What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

12 team ppr, start 2RB/3WR/TE/Flex, trying to shore up roster for a repeat run:

gave 2020 2nd and 3rd

got Herndon and J Williams (have Engram at TE and Jones at RB)

gave Rivers, Oliver and 2020 4th

got Cam and Allen (Rivers same bye as Mahomes)

draft is a combo devy rookie, once 12 devy players rostered no more picked. Guessing my late 2nd is like a mid 2nd in a straight rookie draft. Still have my 1st and Jeudy is my devy

12 Team PPR

Team A gave up Wentz, Carson PHI QB; Andrews, Mark BAL TE

Team B gave up Brown, A.J. TEN WR; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B

Team A has Lamar Jackson and TJ Hockenson and is in rebuild mode.

Team Bs 1st will probably be 1.05-1.08 if I had to guess. 

Last edited by a moderator:
12 Team PPR

This is actually very fair IMO

Checked Dynasty Trade Calculator and it agrees... incredibly close. Congrats to both teams for making a move that makes sense to both. 

Saw this today in an FFPC league

Fuller & a 2nd (early to mid)

For

Chark

I don’t think it’s that far off...more than one first for sure
Two 1sts is terribly far off in a non ppr league for Thielen. Guy is 29 years old and has scored in double figures in non-ppr just 4 times in his last 13 games.  He’s gone 9 (NINE!) straight games receiving 8 or less targets.  You’re chasing a magical 8 game stretch that Thielen had at the start of last season, when the Vikings were passing way more than their head coach likes, if you’re parting with two 1sts for that.  He’s not a difference maker.  Go burn a 2nd (or less) on someone like Desean Jackson and use those 1sts to try to hit the lottery.

Obj side for me
I thought so too. Thought the guy could have gotten a bit more for obj, and I am very negative on obj and Watkins. 

ETA: Although, I was not willing to pay what he got. He did offer OBJ to me and I was not interested much at all

10 Team Dyno Standard scoring NO PPR...

Team B recieves- M Evans 

Team A recieves- Fournette

2nd deal with Team A 

Team C recieves- 1st and 3rd(both late, 7-10 range)

Team A recieves- Mixon, Benard

Team A only had Montgomery and Guice at RB and also owned C Godwin

10 Team Dyno Standard scoring NO PPR...

Team B recieves- M Evans 

Team A recieves- Fournette

2nd deal with Team A 

Team C recieves- 1st and 3rd(both late, 7-10 range)

Team A recieves- Mixon, Benard

Team A only had Montgomery and Guice at RB and also owned C Godwin
Evans And Mixon.  Both easily. 

I would flip Mixon since he's worth way more than 1 first... 

12 team ppr, start 2RB/3WR/TE/Flex, trying to shore up roster for a repeat run:

gave 2020 2nd and 3rd

got Herndon and J Williams (have Engram at TE and Jones at RB)

gave Rivers, Oliver and 2020 4th

got Cam and Allen (Rivers same bye as Mahomes)

draft is a combo devy rookie, once 12 devy players rostered no more picked. Guessing my late 2nd is like a mid 2nd in a straight rookie draft. Still have my 1st and Jeudy is my devy
I can’t give away Herndon or Williams, think you got fleeced here.

Cam one is fine.

12 Team PPR

Brown and the pick

I made both of these trades last Tuesday, not sure anything changed from this past weeks games.

I offered the second trade that went down first, had a reason to think he might take it but was not sure. While I was waiting for him to decide I got the first offer and took it, the deal where I'll get Julio.  Not sure I'd have done the first trade that netted me Julio if I knew the second trade would go down but what's done is done.

First trade:

Received: Julio, Larry Fitz, Garapollo (cut him when I did second trade and went over roster)

Gave: Lamar Jackson, Diontae Johnson, projected late 2020#2 which is  pick 2.11 at time of trade.

Rationale: have Watson but hated losing Lamar and I think  Diontae could be special in time. Julio is great but hate paying for a 30.5 year old WR. But this is a team that has lost Antonio Brown for foreseeable future and when  I did trade I had  just 3 WR's I can really trust to put in my lineup and not saying this in hindsight but had concerns on them staying healthy. Then I watched two of go down this weekened, Amari and Sanders.

Second trade:

Gave: gave two 2020#1's, mine which I mentioned earlier is projected late and other team should also easily be a playoff team.

Got: Michael Thomas

Rationale: I LOVE this draft class. This league in particular eats up RB's early in rookie drafts(I actually drafted Michael Thomas at 1.12 in rookie  and traded him away after his rookie year for two #1's due to RB need). So comparing apples to apples I'm pretty sure if I kept the picks I'd be able to draft at least two really attractive WR prospects if I was inclined. But to me this was classic example of one in the hand or two in the bush and with Thomas just 26 and a huge assist to me this year  had to do this despite fact I loathed giving up those #1's.

End result on what ended up a huge day of dealing:

Gave:  two 2020 #1's projected playoff, 2020#2 projected playoff, Lamar Jackson and Diontae Johnson

Got: Michael Thomas, Julio, Fitzgerald.

Happened in my league, 12 team 0.5ppr league 

Team  A starting a re build -  gave Fournette

Team B - gave 2020 1st mid to late, 2021 2nd, DK Metcalf and Noah Fant 

Personally, I thought that seemed like an awful lot to give up for Fournette. Metcalf and Fant are like a mid 1st and high 2nd each as well, going by where they were drafted, and Metcalf has looked pretty good 

Happened in my league, 12 team 0.5ppr league 

Team  A starting a re build -  gave Fournette

Team B - gave 2020 1st mid to late, 2021 2nd, DK Metcalf and Noah Fant 

Personally, I thought that seemed like an awful lot to give up for Fournette. Metcalf and Fant are like a mid 1st and high 2nd each as well, going by where they were drafted, and Metcalf has looked pretty good 
Agreed. Metcalf puts it over the top for me. 

In the midst of what was supposed to be a tear it down to the studs rebuild this year.  Naturally started the season 5-1 (soon to be 6-1).  All that said the top two teams in this league are so head and shoulder above everyone else I'm not going to pivot to make win now moves chasing 3rd place.

This Thursday made a trade with one of the aforementioned juggernauts:

I sent:

Patriots D

I received:

Diontae Johnson

Lions D/ST

2020 3rd (3rd party, likely pick 3-5).

In the midst of what was supposed to be a tear it down to the studs rebuild this year.  Naturally started the season 5-1 (soon to be 6-1).  All that said the top two teams in this league are so head and shoulder above everyone else I'm not going to pivot to make win now moves chasing 3rd place.

This Thursday made a trade with one of the aforementioned juggernauts:

I sent:

Patriots D

I received:

Diontae Johnson

Lions D/ST

2020 3rd (3rd party, likely pick 3-5).
DST values are so up and down year to year that this is an easy trade to make.

I did a similar deal in 2017 when I gave up the Jacksonville DST for Kenny Golladay.  JAX D was lighting it up and was far and away the best DST that year, but I jumped at that trade and have reaped the benefits since.

Similarly, Diontae Johnson is a young, upside WR who has flashed (much like Golladay in 2017).

Great job.

Not much trading happening lately in my 12 team PPR Keep 20.  Had this one go down over the weekend, pretty meh overall

Team A gave Emmanuel Sanders 

Team B gave LeSean McCoy

Not much trading happening lately in my 12 team PPR Keep 20.  Had this one go down over the weekend, pretty meh overall

Team A gave Emmanuel Sanders 

Team B gave LeSean McCoy
Ugh, this one just comes down to team need I guess. I suppose in a vacuum I’d take sanders. 

I made both of these trades last Tuesday, not sure anything changed from this past weeks games.

I offered the second trade that went down first, had a reason to think he might take it but was not sure. While I was waiting for him to decide I got the first offer and took it, the deal where I'll get Julio.  Not sure I'd have done the first trade that netted me Julio if I knew the second trade would go down but what's done is done.

First trade:

Received: Julio, Larry Fitz, Garapollo (cut him when I did second trade and went over roster)

Gave: Lamar Jackson, Diontae Johnson, projected late 2020#2 which is  pick 2.11 at time of trade.

Rationale: have Watson but hated losing Lamar and I think  Diontae could be special in time. Julio is great but hate paying for a 30.5 year old WR. But this is a team that has lost Antonio Brown for foreseeable future and when  I did trade I had  just 3 WR's I can really trust to put in my lineup and not saying this in hindsight but had concerns on them staying healthy. Then I watched two of go down this weekened, Amari and Sanders.

Second trade:

Gave: gave two 2020#1's, mine which I mentioned earlier is projected late and other team should also easily be a playoff team.

Rationale: I LOVE this draft class. This league in particular eats up RB's early in rookie drafts(I actually drafted Michael Thomas at 1.12 in rookie  and traded him away after his rookie year for two #1's due to RB need). So comparing apples to apples I'm pretty sure if I kept the picks I'd be able to draft at least two really attractive WR prospects if I was inclined. But to me this was classic example of one in the hand or two in the bush and with Thomas just 26 and a huge assist to me this year  had to do this despite fact I loathed giving up those #1's.

Gave:  two 2020 #1's projected playoff, 2020#2 projected playoff, Lamar Jackson and Diontae Johnson

I like both deals for you, when you have an open window you have to go for it. Thomas is young and Julio should remain elite for couple more years

FFPC,

I have a team that has dominated season to date, FFPC is Victory points and I'll have maximum possible of 24 after 6 weeks. Yet my team is weak at rb in that my 2 main guys have been Josh Jacobs and Ekeler to date.

I gave Jason Witten and my 2020 1st (late)

got

Chris Carson

FFPC,

I have a team that has dominated season to date, FFPC is Victory points and I'll have maximum possible of 24 after 6 weeks. Yet my team is weak at rb in that my 2 main guys have been Josh Jacobs and Ekeler to date.

got

Chris Carson
Steal.

FFPC,

got

Chris Carson
Dirty. Why would someone give Carson for that? Ugh. 

FFPC,

got

Chris Carson
I'd rather have the 2020 first.  Carson won't last.

Witten is garbage. 

The various trade analyzers find this to be even. 

kittenmittens said:

Witten is garbage. 

The various trade analyzers find this to be even. 
Speaking of those ... have you found one that you use exclusively? Seems they all have some variance, and really don’t take into account the recent performance/trends of certain players.

Joe Mixon for example still commands a heavy price, but yet DJ Chark or McLaurin a valued very low.

kittenmittens said:
I thought the same about Carson last year when they drafted penny. You probably know this but he had over 1300 total yards and 9 touchdowns. I thought the same thing this year when Carson had a couple fumbles early in the season but this year he's on pace for over 1700 yards and 11 touchdowns. At what point do you just acknowledge that Pete Carroll loves this kid?

menobrown said:

First trade:

Second trade:

Cheap for Thomas if those look like obvious late 1st’s. He’s arguably the #1 dynasty WR right now, very hard to pry him away from owners.

Speaking of those ... have you found one that you use exclusively? Seems they all have some variance, and really don’t take into account the recent performance/trends of certain players.

Joe Mixon for example still commands a heavy price, but yet DJ Chark or McLaurin a valued very low.
Not really exclusively - I just use them to make sure my offers are balanced and I'm not sending crap offers per consensus value.  I agree that they tend to lag a bit.  DTC seems to be fairly on the ball with that, but maybe that is recency bias?

I think DLF, DTC, Dynasty101, and Dynasty.Tools all have pretty comparable evaluators, and two of them are free (the latter).  

Sold Dare and 2020 3rd (bottom 3) for Drew Lock and Peyton Barber. Could use emergency rb help and I figured a flier on Lock isnt bad. If he does well maybe I can flip him for a 2nd 

Cheap for Thomas if those look like obvious late 1st’s. He’s arguably the #1 dynasty WR right now, very hard to pry him away from owners.
I can't disagree and yes they look like late 1's or at minimum playoff teams.

The bolded part of what you wrote is especially interesting to me as it pertains to this trade. Because while I thought the value was good for Thomas I also could have kicked in Deebo with the two #'1s, so for extra added cost of Deebo I could have had Hopkins over Thomas.  It's close to me between the two, and a few others deserve to be in the argument IMO, but I  can honestly say if Deebo was removed from the request to get Hopkins I'd have still taken Thomas.

I’m being offered Nuk for Chark and my 2021 1st (5 keeper so like 6th round redraft with top rooks. No ppr)

I’m going to take it. 

doowain said:
DST values are so up and down year to year that this is an easy trade to make.

I did a similar deal in 2017 when I gave up the Jacksonville DST for Kenny Golladay.  JAX D was lighting it up and was far and away the best DST that year, but I jumped at that trade and have reaped the benefits since.

Similarly, Diontae Johnson is a young, upside WR who has flashed (much like Golladay in 2017).

Great job.
Yea most DST values (especially with extreme outliers like NE D so far) are dependent on turnovers and defensive TD's, which tend to be highly variable.  Also has the added benefit of getting the Pats D out of my lineup, which given how they're playing might help me lose a few more games.  If I won't win the title, then I'd rather pick 1.5 in 2020 than 1.7 or 8.  Additionally the extra third helps.  I've got 2 2020 1sts, 2 seconds, and now three thirds.  The plan is to eventually consolidate some of those picks into a trade up or as add ons during offseason deals.  Every little bit of ammo help.s 

Just traded Frank Gore (who plays the Dolphins horrible run defense this week) for Ronald Jones (who's on bye).  If I lose, but would have won with Gore I'll kick myself.

Users who are viewing this thread