What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

Which is why he said this deal is paying the price of each guy's upside as if they'd already hit it.

And let's not get caught in the trap of assuming this is just about Whtie and not Henry.  Henry is far from the first young TE that people have been excited about.  These guys actually develop into difference makers at what, a 10% rate?  5%?  For every Travis Kelce there are a dozen Zach Ertz and Kyle Rudolph.

Regardless, even at their upside, which is a major longshot that both of them hit it, I think I'd take Bell over Watkins/Eifert.
I agree with the overall point, but the bolded seems pretty weird. Rudolph and Kelce both turned 27 this season and both of them just posted their first top 5 finish, only 10 points apart (just looking at fbg 0ppr ranks). Ertz was right there with them on a points per game basis, but he missed some time with a displaced rib.

Kelce as a top 10 player?  That to  me seems like a gigantic stretch, and will haunt people moving forward if they pay 1st round startup value for him. 
hes not top 10, however in that league format he is a bit more valuable than a non 1.5 te ppr

isnt FFPC short bench? If so, I can see the appeal of getting a good young wr and offloading some picks that you wont roster anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC:

Trade 1:

Team A gives Spencer Ware

Team B gives 2018 3rd

Trade 2:

Team C gives Jeremy Hill & Jeremy Maclin

Team D gives Laquon Treadwell

I have always preferred to push my chips towards prototypical athletes.  That said, I am surprised to see owners dealing Tyreek for a late first or a player like Perriman.  

Even as a part-time player, the guy averaged nearly 16 in PPR.  Does he take a next step? Does he need to to justify being worth more than a late first? Although he was drafted out of a small school, let's not forget he was a highly touted high school prospect. Where I own, I am not selling for close to the trades I have seen, and where I don't own I am price checking. 

I have always preferred to push my chips towards prototypical athletes.  That said, I am surprised to see owners dealing Tyreek for a late first or a player like Perriman.  

Even as a part-time player, the guy averaged nearly 16 in PPR.  Does he take a next step? Does he need to to justify being worth more than a late first? Although he was drafted out of a small school, let's not forget he was a highly touted high school prospect. Where I own, I am not selling for close to the trades I have seen, and where I don't own I am price checking. 
I agree, there sure are a lot of Tyreek trades posted lately.  I think he's a unique and should continue to be a WR2 if used properly.  Bonus if return yards are included.  

That said, I think many people see him as another Percy Harvin, Tavon Austin or De'Anthony Thomas and want to "sell high."  The problem with that is getting Perriman in return is not selling high...it may work out if Perriman ever reaches what we thought was his potential but it is definitely not selling high.   

FFPC:

Trade 1:

Team B gives 2018 3rd

Trade 2:

Is Hill really worth that little?  Jeez.  Maybe it's my owner's eyes blinding me to his real value, but he's worth more than that. 

Zyphros said:
Is Hill really worth that little?  Jeez.  Maybe it's my owner's eyes blinding me to his real value, but he's worth more than that. 
I do think Hill is worth little in ppr leagues. There's likely 25-30 current RB's I'd rather have over him, plus another 7-10 rookies coming in that I'd gamble on as well.  

bombjack said:
FFPC:

Trade 1:

Team B gives 2018 3rd

Trade 2:

not a fan either but very cheap for Ware. trade 2 seems fair both sides are hard to value, I lean Treadwell

Same on this one but for sure need the 2.1 to say that, like Hill a bit more than Rawls.
2.1 itself isn't that far off from what we've seen Hill going for straight up in previous trades (usually around 1.10 or so).  Rawls I think is worth way way more than moving back 3 picks from there.

Zealots Field; non-PPR; huge rosters

Gave:

Kirk Cousins and 2017 2.09 rookie pick

Got:

2018 1st round rookie pick

The other franchise is pretty poor.  He's got the 1.03/2.03/etc picks this year and I could very well see it being the same after next season.

Zealots Field; non-PPR; huge rosters

Gave:

Kirk Cousins and 2017 2.09 rookie pick

Got:

2018 1st round rookie pick

The other franchise is pretty poor.  He's got the 1.03/2.03/etc picks this year and I could very well see it being the same after next season.
Gross.

