What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

Fair enough, I know a lot of guys whose opinions I respect like Cook.   I'm not concerned for his talent, just worry about his injury history, similar to how I felt about Fournette prior to this year.  Good deal either way I think.  I only have Gurley in one spot and am definitely worried about his long term prospects.
Funny thing is I got another offer out in another league offering Gurley and trying to get back Fournette(as part of the deal). If I do that trade I'll post it and let everyone say I lost because I know everyone is down on Fournette. I don't get to caught up in the injury stuff myself.

But yea I'm trying to move Gurley. Own him in 3 leagues and looked over the leagues, actually Thursday night before the stem cell news, and decided that in one league I'd hold him but would try and deal him in the other two if I could get the right deal. Not panicking, but looking to sale when I can. Only reason I did not make offers Thursday night was I'm tight on roster space and most offers I was thinking I'd likely need to take back 2 or 1 so I'd be better waiting till April when I could expand my roster. Then the stem cell and arthritis stuff news hit which I found unfortunate because that's not really why I'm trying to move him, not directly anyway because I feel like he'll be good to go next season. What concerns the hell out of me is what Les Snead said Thursday when he said that they were looking to add a Robin to Batman(Gurley) if not another superhero. That concerns me deeply.  Gurley is still going to be good, still a first round player, but he's not going to be a 25+ PPG difference making league winner with a reduced workload either. People can say stuff like, well he'll be like a Kamara but Gurley is a good pas receiver and Kamara is gifted and in PPR fantasy it's easier to score a lot of fantasy points on reduced usage when you catch a lot of passes. And saying that Kamara himself fell down to like RB8 and just under 20PPG from time Ingram returned.  So yea, I'm looking to exit on Gurley if I can get a return I'm seeking which usually for me needs to be getting a young high potential RB in return.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny thing is I got another offer out in another league offering Gurley and trying to get back Fournette(as part of the deal). If I do that trade I'll post it and let everyone say I lost because I know everyone is down on Fournette. I don't get to caught up in the injury stuff myself.

But yea I'm trying to move Gurley. Own him in 3 leagues and looked over the leagues, actually Thursday night before the stem cell news, and decided that in one league I'd hold him but would try and deal him in the other two if I could get the right deal. Not panicking, but looking to sale when I can. Only reason I did not make offers Thursday night was I'm tight on roster space and most offers I was thinking I'd likely need to take back 2 or 1 so I'd be better waiting till April when I could expand my roster. Then the stem cell and arthritis stuff news hit which I found unfortunate because that's not really why I'm trying to move him, not directly anyway because I feel like he'll be good to go next season. What concerns the hell out of me is what Les Snead said Thursday when he said that they were looking to add a Robin to Batman(Gurley) if not another superhero. That concerns me deeply.  Gurley is still going to be good, still a first round player, but he's not going to be a 25+ PPG difference making league winner with a reduced workload either. People can say stuff like, well he'll be like a Kamara but Gurley is a good pas receiver and Kamara is gifted and in PPR fantasy it's easier to score a lot of fantasy points on reduced usage when you catch a lot of passes. And saying that Kamara himself fell down to like RB8 and just under 20PPG from time Ingram returned.  So yea, I'm looking to exit on Gurley if I can get a return I'm seeking which usually for me needs to be getting a young high potential RB in return.
I'm probably too stubborn at times but once I put a guy into the chronic injury bin, as I have Fournette and Cook, I don't tend to change my mind until they survive multiple years injury free.

Workload is for sure the concern with Gurley.  He'll play and probably look real good at times, but he could see a sizeable reduction which will push him down to just a normal RB1, not elite elite.  My plan is to wait for the season to roll around and him to assuage some concerns with a solid couple games before I try to move him.  I could be overestimating but the stank seems high right now.

Here we go. Just went down in one of my leagues. 12 team PPR Superflex.

Team A gave up Metcalf, DK FA WR
Team B gave up Johnson, Kerryon DET RB

PPR IDP Zealots

Gave: Russell Wilson/4.11

Got: Jimmy Garoppolo/3.03

Seattle's run first philosophy coupled with Jimmy G looking competent in Shanny's offense made me take the risk. Moving up that far is fun too. And I have Rivers as a "sufficient for now" backup plan.

