What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (7 Viewers)

12 team PPR (one of my contender teams)

Gave: Melvin Gordon & Moncrief

Got: L. Bell & Maxx Williams

I know its very good value for one of the best RBs in the game...but his suspension history did give me pause believe it or not. 
Yeah, no.  That's poor value for him.

Bell by a lot for me.

Gordon's value is in a very precipitous place.  He's one of the few top RBs that has to show significant improvement this year to avoid a major value drop.  If he just repeats last year while a good fantasy season, he will forever be labeled as a situation/volume dependent plodder rather than the exciting young RB he's viewed as now, which will crush his value.
At over 21 ppg through 13 weeks until he was injured, you can label him whatever you want and I'll gladly own a "volume dependent plodder".  I would LOVE for him to repeat last year.

Sorry, but that statement is just silly.

At over 21 ppg through 13 weeks until he was injured, you can label him whatever you want and I'll gladly own a "volume dependent plodder".  I would LOVE for him to repeat last year.

Sorry, but that statement is just silly.
Which will be great until he no longer gets that volume or the team is no longer such a great situation for a RB that can't run the ball.

It's short sighted to focus only on fantasy production when ranking a guy as a top 5 RB going forward.  If Gordon repeats last season then for all we know San Diego brings in some competition for him in the draft or free agency.  Just because fantasy owners are happy with him getting a zillion touches and scoring opportunities while being inefficient with them doesn't mean the Chargers are.  Fair chance that Gordon is getting a much smaller load in 2018 if he doesn't play a lot better this year than he did last, or if he ends the season on the bench with injuries for the 3rd year in a row.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which will be great until he no longer gets that volume or the team is no longer such a great situation for a RB that can't run the ball.

It's short sighted to focus only on fantasy production when ranking a guy as a top 5 RB going forward.  If Gordon repeats last season then for all we know San Diego brings in some competition for him in the draft or free agency.  Just because fantasy owners are happy with him getting a zillion touches and scoring opportunity without breaking 4ypc doesn't mean the Chargers are.  Fair chance that Gordon is getting a much smaller load in 2018 if he doesn't play a lot better this year than he did last, or if he ends the season on the bench with injuries for the 3rd year in a row.
Zeke Elliot through 13 weeks -- 291 touches/1607 total yards/13 TDs
M. Gordon through 13 weeks -- 292 touches/1416 total yards/12 TDs

Is Zeke a volume plodder too?  YPC isn't the only metric.  Gordon was on pace for 1750 combined yards last year and was very effective in the passing game. 

Gordon was far from the problem last year in SD and I don't see any chance they are lowering his workload if he does the same thing as last year. 

Looks like coaches are plenty content with Gordon so far

Newly minted Los Angeles Chargers coach Anthony Lynn doesn’t feel that Chargers running back Melvin Gordon has reached his apex yet, but he will be happy to learn that Gordon was the NFL’s second-most improved back in the NFL from 2015 to 2016.

According to football grading site Pro Football Focus, Gordon improved his running back grade by 23.1 points from his rookie year to his sophomore campain. Only Atlanta Falcons running back Tevin Coleman improved more (plus-23.8) during that span.

So improved was Gordon prior to his injury, his final PFF grade of 82.5 was good enough for the fifth-best grade at running back in the NFL, behind only Arizona’s David Johnson, Miami’s Jay Ajayi, Dallas’ Ezekiel Elliot and Pittsburgh’s Le’Veon Bell.

Anthony Lynn plans to help Melvin Gordon maximize potential: 'He's not there yet'

While Lynn may not have been aware of the PFF numbers involved, Gordon’s improvement wasn’t at all lost on the Bolts coach.

“He did a hell of a job from his rookie year to his sophomore year. And I told him we can take this to another level. We’re going to do some things running-wise that I can think can help him.” (via Chargers.com)

A return to a focus on the rushing attack is likely wise at this point for L.A. after veteran quarterback Philip Rivers, who will be 36 years old in December, threw the most interceptions of his career (21) last season.

ETA -- And this was behind the 31st ranked O-line in the NFL last year.

Gurley - good but disappointing

Parker - probably good but disappointing

Or

Cook - probably good but unknown

Hilton - good,  not disappointing

I'll take Cook/ Hilton

CabinFever said:
12 team PPR (one of my contender teams)

Gave: Melvin Gordon & Moncrief

Got: L. Bell & Maxx Williams

I know its very good value for one of the best RBs in the game...but his suspension history did give me pause believe it or not. 
Bell

12 team PPR:

Gave: Gillislee, McNichols, 2018 2 (7-12) - Not a believer in Gillislee given the crowd there.

Got: 2018 1 (likely top 4) - starting lineup of Carr, Gilliselee, Yeldon (maybe Dixon when off suspension), Crowder, Parker, Hurns, Stills

12 team PPR:

Gave: Gillislee, McNichols, 2018 2 (7-12) - Not a believer in Gillislee given the crowd there.

Got: 2018 1 (likely top 4) - starting lineup of Carr, Gilliselee, Yeldon (maybe Dixon when off suspension), Crowder, Parker, Hurns, Stills
Good price for a ticket to the Barkley/Guice/Chubb lottery...

12 team PPR:

And thats how lousy teams stay lousy. Trading their obviously high future 1sts before the season even starts for a bunch of JAGs

12 team ppr dynasty- Start 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wrs, 1 TE, 1 flex.

Team A gave- Picks 1.1, 1.2, Robert Woods and Rob Kelley

Team B gave- Jordan Howard, pick 1.9 and a 2018 first probably pick 4-6.

16 teamer probably not terrible but couldn't he have drafted one at 2.5?
Pretty much what I'm looking to do. Figure I'll have a chance at one of the rookie QBs, or if they are all taken, I'll have a very slim chance at one of the TEs or tier 2-3 RB/WRs. 

Other owner said he probably wouldn't have offered it if he wasn't a Vikings fan, so I don't know how much that factored in. 

12 team PPR:

the 1st even if it's late

:confused:

Which side?
I wouldn't move either pick by itself for Howard and the 1.9, but I will call it even for the 1.2 for the sake of arguing. So then it breaks down to 1.1, Robert Woods and Rob Kelly, for a 2018 1st from a borderline playoff team. Eww

Howard typically goes before all the rookies in most startup drafts.  We can basically call him and 1.1 a wash with different people preferring one or the other.

So it comes down to 1.9 + 2018 1st for 1.2 which is definitely in favor of the 1.2 side but is far away from "the worst one so far" in this thread, or even any given single page of this thread.

12 team PPR:

Wow, that's terrible. 

12 team ppr dynasty- Start 1 qb, 2 rbs, 3 wrs, 1 TE, 1 flex.

Team A gave- Picks 1.1, 1.2, Robert Woods and Rob Kelley

Team B gave- Jordan Howard, pick 1.9 and a 2018 first probably pick 4-6.
Agreed with others that Howard and one of the top picks cancel out. This isn't enough to move from a top pick down to 1.9. Certainly could work out if the 2018 is early, but not enough premium to make that deal. 

12 team PPR:

Embarrassingly bad deal for your trade partner - this league will be giving that team away for free in a few years. That roster is horrific for a 12 team league - and the guy has the balls to trade away his first round pick.

Even if Gillislee works out, being in that crowded backfield he's far from a difference maker. That pick has to be a near lock for the 1.01 with that roster even under a best case scenario for Gillislee.

While the commissioner can not veto the trade he should seriously consider replacing that owner before it's too late. 

Embarrassingly bad deal for your trade partner - this league will be giving that team away for free in a few years. That roster is horrific for a 12 team league - and the guy has the balls to trade away his first round pick.

Even if Gillislee works out, being in that crowded backfield he's far from a difference maker. That pick has to be a near lock for the 1.01 with that roster even under a best case scenario for Gillislee.

While the commissioner can not veto the trade he should seriously consider replacing that owner before it's too late. 
This is the replacement owner for someone that left. This guy paid for this year and half towards next. Definitely top 4. I'm in one other league of his and he definitely likes to make his team his own. Sometimes works other times doesn't.

This is the replacement owner for someone that left. This guy paid for this year and half towards next. Definitely top 4. I'm in one other league of his and he definitely likes to make his team his own. Sometimes works other times doesn't.
That's kind of worse. A guy comes in, takes over a terrible roster and tries to put band aids on it at the expense of his future. Usually some one would take over a team like that and totally tear it down.

I realize people can run their teams anyway they want, and also how foolish we can all look if Gillislee ends up as a top 5 RB in his new home (not impossible I suppose), but this was a really bad move by him based on what we know now. 

That's kind of worse. A guy comes in, takes over a terrible roster and tries to put band aids on it at the expense of his future. Usually some one would take over a team like that and totally tear it down.