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Hooper and 2.9

Got: 2.3

Needed to consolidate. Needed to cut 2 of Fiedorowicz, Gates, Hooper. Figured this move gave me some more capital towards draft day.

Which way?  Why on earth would anyone pay a 1st to add Kirk Cousins?  Unless it's a 2QB league and I'm simply not aware of Zealots rules.  That's a bad trade.  
Start 1QB/1RB/3WR/1TE/2 non-QB flex; fairly standard scoring rules.

He was the #5 scoring QB in Zealots. Where did he rank in your leagues?
He was #6 on a ppg basis in my leagues, so same ballpark.  He's been a starter for a short period, but that was clearly his career year thus far at age 28.  He's losing his offensive coordinator, likely his top 2 WR's, his TE has major long-term health concerns, his team just choked away a playoff appearance, and his future contract situation/team is uncertain.  On top of that, there are roughly 10+ QB's within 2ppg of that career year Cousins just had, some of which you can get for much cheaper than the price of a 1st round rookie pick.  And I'd wager a solid amount that Cousins doesn't finish top 5-6 at QB next year, and that 2016 may end up being the peak season we'll see out of him from a fantasy perspective for his career.  If you think he's one of the potentially elite QB's moving forward, then that may be a fair price to pay.  I guess you could say I think he's a non-difference maker at QB long-term, so I'm not in the camp that gives up an extremely valuable piece such as a 1st to add a player such as Cousins. 

Spike said:
Start 1QB/1RB/3WR/1TE/2 non-QB flex; fairly standard scoring rules.
Size of league?  Top end QBs become more valuable the larger the league.  I'm in a 10 team league, start 1 QB and QBs are pretty easy to come by (which devalues them). 

Now personally I wouldn't trade a future 1st for a QB (I have Rodgers), but if Rodgers up and retires this offseason and my only options for that very important position are the rookies or the guys who are still free agents (amazingly, Romo still is) I might consider moving a future 1st to shore up that hole.

SayWhat? said:
He was #6 on a ppg basis in my leagues, so same ballpark.  He's been a starter for a short period, but that was clearly his career year thus far at age 28.  He's losing his offensive coordinator, likely his top 2 WR's, his TE has major long-term health concerns, his team just choked away a playoff appearance, and his future contract situation/team is uncertain.  On top of that, there are roughly 10+ QB's within 2ppg of that career year Cousins just had, some of which you can get for much cheaper than the price of a 1st round rookie pick.  And I'd wager a solid amount that Cousins doesn't finish top 5-6 at QB next year, and that 2016 may end up being the peak season we'll see out of him from a fantasy perspective for his career.  If you think he's one of the potentially elite QB's moving forward, then that may be a fair price to pay.  I guess you could say I think he's a non-difference maker at QB long-term, so I'm not in the camp that gives up an extremely valuable piece such as a 1st to add a player such as Cousins.
Ok, so I'm a skins fan so take this with a grain of salt....

Two amazing stats I heard this week here locally on the radio - especially when you combine them:  First off, Cousins had the hardest schedule vs pass defenses this year.  Yup, the hardest out of all QBs.  Second, his "air yards" (total passing yards minus "yards after catch") was #1 in the league (#2 was Brees).  Put those two stats together, and that's an incredible year.

Anyway, you bring up good points about his uncertainty.  I doubt he loses both Jackson and Garcon, though.  Likely 1, but not both - and Reed and Vernon Davis may be the best 1-2 punch at TE in the league.  Also keep in mind that Doctson should be another target for him next year to make up for the loss of either Jackson or Garcon (and don't sleep on Crowder!).  The biggest variable to Cousins may actually be the Skins defense.  They were horrible this year.  If they go from #28 to just "middle of the pack", he won't need to throw so much and the offense could be more balanced.  Also, a better running game (better running threat) may even open up the passing game even more. 

Ok, so I'm a skins fan so take this with a grain of salt....

Two amazing stats I heard this week here locally on the radio - especially when you combine them:  First off, Cousins had the hardest schedule vs pass defenses this year.  Yup, the hardest out of all QBs.  Second, his "air yards" (total passing yards minus "yards after catch") was #1 in the league (#2 was Brees).  Put those two stats together, and that's an incredible year.

