What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (33 Viewers)

Obviously Conner’s value and price have been rising but together I like your deals including very much for this year.  if you get in playoffs with those 2 it will be big.  While everyone has opinion or preference on Elliott vs Hunt I think most would simply agree they are same tier for dynasty RB.  If you miss playoffs and the draft is determined by a consolation playoff bracket  (like in FFPC) which you do very well in, then the deals gets closer but still not a loss IMO. 
Yeah I'm pretty happy overall - and I forgot to mention I also have Bell here, so next year I'll have Bell, Conner and Hunt.  

FFPC --

Team A receives:  Conner/Jonnu Smith/Clement/2019 2nd (currently 7th place team)

Team B receives:  Kirk/Mike Williams/Drake

12 team, ppr deeper rosters, 1 qb

Team A gets- Wentz

Team B gets- '19 from current first place team, likely in the 10-12 range, and mike williams

Deal for Woods in two leagues today. PPR, 14 teamers for both.

1. Gave Fuller, got Woods, Doug Baldwin

2. Gave Landry, Taylor Gabriel, 2020 3rd, got Woods

Deal for Woods in two leagues today. PPR, 14 teamers for both.

1. Gave Fuller, got Woods, Doug Baldwin

2. Gave Landry, Taylor Gabriel, 2020 3rd, got Woods
Think I like the woods side of both. He’s one of a select few young “win now” guys whose price hasn’t caught up with his production. McVay and that offense aren’t going anywhere

12 team, ppr deeper rosters, 1 qb

Team A gets- Wentz

Team B gets- '19 from current first place team, likely in the 10-12 range, and mike williams
Depends on roster makeup. I lean towards the Wentz side either way - but if team B had another too QB then it’s a win for team B.

10 team ppr 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/superflex/idp

Contract league with 40man rosters/100 year max

Team A is ranked 1, weak spot at wr with Green injury

Team B is probably missing playoffs, pretty much rebuild. 

Team A gets:

Michael Thomas(3years left, including this one) 

Team B gets:

Corey Davis (Taxi Squad, can assign any length contract)

2019 1.01

2019 2.01

Picks are based on potential points, so they're 99% going to be 1.1, 2.1 unless something insane happens as the owner is about 200 points back with 3 games left. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ray Barboni said:
Depends on roster makeup. I lean towards the Wentz side either way - but if team B had another too QB then it’s a win for team B.
Team B has Russ and Trubisky still

Team A has only liability streamers but is fairly strong elsewhere.

10 team ppr 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/superflex/idp

Contract league with 40man rosters/100 year max

Team A is ranked 1, weak spot at wr with Green injury

Team B is probably missing playoffs, pretty much rebuild. 

Team A gets:

Michael Thomas(3years left, including this one) 

Team B gets:

Corey Davis (Taxi Squad, can assign any length contract)

2019 1.1

2019 2.1

Picks are based on potential points, so they're 99% going to be 1.1, 2.1 unless something insane happens as the owner is about 200 points back with 3 games left. 
I assume you mean 1.10 and 2.10 with him being in 1st place.  If so I think it makes sense for both teams, but it feels light for MT.  I traded Davis/1st earlier in the year for Julio and MT is what 4-5 years younger?  

I assume you mean 1.10 and 2.10 with him being in 1st place.  If so I think it makes sense for both teams, but it feels light for MT.  I traded Davis/1st earlier in the year for Julio and MT is what 4-5 years younger?  
1.01 and 2.01

They weren't the owner's picks. 

Team A Gives:  Doctson/Ronald Jones/Kenyan Drake/2019 2nd

Team B gives:  Marlon Mack

Possibly interesting for those considering the value of the injured and aging AJ and Gronk ...

Half-PPR

Team A gets: AJ, Gronk, Conley

Team B gets: Drake, Shepard, Vance

Possibly interesting for those considering the value of the injured and aging AJ and Gronk ...

Half-PPR

Terrible value for AJ and Gronk. Just hold Gronk until he comes back and plays a few games, or deal him in offseason when reports are in about him "being in the best shape of his life." You're dealing him at his absolute bottom value for almost nothing. Ditto AJ.

One of the worst deals I've ever seen posted in here. It's not even like the other side has some upside pieces you can talk yourself into working out and becoming tops in their position. They all pretty much already are what they are.

Terrible value for AJ and Gronk. Just hold Gronk until he comes back and plays a few games, or deal him in offseason when reports are in about him "being in the best shape of his life." You're dealing him at his absolute bottom value for almost nothing. Ditto AJ.

One of the worst deals I've ever seen posted in here. It's not even like the other side has some upside pieces you can talk yourself into working out and becoming tops in their position. They all pretty much already are what they are.
I don't think that's true about Drake and Shep not having upside. Both are 24, have shown they have talent and are hovering around low-end RB/WR2. Drake has shown what he can do when he gets touches, and maybe Gore dies someday and he'll be able to get more consistently. Shep is a free agent after next season, and maybe he ends up some place with a better QB than Eli and less of a ball hog on the other side than Beckham. They've got a lot of years ahead of them where I could certainly see this being looked back on as a lopsided trade in favor of team B in five years. And, no, I'm not team B. 

I don't think that's true about Drake and Shep not having upside. Both are 24, have shown they have talent and are hovering around low-end RB/WR2. Drake has shown what he can do when he gets touches, and maybe Gore dies someday and he'll be able to get more consistently. Shep is a free agent after next season, and maybe he ends up some place with a better QB than Eli and less of a ball hog on the other side than Beckham. They've got a lot of years ahead of them where I could certainly see this being looked back on as a lopsided trade in favor of team B in five years. And, no, I'm not team B. 
If Drake was going to be a RB1, this would be the year. Instead, he has been losing snaps to a RB who was college teammates with Clinton Portis. That's all you need to know about his upside.

Shep's upside is a steady WR2. And that's if he lands in the right situation on a good offense. Though to be fair, he probably has more long-term upside as a flex player than Drake, but give me 2-4 more years of AJ's WR1 production and ride into the sunset with Gronk and take the mega-games that are surely coming, or wait for a better exit position.

In fact, let me amend my statement: this isn't the worst trade I've ever seen in this thread. But it *is* the absolute two worst exit positions and ROI I've seen on top 10 positional vets.

tombonneau said:
If Drake was going to be a RB1, this would be the year. Instead, he has been losing snaps to a RB who was college teammates with Clinton Portis. That's all you need to know about his upside.

Shep's upside is a steady WR2. And that's if he lands in the right situation on a good offense. Though to be fair, he probably has more long-term upside as a flex player than Drake, but give me 2-4 more years of AJ's WR1 production and ride into the sunset with Gronk and take the mega-games that are surely coming, or wait for a better exit position.

In fact, let me amend my statement: this isn't the worst trade I've ever seen in this thread. But it *is* the absolute two worst exit positions and ROI I've seen on top 10 positional vets.
I agree it's a very bad trade, but I do think you're underselling the upside of those guys somewhat.

Gase has shown an unwillingness to give Drake lead work when not forced to, but when forced to Drake was pretty excellent with that kind of work.  Gase may or may not be long for Miami.  Drake certainly has upside if Gase is canned.

Shepard was quietly a strong WR1 when he played last year when OBJ was out, it just went somewhat unnoticed because Shep was dealing with his own injury issues and missed several games.  When he was the lead WR last year he went 37-458 in 6 games which is a 98-1250 pace, and that was with him leaving a couple of those games early and playing banged up in others.

It's kind of surprising to me that still in 2018, with all the undersized WRs playing as lead WRs for their team, people are still so unwilling to consider that kind of upside for a player when they aren't 6'2".  If Shepard were the same height as Courtland Sutton everyone would be trying to buy him up to see where he lands in FA.

Gase has shown an unwillingness to give Drake lead work when not forced to, but when forced to Drake was pretty excellent with that kind of work.  Gase may or may not be long for Miami.  Drake certainly has upside if Gase is canned.
I think one can talk themselves into the upside of plenty of players in the NFL.  I think the odds that a RB whom was hand selected by his current coach in the 3rd round of the NFL draft and can't seem to take the lead back reigns over the course of three seasons ending up as the feature back for a new coach implementing a new scheme with his players is far closer to zero than it is to even 50/50.  And to me it's extremely damning, no matter how inept he is as a coach, that Gase won't give the reigns to the guy that he hand picked and that he's seen up close for three seasons now.   

