What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (24 Viewers)

12 TM PPR QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE

Gave: C. Michael and 2017 1st

Got: McCoy

Trying to make one more run this year.
Ouch.   I think the pick is worth more than McCoy alone.   If he isn't potentially hampered for the rest of the year it might work out though.   Michael is a good trade candidate though. 

Ouch.   I think the pick is worth more than McCoy alone.   If he isn't potentially hampered for the rest of the year it might work out though.   Michael is a good trade candidate though. 
I have to agree this seemed like a lot for McCoy. I gave up Goff and a late 2 for him last week. Admittedly I got a deal but Michael should be more than enough for an injured McCoy. 

I don't like projecting picks on trades such as this. Could end up being 1.06 and 2.06. One never knows. I would take the other side all day long. 
I would take other side as well but I think 60% of the way through the season its reasonable to project these picks. If that owner is 2-6 and in 10th place right now he may be buying booker for the future anyways and realize he isn't going to compete next year. With only 5 regular season games left if you aren't at least 3-5 it's very very difficult to get into the playoffs.

12 Team PPR:

Give: 2017 1 (late-1st place team, #1 pts, #1 all-play ), 2017 1 (mid to late-#2 scoring team) McKinnon, P. Cooper. Close to 100% chance both#1 picks are from playoff teams as highest scoring team not in top 5 by record makes playoffs.

Get: Dez, Brady, 2017 2 (early-2.1 right now and given players he just dealt not likely to change), 2017 2 (mid to late-#2 scoring team)

Denver724 said:
I don't like projecting picks on trades such as this. Could end up being 1.06 and 2.06. One never knows. I would take the other side all day long. 
No.  If there was a chance it'd be 1.06, I wouldn't do it.  It's guaranteed to be 1-4, and more likely top 3.  And next year Booker goes back to a timeshare.  

14 team PPR Devy league.

Contender trades Dalvin Cook, late 1st, and what projects to be an early 2nd for DeMarco Murray and an early 1st.

(Keep in mind early 1 is more like mid 1 and late1/early 2s are more like mid/late 2s in devys)

jeaton6 said:
I would take other side as well but I think 60% of the way through the season its reasonable to project these picks. If that owner is 2-6 and in 10th place right now he may be buying booker for the future anyways and realize he isn't going to compete next year. With only 5 regular season games left if you aren't at least 3-5 it's very very difficult to get into the playoffs.
This team is not making the playoffs.  Zero question on that.  Which is the reason I made the trade.  Right now, he's 3 VPs ahead of the team with the fewest VPs.  There are a few teams in that group which is why it could be anywhere from 1-4 right now.  But getting the 2nd rounder was key for me.  So my 1st and his 2nd are only a few spots away and with a deep draft, it was worth it....

This team is not making the playoffs.  Zero question on that.  Which is the reason I made the trade.  Right now, he's 3 VPs ahead of the team with the fewest VPs.  There are a few teams in that group which is why it could be anywhere from 1-4 right now.  But getting the 2nd rounder was key for me.  So my 1st and his 2nd are only a few spots away and with a deep draft, it was worth it....
Gotcha.  How many VPs is he out from playoff spot and does he have any recent injuries to key starters  that Booker will fill the gap on? Anyways you know your league best so you know how likely that top 4 guarantee is. If it's guaranteed top 4 I like it for you especially given the fact if you win it all it's a max of 4 spots from the 2nd rounder you pick up. Though, I wouldn't jump to conclusion that Bookers in a timeshare next year. If he gets it done down the stretch he will see a really big value bump over the next month (bigger then the bump a top 4 pick (of course unless it turns into 1.1 in which case it probably turns into late 1st startup value) will get over that time--tbh I find it difficult to see those picks appreciating more than they already have!) and could be flipped for very valuable asset before the risk of "timeshare" starts creeping into most owners minds coming off a great year end fantasy stretch.

10 team 2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr

traded away:  Latavius Murray

Got:  Cody Kessler and 2017 3rd

Needed to get another QB to fill bye weeks and the Browns apparently love Kessler so worth a shot

Gotcha.  How many VPs is he out from playoff spot and does he have any recent injuries to key starters  that Booker will fill the gap on? Anyways you know your league best so you know how likely that top 4 guarantee is. If it's guaranteed top 4 I like it for you especially given the fact if you win it all it's a max of 4 spots from the 2nd rounder you pick up. Though, I wouldn't jump to conclusion that Bookers in a timeshare next year. If he gets it done down the stretch he will see a really big value bump over the next month (bigger then the bump a top 4 pick (of course unless it turns into 1.1 in which case it probably turns into late 1st startup value) will get over that time--tbh I find it difficult to see those picks appreciating more than they already have!) and could be flipped for very valuable asset before the risk of "timeshare" starts creeping into most owners minds coming off a great year end fantasy stretch.

So not to have a knee jerk reaction, but are we sure Booker is actually any good?  Or just a bad O-Line?

12 Team PPR dynasty

Team 1: Gave Doug Martin/Charles Sims/Jordan Reed/Vernon Davis

Team 2: Gave Rob Gronkowski/Mike Gillislee

12 team PPR

team A: middle of road team/probably should be rebuilding gives: Jordan Reed, Ravens D

team B: will make playoffs: gives Matt forte, patriots D and teams A 2017 first 

12 team PPR

Team A gets AP, late 2nd, Early 4th, 2 5ths

Team B JJNelson, early 3rd
What? How? 

What has Nelson done to show he has this kind of value? I could see it if all the picks were on Nelsons side. I get AP may never play but even if he only plays one more year he's worth more than JJ and all the picks.

Nelson was named the starter over Floyd.   He has more value than Floyd to me right now...  And Floyd is like in the 50s for dynasty adp right now as stupid as that is.  

JJ is definitely on the rise.   It seems like the mainstream dynasty rankers are too conservative on young talented players who shine in their first opportunity.   If you want to get these guys you have to be a week or more earlier than your league. 

Nelson was named the starter over Floyd.   He has more value than Floyd to me right now...  And Floyd is like in the 50s for dynasty adp right now as stupid as that is.  

JJ is definitely on the rise.   It seems like the mainstream dynasty rankers are too conservative on young talented players who shine in their first opportunity.   If you want to get these guys you have to be a week or more earlier than your league. 
I read the same blurb as you last week. Nelson was named a starter in 3 wide sets. Floyds ADP was based on 1) he was going to be the #2 and 2) He was either going to overtake Fitz this year and be extended or perform and get a big free agent deal.

Neither has materialized hence the ADP at this point is meaningless. Old news.

Nelson is on the rise I will give you that (obviously in redraft he's more valuable) but in dynasty I'd still prefer Floyd. More upside to me when he goes somewhere else next year. Nelson as the number 3 in an average to below average passing offense doesn't excite me alll that much.

12 Team PPR SuperFlex Dynasty

Team A gives: Gronk, Jordan Mathews, Hyde, Hogan

Team E gives: Kelvin Benjamin, Sproles, Barnidge, two 2017 1sts (mid)

Not involved.  Team A can't make the dance, dismantling his team to start a rebuild (I think  :loco:

Team E is desperate for a win at 4-5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Team E gives: Benjamin, Sproles, Barnidge, two 2017 1sts (mid)

Not involved.  Team A can't make the dance, dismantling his team to start a rebuild (I think  :loco:

Team E is desperate for a win at 4-5.  Team E Owner is father to Team A Owner. 
I see it as Hyde pretty much for free. Assuming we are talking Kelvin Benjamin. If not much much worse.

I read the same blurb as you last week. Nelson was named a starter in 3 wide sets. Floyds ADP was based on 1) he was going to be the #2 and 2) He was either going to overtake Fitz this year and be extended or perform and get a big free agent deal.

Neither has materialized hence the ADP at this point is meaningless. Old news.

Nelson is on the rise I will give you that (obviously in redraft he's more valuable) but in dynasty I'd still prefer Floyd. More upside to me when he goes somewhere else next year. Nelson as the number 3 in an average to below average passing offense doesn't excite me alll that much.
Yeah I agree except for the Floyd still having good value part.   I was just commenting on how somebody might buy Nelson for that - trying to get in early before it's too late.   Somebody probably thinks he's the next TY Hilton?  

As a dynasty owner myself I plan to sell once he has established the 3rd WR role which gave John Brown almost equal value to Floyd. 

Team E gives: Kelvin Benjamin, Sproles, Barnidge, two 2017 1sts (mid)

Team E is desperate for a win at 4-5.
Gronk side easy 

jeaton6 said:
but in dynasty I'd still prefer Floyd. More upside to me when he goes somewhere else next year. 
I keep hearing people say this.  Where is he going to go that has more upside than Arizona?  There are very few "better" situations than that offense. And let's face it, the way he's been playing, nobody is going to sign him to be their #1 WR.

12 team, 0.5 PPR, start 1/2/3/1

I give: Morris, DWill

I get: 3rd (should be 3.01; team has won 1 game so far and has 2 game "lead")

Don't own Zeke.  Really just clearing roster room as I will be getting players off IR soon.

Trade deadline tomorrow...

A traded Doctson

B traded Rawls

A is in need of some RB help, and a title contender (future be damned). 

Straight PPR?

I might do that while Reed is healthy.  I like HH and think he is going to be a fixture in fantasy in SD as long as Rivers is the QB
No matter the scoring system.  Rivers is 35 next month, Cousins just turned 28 and likely will get the long term deal he wants this offseason. 

Straight PPR?

I might do that while Reed is healthy.  I like HH and think he is going to be a fixture in fantasy in SD as long as Rivers is the QB
I like Henry too, but I took the trade for Reed. His head scares me, but I have a real shot at winning it all this year and my TE was my weakest position. And, Reed's only 26.

No matter the scoring system.  Rivers is 35 next month, Cousins just turned 28 and likely will get the long term deal he wants this offseason. 
There's a very real possibility that Reed is out of the league before either Rivers or Cousins.

Love Reed, would rather have Henry straight up however.
I'm a lock for the playoffs and probably a bye this year. TE is by far me weakest position. I figure if Reed can help me win the championship this year the trade will be a win and we'll see what happens down the road with Henry and Reed's concussions. I'm willing to take the future risk for a big upgrade this year at the position.

I'm a lock for the playoffs and probably a bye this year. TE is by far me weakest position. I figure if Reed can help me win the championship this year the trade will be a win and we'll see what happens down the road with Henry and Reed's concussions. I'm willing to take the future risk for a big upgrade this year at the position.
That makes sense. I own both of these players a ton and own them together in a few leagues.  I prefer Henry in a vacuum and on most of those leagues because I have other TE's but I got one contending team with both of them that does not have a rock solid third TE so in that league  I'd rather have Reed. These are also all TE premium leagues to a big producer is huge.

Only thing I'll say on Reed is I don't give him as much of a bonus for his youth due to concern his career could get short.

14 team PPR, flexible lineups. Devy league.

Gave:

Tyreek Hill, Damien Williams, Maxx Williams, 2018 1st (later, devy weakened)

Got:

Hunter Henry, Marqise Lee

201712t ppr

Team A trades Hopkins, Starks, K Stills, 2017 2nd and 3rd

Team B trades  L Murray, D Thomas, T Pryor, J Graham

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread