What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (29 Viewers)

That guy is crushing it with the rebuild. Extremely good value for DJ and Sanders. 
Agreed, I told him the same thing.

He kind of started an arms race by selling Ingram a couple weeks ago to another contender. The top scoring RBs are mostly consolidated on 4 teams right now, and the team getting DJ is loaded everywhere except RB with a few other young backs (Coleman, Jones, Foreman, Royce, Drake, Mack). I think the new DJ owner saw this as his last chance to get a RB to keep up with the starting RBs of the other contenders. 

It's a long standing league (18th year) with several teams feeling like they can win it and very hungry to do so (I've won 3 of the last 5 and have been particularly obnoxious with the ####-talking over that period). The DJ seller did a great job capitalizing on that.

What am I missing here?  Surely Smith is a more desirable prospect than Goedert.  and the Smith owner is also giving a pick?
Want it to get weirder? New Ito owner picked him up after week 1. Cut him after week 3. Went unclaimed for a week. Eagle fan scoops him up. Now Eagle fan trades Ito and the pick back to original Ito owner for Goedart.  :loco:  

This Eagle fan doesn't usual Homer at all either. 

12/ppr/deep rosters

gave: trubisky

got: guice 

deep benches, no qbs available on ww and guy is 3-3 and had qbs on bye. Opportunity was there to exploit.

12 Team PPR

Gave:  CJ Uzomah and 2019 Rd 1 (Team is in Win Now Mode)

Received: Jimmy Graham and 2019 Rd 4 (Team is in year 2 of rebuild)

I don't typically struggle with trade offers but this one had me thinking a bit:

12 teams, 1 PPR, 3 point bonus for 100 yard games

Team A receives: OBJ/D. Cook

Team B receives: J. Gordon/A. Jeffery/2019 1st/2019 1st/2019 2nd/2019 2nd

One of the firsts should be top 4 and good chance at top 2. The other is currently fringe playoff. Relevant roster of that team now:

Cam

Cook/Ingram/Howard/Miller/Breida

OBJ/JuJu/Cooks/Shepard/Crabtree/DT

Kelce/Gronk

12 Team PPR

Gave:  CJ Uzomah and 2019 Rd 1 (Team is in Win Now Mode)

Received: Jimmy Graham and 2019 Rd 4 (Team is in year 2 of rebuild)
Doesn’t matter how “win now” a team might think they are.  Odds that Jimmy Graham tips the scale are much closer to zero than they are to 50/50.  An absolute waste of a 1st and a pure gift for the previous owner of Graham.

Last edited by a moderator:
OBJ and Cook for me too.  I don't even like Cook that much but I'm sure I could find a partner for a RB I'd rather have and flip him.  

12- team .5 ppr QRRWWTFFD. Blowing up the older half of what seemed to be a decent team but now sits at 2-5 after getting unlucky twice and then crapping the bed for 3 straight weeks.

sold jimmy graham for a midrange 2019 2nd

FFPC we had a deal that was completed and then multiple people reported it to the FFPC and they overturned it.  Thought it was worth mentioning even though technically it didn't fully go through.  Well it did, but then reversed.

Team A got: Brandin Cooks, David Johnson

Team B got: Matt Ryan, Drake, Snead and 2 2nds

FFPC we had a deal that was completed and then multiple people reported it to the FFPC and they overturned it.  Thought it was worth mentioning even though technically it didn't fully go through.  Well it did, but then reversed.

doesn't seem that outlandish depending on the makeup of the teams involved.

Haven't heard much about FFPC trades being overturned. Trade seems fine in that realm, was there something else behind the reversal?

doesn't seem that outlandish depending on the makeup of the teams involved.

Haven't heard much about FFPC trades being overturned. Trade seems fine in that realm, was there something else behind the reversal?
Here's a quote from the FFPC about it:

"First of all, we rarely overturn trades. We want to permit owners to run their own teams without our interference.

However, if the consensus valuation is way too far off of anything that could be conceived of as equitable, we will overturn. 

