What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

ghostguy123 said:
How bout the one last year giving up what ended up being pick 10 for what ended up being pick 2
I like to focus on the negative and not the positive..................also that was as completely different kind of trade that wasn't a I am more of a man then you I will offer you my 1st for yours!  Ours was a straight deal swap 1st because we knew we would be better team so we threw in a player.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Cook a LOT but there's no way he's worth Rodgers...let alone another good player. :eek:
Huh ?  How is Cook not work Rodgers ?  You have this confused with triple starting QB's or something leagues ?

Cook is like an early round 2 startup and Rodgers is like a 4th or 5th rounder.

Sent:  1.12

Rec:  2019 1st (projected top 5)

ghostguy123 said:
Only time will tell.  In 2014 Beckham could been had at 12 last year in a league of mine, in 2015 David Johnson could been had in all my leagues there and in 2017 Hunt and Kamara could been had at 12 in a lot of my leagues.  Pick the right player and it's gold and may carry you into the playoffs as well it is just "projected top 5" no one really knows for sure.  

Huh ?  How is Cook not work Rodgers ?  You have this confused with triple starting QB's or something leagues ?

Well I play in 6pt/td leagues for all players. I would say it's closer if you do 4. But Rodgers has several years of potential #1 QB production left. Cook seems like an above average RB but Rodgers gives you a huge competitive advantage. He's the Gronk of QBs.

I don't see why their startup values matter unless specificaly stated in the trade, which this didnt.

Only time will tell.  In 2014 Beckham could been had at 12 last year in a league of mine, in 2015 David Johnson could been had in all my leagues there and in 2017 Hunt and Kamara could been had at 12 in a lot of my leagues.  Pick the right player and it's gold and may carry you into the playoffs as well it is just "projected top 5" no one really knows for sure.  
I like my chances when I can flip the higher 1st for a late 1st that year plus probably another future 1st.  

Cook went in 1st round of a couple startups I did earlier in the off season 

14 team PPR, superflex, TE premium and .25 points per carry

start 10 total so usually 2 QB and 8 others (atleast 1 of each)

contender gives: Hunter Henry and Tarik Cohen

rebuilder gives: eifert, Tevin Coleman, Devante Parker and Ben Watson 

contender had scrubs at TE (his only weakness) after Henry so either of those guys should start for him unless one of the others somehow produces

14 team PPR, superflex, TE premium and .25 points per carry

start 10 total so usually 2 QB and 8 others (atleast 1 of each)

contender gives: Hunter Henry and Tarik Cohen

rebuilder gives: eifert, Tevin Coleman, Devante Parker and Ben Watson 

contender had scrubs at TE (his only weakness) after Henry so either of those guys should start for him unless one of the others somehow produces
It seems like there should have been a much easier (and cheaper) way to get an injury plagued Eifert or a 36 year old Watson if he was desperate at TE. In all likelihood he gave away two very valuable assets and did not even solve his TE problem.

It seems like there should have been a much easier (and cheaper) way to get an injury plagued Eifert or a 36 year old Watson if he was desperate at TE. In all likelihood he gave away two very valuable assets and did not even solve his TE problem.
Exactly what i thought when i saw this  :rolleyes:

I’m sure Eifert was not the centerpeice of the trade for him. In this format (and all others) Coleman easily equals Henry if not > Henry (unless 2 PPR for TE which is unlikely). Parker/Eifert > Cohen. Not sure why any comments being made on Watson as he would have just been a throw in.

I’m sure Eifert was not the centerpeice of the trade for him. In this format (and all others) Coleman easily equals Henry if not > Henry (unless 2 PPR for TE which is unlikely). Parker/Eifert > Cohen. Not sure why any comments being made on Watson as he would have just been a throw in.
The guy who posted the trade said team did so because he needed help at TE - so that's why the comments pertained to the TEs.

I would heavily favor Hunter and Cohen over Coleman and Parker (but admittedly I was never a Parker fan so if some one wanted to say that alone was fair sobeit). I do like Coleman however but I see Cohen and Coleman as a virtual wash.

