What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

buck naked said:
FFPC TE-premium league

Gave:  C. Kupp, D. Njoku, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd (picks will be late)

Received: A. Thielen, H. Henry

I already have G. Olsen & T. Burton so putting Henry on IR for a year is ok.
I’m a huge fan of Njoku, believe he will be un-acquirable this time next season. I’ll take Njoku, Cupp and picks side. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a giant one happen in a league I run, not involved:

2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr 10 team - 25 total roster spots

Team A got:  Kamara, D. Baldwin, TY Hilton

Team B got:  1.07, 2.01, 2019 1st (likely top5), 2019 1st (likely mid), 2020 1st (I hate projecting 2 years away so I refuse to speculate ha)

Team A is a new owner to the league in a revolving door of owners for that team.  It's in god awful condition but it's a friends league with no money.  It's also the only team we've replaced over the 5 years since I created it.  

Had a giant one happen in a league I run, not involved:

2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr 10 team - 25 total roster spots

Team A got:  Kamara, D. Baldwin, TY Hilton

Team B got:  1.07, 2.01, 2019 1st (likely top5), 2019 1st (likely mid), 2020 1st (I hate projecting 2 years away so I refuse to speculate ha)

Team A is a new owner to the league in a revolving door of owners for that team.  It's in god awful condition but it's a friends league with no money.  It's also the only team we've replaced over the 5 years since I created it.  
Kamara.  That’s pretty bad

Apparently it isn't just people on here that make bad trades.  Even "experts" make bad trades apparently.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-mailbag-making-trades-fun-in-dynasty-leagues-rookie-drafts/

We're finishing up the draft for our CBS Sports office dynasty league, and I tried to be proactive in making trades to improve my roster. That's the fun of formats like this is running a franchise and constantly tweaking your team.

It's a 14-team league with IDP options, and we have 28 players on our roster. I had the No. 14 pick since I won the league last year, but there was plenty of room for improvement heading into this season. With that in mind, I made four trades during the draft.

The first trade I made was to acquire Jerick McKinnon, who I consider a breakout candidate with his move to San Francisco.

I was able to get McKinnon for Chris Carson and picks 2.14 and 3.14 in this year's draft. I also got pick 4.2 back in return, and I was pretty psyched about this deal given McKinnon's upside.

16 team IDP 1.5 TE PPR

Hollins, Mack PHI WR
Willis, Jordan CIN DE
Edmunds, Tremaine BUF LB
Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.13

For

Robinson, Allen CHI WR
Jones, Josh GBP S

Hopefully those defenders are scoring machines.
Edmunds should be a good scorer but he was the 13th pick so the trade was basically Robinson for the 13th pick of the rookie draft.

Seems like Robinson should be able to fetch more than that.

12 Team PPR

Team A Received: Derrius Guice, Matt Ryan, 2019 1st

Team B Received: Jerick McKinnon, Baker Mayfield

Team A Received: Alex Collins, 2019 2nd, 2019 3rd

Team B Received: Kenyan Drake
Guice alone is a far superior asset, the 1st is on the wrong side. 

I like Drake’s upside substantially more than Collins, good deal for Drake. 

12 team ppr (not involved)

team A gets

2018 picks 13,17,26,27,38

team B gets

Chris Carson, Ryan grant, J Stew, Mike Davis, Ted Ginn

This is a league I commish in, I have never been inclined to overturn a trade before now, pretty sure this only happened because the team giving up all the picks cannot make our live rookie draft that has been scheduled several weeks. It was his birthday yesterday and the trade was made around midnight. Wondering if he was just drunk. Trying to communicate with team a's owner to see exactly what the circumstances were. Either way, smh thats just awful
Not even in the zip code of veto.  Bad, sure, but you have to let owners run their teams and you can't just protect one owner against himself unless you're going to do it for all of them - and who wants to play in THAT league?

Kamara.  That’s pretty bad
How so?  I think if you actually break it down to where the picks fall, it's relatively even.  To use the 1.01 as an example, in most drafts (maybe even in this one) some might prefer Kamara > 1.01 or at least view it as close.  If you check the price for Barkley, he's going for way more and it's only him, while this is 2 solid starters, plus a stud RB. 

Which makes it break down like this, at least in my mind.

1.07, 2019 1st (likely top5) and 2.01 for Kamara.  I think that's a reasonable breakdown and maybe even light.  

and 2 future 1sts spaced out in years for Baldwin and Hilton.  I fail to see how it's bad.  

12 tm PPR

Gave: DT

Got: 2019 1st (if I had to guess, non playoff team), Gesicki

It leaves me weak at WR (Allen, Crabtree, Golladay, Kirk, DJax and not much else, and we have to start 3) but couldn't pass this up...

12 tm PPR

It leaves me weak at WR (Allen, Crabtree, Golladay, Kirk, DJax and not much else, and we have to start 3) but couldn't pass this up...
Seem DT traded for way less here is 1 trade from 1 of my leagues

Traded 2018 Draft Pick 3.01
Traded 2018 Draft Pick 2.11 
Received Thomas, Demaryius DEN (WR) 

Last edited by a moderator:
12 tm PPR

That’s a free 2019 first. Or a free Gesicki.

Zyphros said:
How so?  I think if you actually break it down to where the picks fall, it's relatively even.  To use the 1.01 as an example, in most drafts (maybe even in this one) some might prefer Kamara > 1.01 or at least view it as close.  If you check the price for Barkley, he's going for way more and it's only him, while this is 2 solid starters, plus a stud RB. 

Which makes it break down like this, at least in my mind.

1.07, 2019 1st (likely top5) and 2.01 for Kamara.  I think that's a reasonable breakdown and maybe even light.  

and 2 future 1sts spaced out in years for Baldwin and Hilton.  I fail to see how it's bad.  
He's probably saying that it is a bad trade with the Kamara side winning by a wide margin.

Not even in the zip code of veto.  Bad, sure, but you have to let owners run their teams and you can't just protect one owner against himself unless you're going to do it for all of them - and who wants to play in THAT league?
On the flip side, who wants to play in a league where it's basically just a race to trade rape the 1-2 bad owners?

That trade was awful and Pwingles was right to ponder vetoing it, but none of them were impact picks so I'd probably just scold the owner trading away the picks and move on.

12 team te prem ppr

team a gets

Alex Collins, 2018 29th pick

team b gets

graham, rico gathers
What is the TE premium? 3 ppr? This is bad. People get so drawn in by TE premium, how many more points does Graham get next year if it is just a typical 1.5 premium? An extra 25 points would be my guess, so less than 2 ppg. That is not enough to give him a valuation equal to a guy who is a starting RB and with low RB1 potential

Two trades while otc

12 team 0.5 ppr start 2-3 rb and 2-3 wr

1.11 (took Gallup)

for

2.1, Corey Clement, Ed Dickson

then

2.1 (took Rosen)

for

Jimmy Garoppolo

What is the TE premium? 3 ppr? This is bad. People get so drawn in by TE premium, how many more points does Graham get next year if it is just a typical 1.5 premium? An extra 25 points would be my guess, so less than 2 ppg. That is not enough to give him a valuation equal to a guy who is a starting RB and with low RB1 potential
But Alex Collins sucks?

From week 6 on, Collins scored 13.5 PPG. In 1.5 PPR, Jimmy scored 12.5 PPG. If you think GB is a better situation for Jimmy, it’s easy enough to see him outscoring Collins.

Two trades while otc

12 team 0.5 ppr start 2-3 rb and 2-3 wr

1.11 (took Gallup)

for

2.1, Corey Clement, Ed Dickson

then

2.1 (took Rosen)

for

Jimmy Garoppolo
On the first trade there are players I might have traded up from 13 to 11 to get, Gallup is not one of them.

Jimmy G over Rosen all day on the second one but both seem a bit rich for 2.1.

But Alex Collins sucks?
You’re right. The 23 year old RB who missed 1 game last season because he was still on the practice squad, only started for 12 games, and had still 973/6 on the ground on an offense that ranked 27th in total yards sucks. Seems like a well thought out point of view.

As for Graham, he was 4th on the team in yards behind Baldwin (expected), Richardson (surprising), and Lockett (embarrassing). He is a TD threat, no doubt about it, but GB has superior talents at WR and RB for pass catching. Jimmy will likely only be a TD guy. TE premium really amps up the value of the elite TEs, Graham is no longer one of those in terms of his production. I could see him posting the exact same line this season, maybe 100 more yards max. I’d rather have the RB due to positional scarcity rather than TEs made artificially scarce by scoring settings that don’t actually increase most of their values that much

There’s always people who think the rules don’t apply to them or that it’s ok to break them because they need something. Hopefully nobody engages him until he posts in the appropriate place
Think he’s a newbie so he’s gets a one time pass but maybe that one word can make a difference 

There’s always people who think the rules don’t apply to them or that it’s ok to break them because they need something. Hopefully nobody engages him until he posts in the appropriate place
The guy has two posts on FBG. Maybe before we crap all over him for breaking the rules we could point him to the correct thread and see if he apologizes and learns a lesson?

12 team PPR, just completed rookie draft

Team A (drafted Penny) gave Perine
Team B (drafted Guice) gave Carson

Nothing earth shattering here, but convenient that the two teams that drafted Penny and Guice had the opposite handcuff, which made for an easy trade. 

Nothing earth shattering here, but convenient that the two teams that drafted Penny and Guice had the opposite handcuff, which made for an easy trade. 
I don't put an overly high value on either but if I owned Guice  I would not give up Carson to get Perine.

12 Team PPR:

Team A Gave: Cobb, 2019 3 (Late)

Team B Gave: 2019 2 (Early) 
Hey, looky here.  It's always fun to see one of your deals here.  

Based on ADP or community value, Cobb and the 3rd should be the winner.  I was the guy moving Cobb and, even though I felt that I was giving up the greater perceived value, it was a good opportunity for me to exit from Cobb and start looking at other assets.  While probably not the best value in return for Cobb, it was a solid enough return for me to move on from him.

Kind of a meh trade, 12 team te prem ppr

Sent Tyrell Williams

Got pick 27
Weighing in the Henry injury and Mike Williams’ underwhelming rookie year, I’ll take Tyrell and the shot at another 1k season and then free agency value boost if the stars align 

I don't put an overly high value on either but if I owned Guice  I would not give up Carson to get Perine.
Agreed. I am Team A.

Weighing in the Henry injury and Mike Williams’ underwhelming rookie year, I’ll take Tyrell and the shot at another 1k season and then free agency value boost if the stars align 
Yeah, thats the gamble im taking. I currently own M Williams, and can afford to hold. Tyrell was not a starter for me and i wanted to divest from the chargers passing game consisting of players not named allen, williams, henry or gordon. It may have been a little light for some value wise. According to DLF tyrell is the 73rd WR, pick 27 is something in the range of;

Ballage, Callaway, Hurst, Hines, and qbs

Im not personally high on Callaway because he is an idiot, but talent wise I think 1 or 2 of those 4 will be worth more than Williams next year, so all in all I think its not terrible

Users who are viewing this thread