What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

I have thought for several years now that the FFPC should offer these kinds of leagues.  Some of the orphaned teams are so bad I dont know how they keep leagues going.

Many of them I would not take if the first two years were free.
I would not either but major kudos to them for ALWAYS getting them filled.

Several years go I remember Wayne, Coltsfan, kept pushing for 3 year dynasty leagues.  A few people expressed interest but was not getting a lot of steam. I got zero interest in that myself.

I would hope that this was before the new news came out otherwise the guy giving up Williams and Herndon isn’t the smartest
I got to think that's one of those cases where a trade offer was made previously to the audio coming out and it was hanging out there and dude forgot or did not have time to rescind the offer.

I got to think that's one of those cases where a trade offer was made previously to the audio coming out and it was hanging out there and dude forgot or did not have time to rescind the offer.
I could see that scernio...b**** move by the previous hill owner of that’s the case

I could see that scernio...b**** move by the previous hill owner of that’s the case
I feel like that is what had to have happened and yes it's a sorry move.

But this also reminds me of a trade offer I got Tuesday in an FFPC league. I know this is completed trade thread, spare me this one story peeps.

Right after the DA press conference on Tuesday I was out and about and got email on my phone with a trade offer.  The guy was offering me one high quality keeper, Davante Adams, along with a collection of late round picks and spares and if you bundled the spares and picks together you'd likely still be short funds to buy a late first. All he wanted in return was Tyreek Hill, Hunter Henry, Leonard Fournette, Desaun Watson and pick 1.3.  I forgot about the trade,  thought it did not merit any kind of courteous or quick  response. After the audio story broke yesterday I see another email where he has rescinded the trade. I laughed. This guy must have really thought I was going to take that trade once Hill's value got reduced to rubble. Seemed funny to me but maybe I'm not high enough on Adams,  but if Deshaun Watson drove off a cliff with Tyreek Hill in his trunk I'd still have said no.

Another trade in my down to the studs level rebuild.  10 team superflex PPR.

I sent:

Antonio Brown

For:

2020 1st (likely 7-10), 2020 3rd (same,) Eric Ebron, Dante Pettis.

On the surface it felt/looked a little light, but of the five teams in my league I would classify as "win now" four of them told me they didn't want AB on their roster.  Not sure if it's the age, the wild behavior on social media or the downgrade to the Raiders.  Market was nil.  Plus side now have two 2020 1sts, three 2nds and two 3rds.  Should be afforded maximum flexibility with that type of capital.  

Solid return for AB in an offseason where most owners are afraid of him.  I have resigned myself to sitting on my shares until/if he starts producing like vintage AB during the season.

Solid return for AB in an offseason where most owners are afraid of him.  I have resigned myself to sitting on my shares until/if he starts producing like vintage AB during the season.
That was my thought initially, but I wasn't just getting "no I don't want him at your valuation" it was "under no circumstances am I trading for him."  With only 1/5 win now teams showing interest I elected to cash out rather than risk getting nothing.  He was the last of my prime assets to unload so not the attention turns towards 1.2 and 1.4 and likely consolidating all those 2020 picks.  

Put Tyreek on the block in one league and 5 minutes later had this offer.

Give: Hill

Get: 2.10 and 3.11

took it and ran
Wow. I shipped him last month in two leagues when I became convinced he was going down and got a whole lot more than this, and there were comments about how the mighty had fallen. This deal is the low water mark that I have seen so far. But I get it also.

What are you waiting for? 
I just keep thinking, they let Mike Vick back in the league after prison. AP came back after beating his kid's bean bag. I know Hill is just a huge POS but I honestly think he plays again, not saying he DESERVES to play again, but seems like if you're an all pro at a skill position, and you help NFL ratings, you get a second chance. 

I just keep thinking, they let Mike Vick back in the league after prison. AP came back after beating his kid's bean bag. I know Hill is just a huge POS but I honestly think he plays again, not saying he DESERVES to play again, but seems like if you're an all pro at a skill position, and you help NFL ratings, you get a second chance. 
I'm honestly not saying anything if you choose to keep him, but for myself I'd just want him off my team (and I do have him on one roster). To actually get something for him would be gravy.

I see it as the time value of money. 

2.4 today gets you a player you can use/trade for the next season+ that Hill is out of the league. 

And there’s a great chance that the price to acquire him will be no worse than whatever current year 2.4 pick in the season he returns. 

I see it as the time value of money. 

2.4 today gets you a player you can use/trade for the next season+ that Hill is out of the league. 

And there’s a great chance that the price to acquire him will be no worse than whatever current year 2.4 pick in the season he returns. 
I simply put out a message that says “free Tyreek Hill make an offer” and haven’t even been offered a 3rd...

Wow. I shipped him last month in two leagues when I became convinced he was going down and got a whole lot more than this, and there were comments about how the mighty had fallen. This deal is the low water mark that I have seen so far. But I get it also.
Yeah that was a month ago when I and many other owners were hoping that tyreek wasn’t a terrible person and hadn’t hurt his kid like the possible reports said. I was offered the 1.1 straight up for him at 1 point and considered it very much but I didn’t love any of the potential picks and decided to risk that he didn’t do anything and would only get 6 games-a year suspension.

the gamble didn’t work out and if I could go back and take the offer I would but I can’t and was very happy to get a late second for a guy that probably won’t play in the NFL again

Yeah that was a month ago when I and many other owners were hoping that tyreek wasn’t a terrible person and hadn’t hurt his kid like the possible reports said. I was offered the 1.1 straight up for him at 1 point and considered it very much but I didn’t love any of the potential picks and decided to risk that he didn’t do anything and would only get 6 games-a year suspension.

the gamble didn’t work out and if I could go back and take the offer I would but I can’t and was very happy to get a late second for a guy that probably won’t play in the NFL again
agreed, it was always likely to end up unbalanced like this with people either way overselling or way underselling. It was just a matter of what side you were gambling on. The late 2nd right now I'd take and run

Another trade in my down to the studs level rebuild.  10 team superflex PPR.

I sent:

Antonio Brown

For:

2020 1st (likely 7-10), 2020 3rd (same,) Eric Ebron, Dante Pettis.

On the surface it felt/looked a little light, but of the five teams in my league I would classify as "win now" four of them told me they didn't want AB on their roster.  Not sure if it's the age, the wild behavior on social media or the downgrade to the Raiders.  Market was nil.  Plus side now have two 2020 1sts, three 2nds and two 3rds.  Should be afforded maximum flexibility with that type of capital.  
Wish I could get this return....

Best offer I got was Lamar Miller.

Just feel like crap. Accepted 2.4 for T. Hill. So basically 1 month ago I traded away OJ Howard and 1.6 for 2.4 and 2.11. Ughhh  :bag:

Just feel like crap. Accepted 2.4 for T. Hill. So basically 1 month ago I traded away OJ Howard and 1.6 for 2.4 and 2.11. Ughhh  :bag:
Honestly you're kind of a hero.  Kudos on being able to cut your losses and get something back.

This is like sitting down at a blackjack table with $100, losing $70 of it and deciding to just walk away with your 30 bucks instead of putting it all-in on the next hand.  I have never accomplished such a feat in my entire life.

This not generally the way toward success in dynasty leagues, lol.

But now you can look back at your process and attitude over the past month or so to determine if you would make the same moves on the same information.  If you were willing to accept the inherent risk that his value would drop to zero (or 2.4), then you cannot be terribly upset at the gamble. 

I'm quite a bit more risk-averse, and I was in a situation where I felt like my team was building toward the future rather than trying to win now.  As such, I sold Hill as soon as the first smoke was reported, rather than take the chance that I get burned entirely.

tangfoot said:
This not generally the way toward success in dynasty leagues, lol.

But now you can look back at your process and attitude over the past month or so to determine if you would make the same moves on the same information.  If you were willing to accept the inherent risk that his value would drop to zero (or 2.4), then you cannot be terribly upset at the gamble. 
Unfortunately I hooked my wagon to a poster here that said his sources had Hill completely in the clear. I trusted a source I shouldn't have trusted clearly. :(

Had this offer sitting for a week. Felt it would be pulled if I waited after tonight's draft. 12 team PPR. How did I do? 

Gave: 1.6 and Lamar Jackson

Got: 1.9, 1.12, 2.9

I dealt Bell for Hill before any of this news broke.  That’s a sunk cost.

Just got an offer of two future late 2nds for him, post audio release (and confirmed the owner had in fact seen the news).

Based on the other deals being discussed here, this looks like a good return, but I honestly feel like the chances of hitting on a 20-24 pick next year is low enough that I might as well keep Hill and see if he “gets off” with a year out of football.

Maybe I’m nuts.  Maybe blinded by sunk cost/past value.  Probably holding the next Josh Gordon at best.

I dealt Bell for Hill before any of this news broke.  That’s a sunk cost.

Just got an offer of two future late 2nds for him, post audio release (and confirmed the owner had in fact seen the news).

Based on the other deals being discussed here, this looks like a good return, but I honestly feel like the chances of hitting on a 20-24 pick next year is low enough that I might as well keep Hill and see if he “gets off” with a year out of football.

Maybe I’m nuts.  Maybe blinded by sunk cost/past value.  Probably holding the next Josh Gordon at best.
I would take that and run, personally.

Users who are viewing this thread