What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (16 Viewers)

I love me some Tyreek Hill.  But yikes, that's way pricey.

The draft pick was overkill for sure 

Probably a bit of an overpay. But if you're okay with your RB depth it's fine. 2nd may have been a bit much. Reek has avoided any major injury to this point so I get the relief of not having to constantly check the injury report for Julio.

Super pricey for Hill.
Guess I overpaid.  I wanted to get younger at WR and obtain what I thought was one of the few young elite WRs.  I went all in over the past several years drafting RBs and looked at Cook as my RB5.  Yes I have crazy depth and if some of this year’s picks pan out, more RBs than I’ll know what to do with.

ETA, where’s @Milkman when I need him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess I overpaid.  I wanted to get younger at WR and obtain what I thought was one of the few young elite WRs.  I went all in over the past several years drafting RBs and looked at Cook as my RB5.  Yes I have crazy depth and if some of this year’s picks pan out, more RBs than I’ll know what to do with.

I’m here for you too, Andrew74. Hill looks like a top 5 WR for the foreseeable future and I know from another thread that you have a deep RB bench, so I like this move for you a lot. Stock pile the top 5 talent whenever you can.  

I don't understand those posts.  Dude is a top 3 WR right now, and he's 24, and he's got a 23 year old stud QB throwing to him, and he's in a run-and-gun offense supported by an awful defense, and he's got a coach that runs the show that'll never get promoted and leave, and that coach is 9-1 and isn't getting fired, and - man I'm getting tired.  I have Tyreek on two teams and wouldn't sell him for that.  Those guys don't come available in trade, like ever, so if you get a chance to get him, you pay it.  I am a massive Dalvin Cook truther too, but we know what Tyreek is and we're still thinking we know what Cook will be.  All the confidence in Cook in the world != the proof we have from Tyreek.  I do notoriously dislike Julio at his market value, and .5 PPR does neither of those players any favors, but that trade is an easy win for you IMO.

FFPC.

Contending team got: Julio, Gronk, Gesicki

Non-contending team got: Kupp, OJ Howard, Rams D, 2019#1 projected late-likely 11/12.

FFPC league trade I just made

My Ronald Jones, Tre'Quan Smith, 2nd and 3rd 

for

Robert Woods and Crowder (I'll be dropping Crowder very likely)

I'm in win now mode but I am in 5th in VP, and 2nd in my own division by 1 game (6-4 for me, 7-3 for them).  Needed a stronger flex play.   

Another FFPC trade:

Team A receives:  James White/2019 1st (non-playoff team)

Team B receives:  L. Bell

Team A is in the playoffs, Team B isn't.  The 1st belongs to neither.

for

I'm in win now mode but I am in 5th in VP, and 2nd in my own division by 1 game (6-4 for me, 7-3 for them).  Needed a stronger flex play.   
Very cheap for Woods, especially in FFPC where holding guys like Jones/Smith is more difficult.

12 Team PPR (6 pts all TD)...  making a move to Win Now (tied for 1st record and #1 in Points)

Gave Bell, R Jones, 3rd round (late)

Got Chubb, Dem Thomas, 2nd 

He had solid RB depth and could afford it (K Hunt, Ker Johnson, J Howard, Dion Lewis)

for

I knew he'd breakout after I traded him away.  Oh well still happy with my return for a championship run.  

Wow.  Bet the rest of the league loves that one.
I'm pretty sure consideration of how the league feels when you make trades is not a big factor in your decision making process. But to be sure if I was a contender in the league I'd have hated to see the trade go down but dynasty leagues are often like arms races among super powers.

I really thought it was a complete make sense trade for both teams but I'm involved so I'd obviously feel that way. No need to explain what it does for the contending team which is not me. I'm the team that gave away Julio and Gronk, the non-contender. My team has a ton of old parts and under performed big time this year and my biggest specific team need was finding a replacement for Gronk who I think will retire at end of this season or next and my biggest team need in general was turning some of the older key parts into younger key parts.

10 Team Full PPR.  2 QB

Team A:  Christian Kirk

Team B:  2019 3rd, 2020 1st (probably 5-7 range)
The AZ offense looks pretty bad this year, but Kirk has shown he has some skills. If they can get things turned around, I think Kirk can have a pretty good career. I'd hold Kirk for now, though it's hard to predict 2020 firsts this far out so you would be passing up a potential very early pick.

Gave: Tannehill

Got: Alex Smith

2QB league where draft standings will be based on potential points of your best lineups every week. I’ve been ravaged by injuries so I’m currently in line for the 1.01. I like Tannehill, I think he’s a better QB than he is given credit, but I’m not convinced his own team wants him long term or that he will latch on somewhere else as a starter. I’d rather bet on the long term stability of Smith’s contract and the hope that they get him some weapons this off season in the passing game. Plus no chance of Smith hurting my potential points unlike Tannehill 

10 Team Full PPR.  2 QB

Team A:  Christian Kirk

Team B:  2019 3rd, 2020 1st (probably 5-7 range)
I like it for the other guy.  Kirk seems solid but in a 10 team league I'd think you need studs. I can't rule out Kirk ever being a stud but that 2020 draft class looks kind of awesome, especially in a 2 QB league.