I realize people can run their teams anyway they want, and also how foolish we can all look if Gillislee ends up as a top 5 RB in his new home (not impossible I suppose), but this was a really bad move by him based on what we know now. 
Well.....the roster was way better before he took it over.....

12 team ppr 2rb/3wr/te/flex

Melvin Gordon - 1.09
for
1.01 - Myles jack

Jordy Nelson
for
 1.05 - kwon alexander

same team dealt both offensive players

The other side if I may - I think that I'd take the 2 players and the 2.12 given we're talking a 16 team league - unless of course I knew that the one & only player my team sorely needs will definitely be there at the 1.06 slot. 2 young RBs and  the 28th overall player in this draft/class is a nice haul for a rookie pick who has that 50% chance of being successful enough in the coming season or two.

12 Team PPR

Gave: Corey Davis/Montgomery/Cobb

Got: Antonio Brown

Very Happy to pick up my first share of Brown. 

Draft day I acquired Davis. So in total here's what I paid for Brown including Davis Acquisition cost ilo Davis himself.

Gave: 1.9 (Engram), 2.6 (Samuel), Ertz, 3.6 (TBD), Montgomery, Cobb

Got: Brown

This is going to be my final year in this league (little trading, poor payouts, no camaraderie) and now I'm rolling out:

Rodgers

Ajayi, Miller 

Jones, Brown, Crabtree

Flex (1): Martavis Bryant, J. Matthews, Shepard, Hyde

Kelce

12 Team PPR

Gave: Corey Davis/Montgomery/Cobb

Got: Antonio Brown

Very Happy to pick up my first share of Brown. 

Draft day I acquired Davis. So in total here's what I paid for Brown including Davis Acquisition cost ilo Davis himself.

Gave: 1.9 (Engram), 2.6 (Samuel), Ertz, 3.6 (TBD), Montgomery, Cobb

Got: Brown

This is going to be my final year in this league (little trading, poor payouts, no camaraderie) and now I'm rolling out:

Rodgers

Ajayi, Miller 

Jones, Brown, Crabtree

Flex (1): Martavis Bryant, J. Matthews, Shepard, Hyde

Kelce
You made a "win now" trade while planning to bail on the league?

It was great value overall when you break it down like you did, but it seems a bit shady to then move Corey Davis in a deal when you plan to leave the league.

You aren't leaving that team in terrible shape, mind you, but the key players are all certainly at the brink of losing value.

You made a "win now" trade while planning to bail on the league?

It was great value overall when you break it down like you did, but it seems a bit shady to then move Corey Davis in a deal when you plan to leave the league.

You aren't leaving that team in terrible shape, mind you, but the key players are all certainly at the brink of losing value.
Not shady at all. It's a win now play and the value is on my side. If I gave up a ton of value that might be shady, maybe. Even if I wasn't leaving I'd make the same move 10/10. I acquired Davis with a pick that I traded up for hoping I could flip him at some point for a stud which is exactly what I did. 

The team is in good shape (has other youth assets not listed above), has all its future picks and I'm fully paid for this year (i.e. I can run my team how I choose) and if I trade any picks I have to pay full entry for next year.  Also, this league is run by Quest FFL and has zero impact on other league mates if someone stays or goes anyways (FFL finds replacements and eats acquisition cost to do so if they can't get full payment).  I made my intention to leave known before Draft as well publicly because Quest posted they were reducing payouts further next year due to supposed regulatory cost increases that they were passing on to customers.

16 team contract league.  0.5 PPR

Team A:  Odell Beckham Jr - (2 yrs remaining, cheap contract)

Team B: 1.04, 1.07, CJ Anderson (expensive/1 year deal but owner has Booker as a handcuff)

Skeletore Eh said:
Ppr

Dak

for

decker

torrey smith
Interesting. Before the season last year I traded Dak for Decker and thought I got a good deal. Then Decker got hurt and Dak looked great. I'd probably take a chance on the two WR's in this deal but it's pretty close and I could be pursuaded to go the other way without too much effort.

BroncosFan07 said:
16 team contract league.  0.5 PPR

Team A:  Odell Beckham Jr - (2 yrs remaining, cheap contract)

Team B: 1.04, 1.07, CJ Anderson (expensive/1 year deal but owner has Booker as a handcuff)
Yeah, no way I'd move Beckham for that.

Users who are viewing this thread