What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

He won't reach his ceiling.  But you still sold low.  
I think you’re probably right, but I know I’m not getting anything better and a year from now his value could plummet.  With all the IDP that gets reached for in our drafts, a lot of the top offensive talent slides into the late 2nd or even 3rd.

I think you’re probably right, but I know I’m not getting anything better and a year from now his value could plummet.  With all the IDP that gets reached for in our drafts, a lot of the top offensive talent slides into the late 2nd or even 3rd.
After Landry signs elsewhere I think you could have done better - but I'm not a Parker fan either.

I think his value would be the same as today in that case - Everything I have read seems to indicate Landry hits the market though. I don't see him coming back - obviously we don't know.
Right, was referring more to this trade.  You said I could get more if I waited til Landry signed elsewhere.  

clearing FFPC roster space

team 1 sold E Sanders for 2019 2nd

team 2 sold C Brate for 2019 4th
if the 2nd ismid to late, its a wash for me, if early, then I like that side

I feel like Brate is likely to be worth a roster spot more than that 4th would be, or any perceived trade value it has

12 team PPR, start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2F, 1K, 1D

Team A gave up Gallman, Wayne NYG RB and Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.04
Team B gave up Thielen, Adam MIN WR and Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.10

My team is not involved in the trade
gimme the 1.04, by a fair margin, even if you dont use it, by the time draft fever sets in fully itll be worth a lot

Spike said:
Not involved.

Zealots Field PPR league.

Antonio Brown

for

Kareem Hunt, the 2018 2.08 and a 2019 #3
I feel like that is very light for AB, but it might be time to start selling

Do your thoughts change if Jarvis stays?  I think he stays.  
I think Jarvis leaves and at a minimum Parker's perceived value will increase because Landry is such a target monster without adding benefit of stretching the field or commanding attention of top CB's. How much he takes advantage of this is another matter but I think on paper it's a big plus for him if Landry leaves.

thriftyrocker said:
Bills have to draft a RB early this year. They have no one behind McCoy.
We might define early different but I think they can wait till round 3/4 area at least and still have high quality RB's to choose from.

10 team PPR Dynasty

Chris Godwin and 1.09 rookie draft pick

For

Sammy Watkins
I'm not necessarily a Watkins buyer, but at this price, yes please. 

Woke up this morning and saw this offer in my inbox for an FFPC league

I get:  1.10, 4.09

I give:  2.04, 2.09
I'll take the move up, pretty reasonable offer but the 4.9 does not need to come back your way. 

TheBottomLine said:
10-team PPR with deep IDP (start 11 defensive players)

Gave Devante Parker

Got 2.09 (Pick 19 overall)

Extremely deep at WR and taking a chance that Parker never reaches his ceiling. 
I'd pay somewhere between 2.2-2.4 for Parker in a 12-team PPR without IDP, so assuming there are some IDPs mixed in to the top 18, making this reasonable. 

Spike said:
Zealots Field PPR league.

Antonio Brown for Kareem Hunt, the 2018 2.08 and a 2019 #3
Trade could work for both, but I would take Hunt. 

12 team PPR, start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2F, 1K, 1D

Team A gave up Gallman, Wayne NYG RB and Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.04
Team B gave up Thielen, Adam MIN WR and Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.10
1.4 by a mile. 

clearing FFPC roster space

team 1 sold E Sanders for 2019 2nd

team 2 sold C Brate for 2019 4th
2nd, 4th

Evans side by a lot
Agree, that trade is not remotely close. 

T10 team PPR Dynasty

Chris Godwin and 1.09 rookie draft pick

For

Sammy Watkins
Not a believer in Sammy but in a 10 team I'd much rather have him and hope he starts out good so I can trade him for something probably much better then the 1.9

Gave: Chris Carson, Corey Clement

Get: 2.4, 2.8
I like Carson but there are a bunch of questions about him. I think it's a very fair and good deal for both teams. Not sure which side I would pick since clement does also have some good value as a important handcuff to a RB with iffy knees

12 team PPR

Team A got A Robinson

Team B got Alshon Jeffrey, Duke Johnson
I'll go with Jeffrey and Duke...Jeffrey is on an excellent offense and I would not be surprised to see his numbers go up in year 2...Duke is gonna be one of those guy's who's not exciting in the offseason but during the season when injuries and bye-weeks happen you'll be happy you have him...

I'll go with Jeffrey and Duke...Jeffrey is on an excellent offense and I would not be surprised to see his numbers go up in year 2...Duke is gonna be one of those guy's who's not exciting in the offseason but during the season when injuries and bye-weeks happen you'll be happy you have him...
Completely agree with you on this.  Was ARob picked up by the Patriots and I missed it?

Ehh, Alshon was on an excellent offense LAST year. I know you said you "would not be surprised" if his numbers go up in year 2, but if you're making this trade then you damn well be certain they are going up in year 2. 57/789/9 are numbers that I expect a healthy Robinson to easily surpass in just about any offense. As for Duke... bleh. What was the difference between last year and his first two years? Answer: he got a few lucky TDs last year. Don't expect lightning to strike twice. And if the Browns draft Barkley, it's lights out for Duke. 

So while we don't know where Robinson will go, I'll take youth (3.5 years younger than Alshon) and upside over Alshon and a roster clogger. If Robinson ends up in SF, his value is going to skyrocket. 

Completely agree with you on this.  Was ARob picked up by the Patriots and I missed it?
I know this is a (worn out) joke, but the Patriots have a log jam at WR. However, there are quite a few locations where Robinson could thrive if he isn't tagged. And this is dynasty, so it's not exactly a death knell for his career if he's tagged and has to spend one more year in JAX. Maybe they upgrade their QB.

Until cj anderson gets cut and signed by Miami  :unsure:
This. I'm clearly in the minority, but I do not expect Drake to be starting this coming season and I agree CJA is a real possibility there. Adam Gase already signed him once...

So while I feel like the majority of people value Drake more than that trade, if that trade was all I could get for him, I'd probably take it. If Miami signs CJA or drafts a top 5 rookie RB, you'd be lucky to find someone willing to give you the 1.07 for Drake + 1.12. The only people who would still expect him to start at that point would be his current owners...

On the flip side, if they don't bring anyone substantial in, Drake's value is about the 1.04.  And Drake > Anderson.
I know drake lit it up late, but cj was in the top 10 in rushing yds last year (albeit in 16 games avg 62 yds a game). He averaged 4.1 ypc, and if he were to sign in Miami I think it would be a 50/50 split. 

On the flip side, if they don't bring anyone substantial in, Drake's value is about the 1.04.  And Drake > Anderson.
This x 10. I guess people still don't believe in Drake when they feel CJA beats out Drake. Personally feel Gase signing CJA would be terrific for Drake's ability to hold on to the lead role in a two-back system. Maybe I am missing something but I get excited watching this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_16MHqR3Ss 

I know drake lit it up late, but cj was in the top 10 in rushing yds last year (albeit in 16 games avg 62 yds a game). He averaged 4.1 ypc, and if he were to sign in Miami I think it would be a 50/50 split. 
CJ was a fine 2-down grinder last year.  While the sample size was small, and came at the end of the year, Drake was much more than that.  Maybe Drake can't hold up to the touches and will be a committee guy.  But I'll take that gamble as the ceiling is so high.  And even in a 50/50 split, Drake has value and will outproduce Anderson in PPR leagues.

Don’t think you’re getting anything near the 1.04 even if Miami cuts every other RB on the team and goes into the season with nobody but Drake.
You're taking RoJo or Chubb over a starting Drake?

Edit: I own the 1.04 in one league and would take Drake if starting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ehh, Alshon was on an excellent offense LAST year. I know you said you "would not be surprised" if his numbers go up in year 2, but if you're making this trade then you damn well be certain they are going up in year 2. 57/789/9 are numbers that I expect a healthy Robinson to easily surpass in just about any offense. As for Duke... bleh. What was the difference between last year and his first two years? Answer: he got a few lucky TDs last year. Don't expect lightning to strike twice. And if the Browns draft Barkley, it's lights out for Duke. 

So while we don't know where Robinson will go, I'll take youth (3.5 years younger than Alshon) and upside over Alshon and a roster clogger. If Robinson ends up in SF, his value is going to skyrocket. 

I know this is a (worn out) joke, but the Patriots have a log jam at WR. However, there are quite a few locations where Robinson could thrive if he isn't tagged. And this is dynasty, so it's not exactly a death knell for his career if he's tagged and has to spend one more year in JAX. Maybe they upgrade their QB.

This. I'm clearly in the minority, but I do not expect Drake to be starting this coming season and I agree CJA is a real possibility there. Adam Gase already signed him once...

So while I feel like the majority of people value Drake more than that trade, if that trade was all I could get for him, I'd probably take it. If Miami signs CJA or drafts a top 5 rookie RB, you'd be lucky to find someone willing to give you the 1.07 for Drake + 1.12. The only people who would still expect him to start at that point would be his current owners...
Just a head's up that in Robinson's last healthy season he posted 73-883-6 numbers in an offense that he had been in for 2 years prior and was that before he blew out his ACL...so you are certain his #'s will go up and Jeffrey's #'s won't (who Philly just made a nice $ commitment to)?  I usually don't refer to a 24 year old who just had 74 receptions as a roster clogger...he is not a stud but he is definitely a useful RB...

Duke was RB17 in PPR last year.  I'd easily take Alshon/Duke over ARob in that format.

2-down grinder
This is kind of a lazy stereotype for a guy built like CJA (not picking on you; I think a lot of people view him this way). Sure, he didn't get a ton of targets, but the team liked Booker who hasn't showed much as a runner, so Booker got some of those snaps. But when given the opportunity, CJA has show well as a receiver. But even more importantly, he's solid in pass pro:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/25/16932080/cj-anderson-grade-2017

According to Pro Football Focus, Anderson was the sixth best running back in the entire NFL with an overall grade of 85.9. His grade when carrying the football was fairly close to his overall grade at 85.5, but more impressively is that he finished second in the NFL in pass blocking for running back with an 83.0 grade.

Anderson’s elusive ranking ranked 11th, while his pass blocking efficiency was the best in the NFL by a wide margin. PFF’s “Pass Blocking Efficiency” rating for Anderson was 97.4, a full two points above the second best running back on the list.
Couldn't find a nice 2017 highlight reel for him, but here's some clips from a single 2017 game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSKdXwAnL_o

I know he's 3 years older than Drake and isn't a shiny new toy, but the guy has career averages 4.4 ypc and 8.3 ypr. His pass protection and ball protection may not be valued in the fantasy community, but NFL coaches value it. 

I'm not trying to tell people to go out and grab CJA. I'm just trying to point out why he might overtake a guy like Drake. He's got skills coaches appreciate and Adam Gase is a known CJA fan, having already tried to sign him away from Denver 2 years ago.

Drake is an interesting case.  I had an offer of an early 2nd for him last year before Damien Williams got hurt.  I started looking into him a lot and the thing that really stuck out to me was that I could not find a single scouting report, not one, that even hinted at him ever being a feature back.  Every single one started with the assumption that "obviously his ceiling is a receiving back".

It's odd to me because he has enough size to be a lead back.  Then, at the time, Gase was forcing Williams into the lead role even though Drake was outperforming him handily.

Obviously then Williams got hurt and Gase's hand was finally forced and Drake looked good as the feature back.  I wonder if when given a reset though and an opportunity to move Drake back into the role he preferred him in, he will take it.  I just can't grasp what it is about Drake that makes everyone in the NFL assume he's only a committee back when he has enough size to be a feature back.