I like it a for you a lot.  Kirk seems solid but in a 10 team league I'd think you need studs. I can't rule out Kirk ever being a stud but that 2020 draft class looks kind of awesome, especially in a 2 QB league.
I'm the one that got Kirk, haha.  I have Rosen as well, so I figure those two can be a nice duo down the road when the kinks of the offense get worked out.  That's the hope anyway!  I have another 2020 1st as well, and it should be a better pick than the one I traded away.

I'm the one that got Kirk, haha.  I have Rosen as well, so I figure those two can be a nice duo down the road when the kinks of the offense get worked out.  That's the hope anyway!  I have another 2020 1st as well, and it should be a better pick than the one I traded away.
Oops, hope it works out. I won't argue they do seem like a nice future duo. Fixed my posts.

Team A:  Gave Cooper Kupp

Team B:  Gave Marlon Mack
Seems lateral to me.  Mack might not be the every-down dominant RB people wanted him to be, but he's serviceable.  Those RB's usually end up going in the same range as guys like Kupp will in startups.  

12 team PPR SF dynasty, draft position determined by potential points, not record

Gave: Heuerman, Rudolph, 2019 4th (4.01-4.03)

Got: OJ Howard

He’s a championship contender and I am trying to minimize potential points to hold on to the 1.01 spot. Seemed like a good move for the future

12 team PPR SF dynasty, draft position determined by potential points, not record

He’s a championship contender and I am trying to minimize potential points to hold on to the 1.01 spot. Seemed like a good move for the future
Ouch.  OJ big time.  I get going for title but not seeing how Heuerman and Rudolph are going to be enough help to sacrifice OJ.

He already lost Delanie Walker and was left with Ryan Griffin and Charles Clay. Definitely his present vs my future on this one
Personally i'd never sacrifice OJ Howard for a bunch of mediocre players who are unlikely to make a difference in his quest for the title this year.  To each their own.

Either way worked out perfectly for you.  Locked in a top 5 dynasty TE for close to nothing.

How does Heuerman or Rudolph move the needle for a Championship contender?

He already lost Delanie Walker and was left with Ryan Griffin and Charles Clay. Definitely his present vs my future on this one
Come on. Stop trying to justify it for him. The guys he traded for will not be the difference between him winning or not winning a championship- they’re waiver wire level players.

12-team Full PPR QB 2RB 2WR 2FLEX 1TE

Team A gave:

• Julio Jones Atl - WR 
  • Equanimeous St. Brown GB - WR 
Team B gave:

• Josh Adams Phi - RB 
  • Will Fuller V Hou - WR IR 
  • Round 1
  • Round 2
Team A pretty much just got eliminated and is stacked at WR. Team B is on track for 4 seed. I'm neither. I'm not sure I like dealing JJ away without getting a premium player in return. And as I'm the #5 seed in league where only four teams qualify I'm naturally annoyed.

In a league where the regular season goes through week 17 and the playoffs take place during the NFL playoffs:

Contender traded - Bell, 2019 1st

Non-Contender gave - Mel Gordon

In a league where the regular season goes through week 17 and the playoffs take place during the NFL playoffs:

Contender traded - Bell, 2019 1st

Non-Contender gave - Mel Gordon
Potential win-win that becomes a lose-win if contender can't take it home. But regardless, A+ move for non-contender. That's how you compete.

0.5 PPR, 10 team, Superflex, 4 point passing TD. 

Team A gave: Russell Wilson

Team B gave: Aaron Jones

Team B has Brady and Brees, his WRs are M. Thomas, AB, Thielen and then some depth. His other RB was Melvin Gordon and he's in 1st place. Traded Russ for a chance this year. I'm team B in this one. 

12 team PPR TE premium 

Team A gives Valdez-Scantling, Carson

Team B gives 2019 1st, 3rd (mid to late), Smallwood

----------

Team C gives Valdez-Scantling

Team D gives 2019 2nd (mid to late), Robby Anderson, Josh Adams

-----------

Team E gives Marlon Mack, Jordan Reed

Team F gives Josh Gordon, Trey Burton, 2019 2nd (late)

Come on. Stop trying to justify it for him. The guys he traded for will not be the difference between him winning or not winning a championship- they’re waiver wire level players.
We don’t know they won’t be the difference. Either very well could be. Every point matters. Neither is on WW in any of my 20 dynasty leagues and I’ll bet the same is true for you unless you play in short bench only.  I’d bet Rudolph hasn’t been on WW in any of your leagues for years.  Rudolph is TE9, TE11, TE13 from 2016-2018. Personally I’d have shot higher than this combo but it definitely can make the difference for him. Howard’s avg is only about 3.5 PPG higher than Rudolph.

12 team PPR TE premium 

Team A gives Valdez-Scantling, Carson

Team B gives 2019 1st, 3rd (mid to late), Smallwood

----------

Team C gives Valdez-Scantling

Team D gives 2019 2nd (mid to late), Robby Anderson, Josh Adams

-----------

Team E gives Marlon Mack, Jordan Reed

Team F gives Josh Gordon, Trey Burton, 2019 2nd (late)
What team A got, What team C got, What team E got 

Users who are viewing this thread