What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (36 Viewers)

16 team IDP 1.5 TE league (2 tackle, 1 assist, 4 sack)

Amari Cooper, Clay "I broke my nose playing softball" Matthews, 2019 1st (Team was 1.4 this year), 2019 5th

For

Kerryon "my wayward son" Johnson, Brandon (actually my name is spelled Brandin) Cooks
Fixed your post.  :D

12 team, non-PPR, keep 13. 

Gave 2.04,2019 4th

Got Cobb WR GB, Jones RB GB, Montgomery RB GB, 2019 3rd

I’m not in love with any of the players I got (I didn’t make the offer) but I have to believe the value of Cobb and Jones > my 2.04. 

12 team, non-PPR, keep 13. 

Gave 2.04,2019 4th

Got Cobb WR GB, Jones RB GB, Montgomery RB GB, 2019 3rd

I’m not in love with any of the players I got (I didn’t make the offer) but I have to believe the value of Cobb and Jones > my 2.04. 
Great return for you

20 team PPR TE 1.25 bestball 11 starters 1Q 1-3RB 3-5WR 1-3TE K D 2 copies of each player 3rd year of a 5th year jackpot and then disband.

Each year bottom two finishers are eliminated and their rosters MADE AVAILABLE DURING ROOKIE/FA DRAFT. We started with 24 teams. Players available include Evans, Juju, Mike Williams, D Thomas, Tate, Godwin, Parker, Cobb, Lockett, Dez, Dalvin Cook, Mixon, McCaffery, McKinnon, Ajayi. Some good QBs and TEs, too. 

I gave Kareem Hunt, Doug Baldwin

I got Amari Cooper, Trent Taylor, 1.17, 2.17

So that 1.17 should be something similar to 1.4 or 1.5. The top vets won't be there but one of the top 6 RBs will. I think 2.17 should yield a Cobb/Olsen/Tate level vet or maybe Kerryon Johnson/Freeman if I get lucky. There will be a ton of vets picked. I own the 1.04/2.04/3.04 as well. I'm basically loaded everywhere except RB, which I plan to change during this draft. It will be hard not to take Juju if he is there at 1.04. I already have the other copy of Evans. Also trying to move to 1.01/1.02 to get Barkley if possible.
Here are a few more trades from this crazy league. I was involved in a couple of these.

Cooper for Hilton/ H Henry (prior to injury)

Allison for 5.13

Evans/3.04 for 1.10/2.10/6.10/7.10

Garrapolo/5.04 for M Lynch/3.16/Foles

Goff/2.04 for Drake/3.02/Eli

1.02 for Ebron/1.03

Russell Wilson/Graham for Goff/2.08

Frame of reference for this elimination league above, Juju went at something like 3.12 and 3.17 last year. When the rounds went to 22. This year they only go to 20. I expect the main rookie WRs will be available throughout the 3rd here.

The Evans trade above is probably light for me, but I am confident he will be there at 1.04 and I can get the 2nd copy back. If not I'll be happy with Cook/Mixon/Juju there. 1.10 should yield Guice/Penny/McKinnon/Chubb and 2.10 will be perhaps Kerryon/Freeman/Godwin/M Williams/DJ Moore maybe. So if I get Evans back then that trade would be like moving back from 1.04 to 1.10 and moving up from 3.04 to 2.10. Plus the added later picks could hit something. IDK. I could probably have got more for Evans but this way I might get him back and get an extra starting RB. If I don't get him back I'm ok.

12 team ppr, not involved

Team A gets

Cooks, Doyle, jaleel scott

Team B gets

Crowder, Albert Wilson, Gerald Everett

Randall Cobb is only 27 years old yet. 
Williams could explode this year without Henry.

Idk if I'd say it's a dumb trade. Don't get me wrong, I prefer a particular side of that deal definitely 

Cobb had one good season four years ago (another, six). He's been literally and figuratively limping along since then. 

I guess I'd just much rather gamble on the young guy's upside than settle for the vet's seemingly guaranteed mediocrity.

djb916420 said:
12 Team PPR Dynasty 

Robert Woods/ 2019 3rd round rookie 

for 

DeVante Parker 
I'd take Parker if that was a 2019 second, so easily Parker.

djb916420 said:
12 Team PPR Dynasty 

Jerick McKinnon/Jack Doyle 

for 

2019 First Round Pick (early-mid) 
McKinnon alone over future possible mid first, the solid backup TE is extra bonus.

12 team PPR, start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2F, 1K, 1DST

Gave RB Mixon and TE Everett

Got RB Chubb and WR Cobb
I'd take Cobb over Everett and I think own more shares of Everett than any other player in the league, not feeling so sure about that investment, but that's the small part of this deal of course. For me I would not give Mixon up for two Chubb's, that is both a reflection of how I feel about Mixon and Chubb so I know Chubb has his supporters here but for me I strongly prefer the Mixon side on this deal.

12 team, standard scoring, salary cap, start 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1F, 1K, 1DST

Give:  Ryan, Godwin, Landry, 1.02, 1.11
Get:    Luck, Freeman, Evans, 3.10

Team that is getting is looking for RB stability.

I'd take Parker if that was a 2019 second, so easily Parker.

McKinnon alone over future possible mid first, the solid backup TE is extra bonus.

I'd take Cobb over Everett and I think own more shares of Everett than any other player in the league, not feeling so sure about that investment, but that's the small part of this deal of course. For me I would not give Mixon up for two Chubb's, that is both a reflection of how I feel about Mixon and Chubb so I know Chubb has his supporters here but for me I strongly prefer the Mixon side on this deal.
On Everett- you’ve been at this long enough to know tes take some time to develop. You can’t be discouraged already, right? Is there something in particular that makes you worry or just getting impatient? 

Dr. Dan said:
orphaned team with big holes at rb and te, not too deep at wr. qb is stafford and Mariota. I owned 1.1.

1.6 was Chubb. wasn't too excited about that. I know opinions vary heavily on him- some have him top 3 some have him outside of the top 5. 

1.6 and 2.8 for 1.8 and 2.2 (gallup)

1.8 for 1.11 (Sutton) and 2.11. I didn't want DJ Moore at all. I didn't want a guy 4th in the pecking order and having to depend on can newton. I seriously thought about taking kirk at 1.8. he was taken 1.10. happy with sutton as I don't need him this year regardless. I love big wrs. 
What's wrong with Chubb and Moore? I liked what you got for OBJ/Watkins/Gio, but I didn't like what you ended up with for your 1.06/2.08. The earlier trade (getting 1.08 and 2.02) wasn't bad in a vacuum (not usually a huge drop in talent from 1.06 to 1.08), but Chubb at 1.06 is a steal. The drop in talent, IMO, from 1.08 to 1.11 is usually huge. And in this case Moore>>Sutton to me and 2.11 holds very little value. Then again, I wasn't a JuJu fan and his value skyrocketed in just one year, so if I'm wrong about Sutton and Moore then you just turned that orphan team into a competitive team very quickly. It helps having OBJ and the 1.01, 1.02, and 1.06 in a stacked class!

But I really am curious what you don't like about Chubb and Moore.

12 team PPR, start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 2F, 1K, 1DST

Gave RB Mixon and TE Everett

Got RB Chubb and WR Cobb
It was not an easy decision to give up Mixon. I am partners on this team with @Bruce Hammond. His most recent FBG dynasty rankings rank these players as follows:

• Mixon RB13
  • Chubb RB16
  • Cobb WR31
  • Everett TE20
He is actually higher than consensus on all of the players involved. We have had this team for years and it is strong at QB, RB (Mixon was 3rd or 4th best RB), and TE (Everett was 3rd best TE, despite Bruce's high ranking), and weak at WR (Cobb will be 2nd best WR). So roster makeup/need definitely influenced the decision. Maybe it shouldn't have...

Last edited by a moderator:
On Everett- you’ve been at this long enough to know tes take some time to develop. You can’t be discouraged already, right? Is there something in particular that makes you worry or just getting impatient? 
You raise a good point and something I've been critical of for a lot of people which is never invest in a rookie TE and then not see your investment through at least another year. In my case I have not cut him in a league, took him with picks in the 2.4-3.1 range(FFPC format). So I've not cut him, likely continue to roster him for at least start of the season, but yes I'm a little discouraged this investment will work out and here is why:

1.Opportunity. When I drafted him last May you had a pass catching group where Woods was paid and looked like a shaky  #1 and you had a third round rookie as your likely slot and not a lot else, Gurley(my second most owned dynasty player) coming off a bad year and to date not used often in the passing game. Now a year later you got Cooks as your likely #1 WR, Kupp looks like real deal and Woods now looks like a rock solid #2/#3 and add to that Gurley's role in passing game took off. Some good news in last year in that Goff evolved and McVay looks like a genius. But this time last year I see Everett as McVays first ever draft pick, talent poor pass catching group and HC who worked with Reed for years and a lot of those things just don't look as promising right now.

2. Rams tried to sign Eifert and it was close, from what I had read he gave Bengals a chance to match the offer. Might mean nothing but to me put a dent in my thinking to some degree that the I should be confident his role would grow a lot in year two, as it would seem they had doubts he was ready for his role to grow.

3.This is not as big of a deal but in light of the two things above it would have been encouraging to get some positive OTA news. I read OTA reports every day and it's Cooks this, Kupp this, etc, etc. News is just about nil. I know just yesterday McVay had good things to say about Higbee and Everett but I'm not reading about a lot of plays. Again this is not a major deal but would have been nice to see some kind of signs that he's turned the corner. I distinctly recall hearing about Gronk heading into this second off-season about he was unguardable(I got Gronk as late round 7 of a startup that year and as late as  round 9 in FFPC redrafts that year so this seems like a no brainer now but not so much at the time) and reading similar things on Ertz heading into his second or third season. Not hearing these things on Everett, again not a big deal but would have been encouraging to hear/read.

4. On field play from last year was not a negative to me, went about as I expected for a first year TE taking a big step up but one small issue and it goes back to what I viewed as his biggest negative coming into the league, his small hands. He was credited with 3 drops which on just 32 targets and 16 receptions did not alleviate those concerns.

12 team ppr with flex 

J. Howard, 3.10 (took Trequan Smith), 3.11 (took John Kelly), 2019 3rd

for

Cooper, Goedert (just taken with 3.6)

Need trade for both teams, team getting Howard still has 3 elite wr, team getting Cooper still has 2 elite rb and depth behind them

12 team 0.5 ppr

Cobb, Abdullah

for

2019 2nd + 4th

It's a 12x30 league but roster spot still a huge consideration. Wasn't going to start Cobb and won't be able to roster all my draft picks

Anyone have a take on this? I got the hill side but labored over the decision. 
Not to take the easy way out but it really depends on how you feel about each player and especially Jamaal Williams...I think both Thomas and Hill are Dynasty studs so there is not much downside for either side here...I do like Thomas better but I am very biased because I have had him for 2 years and he has done nothing but produce...ultimately I would not do this deal because I am not high on Williams...I would need a RB with less downside to get me to move Thomas...while there is definite upside with Williams there is the potential he doesn't even start this year...that makes me real nervous when moving a Dynasty asset like Thomas...

Anyone have a take on this? I got the hill side but labored over the decision. 
I like both WR's a ton. I personally have a hard time deciding which one of them I like the most so for me getting Williams, who to me at least has mid to late second round value, does sway me to preferring your side. Now most people probably have Thomas over Hill a little so I'm guessing for most people it depends how much they like Williams.

Thanks guys. I have both WRs ranked about the same, but thomas’ future at qb does worry me. I also am a little bullish on Williams, and had a need at rb. While he didn’t have the best ypc last year I thought he looked the part. 

I like the Hill side. I don't have (enough) faith in a post Brees future for Thomas. I also think J Williams *could* win FF championships this year. 
This is my take as well. I'm not a big Hill or Thomas fan, but in theory Hill should be more QB-proof than Thomas and they both have change coming (Hill sooner than Thomas, though). So the bonus of the underrated Williams make this a pretty appealing trade.

This is my take as well. I'm not a big Hill or Thomas fan, but in theory Hill should be more QB-proof than Thomas and they both have change coming (Hill sooner than Thomas, though). So the bonus of the underrated Williams make this a pretty appealing trade.
Why? Hill just went from a highly accurate quarterback who had a great season to a second year guy and his team just paid wr1 money to someone else.  He's about the opposite of safe in my eyes - a high risk, high reward guy - and that's not even taking the off field stuff into account. I think he's highly overrated right now. 

That said, I like Williams a lot, and I think hill has a ton of trade value to people who feel like you do, so before I rejected that trade I'd be shopping hill around for guys I like better.  If I could move Thomas before brees retires, get Williams cheaply, and still get a receiver I value highly, it would be really tempting. 

12 team .5 ppr, QRRWWTFFD

Gave: Alex Collins, Trey Burton

got: Derrick Henry, LaQuon Treadwell
This is one of those deals you look at years from now and wonder how did this guy get Derrick Henry and then you see the names and you're like, who? 

Henry is an elite talent.  He might not get rb1 numbers this year but he's the kind of guy you'll still be playing at age 29. Collins is the guy who might start this year in Baltimore.  Burton has never even been a starter.  It's very possible that neither of them even has one fantasy relevant season left. 

Users who are viewing this thread