What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

12 Team .5 PPR

Team A got

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Fournette, Leonard JAC RB

Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB

Allison, Geronimo GBP WR

Ertz, Zach PHI TE

Team B got

Newton, Cam CAR QB

McCoy, LeSean BUF RB

Crowder, Jamison WAS WR

Kelce, Travis KCC TE

2019 Draft Pick 1.05
Kelce vs ertz, push. 

Allison vs crowder, push.

I don't blame anyone for preferring one over the other, i just think you could find someone who prefers the guy you like less. Crowder is a decent player but he's a free agent so he's a total dart throw. Allison looked like the gb wr2 before he got hurt and may have benefited from letting the rest of the guys play for a year because they all sucked. 

Cam > ben due to age i guess but it's not a huge win. Ben might be better short term, but their weapons are up in the air  Cam's physical play won't age well, so the youth factor doesn't play as big a role in the decision for me.  And there's a chance cam is still hurt going into next year.  I might be talking myself into preferring Ben. 

That leaves mccoy and 1.5 for fournette and yeldon.  And while the bloom is off fournettes rose, i don't know if this is the class where i'd try to find his replacement.  And there's some possibility that Jacksonville does something like ship fournette to philly and make yeldon their starter. 

So i might take the fournette side and hope for the best. 

Kelce vs ertz, push. 

Allison vs crowder, push.

I don't blame anyone for preferring one over the other, i just think you could find someone who prefers the guy you like less. Crowder is a decent player but he's a free agent so he's a total dart throw. Allison looked like the gb wr2 before he got hurt and may have benefited from letting the rest of the guys play for a year because they all sucked. 

Cam > ben due to age i guess but it's not a huge win. Ben might be better short term, but their weapons are up in the air  Cam's physical play won't age well, so the youth factor doesn't play as big a role in the decision for me.  And there's a chance cam is still hurt going into next year.  I might be talking myself into preferring Ben. 

That leaves mccoy and 1.5 for fournette and yeldon.  And while the bloom is off fournettes rose, i don't know if this is the class where i'd try to find his replacement.  And there's some possibility that Jacksonville does something like ship fournette to philly and make yeldon their starter. 

So i might take the fournette side and hope for the best. 
Yeah I was going to say, Kelce side "easily" seems excessive to me.

Other than personal preferences it basically boils down to Fournette vs. 1.05.  Most of the other stuff pretty much cancels each other out.  I would take Fournette there personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
took over a pretty bad dynasty team. 12 team ppr.

Gave: OJ Howard and John Brown

Got: Kirk, Rosen, 2020 2nd

don't love it, but wanted to make a trade to show owners i'm willing to deal

took over a pretty bad dynasty team. 12 team ppr.

Gave: OJ Howard and John Brown

Got: Kirk, Rosen, 2020 2nd

don't love it, but wanted to make a trade to show owners i'm willing to deal
I like it for you, assuming you have at least one decent fairly young TE left behind OJ.

FFPC:

Gave: Fournette, Corey Davis, 1.9

Got: Kelce, 1.7, 2020#1 that is fairly random but odds favor it being 1-8 next year.

Don't like paying to get older but that blow was cushioned by getting valuable 2020 pick. I'm the guy who used picks 1 and 3 in a loaded draft on Fournette and Davis so in that sense to pull the plug now but I tried hard to not to let sunk costs dictate what is best for my team.  RB was easily my deepest position and I'm sitting on pick 1.1 so solid chance to add another so that did make it easier to move on from Fournette.  I'd say more then any FFPC league of mine there are a crazy amount of loaded teams in this league and this is the kind of league I'm willing to pay some younger assets for more of a win next few years asset because it feels like an arms race. Also clearing roster space was huge for me.

A lot of stuff about the trade makes sense for me, I still don't feel great giving up two players I invested heavily in and for sure have not given up on.

FFPC:

Got: Kelce, 1.7, 2020#1 that is fairly random but odds favor it being 1-8 next year.

Don't like paying to get older but that blow was cushioned by getting valuable 2020 pick. I'm the guy who used picks 1 and 3 in a loaded draft on Fournette and Davis so in that sense to pull the plug now but I tried hard to not to let sunk costs dictate what is best for my team.  RB was easily my deepest position and I'm sitting on pick 1.1 so solid chance to add another so that did make it easier to move on from Fournette.  I'd say more then any FFPC league of mine there are a crazy amount of loaded teams in this league and this is the kind of league I'm willing to pay some younger assets for more of a win next few years asset because it feels like an arms race. Also clearing roster space was huge for me.

A lot of stuff about the trade makes sense for me, I still don't feel great giving up two players I invested heavily in and for sure have not given up on.
You won this rather easily in my mind.  Fournette and Davis are two guys I'd be trying to dump if I had them anywhere.  Just don't expect either of them to become multi-year, star level players.  Much rather have Kelce and the 2020 1st and the two spot bump this year is a cherry on top.

You won this rather easily in my mind.  Fournette and Davis are two guys I'd be trying to dump if I had them anywhere.  Just don't expect either of them to become multi-year, star level players.  Much rather have Kelce and the 2020 1st and the two spot bump this year is a cherry on top.
I agree. Kelce side. Other owner let him out from under two flailing assets.

FFPC:

Kelce >>> Davis
2020 1st (top half) >= Fournette
1.7 > 1.9

Honestly I might take Kelce alone over all of three of those in FFPC.

FFPC:

All the picks should be on the Fournette side imo. You can say Kelce is getting older, but he’s a difference maker for at least the next 2 years. 

King of the Jungle said:
Shephard by a fair amount. He is a good buy lower target. Nobody knows what happens to OBJ. If he happens to be traded (would not surprise me) Sterling gets a nice bump. Good risk/reward price for a mid 2nd round pick.
I was thinking that I'd much rather have the dart throw at 2.5 than Shepard.  We've seen what he is, and I think that's a 2nd fiddle WR, who looks like he could be 3rd or 4th on the target list in this offense.

A couple small deals in FFPC

2020 3rd for Jalen Richard

2.11 for Lamar Miller
2.11 seems fairly cheap for a stab at Miller if you are contending, not sure Richard would make any of my teams before cuts so I guess it depends how bad your bottom roster spots are but in general give me the pick. Hard to value non stud rbs right now, lots of changes coming

I was thinking that I'd much rather have the dart throw at 2.5 than Shepard.  We've seen what he is, and I think that's a 2nd fiddle WR, who looks like he could be 3rd or 4th on the target list in this offense.
Subscribing to your dart throw theory...I think it is a good price to dart throw at Shepard. If OBJ gets moved you can turn and sell Shephard for a nice profit IMO. I would rather gamble on that versus this seemingly weaker than normal draft class.

2.11 seems fairly cheap for a stab at Miller if you are contending, not sure Richard would make any of my teams before cuts so I guess it depends how bad your bottom roster spots are but in general give me the pick. Hard to value non stud rbs right now, lots of changes coming
I thought the same thing when I traded the 2.12 for Hyde last year after he signed in Cleveland. We see how that turned out. 

Subscribing to your dart throw theory...I think it is a good price to dart throw at Shepard. If OBJ gets moved you can turn and sell Shephard for a nice profit IMO. I would rather gamble on that versus this seemingly weaker than normal draft class.
My theory was that the dart throw is more valuable than Shepard.  I think the odds of OBJ getting moved are so small as to be ignored altogether.

And this draft class is considered to be weaker at the very top, but rather deep with lower-level talents.  2.05 will get you a pretty good prospect, or one of the top TE options.

I'm giving up a 2nd all day for Sterling.

And as a dynasty owner of Richard, no way I'm trading him for a 3rd, especially if its a PPR league.  He's still only 25, and is coming off a 70 catch season.

I'm giving up a 2nd all day for Sterling.

And as a dynasty owner of Richard, no way I'm trading him for a 3rd, especially if its a PPR league.  He's still only 25, and is coming off a 70 catch season.
Richard had 68 catches for 607 yards with no TDs and 259 yards rushing with one TD - even in ppr that's at best end of the bench depth and FFPC only allows you to keep 15 players (including a K and D/ST) during the offseason - so he really shouldn't be taking up one of 13 roster spots unless your team is really bad.

Sure he's only 25 but it's hard to see a better season than he just had especially with Oakland having a bunch of picks in this draft.

Shepard has been a borderline fantasy WR1 when OBJ has missed time and he's on the last year of his contract this season.  I actually think he's a pretty solid buy right now for a mid 2nd.
I actually looked this up when I saw the first Odell trade rumors and surprisingly Shepard does not improve as much as you'd think.

He's got 32 games with Odell and 11 without. He's at about 11 PPG with and around 13 without. But I think if Odell does get traded people will think Shepard's production was a little higher and that alone would be a reason to hold onto him. And as you pointed out Shepard is in last year of his contract, he is same age as Anthony Miller,  so things can change for him.

If roster space was not a consideration I'd pay 2.5 but reality is I'd not pay that for him in any of my leagues right now and not until April when rosters can expand unless I wanted to just gamble on picking up Shepard in hopes Odell got traded so I could flip him for more.

FFPC league, not involved:

Team A gave: Cohen, Carson, Kirk and Lindsay

Team B gave: 1.2, 2.1,  2020#1(just missed playoffs last year but did just add 4 players) and Drake

Team that gave up the players for mainly picks was top two seed last year and finished second in playoffs. 

FFPC league, not involved:

Team A gave: Cohen, Carson, Kirk and Lindsay

Team B gave: 1.2, 2.1,  2020#1(just missed playoffs last year but did just add 4 players) and Drake

Team that gave up the players for mainly picks was top two seed last year and finished second in playoffs. 
I'll take the picks.  Looks like A is trading some good produces/solid prospects in search of a home run.  Guessing he has a solid roster behind this given your notes.  I dig it.