PPR IDP Zealots

Gave: Russell Wilson/4.11

Got: Jimmy Garoppolo/3.03

Seattle's run first philosophy coupled with Jimmy G looking competent in Shanny's offense made me take the risk. Moving up that far is fun too. And I have Rivers as a "sufficient for now" backup plan.
I think you outsmarted yourself - Wilson easily.  He was bothered by a hammy early in the year but was the #3 QB (behind Mahomes and Ben) the 2nd 1/2 of the season.  In 7 seasons he's never finished below QB1 and is only 30.  Plus, he gets a lot of rushing yards when he's right.  Garoppolo has shown flashes but at his best, he doesn't match Wilson and the pick doesn't move the needle for me.

I think you outsmarted yourself - Wilson easily.  He was bothered by a hammy early in the year but was the #3 QB (behind Mahomes and Ben) the 2nd 1/2 of the season.  In 7 seasons he's never finished below QB1 and is only 30.  Plus, he gets a lot of rushing yards when he's right.  Garoppolo has shown flashes but at his best, he doesn't match Wilson and the pick doesn't move the needle for me.
I get it. I like Wilson the player but the Seattle offense is evolving. His yardage totals have dropped drastically the last two years, but he's been buoyed by TD totals. 

And I know people don't like 2nd and 3rd round picks much but I've been able to make a lot of hay in IDP leagues with those, especially with the 54 man rosters that Zealots leagues carry.

Funny thing is I got another offer out in another league offering Gurley and trying to get back Fournette(as part of the deal). If I do that trade I'll post it and let everyone say I lost because I know everyone is down on Fournette.
As promised.

FFPC format,some fluff in this trade so bolded what is really the heart of the deal.

Gave: Gurley, McKinnon, 2.11 and two players that were not locks to remain on the roster in Tre' Quan Smith and Everett.

Got: Fournette, Lindsay,  Kupp, 2020#1(projected playoff) and fringe roster guy Hayden Hurst.

menobrown said:
As promised.

FFPC format,some fluff in this trade so bolded what is really the heart of the deal.

Gave: Gurley, McKinnon, 2.11 and two players that were not locks to remain on the roster in Tre' Quan Smith and Everett.

Got: Fournette, Lindsay,  Kupp, 2020#1(projected playoff) and fringe roster guy Hayden Hurst.
I prefer the Gurley side.

But, not by a ton. I love me some Kupp, and I think Lindsey keeps that job, so I think it’s going to work out OK for you.

12 Team PPR Dynasty:

Team A gives:  1.06...  team is QB starving, Stafford & Mariota only.

Team B gives:  Wentz

menobrown said:
As promised.

I like Gurley side by a fair bit there, but understand wanting to unload him.

New 12 Team PPR league 1 QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex 

TEAM A Gave up:  Mia RB K Drake; NOS RB D Washington; ARZ WR L Fitzgerald

TEAM B Gave up: Rookie pick 1.10; LAC WR Tyrell Williams; Minn Vikings Def

menobrown said:
As promised.

I’ll take the Lindsay/Fournette/Kupp side. Can’t trust a back who has arthritis in the same knee he tore, and is limited moving forward. Good return for Gurley. 

confused, are you saying the 1.6 pick is more value?  I have 1.6 slightly more in value that Wentz, but not enough to matter.  
yes, to me 1.6 much more valuable, very few QBs would I give a 1st for in 1 qb leagues, in fact for me I think it is only Mahomes. The position is just way too deep

I’ll take the Lindsay/Fournette/Kupp side. Can’t trust a back who has arthritis in the same knee he tore, and is limited moving forward. Good return for Gurley. 
Appreciate comments and halfway surprised it's currently two against this trade and one for because I anticipated everyone being down on this deal. Partly to do with Gurley, but also because when I traded Fournette as part of a deal to get Kelce a few weeks ago  I could tell that people are way more down on Fournette then me and also getting a vibe from people around here that they don't feel confident Lindsay maintains, which is not an opinion I share.