Using FantasyPros.com consensus (10 fantasy experts) dynasty rankings we get:

Johnson, David (RB), ARI - 11th overall

Cooks, Brandin (WR), LA - 28th overall

for 

Drake, Kenyan (RB), MIA - 63rd overall

Ryan, Matt (QB), ATL - 120th overall

Snead, Willie (WR), BAL - 215th overall

2019 2nd Round (The Pecan Sandies ) Draft Pick 
2019 2nd Round (Draft Beard) Draft Pick

The two second-round picks are not ranked but let's graciously give them a value of 100th overall and 101st overall.

Based on this, I can barely see the package being worth the value of either Cooks or Johnson, much less both of them. Values increase dramatically for top players and both Cooks and Johnson are top dynasty assets. 

The value is way out of whack on this trade as we have two premium players being dealt for nothing ranked in the top 60 of value. 

This trade is being overturned based on valuation. "

My take:  The guy receiving DJ and Cooks in this deal was probably a favorite to win at this point.  He's tied in victory points and has the best record in the league (although tied) at 5-2.  The guy that was giving up DJ and Cooks was 3-4 and was 8th in victory points looking like he's starting a rebuild.  

Personally I have no issues with this trade and each owner seem to be decent owners, same with the owners that protested.  Maybe they're thinking about roster spots because they are so valuable in FFPC?  No clue.  

10 team non ppr.

ingram traded for McKinnon, a 2019 2nd round pick and a 2020 2nd round pick (both from “average” teams).  

10 team, non ppr.

Baldwin

for

D. Lewis 

C. Davis

Davis recipient is obviously buying low and cashing out on an aging Baldwin. 

14 team Q r ww t f k d  non ppr

Team a (1-6) gets

amari cooper

Derrick Henry 

Hunter Henry

Chiefs d

Tampa d

Team b (3-4) gets

David johnson

Keke coutee

Patriots d

Steelers d

Team a has several injured players like dalvin, gronk and also has the slow start from Keenan Allen.  Expected to contend this year.

Team b has goff, Melvin gordon, aj green, john brown, kittle and is a game out of the playoffs.

Made a bunch of deals in various leagues:

1) 12 tm PPR. I'm a top contender who needed a RB or 2 (have Bell and Freeman as my top 2, so basically nada from them so far) but deep at WR.

Traded G.Tate to another contender for a 1st he acquired from someone else (middle of the pack right now, let's say 6 or 7 for the pick)

Turned around and traded the pick for T.Coleman and Cohen....I still own my 1st

2) 12 tm superflex PPR - deep devy league (roughly 50 prospects rostered, so literally every top guy in 2019 and 2020 are taken already)

Traded: N.Harry (one of my devys), Sutton and my 2019 1st (but again is probably a 3rd rounder with all the devys rostered, and likely towards the end of the round too)

Got: JuJu and Clement

3) 12 tm superflex (auction league).  I'm one of the top teams but I was starting Eli every week as my 2nd QB (Ryan is my top QB)

Traded: McKinnon, my 1st (auction dollars) and a 2nd

Got: Rivers, A.Jones

12 team 2 qb 6td per pass league. QB depth very valuable I would say.

Gave Tyrod

got Tannehill

I think Tannehill has a far better chance of being a starting qb again. Osweiler has done solid but feel like Tannehill should start when healthy again. Tyrod looked aweful his last start and don’t know his future really.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team 2 qb 6td per pass league. QB depth very valuable I would say.

Gave Tyrod

got Tannehill

I think Tannehill has a far better chance of being a starting qb again. Osweiler has done solid but feel like Tannehill should start when healthy again. Tyrod looked aweful his last start and don’t know his future really.
Weird trade. But you win.

14 team .. no ppr

Gave: Hogan, Doctson

Got: DThomas

None of them will see my lineup behind Hopkins, Thielen, KAllen, AJGreen and JBrown. I needed to free up a roster spot and going out on a limb Thomas gets dealt..doubt it though.

Doesn’t matter how “win now” a team might think they are.  Odds that Jimmy Graham tips the scale are much closer to zero than they are to 50/50.  An absolute waste of a 1st and a pure gift for the previous owner of Graham.
This. How big of an upgrade is Graham over Uzomah rest of season? Seems like not that big.

Users who are viewing this thread