This is kind of a lazy stereotype for a guy built like CJA (not picking on you; I think a lot of people view him this way). Sure, he didn't get a ton of targets, but the team liked Booker who hasn't showed much as a runner, so Booker got some of those snaps. But when given the opportunity, CJA has show well as a receiver. But even more importantly, he's solid in pass pro:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2018/1/25/16932080/cj-anderson-grade-2017

Couldn't find a nice 2017 highlight reel for him, but here's some clips from a single 2017 game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSKdXwAnL_o

I know he's 3 years older than Drake and isn't a shiny new toy, but the guy has career averages 4.4 ypc and 8.3 ypr. His pass protection and ball protection may not be valued in the fantasy community, but NFL coaches value it. 

I'm not trying to tell people to go out and grab CJA. I'm just trying to point out why he might overtake a guy like Drake. He's got skills coaches appreciate and Adam Gase is a known CJA fan, having already tried to sign him away from Denver 2 years ago.
He gets 2.5 targets a game.  He's not putting Drake on the bench on passing downs.  I'm sorry, but he's a 2 down back.

Just a head's up that in Robinson's last healthy season he posted 73-883-6 numbers in an offense that he had been in for 2 years prior and was that before he blew out his ACL...so you are certain his #'s will go up and Jeffrey's #'s won't (who Philly just made a nice $ commitment to)?  I usually don't refer to a 24 year old who just had 74 receptions as a roster clogger...he is not a stud but he is definitely a useful RB...
Robinson's offense was a total CF the year he posted those numbers, while Philly was a well oiled machine when Alshon posted his. I think the odds are against Robinson finding a worse passing offense than 2016 JAX while I doubt Philly sees anything more than an incremental increase in offensive efficiency in 2018 (if not a regression).

Furthermore, in 14 games with Ertz, Alshon averaged: 7 targets, 3.3 rec, 47 yards, 0.4 TDs. In two games without Ertz, Alshon averaged 11 targets, 5.5 rec, 68 yards, and 1.5 TDs. So if Ertz stays healthy next year, Alshon's numbers could actually slide backwards.

That's how roster cloggers clog rosters. They have one fluke year and a touch of youth so they hang around on your roster for years without ever repeating that one year again. Duke was the 3rd down back on an 0-16 team. I'm going to guess that no team played from behind for longer than Cleveland. He also somehow scored 7 TDs on 156 touches. You want to bet on lightning striking twice? Duke is a clear cut "sell high" candidate. 

Duke was RB17 in PPR last year.  I'd easily take Alshon/Duke over ARob in that format.
Last year's points don't help me this year ;)   Also, see above.

He gets 2.5 targets a game.  He's not putting Drake on the bench on passing downs.  I'm sorry, but he's a 2 down back.
In Gase's last season with Denver, once CJA took over, he had 30 receptions for 290 yards and 2 TDs in his last 8 games. You might think he's a 2 down back, but if he signs with Miami, all that matters is what Adam Gase and his OC think. 

Also, you're missing the point if you think targets per game are what makes a passing down back a passing down back. His routes, hands, and pass blocking all factor in when he moves to a new team. Doesn't matter how many targets the previous team gave him.

At some point someone is going to have to explain to me why Alshon has somehow seen a value increase after a terrible season on a great offense that will likely regress.  He just put up a worse season than Dez Bryant and is only one year younger and the consensus value of the two could not be further apart.

I guess he improved in the playoffs but that was with Foles as QB and no Ertz on the field, both things that will not be the case next year.  And even with those while he was "improved" he still wasn't great.

More than five catches only twice in 19 games.  Over 100 yards zero times in 19 games.  WR25 in PPG.  All on an offense that was firing on all cylinders barring a short stretch after the QB change?

Users who are viewing this thread