It's hard for me to be happy with this or my other Gurley trade I did Saturday which I had posted. It's startling how fast things can change sometimes. I'd rather have 26PPG Gurley but I think that's gone via trade or not. For me it's less of trusting a RB with arthritis or worrying about if he'll be healthy and a lot more to do with being about 100% confident his role is getting reduced for the sake of preservation. I feel like his role you saw in the SB, playing 67% of the snaps and ceding multiple entire drives to the backup RB is his new normal, probably even a little less IMO. Not the end of the world by any means for him, still a mid first round redraft guy and I'm still holding him in one FFPC league I'm just not seeing viable trade offer to make but I don't think I traded 26PPG Gurley, he had already left me.

Appreciate comments and halfway surprised it's currently two against this trade and one for because I anticipated everyone being down on this deal. Partly to do with Gurley, but also because when I traded Fournette as part of a deal to get Kelce a few weeks ago  I could tell that people are way more down on Fournette then me and also getting a vibe from people around here that they don't feel confident Lindsay maintains, which is not an opinion I share.

It's hard for me to be happy with this or my other Gurley trade I did Saturday which I had posted. It's startling how fast things can change sometimes. I'd rather have 26PPG Gurley but I think that's gone via trade or not. For me it's less of trusting a RB with arthritis or worrying about if he'll be healthy and a lot more to do with being about 100% confident his role is getting reduced for the sake of preservation. I feel like his role you saw in the SB, playing 67% of the snaps and ceding multiple entire drives to the backup RB is his new normal, probably even a little less IMO. Not the end of the world by any means for him, still a mid first round redraft guy and I'm still holding him in one FFPC league I'm just not seeing viable trade offer to make but I don't think I traded 26PPG Gurley, he had already left me.
Do you think it's correct to assign arthritis as fact based on a single tweet?  Has any other reporter done the legwork to verify the source or get independent confirmation?

I think you got pretty good value and that's despite me not being a Fournette guy and annoyed at everyone's apparent lovefest for Kupp.  Personally, I'd flip both of those guys but understand you like them.

My one question is in general, why trade Gurley now?  I feel like there's some stank on him at the moment and I dont want to weaken my position by shopping him in the one league I own him.  Do you think his perceived value goes down after the season starts if his workload is indeed reduced?  I feel like it's already priced in but perhaps I'm wrong.  My thought is to let him get on the field and have a few good games and then sell.  Do you disagree?  I guess it's all relative and you did get a nice return even if they're not "my guys".

Do you think it's correct to assign arthritis as fact based on a single tweet?  Has any other reporter done the legwork to verify the source or get independent confirmation?
It's more then a single tweet, yes other reporters have done legwork, and like I said the arthritis is not my issue, it's the reduced workload.

ETA: I put a link of an article in the Gurley thread, if you can read it I would recommend it. It's from a really good Rams beat writer wrote on the Athletic.

My one question is in general, why trade Gurley now?
It's a good question and I gave it a lot of thought and it's kind of a long answer.

I think I mentioned previously that it was Thursday night, before the stem cell news and later the arthritis report came out, that I was looking to move him. I held off because the trade offers I was looking to make involved me taking back more players then I was sending out and since roster room is a huge asset in itself right now I decided it would be best to wait until April 1 when I could expand my roster.  Thinking was nothing would really lower his value until April 1 and I'd still been seeing Gurley go top 3 in most redrafts so I felt the stink of his end of season run was already wearing off. The significance of Thursday night was that was the night Les Snead said they were looking to add the Robin to Gurley's Batman if not a add another "superhero" as Snead called it. Combined with McVay multiple times saying his workload needed to be managed and I felt strongly it was time to move, but again wanted to wait until April 1.   When the stem cell/arthritis reports came out the next few days I kicked myself for not trying to move him Thursday.

So then I weighted exactly what you are thinking right now. Just wait till season, let Gurley show he's healthy-which I actually feel pretty strongly about him being able to do when the season is ready and then if still inclined move him. Now healthy or not I still think his role was going to get reduced, but I did trust him to be active and when given an opportunity look good week one in 2019.  But I go back to Snead's comment and to me the risk of the Rams adding another high quality RB combined with the knee woes and how that might freak people out even more I felt and continue to feel that he has a sizeable risk of value dropping more once FA and more likely once the draft is completed. I'm still not panicking, still view him as mid RB1, but at this point I decided to do a price check in one league of the 3 leagues I own him.

That's when I sent the Gurley/Golladay for Dalvin/Evans deal and it was accepted in about 20 minutes with no back and forth.  Once that got accepted I felt pretty good about his current value to work on dealing him away in a second league I own him if I could accomplish my goals, which I did. I do still own him in a third FFPC league but don't see a viable trade offer to make right now so in some respect I'm hedging, but again that really has more to do with not seeing a trade offer that makes sense for me to make right now.

I think the shortest way I could have answered your question is I think risk of addition of a RB a lot better then CJ Anderson is a greater risk of Gurley losing more value then possiblity of him running around healthy looking in week one next year increases his value over what it is today.

It's more then a single tweet, yes other reporters have done legwork, and like I said the arthritis is not my issue, it's the reduced workload.

ETA: I put a link of an article in the Gurley thread, if you can read it I would recommend it. It's from a really good Rams beat writer wrote on the Athletic.
Are you sure about that?  The only thing I have ever seen is other outlets reporting that Howe made the tweet.  And that tweet quotes an unnamed source.  Even the Athletic article you pointed me to above blindly quotes that same tweet when it references arthritis at the beginning. I do not have a subscription to the Athletic, so I cannot read the entire article.  Apologies if there more meat further down.

Even you were skeptical a few posts above your Athletic post.  "I'm dubious on this report myself. Rams beat writers have been all over this story for weeks but a Patriot beat writer happens to have the scoop?"

Are you sure about that?  The only thing I have ever seen is other outlets reporting that Howe made the tweet.  And that tweet quotes an unnamed source.  Even the Athletic article you pointed me to above blindly quotes that same tweet when it references arthritis at the beginning. I do not have a subscription to the Athletic, so I cannot read the entire article.  Apologies if there more meat further down.

Even you were skeptical a few posts above your Athletic post.  "I'm dubious on this report myself. Rams beat writers have been all over this story for weeks but a Patriot beat writer happens to have the scoop?"
I made that comment before a Rams beat writer delved into the story. You got to believe what you want and make your own decisions based on information available to you. Good luck.

I made that comment before a Rams beat writer delved into the story. You got to believe what you want and make your own decisions based on information available to you. Good luck.
So you're saying that the Athletic article fully details the arthritis allegation?

So you're saying that the Athletic article fully details the arthritis allegation?
I'm 100% satisfied with the information I've gathered he has a knee issue that will result in lowering his workload and possibly shortening his career based on that article and other information I've researched.  As for that article, get a trial membership, read it and draw your own conclusions,  I've read some other stuff but that's most detailed thing I've read. It's not like the Rams are going to hold a press conference and say he has arthritis. People always say in fantasy we all have the same information and we do, it's how  people interpret the information they obtain that makes the difference. I've drawn my conclusion, you have to draw your own and if it's different then mine so be it  and I'd honestly hope that more people feel like you do, which is said without snark.

And I know people don't like 2nd and 3rd round picks much but I've been able to make a lot of hay in IDP leagues with those, especially with the 54 man rosters that Zealots leagues carry.
I'd gladly acquire 2nd and 3rds in IDP right now, especially if DL get premium points. 

12 Team PPR Dynasty:

Team A gives:  1.06...  team is QB starving, Stafford & Mariota only.

Team B gives:  Wentz

yes, to me 1.6 much more valuable, very few QBs would I give a 1st for in 1 qb leagues, in fact for me I think it is only Mahomes. The position is just way too deep
I get your logic, but it's really close in value. I like Wentz enough to give a mid 1st if desperate at qb. Although I'd probably just trade for a Mariota or older guy instead.

Sure, was mainly saying he may be at peak value because there is potential for offseason moves to tank his value. 
There's also potential for his value to spike if  KC does not sign or draft a RB of significance. Not spike from the value in that last trade but most owners right now are factoring in the risk so are not willing to pay peak value.

Users who are viewing this thread