Anyway, you bring up good points about his uncertainty.  I doubt he loses both Jackson and Garcon, though.  Likely 1, but not both - and Reed and Vernon Davis may be the best 1-2 punch at TE in the league.  Also keep in mind that Doctson should be another target for him next year to make up for the loss of either Jackson or Garcon (and don't sleep on Crowder!).  The biggest variable to Cousins may actually be the Skins defense.  They were horrible this year.  If they go from #28 to just "middle of the pack", he won't need to throw so much and the offense could be more balanced.  Also, a better running game (better running threat) may even open up the passing game even more. 
Very interesting stats indeed.  Thanks for sharing!  I'm definitely not saying that Cousins didn't have a very good year.  He absolutely did...especially once that offense settled in after the first month or so.   The bolded are two things worth discussing as they relate directly to my feelings regarding any further upside Cousins may have.  First, the defense as you said was bad.  An improvement there likely does mean a bit less in the way of there being less of a need to air it out so much.  And the run game was uninspiring, to put it kindly.  An improvement there could aid the passing game, but I think more in the way of red zone performance than anything else.  All that said, Cousins threw the ball 600+ times and for nearly 5,000 yards.  I don't see there being much upside to those numbers, so truly you're hoping those don't drop off significantly and that he can improve upon his 25 TD's.  I think it's likely that he get in that 30-32 range for TD passes, but I simply don't see him dropping 5,000 yards passing every year.  All things considered, he feels like a QB that will settle in with annual numbers in the 4000-4500 yards and 24-30 TD range.  In other words, not a guy I'd personally be parting with 1sts for. 

In a 12 team Zealots league, all starting QBs are rostered as are most back ups. They're not easy to come by.

Cousins has been a TWO year starter. He threw for four less TDs but almost 800 more yards than year 1.

Gruden is a pretty good OC himself. 

If you assume the defense gets better and assume the running game doesn't and you assume you'll get a great player with your 2018, then you reinforce your viewpoint with hypothecals and...well it could easily go the other way too.

It's not a bad trade by any means given the information at hand.

All things considered, he feels like a QB that will settle in with annual numbers in the 4000-4500 yards and 24-30 TD range.  In other words, not a guy I'd personally be parting with 1sts for.
So, a Matt Stafford type guy?  Realize he got the QB and the 9th pick in the second round this year (don't know if that's 19 or 23, though) for what could be an end of the round first next year.  Time value of picks and all that (a pick this year is worth more than next year....especially with what I'm hearing from this draft class).  If the guy needed a QB, this wasn't a bad way to do it.  Moreover, if QB was his weakest position, this move could make the first next year the #9 pick or so rather than the #5. 

People are talking about the defense and pass attempts as if they're some kind of outlier.  Cousins threw 606 times which was 6th in the league, one spot ahead of Eli Manning who played with the #2 scoring defense.

It's not like this was some unsustainable number of pass attempts, nor is it at all something that's not easily repeatable with a middle of the pack or even good defense.  The majority of the above average QBs in the league throw the ball within a standard deviation of that amount pretty much every year.  Matt Ryan has eclipsed that number 4 of the last 5 years.  Ryan Tannehill has been within 20 attempts of that number every year he's been healthy.  It's unlikely that his pass attempts will take a major step back regardless of what happens to the defense.

All good talking points.  Maybe "gross" was a bit overdramatic. 

That said, I've rarely if ever seen championship teams make trades like this.  I'd love for the OP to post the roster of the team acquiring Cousins.  I'd wager that it's closer to non-playoff team than it is to playoff team for 2017. 

Size of league?  Top end QBs become more valuable the larger the league.  I'm in a 10 team league, start 1 QB and QBs are pretty easy to come by (which devalues them). 

Now personally I wouldn't trade a future 1st for a QB (I have Rodgers), but if Rodgers up and retires this offseason and my only options for that very important position are the rookies or the guys who are still free agents (amazingly, Romo still is) I might consider moving a future 1st to shore up that hole.
12 team.

I also had/have Andrew Luck, Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson at QB.

menobrown said:
I'd slate Hopkins value in between pick 3 and 4 so Hyde would not need to do a lot for this trade to work for me.
How in the world is Hopkins value between the 3-4 rookie pick??  Progressed each yead into a monster year three, then a down year with a horrendous QB who is probably gone next year.  

Not to mention Hopkins passes the studly eye test in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread