What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

Dalvin = Kerryon. 

The rest of the Dalvin side is cuttable junk, so Godwin, Goedert, 2.4 and 2020 1st and 2nd for free. 

This is in the range of “worst ever accepted.”
Is that the general consensus that Kerryon = Cook?? I will be honest, I didn't watch the Lions AT ALL last year, but I thought Cook was considered at least 1 tier if not 2 above him. I'm obviously very happy with the trade, but I wasn't even really targeting KJ when talks started.  :bag: I'll chalk this under lucky vs good on my part ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC

I gave Sony, Mike Williams, and 3.11 

I received Nick Chubb

Gave a lot but I think (hope) Chubb is worth it...
I honestly don't understand the hype around Chubb.  He looked amazing for sure and I've been a fan of his since his freshman year at Georgia, but he isn't the pass catcher that people think he is in that offense.  He's serviceable for sure in that area but FFPC is full PPR and Chubb is more of a better version of Fournette than anything.  

Is that the general consensus that Kerryon = Cook?? I will be honest, I didn't watch the Lions AT ALL last year, but I thought Cook was considered at least 1 tier if not 2 above him. I'm obviously very happy with the trade, but I wasn't even really targeting KJ when talks started.  :bag: I'll chalk this under lucky vs good on my part ;)
No, it is not.

I'd rather have Cook than Johnson (but it's not that wide of a margin) - but the rest of the assets on the Johnson side make that trade totally in your favor.

I'd rather have Cook than Johnson (but it's not that wide of a margin) - but the rest of the assets on the Johnson side make that trade totally in your favor.
I think to most Cook owners, the difference is significant.  Cook = Kerryon + 2020 1st, I would say.  Still there's a ton of decent talent coming along with Kerryon and the 1st which make it a no-brainer.

FFPC

I received Nick Chubb

I don't think Mike Williams is ever going to pan out, so this is an upgrade I would take all day.  I could be very wrong, and this season will tell us if Williams is worthwhile.

I think to most Cook owners, the difference is significant.  Cook = Kerryon + 2020 1st, I would say.  Still there's a ton of decent talent coming along with Kerryon and the 1st which make it a no-brainer.
They have the same draft pedigree. 

One has dealt with injuries and the other is two years older and has dealt with injuries and ineffectiveness.  Guess who is who. 

FFPC

I received Nick Chubb

I think both of the Georgia RB's are pretty overrated right now so I'd take the Sony/Williams side and deal Sony for a RB I actually like or a draft pick. If I could do something like turn Sony into Kerryon I'd feel like I just got free Mike Williams.

They have the same draft pedigree. 

One has dealt with injuries and the other is two years older and has dealt with injuries and ineffectiveness.  Guess who is who. 
I get what you are saying but let's be accurate here, both of them have dealt with injuries.

I'm editing this to add my next comment is what I'd classify as such a hard sale for people to buy into I would generally just choose to keep my opinion to myself but I'll put it out anyway. Cook's had a major injury and a few surgeries and I still consider him less of an injury risk then Kerryon going forward and that is one of two reasons I've got Dalvin higher then Kerryon. The reason I feel less confident of Kerryon remaining healthy is that sometimes injuries are just bad luck, which is how I view Dalvin. But Kerryon has a thin lower build(like Mcfadden to me) and an very upright running style so there are specific things  that worry me about his ability to remain healthy, not just luck. Kerryon has missed games the only two years he's been the feature back,  at least Dalvin in college held up a whole year.

I said there are two reasons I had Dalvin over Kerryon and Tangfoot touched on the other one. Dalvin gets Kubiak on staff and a team I just feel way more confident is going to try and make him a feature back and Kerryon has a a wannabe mini-Bellichick, well I guess not a mini version.

Saying all that I don't think it's crazy to equate Kerryon to Dalvin because he's been just as good per touch and is about 1.5 years younger. Got a little gap still between them myself, but it's more of a valid argument then I think people are considering.

I don't think Mike Williams is ever going to pan out, so this is an upgrade I would take all day.  I could be very wrong, and this season will tell us if Williams is worthwhile.
I'd take Williams over Sony right now, I would not take Williams over Chubb right now but I think in 1-2 years I will. He's a stud, just a matter of working his way into being a bigger part of the passing game.

menobrown said:
I feel like I'm probably lower on Chubb then 99% of the people who post in this forum and saying that I'd easily take the side getting Chubb, easily.
I’m in the same boat, and I’m also higher in Adams than most, and I’d still take the Chubb side.

12 team non PPR, contract cap, standard scoring:

Team A:  Wentz, Thielen, Sutton, Rudolph, 3.04

Team B;  Luck, Hilton, A. Miller, Kittle, 1.10

Was ALMOST involved in this one, which I'll explain shortly.

Team A gave: Carson, 1.3, 2.3 picks

Team B gave: Thielen 

The team that traded away Carson and the picks had sent me an offer of Carson, Golden Tate, 1.3, 2.3, and 2020 1st (early to mid) for Melvin Gordon. Right or not, I was literally clicking the button to accept when the other trade processed  :lmao: So was I lucky or unlucky? 

Was ALMOST involved in this one, which I'll explain shortly.

Team A gave: Carson, 1.3, 2.3 picks

Team B gave: Thielen 

The team that traded away Carson and the picks had sent me an offer of Carson, Golden Tate, 1.3, 2.3, and 2020 1st (early to mid) for Melvin Gordon. Right or not, I was literally clicking the button to accept when the other trade processed  :lmao: So was I lucky or unlucky? 
I'd have taken that offer for Melvin.

Team A got Dalvin Cook

Team B got Derrius Guice and a 2020 1st.

Not in this league and not sure about the pick, but the team has (had, traded it) the 5th pick in this draft so it's probably safe to call it early/mid 1st.

Team A got Dalvin Cook

Team B got Derrius Guice and a 2020 1st.

Not in this league and not sure about the pick, but the team has (had, traded it) the 5th pick in this draft so it's probably safe to call it early/mid 1st.
I know it's controversial but I take Guice > Cook by himself.  Plus the 1st?  Thanks for the longevity.  

I don't go that far.  I prefer Cook simply because we've seen him on a football field and we haven't Guice yet.  Add in the non-traditional ACL recovery and he's got quite a bit more risk than standard.  I had no fear adding Dalvin after his rookie year, I have a lot more trepidation with Guice.

12 team PPR. Devy league.

.1 per rushing attempt. .75 per reception. .25 per target. 

Team A gave Aaron Jones

Team B gave Jarvis Landry

This makes 0 sense.  Aaron Jones by a mile.  
really  I don't think Aaron Jones is some lock to be a long term answer in GB at RB, and he is in the drug program, would it shock you if GB draft someone or went after a FA RB? Landry is what he is, I suspect he is the security blanket for Baker for awhile.

This makes 0 sense.  Aaron Jones by a mile.  
Mizelle ADP has them at 43rd and 44th off the board in current startups.  Can't get much more even than that.

I'd prefer swinging bigger with Jones, but if I had a deep backfield and needed a WR, I'd take Landry.  There's at least a decent chance that Jones never grabs control of that backfield.  Landry is boring as hell but he should be a steady contribute on a rising offense for several years still.

I like the Woods/Mack/Lindsay side 
Good exit value for Hopkins if you have a pretty bad team.  Just depends on quality of the roster in question.  On strong teams I'd prefer Hop.

FFPC, not involved

Team A gave: OJ Howard

Team B gave: Brandin Cooks and a 2020 third
OJ for me in TE premium, assuming it's a big upgrade to the current option. 

FFPC

thielen

for

1.7, Lockett, 2020 2nd
Great value for Thielen.  Probably take the Lockett side regardless of strength of squad.

Users who are viewing this thread