Looks like a nothing for nothing trade that went down - except maybe an undetermined '19 3rd round pick changed hands .  .  .  . :sleep:

If he officially gets a year I think you did good to get what you could but I'd have waited just in case he has a shot on an appeal, however slim.
I'll probably cut Stewart but his suspension (assuming there is one) has to be a minimum of a year. In FFPC he isn't eligible for IR and rosters are limited to 20 so any pick is better than the value he has left I think. Will anyone else sign this guy?? He isn't really elite so I'm not so sure.

The guy who posted the trade said team did so because he needed help at TE - so that's why the comments pertained to the TEs.

I would heavily favor Hunter and Cohen over Coleman and Parker (but admittedly I was never a Parker fan so if some one wanted to say that alone was fair sobeit). I do like Coleman however but I see Cohen and Coleman as a virtual wash.
He said TE was his only weakness and either guy should start for him. To me at least not the same as saying the trade was done primarily because he needed help there. Sure it sounds like he needed help there but Coleman was the most valuable piece in the deal imo. So while he gave away the best TE asset that assets value isn’t any greater than Coleman.

If it were just PPR I could see Cohen’s value approaching Coleman’s but factoring in 0.25 PPC should give Coleman a significant bump.

10 team PPR with 2 flex spots

Team C received Stefon Diggs, D. Freeman, 2019 first (projected mid-late)

Team D received Alvin Kamara, D. Funchess, 3.06

Team A received Keenan Allen

Team B received 1.04, 1.09, 2.01

Team B received Jimmy Garappolo and 2019 first (projected mid-late)

Team C received Aaron Rodgers 

He said TE was his only weakness and either guy should start for him. To me at least not the same as saying the trade was done primarily because he needed help there. Sure it sounds like he needed help there but Coleman was the most valuable piece in the deal imo. So while he gave away the best TE asset that assets value isn’t any greater than Coleman.

If it were just PPR I could see Cohen’s value approaching Coleman’s but factoring in 0.25 PPC should give Coleman a significant bump.

Yeah I know he definitely likes Coleman which I did too (was the one that traded him tho). I do see Henry as the best player in the deal tho and I've never liked Parker but was the best option in the dispersal draft at the time. I somewhat see Coleman vs Cohen more like Dr.O where they are fairly close. Coleman could gain a ton of value this offseason tho which is one reason I added him earlier this offseason. TE is 1.5 PPR and I agree neither of the ones I gave up are great but he had Jesse James, Ryan Griffin and Luke willison otherwise so while he may not of greatly improved he atleast got a somewhat better starter plus like jeaton said got a guy like Coleman that he really liked. 

All that said I'm very happy with the trade. I am a fan of cohens tho and think he can catch 60-70 balls every year for a long time now and I also didn't mind getting a potential top 3 dynasty TE for 3 guys (Parker and the TEs) that wouldn't have really had a ton of value for me this year

Traded:

2018 1.12 rookie pick + 2018 2.12 rookie pick + 2019 1st + 2019 3rd + Will Fuller

Received:

2018 1.04 rookie pick + 2018 3.04 rookie pick + Alex Collins

I currently am on the clock and decided to go with Penny over Chubb.

Traded:

2018 1.12 rookie pick + 2018 2.12 rookie pick + 2019 1st + 2019 3rd + Will Fuller

Received:

I'm not a big Collins guy and I still like this deal a lot for you.  1.12 and a future first for 1.4 is a bargain,  and 2.12 and a third for 3.4 at best makes up the gap between fuller and a starting running back.

An early pick in a strong running back class is just so valuable. 

Is the other guy really strong at running back?  Or just totally rebuilding?  Rare to see someone trade two running backs and not get one in return. 

Traded:

Received:

Close but I kinda like Fuller and the picks.

12 tm, 2QB, 2TE, Devy, PPR

------------------

Gave: Ajayi

Got: Jamaal Williams, Edelman, 4th

-----------------

This is a deep league being start 2QB/TE and with devy included. The two main players in this trade are polarizing and I'm curious what everyone thinks. I assume everyone will jump on Ajayi. Hopefully there are some Williams believers like myself out there  :D

Traded:

Received:

Seems like a fair trade to me and if you need RB and/or other team is set at RB and/or needs WR a real win for both teams.

And you made the right pick.

12 tm PPR, standard scoring/lineups

Gave: Penny, Foreman

Got: A.Jones/J.Williams, Meredith, 2019 1st (projected mid but easily could be top 3)

PPR NON-IDP 

Gave: Marshawn Lynch

Got: 2019 3rd

It's a rebuild of a orphaned team that's pretty bad. Get while the gettin' is somewhat good.
Same team...

Gave: Thielen/Javorious Allen

Got: Kerryon Johnson/Luke Willson.

I like Thielen but I think the return of Cook will reduce the available targets for the WRs and if Diggs stays healthy (big if) then it cuts Thielen's numbers further. 

I'm not worried about Johnson's "competition" in Detroit. As it was, my #2 RB was Frank Gore. 

Maybe I'll keep going until I'm starting ALL rookies. My lineup now includes KJ/Michel/Anthony Miller/Gallup and Kirk. 

IMHO, you could have and should have been able to receive more value for WR Thielen, and I don't think including RB Allen was anywhere close to necessary. Of course, you'll be fulfilling a fantasy by starting an almost all-rookie line-up in your attempt to emulate the Vegas Golden Knights and perform a "1st year playoff miracle". But what do I know .  .  .  . :ph34r:

IMHO, you could have and should have been able to receive more value for WR Thielen, and I don't think including RB Allen was anywhere close to necessary. Of course, you'll be fulfilling a fantasy by starting an almost all-rookie line-up in your attempt to emulate the Vegas Golden Knights and perform a "1st year playoff miracle". But what do I know .  .  .  . :ph34r:
I shopped Thielen with no takers. This thread is curiously devoid of Thielen trades. I think owners have a much higher opinion of him than takers.

I couldn't care less about the Allen/Willson side of it but if that's what the guy wanted it to get the deal done, so be it.

Thanks for the prompt response, further explaining it from your perspective. I don't have the detailed perspective you do being in your league, but we all have to live with our own decisions from the moment we decide which league(s) we're going to sign up for. I choose not to post opinions on every trade I read about here, but when I have a strong enough feeling about one or two a month, I am motivated to input what I really am thinking. None of my postings are ever meant to be taken as being targeted against any owner nor any individual NFL player for any reason whatsoever. One man's treasure is another man's refuse, but performance and/or opinion's can reverse direction just like this 2018 USGA Open scores are demonstrating at this very moment. GL in this coming season, and I'll be watching to see how your crop of rookies perform when given the opportunity by their NFL management/coaches. :thumbup:

I shopped Thielen with no takers. This thread is curiously devoid of Thielen trades. I think owners have a much higher opinion of him than takers.

I couldn't care less about the Allen/Willson side of it but if that's what the guy wanted it to get the deal done, so be it.
The other team needed a backup RB if he were to deal KJ. Allen isn't special imo, but he provides a better spot or bye week starter than R Kelly, and he's lost some confidence in Hyde. 

FWIW, i do think Thielen is worth more than kerryon, and cousins should be good for him. But trading a talented rookie running back is always hard. He could be Kareem Hunt (although on a lesser team with better competition)

Same team...

I like Thielen but I think the return of Cook will reduce the available targets for the WRs and if Diggs stays healthy (big if) then it cuts Thielen's numbers further. 

I'm not worried about Johnson's "competition" in Detroit. As it was, my #2 RB was Frank Gore. 

Maybe I'll keep going until I'm starting ALL rookies. My lineup now includes KJ/Michel/Anthony Miller/Gallup and Kirk. 
I’d give Thielen for KJ all day long. 

The other team needed a backup RB if he were to deal KJ. Allen isn't special imo, but he provides a better spot or bye week starter than R Kelly, and he's lost some confidence in Hyde. 

FWIW, i do think Thielen is worth more than kerryon, and cousins should be good for him. But trading a talented rookie running back is always hard. He could be Kareem Hunt (although on a lesser team with better competition)
I'm not sure you're wrong. But not by enough that adding a player that makes up the difference makes it worth haggling over. You're probably not going to start that guy anyway. 

And sometimes a small step backwards is required to round out a roster in the way you want to. I'm betting that Johnson + Player X scores me more than Thielen + Player X will in my starting lineup.  : shrug:

12 tm, 2QB, 2TE, Devy, PPR

------------------

Gave: Ajayi

Got: Jamaal Williams, Edelman, 4th

-----------------

This is a deep league being start 2QB/TE and with devy included. The two main players in this trade are polarizing and I'm curious what everyone thinks. I assume everyone will jump on Ajayi. Hopefully there are some Williams believers like myself out there  :D
Ajayi

I'm not sure you're wrong. But not by enough that adding a player that makes up the difference makes it worth haggling over. You're probably not going to start that guy anyway. 

And sometimes a small step backwards is required to round out a roster in the way you want to. I'm betting that Johnson + Player X scores me more than Thielen + Player X will in my starting lineup.  : shrug:
Considering your RB 2 was Gore and you took over a team in dire need of a rebuild, it definitely works for you. 

A few trades I'm not involved in, two separate leagues.

14 team SuperFlex, tiered PPR, .1 PPC

Team A Gets:  Case Keenum, Rashaad Penny, DeAndre Hopkins, 2020 4th

Team B Gets: Cam Newton, John Kelly, TY Hilton, Auden Tate, 2019 3rd, 2020 2nd, 2020 3rd

Team C Gets: Corey Davis

Team D Gets:  Alex Smith, 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd

14 team Superflex, PPR, .25 ppc (trades made during startup draft)

Team A Gets:  Rashaad Penny, Doug Baldwin, Startup picks 15.03, 16.12, 2019 3rd, 2019 4th, 2020 3rd, 2020 4th

Team B Gets:  Christian McCaffrey, Golden Tate, DeVante Parker, Startup pick 13.06

If it helps on Thielen, I was offered Thielen and the 1.2 this year for cmac and a 2019 2nd.  12 team qb/3wr/2rb/te/k/dt. I accepted. 

A few trades I'm not involved in, two separate leagues.

14 team SuperFlex, tiered PPR, .1 PPC

Team A Gets:  Case Keenum, Rashaad Penny, DeAndre Hopkins, 2020 4th

Team B Gets: Cam Newton, John Kelly, TY Hilton, Auden Tate, 2019 3rd, 2020 2nd, 2020 3rd

Team C Gets: Corey Davis

Team D Gets:  Alex Smith, 2019 2nd, 2020 2nd

14 team Superflex, PPR, .25 ppc (trades made during startup draft)

Team A Gets:  Rashaad Penny, Doug Baldwin, Startup picks 15.03, 16.12, 2019 3rd, 2019 4th, 2020 3rd, 2020 4th

Team B Gets:  Christian McCaffrey, Golden Tate, DeVante Parker, Startup pick 13.06
Penny and Hopkins

Davis, easily. Like really easily. Even in superflex.

Probably McCaffery on the last one but that's a large deal, hard to assess.

Hate to say I like it for the other guy, will need that 2019 pick to work out.
Definitely fair - but for me, I'm not high on Penny for many reasons and Foreman coming off a torn achilles, much tougher injury to recover from, especially for a RB.   I think one of Williams or Jones will have established themselves as the man by mid season, Meredith now has Brees throwing to him and the pick should be nothing worse than mid round so willing to take a risk.

Edit: I have Zeke, Bell, Nuk, AJG, Cooks, Gronk, etc in this league so I felt I could take some chances...

PPR NON-IDP 

1) Gave: Marshawn Lynch

Got: 2019 3rd

It's a rebuild of a orphaned team that's pretty bad. Get while the gettin' is somewhat good.

2) Same team...

3) Gave: Spencer Ware

Got: 2019 4th

Getting something for Ware seems a win. 

Definitely fair - but for me, I'm not high on Penny for many reasons and Foreman coming off a torn achilles, much tougher injury to recover from, especially for a RB.   I think one of Williams or Jones will have established themselves as the man by mid season, Meredith now has Brees throwing to him and the pick should be nothing worse than mid round so willing to take a risk.

Edit: I have Zeke, Bell, Nuk, AJG, Cooks, Gronk, etc in this league so I felt I could take some chances...
I’m with you. I’ll take 1.1-1.6 next year over Penny. If it’s a playoff team it’s a bad deal for you though. 

Users who are viewing this thread