It's kind of surprising to me that still in 2018, with all the undersized WRs playing as lead WRs for their team, people are still so unwilling to consider that kind of upside for a player when they aren't 6'2".  If Shepard were the same height as Courtland Sutton everyone would be trying to buy him up to see where he lands in FA.
Similarly, Shepard is WR2 on his current team.  That's not changing.  There is a chance that the Giants resign him in UFA in 2020 in which case his upside is forever as it stands currently (low).  If they don't re-sign him, what are the odds that he's signed to be a WR1 for any other team in the NFL?  I'd say that's closer to zero than Drake becoming a feature back is.  So you're essentially hoping that he gets signed as a WR2 to a team with a much better offense and QB than the Giants.  That's likely to happen, because the Giants suck right now but as a WR2 he needs to end up in an elite offense to offer fantasy upside as his team's WR2. Similarly to @tombonneau's stance, I see a low probability that the little upside in this deal is ever realized.  More likely is you house two middling fantasy players that end up simply clogging your roster.   If you're dealing AJ Green and Gronkowski, there's no doubt in my mind there are better deals out there and especially so for AJ Green. 

Shrugs said:

Half-PPR

Personally I wouldn't trade for Gronk at all unless it was a deal like this.  That said, I'd easily pay that whole package for AJ himself so this is Gronk for free.  Not to mention one of my favorite dart throws in Conley.  I love me some Vance McDonald, but this is an easy win for the AJ/Gronk/Conley side.  

FFPC 12 team PPR, 1.5 ppr for TE

Leveon Bell, Elijah Mcquire, David Njoku

For

Dalvin Cook, Chargers Defense

Teak getting Cook has no real RB-2 and is currently one victory point away from a 1st round bye.

Team A Sam Darnold and Fournette 

Team B Kerryon Johnson and 2019 1st and 3rd

the team giving up the 1st is currently in 5th place

Team A Sam Darnold and Fournette 

Team B Kerryon Johnson and 2019 1st and 3rd

the team giving up the 1st is currently in 5th place
I don't understand Team B's thought process. Kerryon is looking like a really good young RB and Fournette is proving to be very fragile.

Obviously Team B must be one of the last remaining charter members of the Fournette Fan Club.

The picks are on the wrong side imo.

I don't understand Team B's thought process. Kerryon is looking like a really good young RB and Fournette is proving to be very fragile.

Obviously Team B must be one of the last remaining charter members of the Fournette Fan Club.

The picks are on the wrong side imo.
This. Picks are backwards. How many KJ owners would even deal him straight up for Fragile Freddie 2.0?

If this is any kind of ppr it's even worse.

12 Team, 24 man rosters, 0.5 PPR Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex(RB/TE/WR), 1 K, 1 DEF

Gave: Dalvin Cook

Received George Kittle

My other RBs are Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Phillip Lindsay, Marlon Mack, Aaron Jones, and Tarik Cohen and my other TEs are Jimmy Graham, Hayden Hurst, and Geoff Swaim.

I tried trading for Zach Ertz and O.J. Howard first but wasn't able to get a deal done. TEs are hard to acquire right now in dynasty.

12 Team, 24 man rosters, 0.5 PPR Start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 Flex(RB/TE/WR), 1 K, 1 DEF

Gave: Dalvin Cook

Received George Kittle

My other RBs are Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Phillip Lindsay, Marlon Mack, Aaron Jones, and Tarik Cohen and my other TEs are Jimmy Graham, Hayden Hurst, and Geoff Swaim.

I tried trading for Zach Ertz and O.J. Howard first but wasn't able to get a deal done. TEs are hard to acquire right now in dynasty.
So you dont actually need to start a TE? I like the Cook side personally and by a good bit. 

Ah okay. I still would prefer Cook as I think he's an extremely talented back and would rather hold off until he has a few games back after his bye before I traded him if I really needed help somewhere else. Seems to be selling low although Kittle is a legit TE. 

League A, teams in transition: 12 team, 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 1TE, 4FLX TE premium ppr

Sent C. Wentz

Received 2019 1st(late), M. Williams

-

Sent A. Jeffrey

Received 2019 1st(late), N. Agholor

League B, Team is easily top 2: 12 team 1QB, 1RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX, some IDPs, TE premium ppr

Sent D. Lewis, K. Rudolph, Chandler Jones

Received 2019 1st (mid-late), M. Williams

Users who are viewing this thread