What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (36 Viewers)

Would loved to have asked opinions BEFORE making this trade, but I felt the value was too good to pass on. 

12 team FFPC 

gave: 2020 2nd (likely mid/late. Top scoring team last year but finished 4th. Likely losing T HIll for part/all this year)

got: 2020 3rd (very early, could likely be 3.1), 2020 4th (likely 4.1), 2020 4th (late), 2020 5th (likely 5.1)

i know folks love the 2020 draft (I still have my 2020 1st rounder) so was hesitant to give up a 2nd in what’s supposed to be a great rookie draft, but felt the odds of my 2nd and his 3rd being only 5 or 6 picks apart seemed like a win to gain all those extra picks. 

This other team totally tanked season 1 of this league last year, accumulated 11 early picks in 2019 (6 1st and 5 2nd rounders) and now has 11 early 2020 picks (5 1st and 6 2nd rounders). So even though this guy has almost half of the 1st 2 rounds this and next year, I thought the value was in my favor. Thoughts?
TL;DR:

gave 2020 mid-to-late 2nd

got 2020 very-early-3rd, 2020 early 4th, 2020 late 4th, 2020 early 5th

12 teams, Superflex, ppr

Gave: AB

Got: Moore, Kirk and a mid 3rd

I'm a contender, so this hurts a little in the short term. But I like Moore and want more exposure to him. I also think Kirk could surprise some people going forward. As much as I love AB, I think this is the last year where you will be able to cash out. I wouldn't be surprised if Moore is worth more than AB this time next year. What do you guys think?
Would snap accept your side.

Value seems to be on par with a mid to late second round startup pick.

Only league I'm in he got traded this off-season was a league I gave Julio for him straight up and that was a few weeks ago and to me that was just dealing an older stud WR for an older stud RB and I just did it because my roster was heavier at WR then RB.

I think people are just sending you low offers due to the fiasco currently going on with the Jets but really that should mean nothing to Bell.
Id be happy with a older stud WR, hoping it trends back that way.

12 team PPR dynasty 

Gave: Kerryon, Allen Robinson, 3.4

Got: Guice, Campbell, 2.8 

I'm a Skins homer, so might have been blinded a tad by that, but do like Campbell's prospects and offense better than Robinson, and like 2.8 over 3.4. Solid move or homerism strikes again? 

12 team PPR dynasty 

Gave: Kerryon, Allen Robinson, 3.4

Got: Guice, Campbell, 2.8 

I'm a Skins homer, so might have been blinded a tad by that, but do like Campbell's prospects and offense better than Robinson, and like 2.8 over 3.4. Solid move or homerism strikes again? 
Totally shocked by the bolded,  I respect your opinion but that's just crazy talk.

Seriously thought it was a pretty even trade but I'd lean your side.  I thought Kerryon looked tremendous last year, but his upright running style and fairly thin build does worry me about his ability to remain healthy plus you got a coach trying to be Bellichick Jr and impact that might have on his usage. All in all I'd put Kerryon equal to Guice, I'd take Parris over Robinson and then of course the slight pick upgrade. So I lean your side but an equitable trade IMO.

FFPC:

Gave: Darrell Henderson

Got: Hockenson

I had got shut out on Hockenson on my rookie drafts so was happy to see this offer. Position wise it makes no sense for my team since I'm fairly thin at RB and have an army of TE's but my team is not a contender so for this year not worrying about positions, just trying add as much long term talent as I can.

FFPC:

Gave: Darrell Henderson

Got: Hockenson

I had got shut out on Hockenson on my rookie drafts so was happy to see this offer. Position wise it makes no sense for my team since I'm fairly thin at RB and have an army of TE's but my team is not a contender so for this year not worrying about positions, just trying add as much long term talent as I can.
Where were they drafted. Seems odd to do this trade at this point for the person who drafted first.

Traded Dalvin Cook + Pettis + 1.02 for Barkley + 2.12 + 3.14.

Honestly, I dont like the trade, but i know I can get more for Barkley, like maybe a new house. How long should I wait to put him on the block, just for the purpose of not being rude?

Where were they drafted. Seems odd to do this trade at this point for the person who drafted first.
Hockenson went 4th and Henderson 10th which I agree is odd but I think I can explain it in a way that makes some sense.

Team I traded with is someone I have draft conversations with during off-season, Henderson has been his #1 RB for months. When he picked Hockenson at 4 it was 2 weeks ago ago. Maybe he thought or tried to get back into round one to get Henderson but what he could not have known for sure was he'd later draft Irv Smith, Oliver and even Darren Waller to go with Ebron/Herndon. So he ended up more flush at TE then he probably originally thought.

So that draft was two weeks ago and we were in another draft together last week. In that draft he went ahead and just took Henderson at 4 when Hockenson was available so he'd reached he point a week later where he clearly felt more comfortable taking Henderson over Hockenson.

12 team PPR 

Traded Jared Cook and 2.8 pick for JJAW. Roster below (I think it made sense as I have really good TE now) 

Big Ben, Wentz 

Barkley, Guice, Lindsay, Darrell Henderson, Lewis, Gio
AB, Mike Williams, Pettis, AJ Brown, Campbell, Crowder, Isabella, Samuel, JJAW, Quinn

Howard, Fant, Gesicki

Traded Dalvin Cook + Pettis + 1.02 for Barkley + 2.12 + 3.14.

Honestly, I dont like the trade, but i know I can get more for Barkley, like maybe a new house. How long should I wait to put him on the block, just for the purpose of not being rude?
So you gave an rb who struggled with injuries, a guy who'll be the second wr on his team and the second pick in a weak draft for the best player in fantasy football and picks.  And you're complaining.

Some people can't ever be happy I guess.

Yeah, hate to keep the #1 overall dynasty asset on my teams 
I'd rather have what I can get for him. Maybe the #5 dynasty asset + whatever.

So you gave an rb who struggled with injuries, a guy who'll be the second wr on his team and the second pick in a weak draft for the best player in fantasy football and picks.  And you're complaining.

Some people can't ever be happy I guess.
You are making me out to be an ingrate, but oh well. Why, because we disagree on a few players?

I wasnt really complaining so much either, just dont agree with the Barkley's extreme value. I'm also high on Cook and Miles Sanders (#2 pick). But he since he threw in the 2.12 and 3.14, I couldnt say no.

I'm still going to trade him though.
I would very much look to trade him also.  However, it will be hard to do so because I doubt someone pays what you need.  

I wonder if the other guy shopped him at all?  The other owners will probably be ticked off that he either sold Barkley cheap without shopping him, or maybe he took a worse offer than what they were offering.   I dont think people will be lining up with godfather offers

I would very much look to trade him also.  However, it will be hard to do so because I doubt someone pays what you need.  

I wonder if the other guy shopped him at all?  The other owners will probably be ticked off that he either sold Barkley cheap without shopping him, or maybe he took a worse offer than what they were offering.   I dont think people will be lining up with godfather offers
He was trying to buy dalvin cook for a bunch of dollar store toys. I sent cook + 1.02 for barkley as a counter, really just trying to be funny. He came back with cook + 1.02 + Pettis. 

So yeah, I dont know he was shopping Barkley. I guess he really likes cook. I feel like I took advantage of him. 😔

Last edited by a moderator:
He was trying to buy dalvin cook for a bunch of dollar store toys. I sent cook + 1.02 as a counter, really just trying to be funny. He came back with cook + 1.02 + Pettis. 

So yeah, I dont know he was shopping Barkley. I guess he really likes cook. I feel like I took advantage of him. 😔
You pay your money and you take your chances. What are you supposed to do when someone makes you lopsided offer? It’s not like you went out making a bunch of garbage offers. In fact it was the opposite and you somehow flipped the grift on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was trying to buy dalvin cook for a bunch of dollar store toys. I sent cook + 1.02 for barkley as a counter, really just trying to be funny. He came back with cook + 1.02 + Pettis. 

I'd take Barkley easily there but it isn't the worst deal we've seen. 

You pay your money and you take your chances. What are you supposed to do when someone makes you lopsided offer? It’s not like you went out making a bunch of garbage offers. In fact it was the opposite and you somehow flipped the grift on him.
Let's me ask a question of ediquitte: how soon can I start shopping him? I plan to flip barkely, but I would feel really bad moving him immediately.

Let's me ask a question of ediquitte: how soon can I start shopping him? I plan to flip barkely, but I would feel really bad moving him immediately.
It’s hard, because you can’t exactly go on the message board and say “I sent a counter to his repeated lowball offers on cook, and he countered with that.” I’d maybe pm owners with players you like asking if they have any interest and how the trade came about. 

Would loved to have asked opinions BEFORE making this trade, but I felt the value was too good to pass on. 

12 team FFPC 

gave: 2020 2nd (likely mid/late. Top scoring team last year but finished 4th. Likely losing T HIll for part/all this year)

got: 2020 3rd (very early, could likely be 3.1), 2020 4th (likely 4.1), 2020 4th (late), 2020 5th (likely 5.1)

i know folks love the 2020 draft (I still have my 2020 1st rounder) so was hesitant to give up a 2nd in what’s supposed to be a great rookie draft, but felt the odds of my 2nd and his 3rd being only 5 or 6 picks apart seemed like a win to gain all those extra picks. 

This other team totally tanked season 1 of this league last year, accumulated 11 early picks in 2019 (6 1st and 5 2nd rounders) and now has 11 early 2020 picks (5 1st and 6 2nd rounders). So even though this guy has almost half of the 1st 2 rounds this and next year, I thought the value was in my favor. Thoughts?
I don’t see much reason to make a deal like this now - it could backfire terribly and it would likely still be available to you (or something close) even during the draft next year.

I don’t see how there can be any etiquette concerns with flipping him right away. It’s your right since he’s now your asset. The guy should in theory be happy with his deal so why should he care what happens to Barkley next?

It’s hard, because you can’t exactly go on the message board and say “I sent a counter to his repeated lowball offers on cook, and he countered with that.” I’d maybe pm owners with players you like asking if they have any interest and how the trade came about. 
I’ve seen people make deals and then post the player (or one of the players) they acquired is “available”. I’ve never seen any blowback on that practice. I try to play this game as ethically as possible and don’t see the issue with immediately flipping a guy you just acquired. I’ve never done it but that’s only because I usually want to guys I acquire.

And then you asked for more?? Wtf...

16 team PPR league

Traded

2.06, 2.08, future 3rd (Team had pick 10 slot this year)

for

2020 1st round pick (Team had pick 3 slot this year)

Needless to say, you won.
I asked him about the deal he said he thinks he can compete this year for a playoff spot.  So if he turns it around and his pick ends up 11-16 then it makes it more even.

If he does poor again and ends up a top 6 pick then I feel really great about the trade because this draft was going sideways for me.

I came into the draft with picks 5, 19, 21, 22, 24, 26, 37 and basically everyone I wanted has gone in the top 17 so by the time we even get to 22 I will have drafted 2 of the last remaining guys I really like and would been in the tier of guys I only like ok.  So even if the future 1st is middling it won't be so bad to me.

So I took some time to look this up, , and I came to the conclusion, that Norv Turner basically means nothing for TE production. The only 2 TE's who produced big years were Antonio Gates(a HOF TE, who had better numbers before Turner got there) and Jordan Cameron, who was on a team that set a franchise record for pass attempts, only the 2018 Steelers, 2012 Lions, and 1994 Patriots had more.

Other than those 2 examples, its basically nothing, unless you go back 25 years to Jay Novacek, and he too, like Gates, was better before Turner got there. 

I don't know how Turner got a rep as a TE guy, because his history certainly shows its not the case.
I agree with your main point, but at the same time it doesn't eliminate the possibility of Thomas becoming a relevant asset. When I look at Norv's history I see a talent focused approach: If a player has the talent the ball will find him. When Norv had a player of Gates caliber TE was a focus of the offense. When he didn't the ball went elsewhere. What we know today is that Olsen has chronic foot issues and only been able to play 50% of the time L2Y. We also know that it generally takes TEs a few years to establish themselves in the league. Thomas showed improvement throughout the year culminating in 3 double digit games in the last quarter of the season. 

I like Thomas' chances to become a relevant fantasy asset. It may take a year but in context of the bleak TE landscape I think he is worthwhile risk.  

joey said:
TL;DR:

gave 2020 mid-to-late 2nd

got 2020 very-early-3rd, 2020 early 4th, 2020 late 4th, 2020 early 5th
In terms of trade value, you got fleeced. 3rds and later are essentially worthless. You’re getting multiple dart throws from 100 feet in exchange for one from 15 feet. 

In terms of trade value, you got fleeced. 3rds and later are essentially worthless. You’re getting multiple dart throws from 100 feet in exchange for one from 15 feet. 
And if that 3rd is the 3.1 (extremely likely if you see this dude’s roster) and my 2nd is a 2.9 to 2.12? I made the deal since I think I moved down 5-6 picks at most to gain 3 free dart throws. 

Just traded away Doctson for Bears D in one of my PPR dynasty leagues.  :bag:

I had to cut someone to pickup a defense so felt it was the only move I had to make. Can't decide if I'm smart or if I make Forest Gump look like a genius. On the plus side (even if I am an idiot) I have one hell of a roster in my 12 team league:

Luck, Winston

Zeke, Gurley, Fournette, D. Freeman, Lindsay, Henderson, Justice Hill

Hopkins, Evans, Hill, Julio, Deebo Samuel, Hollywood Brown, JJAW, Hardman, Diontae Johnson, Callaway

Kelce, Engram

Bears D

By the first week of the regular season I'll have to cut someone (or trade) for a kicker. Real world problems I tells ya.... 

Users who are viewing this thread