Richard had 68 catches for 607 yards with no TDs and 259 yards rushing with one TD - even in ppr that's at best end of the bench depth and FFPC only allows you to keep 15 players (including a K and D/ST) during the offseason - so he really shouldn't be taking up one of 13 roster spots unless your team is really bad.

Sure he's only 25 but it's hard to see a better season than he just had especially with Oakland having a bunch of picks in this draft.
Good enough for a top 30 RB finish.  Personally, I'll take that over the 30th+ ranked rookie, especially when you look at the odds of you actually hitting on a player that late ever really making an impact on your roster.  Looking back at my leagues last couple of rookie drafts, most 3rd round picks are sitting on the waiver wire right now.  I'll take the guy that has at least demonstrated he will have a role on a team as a third-down back at worst, whether that's with the Raiders or another team.  

Good enough for a top 30 RB finish.  Personally, I'll take that over the 30th+ ranked rookie, especially when you look at the odds of you actually hitting on a player that late ever really making an impact on your roster.  Looking back at my leagues last couple of rookie drafts, most 3rd round picks are sitting on the waiver wire right now.  I'll take the guy that has at least demonstrated he will have a role on a team as a third-down back at worst, whether that's with the Raiders or another team.  
He was RB41 in PPG but really it's almost beside the point in debating paying a third round pick for him and I say that because if you cut him you can just redraft for him that or less.  Their is just no need to pay now when you it cost you a pick AND a roster spot which by itself is often as valuable as the pick.

Shepard has been a borderline fantasy WR1 when OBJ has missed time and he's on the last year of his contract this season.  I actually think he's a pretty solid buy right now for a mid 2nd.
He's an interesting case because of a few factors:
1) Over the past 2 years, the Giants have ranked 20th in passing fantasy points, so this has not been a fertile environment for a WR
2) He dealt with migraines in 2017 which he attempted to play through but likely limited him
3) He's a FA after this season

As such, I'd happily pay 2.05 for him. In a more respectable passing attack, he could be a very nice WR2.

Well a top 30 finish with that meager production just means he stayed healthy. I agree with you about the value of third rounders and in the only league where I own him (25 man rosters with two IR slots in season and unlimited roster spots during offseason) I doubt I'd trade him for a third.

However you are ignoring the league specifics here - with only 13 offseason roster spots (plus K and D/ST) unloading him for a third is better than just dropping him - and in all honesty the team paying a third to roster him could end up dropping him anyway when push comes to shove and he has to cut down to 15 players.

FFPC superflex 12 team.

Gave: Darnold, Guice, 1.07
Got: Gurley, 2020 1st (early-mid)

Gives me Barkley/Gurley/Chubb at RB which has to be my best RB core ever (Hunt too, what could have been).

Not involved; not sure if I see this a fair value for AB  but I understand the "uncertainty" of his future...(12 Team 0.5 PPR, TE premium; 2 RB/3 WR /1 TE; 2 Flex)

Team A Gave: Kittle, Kirk                         (contender in 2018; #2 in points; still has Ertz)

Team B Gave: A Brown                                     (in rebuild - only other asset is Zeke)

Personally, I think it helps both teams, but I think they sold Kittle low.  If I was Kittle owner, I would want more in return (maybe late 2nd?) 

Trades in this league are often "off" compared to the norm identified here.... Scoring is a little different with Bonus for TE at 50 yards & 1.0 PPR

Just made this trade in my 12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: D. Cook, Funchess, McDonald, K. Benjamin, 3.11 pick

Got: Kerryon Johnson, Godwin, Goedert, 2.4, 3.4, 2020 1st & 2 (guessing early to mid) 

Usually hate moving the best player in a trade, but felt this was a very good return for Cook. You guys agree? 

Not involved; not sure if I see this a fair value for AB  but I understand the "uncertainty" of his future...(12 Team 0.5 PPR, TE premium; 2 RB/3 WR /1 TE; 2 Flex)

Team A Gave: Kittle, Kirk                         (contender in 2018; #2 in points; still has Ertz)

Team B Gave: A Brown                                     (in rebuild - only other asset is Zeke)

Personally, I think it helps both teams, but I think they sold Kittle low.  If I was Kittle owner, I would want more in return (maybe late 2nd?) 

Trades in this league are often "off" compared to the norm identified here.... Scoring is a little different with Bonus for TE at 50 yards & 1.0 PPR
The rebuilder did well here.

FFPC, not involved

Chubb, AJ Green, 2020 1st (late- 2018 league winners pick)

for

Davante Adams, 2.2, and 2019 2nd (mid late likely)
I feel like I'm probably lower on Chubb then 99% of the people who post in this forum and saying that I'd easily take the side getting Chubb, easily.

PPR

Gave: 2.05 & Dallas Goedert

Got: Chris Carson

I like Goedert but he's Ertz blocked. Since I have zero startable RBs on this rebuild, figured Carson was worth the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread