Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2019 IN-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

High price to pay??

Considering that is the second time Dez/Henry has said that about one of his trades, when it clearly is not a high price, shows he really has no idea.

6 minutes ago, buck naked said:

Considering that is the second time Dez/Henry has said that about one of his trades, when it clearly is not a high price, shows he really has no idea.

You never know when you are giving up the next David Johnson the next Jordan Howard when you give up a 2nd round pick to just move up a few spots in the 1st round.

In 2015 I tried hard to move up to pick 4 in my one rookie draft I offered 14,15 and 20 and was turned down the counter was for my 10,14 and 15.  I turned it down luckily as Abdullah went to him at 4 who I would have also taken but at 15 I got David Johnson.  So which was better having the 1 "stud" pick that everyone said was a go get guy in the top 6 that year or settle for 3 so so guys at 10,14 and 15 ?  One of them so so guys was David Johnson and while my other 2 picks look like busts in Perriman and Funchess having 3 bullets over 1 was huge in this situation.  Last year how are those 2,3,4,5 picks working out ?  Michael Thomas went 10 in two of my leagues last year and Howard was a 2nd rounder in one and fell all the way to the 3rd round in another.  Much better than Treadwell who went top 4 in nearly every draft last year or even the other guys who still might show up this year in Doctson and others.

Just saying you never know everyone always wants the projected stud but sometimes the shark play is to have multiple lower picks.

To each their own which is why trades are made.

Two trades today

ppr superflex  otc deals

ebron and 1.5 (cook) for 1.4 (mixon) and Ginn 

zeke, 4.2, and 18 4th for 1.7 (otc) took oj Howard, Lamar miller, Randal Cobb, 2.6 and 18 3rd

1 hour ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

:whistle:

You weren't the only one facing the decision of what to do with drafting multiple TEs. I had picks 5, 7, 8, 9, 11 in an FFPC 2500 draft this year. I thought long and hard about taking all 3 of them for months. I needed to rebuild this team, but at that price point it is harder to be very patient and watch 3 TEs take time to develop. I ended up taking Howard at 5, trading up for Dalvin at 6, and Njoku at 8 and M. Williams at 9. I still could have taken Engram at 11, but needed an RB so I went with Hunt. 

It is definitely a ballsy strategy to take all 3, so I applaud you taking the risk and going for it.

41 minutes ago, Dez said:

You never know when you are giving up the next David Johnson the next Jordan Howard when you give up a 2nd round pick to just move up a few spots in the 1st round.

In 2015 I tried hard to move up to pick 4 in my one rookie draft I offered 14,15 and 20 and was turned down the counter was for my 10,14 and 15.  I turned it down luckily as Abdullah went to him at 4 who I would have also taken but at 15 I got David Johnson.  So which was better having the 1 "stud" pick that everyone said was a go get guy in the top 6 that year or settle for 3 so so guys at 10,14 and 15 ?  One of them so so guys was David Johnson and while my other 2 picks look like busts in Perriman and Funchess having 3 bullets over 1 was huge in this situation.  Last year how are those 2,3,4,5 picks working out ?  Michael Thomas went 10 in two of my leagues last year and Howard was a 2nd rounder in one and fell all the way to the 3rd round in another.  Much better than Treadwell who went top 4 in nearly every draft last year or even the other guys who still might show up this year in Doctson and others.

Just saying you never know everyone always wants the projected stud but sometimes the shark play is to have multiple lower picks.

To each their own which is why trades are made.

You just changed the focus with that response. The point isn't who you COULD draft and whether you drafted the right player. Your point and my response was to the point of whether what you gave up was a "high price to pay". Ghostguy and I both recognize how little you are giving up to move up.

Edited by buck naked
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rhythmdoctor said:

I started the draft with: 1.05, 1.07, 1.11 & 1.12 - My main target and favorite player in the draft is CMC.  I made a few attempts to trade my 1.05 and other variations to the owner who took CMC at 1.03 but nothing worked.  I was already planning on getting 2 of the 3 big TEs with my 1.05 and 1.07 but once I knew I couldn't get CMC, I knew I had to get all 3 TEs.  Problem is, I have not been able to solidify the order of those 3 and my fear is that I'd miss the 'best' TE, so I really was set on getting the big 3 TEs. Then, the 1.06 owner posted that the pick was available so I worked out the below trade with him that he accepted:

Diggs, 3.16, 2018 2nd rounder for the 1.06.  

Some think I may have paid too much but I have OBJ and ARob and also Tyreek Hill on my taxi squad, so I think it was worth selling Diggs for - he would have been a spot starter and he's a guy who will put up 4-6 very good games per year.  Plus, although I do like Diggs, I don't like that offense.

Finally, I just selected Zay Jones and  JuJu with the 1.11 and 1.12.  I feel really good about my draft.

So, if CMc went 1.03 and Cook went 1.08. I'm curious who went at 1.01, 1.02, 1.04, 1.09 and 1.10? I assume in some order it was Fournette, Mixon, Davis, Williams and then maybe Ross, Kamara, Perrine. But, I'd like to see the exact draft order out of curiousity. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, northern exposure said:

So, if CMc went 1.03 and Cook went 1.08. I'm curious who went at 1.01, 1.02, 1.04, 1.09 and 1.10? I assume in some order it was Fournette, Mixon, Davis, Williams and then maybe Ross, Kamara, Perrine. But, I'd like to see the exact draft order out of curiousity. Thanks.

1 - Fournette 

2 - Davis

4 - Mixon

8 - Cook

9 - Williams 

10 - Ross

5 hours ago, jadensdad said:

Two trades today

ppr superflex  otc deals

ebron and 1.5 (cook) for 1.4 (mixon) and Ginn 

zeke, 4.2, and 18 4th for 1.7 (otc) took oj Howard, Lamar miller, Randal Cobb, 2.6 and 18 3rd

Ebron/Cook even though I wouldn't take Cook there, I'm viewing it as if I had

Zeke by a mile

• Like 2

ppr qrwwwftdk

Team a -Jordan Mathews, 2.6

team b -2.4 (otc joe Williams) Blount

team a - Russell wilson

team c - bortels, 2.6, 3.4

Ppr superflex 

team a - 2.4,2.6,2.10

team b - 1.5 otc (dalvin cook)

2 hours ago, jadensdad said:

ppr qrwwwftdk

Team a -Jordan Mathews, 2.6

team b -2.4 (otc joe Williams) Blount

team a - Russell wilson

team c - bortels, 2.6, 3.4

2.4, 3.4, Blount and bortles for Mathews and Russell Wilson?  In one rb ppr?  That's cuckoo. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, -OZ- said:

In these leagues taking the big 3 TE in the top 7 makes sense imo.

Not when Cook was on the board and to me not when Cook or Mike Williams was on the board and this is coming from one of the biggest TE horders you will come across. 2 would have been fine, getting all 3 in light of some of the other players on the board was bad execution to me, and again I horde TE's in this format more than like anyone I know.

2 hours ago, Aunt Jemima said:

FFPC

Team A trades Evan Engram, Jared Cook, 2018 3rd

Team B Trades JuJu, Eric Decker, 2018 6th

Hate to say I would prefer the Engram side by a healthy margin.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Not when Cook was on the board and to me not when Cook or Mike Williams was on the board and this is coming from one of the biggest TE horders you will come across. 2 would have been fine, getting all 3 in light of some of the other players on the board was bad execution to me, and again I horde TE's in this format more than like anyone I know.

I'm not real big on Mike Williams (too many with that name have busted) but perhaps he could have traded down. 

To update, last week or so I did this:

Gave Paul Perkins

Got 2.05

Today with 2.02 otc with Hunt, Perrine, and Zay Jones gone, did this:

Gave 2.05

Got Duke Johnson, Julius Thomas, and 4.12

6 minutes ago, gabes1919 said:

To update, last week or so I did this:

Gave Paul Perkins

Got 2.05

Today with 2.02 otc with Hunt, Perrine, and Zay Jones gone, did this:

Gave 2.05

Got Duke Johnson, Julius Thomas, and 4.12

Not a big Perkins guy so I'd have been on board with your trade before the NFL draft. I'd have been on board with your trade after the NFL draft if you were moving up to 2.5 as a player specific trade, meaning you were not trading for the pick so much as a player you like fell to 2.5 and you were dealing Perkins to get them.

As is the best player you got back is Duke Johnson and for that return I'd just have held onto Perkins.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Aunt Jemima said:

FFPC

Team A trades Evan Engram, Jared Cook, 2018 3rd

Team B Trades JuJu, Eric Decker, 2018 6th

Engram

Ppr superflex

team a - 2.5 otc (Evan engram) tyrell pryor

team b - 18 first and second (mid)

i hate to give up future picks, but was desperate for a te and was surprised engram was still available.  Love Pryor in Washington 

10 minutes ago, jadensdad said:

Ppr superflex

i hate to give up future picks, but was desperate for a te and was surprised engram was still available.  Love Pryor in Washington 

Engram

• Like 1

3 hours ago, menobrown said:

The "right" move would have really been to trade down from 5 to 8.  If you plan is to take all three TEs, it's not a bad consolation prize to MAYBE miss out on one of them if the guy takes one at 5 and get Cook at 8 along with whatever extra you got in the trade.

So yeah, I get the appeal of taking all three TEs, but he didn't maximize his draft capital that well.

53 minutes ago, jadensdad said:

Ppr superflex

I hate to give up future picks too but this seems like a no brainer 

unless those picks are are much more valuable in superflex, which I don't play 

On 5/16/2017 at 10:23 AM, -OZ- said:

OTOH, I just traded down from pick 11 (10 is otc, this was going to be either Njoku or Engram if I kept it) for the 15 and 28.  IDP league and I like some of the players who should be available at pick 28.  I don't really need any position so I'm just trading for value.   Assuming I keep the 15, I'll probably get Foster, Davis, Hunt, or Curtis Samuel - so, IMO worst case is Njoku for Samuel and the 28. 

Ended up being Engram for foster and Everett.  Time will tell but I think I like it. 

I finally achieved my dream of acquiring Amari Cooper.  He wasn't cheap.

Amari Cooper for Jay Ajayi, Cam Meredith, 1.12, and 2 2018 1st rounders (both probably mid or late, but league is balanced)

45 minutes ago, Skeletore Eh said:

I hate to give up future picks too but this seems like a no brainer 

unless those picks are are much more valuable in superflex, which I don't play 

They are more valuable.  4 qb's were gone by 2.4.  That is how engram fell to 2.5

13 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Amari Cooper for Jay Ajayi, Cam Meredith, 1.12, and 2 2018 1st rounders (both probably mid or late, but league is balanced)

Wow...I think I'd consider dealing Beckham for a haul like that...

1 minute ago, Arodin said:
14 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

Agreed.  But if you really want a player sometimes you overpay.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Arodin said:

Yeah.. I paid up but I really wanted a share of Cooper.  

I actually Iike Cooper more than Beckham in Dynasty. I think the talent is equal, Cooper is 2 years younger, and most importantly Cooper's QB isn't going anywhere  anytime soon.  Beckham's later years could be in purgatory without a competent QB. 

Edited by kittenmittens

1 minute ago, Aunt Jemima said:

FFPC

Team A trade 1.7 and Latvius Murray

Team B trades 1.10, Michael Crabtree, 2018 2nd

1.7 seems pretty valuable in TE premium.  1.10 could be kind of no man's land if the three TEs go in addition to the consensus top 6 guys.  I think I'd stick with 1.7 and be happy with Howard or one of the top 6.

24 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

1.7 seems pretty valuable in TE premium.  1.10 could be kind of no man's land if the three TEs go in addition to the consensus top 6 guys.  I think I'd stick with 1.7 and be happy with Howard or one of the top 6.

full info, I was team A, already had McCaffrey, Mixon, D Murray, Prosise, L Murray, D lewis. Cook was still on the board at 1.7 and I didn't want him. team B took Cook. I then traded from pick 10 to pick 8 and took Njoku

• Like 1

Team A traded K.Benjamin 

Team B recieved 12th overall pick in rookie draft. ppr

18 minutes ago, VolBoy said:

Team A traded K.Benjamin 

Think I'd still take KB but depends who is there. 

3 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Crab and the 2nd make the fall back worthwhile imo. Worst case you end up with hunt or Kamara.

• Like 1

Mid-Draft 12 Team PPR SuperFlex (6 points all TDs), Rookie/Devy combined draft (makes the 2nds worth a bit more as they're essentially devy 1sts or falling rooks):

A: 1.11, 2.10, 3.06
B: 2.07, 2.08, 2.09, 4.06

C: 1.11 (OTC/Kamara), 2018 1st, 2.10
A: Brandon Cooks, 4.02, 4.03

D: Alshon Jeffery
E: 1.12, 2.01

B: 1.11, 2.10
A: 1.06 (John Ross), 4.03

F: Alex Smith
G: Cody Kessler, Jack Doyle

F: Brett Hundley, Jonathan Stewart
A: DeSean Jackson

F: Terrance West
G: 4.03

A: 2.09
H: 2.11, Kenny Britt

Draft so far: McCaffery, Maholmes, Mixon, Howard, Darnold, JRoss, Trubisky, Kizer, Equanimeous St Brown, Josh allen, Kamara

4 hours ago, SieteCinco said:

Mid-Draft 12 Team PPR SuperFlex (6 points all TDs), Rookie/Devy combined draft (makes the 2nds worth a bit more as they're essentially devy 1sts or falling rooks):

A: 1.11, 2.10, 3.06
B: 2.07, 2.08, 2.09, 4.06

C: 1.11 (OTC/Kamara), 2018 1st, 2.10
A: Brandon Cooks, 4.02, 4.03

D: Alshon Jeffery
E: 1.12, 2.01

B: 1.11, 2.10
A: 1.06 (John Ross), 4.03

F: Alex Smith
G: Cody Kessler, Jack Doyle

F: Brett Hundley, Jonathan Stewart
A: DeSean Jackson

F: Terrance West
G: 4.03

A: 2.09
H: 2.11, Kenny Britt

Draft so far: McCaffery, Maholmes, Mixon, Howard, Darnold, JRoss, Trubisky, Kizer, Equanimeous St Brown, Josh allen, Kamara

Don't the devy leagues generally devalue early picks? Cooks,  Jeffery and djax seem cheap.  The rest I can't really tell. 

Edited by -OZ-
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Don't the devy leagues generally devalue early picks? Cooks,  Jeffery and djax seem cheap.  The rest I can't really tell. 

Are guys like guice, Barkley, and Chubb already in teams? 2nds are devalued in a devy weakened draft with a separate devy draft, but when both are done together like this I could see some devy reaches while guys like njoku or engram or Perine may slide. That said, I'd rather have the 1.11/2.10/3.06 than the 2.07/2.08/2.09. The 4.06 doesn't bridge the gap for me. 

12 hours ago, VolBoy said:

Team A traded K.Benjamin 

Seems like a decent exit price if you don't like him anymore and a decent buy if you do like him.  Fair enough depending on your view.  

• Like 1

dynasty, pretty standard scoring for offense, start 1QB

i own matt ryan qb-atl and ben roethlisberger qb-pit

put big ben on the block and was offered garoppolo qb-ne in exchange, rejected the offer

not enough or is it? think ben still has at least 2 seasons left and who knows when and where jimmy g will get on the field and how good/bad he actually will be...

14 minutes ago, Gladiators Basel said:

put big ben on the block and was offered garoppolo qb-ne in exchange, rejected the offer

not enough or is it? think ben still has at least 2 seasons left and who knows when and where jimmy g will get on the field and how good/bad he actually will be...

It sounds to me like you will be carrying Big Ben the rest of his career.  He seriously considered retiring this off season.  I think Jimmy G. was an OK offer if you are looking long term.  I can understand saying I'm not going to sell him to help another team out for 2017 because he should still be putting up QB1 numbers but be prepared that you could get nothing for him.  His value will be low due to the retirement talk.

16 minutes ago, Warhogs said:

It sounds to me like you will be carrying Big Ben the rest of his career.  He seriously considered retiring this off season.  I think Jimmy G. was an OK offer if you are looking long term.  I can understand saying I'm not going to sell him to help another team out for 2017 because he should still be putting up QB1 numbers but be prepared that you could get nothing for him.  His value will be low due to the retirement talk.

I doubt he did. He's a drama queen and has always been one - but your point about the talk lowering his value is valid.

37 minutes ago, Gladiators Basel said:

20 minutes ago, Warhogs said:

Even without the retirement talk, in a 12 team league you aren't getting much for Ben. Fwiw, in my recent auction ben, brees, rivers, and Dalton went for around $15 while I got jimmy for $5 (but that was later in the auction while Flacco and others were going even cheaper). That's roughly 1/3 what Ryan, Wilson, etc went.  I don't think I'd trade ben for jimmy g straight but it's closer than it should be. 

16 man PPR

Team A got Jones, Julio ATL WR; Gurley, Todd LAR RB
Team B got Johnson, David ARI RB;  Smith-Schuster, Juju PIT WR

Edited by Hankmoody

12 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

Even without the retirement talk, in a 12 team league you aren't getting much for Ben. Fwiw, in my recent auction ben, brees, rivers, and Dalton went for around $15 while I got jimmy for $5 (but that was later in the auction while Flacco and others were going even cheaper). That's roughly 1/3 what Ryan, Wilson, etc went.  I don't think I'd trade ben for jimmy g straight but it's closer than it should be. 

Thanks.  That probably was a clearer response to what I was saying.  While Ben for Jimmy G straight up wouldn't do it for me I don't think it was so far off that I would quickly dismiss it.  Big Ben is at that point we all have to deal with at some point.  A player too valuable to us to give away but not enough value to someone acquiring him to pay a lot.  Think Carson Palmer a couple years ago when he was roughly a top 5 QB in scoring.  Tough to give him away but you weren't getting anything but an average player or pick.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

16 man PPR

Team A got Jones, Julio ATL WR; Gurley, Todd LAR RB
Team B got Johnson, David ARI RB;  Smith-Schuster, Juju PIT WR

Dayum. Reminds me of the Leveon/OBJ trade we had in my league.

I guess I go with DJ and Juju, but I'm not that happy about it. Mainly went this way because Julio is getting older with a long injury history and I don't think Gurley is that great.

5 minutes ago, Brooklyn70 said:

Gave: D. Parker and K. Dixon

Received: K. Hunt, J. Brown and CJ Fied

Admittedly I'm lower on Dixon than perhaps I should be, but I'd take hunt pretty easily.  I want to like parker too but just don't right now (which probably means he'll blow up)

7 minutes ago, Brooklyn70 said:

Gave: D. Parker and K. Dixon

Received: K. Hunt, J. Brown and CJ Fied

You need to be more specific, there are about 6 guys J. Brown can be.

• Like 1