Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2019 IN-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

I’m being offered Nuk for Chark and my 2021 1st (5 keeper so like 6th round redraft with top rooks. No ppr)

I’m going to take it. 

55 minutes ago, ratbast said:

I’m being offered Nuk for Chark and my 2021 1st (5 keeper so like 6th round redraft with top rooks. No ppr)

I’m going to take it. 

Take Nuk and run as fast as you can.

• Like 1

2QB 0.5 PPR league

Gave: Gardner Minshew, Austin Ekeler, Mike Williams & late 1st

Received: Amari Cooper & early 2nd

20 hours ago, doowain said:

DST values are so up and down year to year that this is an easy trade to make.

I did a similar deal in 2017 when I gave up the Jacksonville DST for Kenny Golladay.  JAX D was lighting it up and was far and away the best DST that year, but I jumped at that trade and have reaped the benefits since.

Similarly, Diontae Johnson is a young, upside WR who has flashed (much like Golladay in 2017).

Great job.

Yea most DST values (especially with extreme outliers like NE D so far) are dependent on turnovers and defensive TD's, which tend to be highly variable.  Also has the added benefit of getting the Pats D out of my lineup, which given how they're playing might help me lose a few more games.  If I won't win the title, then I'd rather pick 1.5 in 2020 than 1.7 or 8.  Additionally the extra third helps.  I've got 2 2020 1sts, 2 seconds, and now three thirds.  The plan is to eventually consolidate some of those picks into a trade up or as add ons during offseason deals.  Every little bit of ammo help.s 

Just traded Frank Gore (who plays the Dolphins horrible run defense this week) for Ronald Jones (who's on bye).  If I lose, but would have won with Gore I'll kick myself.

Can't believe it got accepted but 12 team PPR deep dynasty league.

Sent - Tribusky, Ito Smith, Jake Kumerov, 4th

Got - Kyler, Hooper, 5th.

Owner starts Ty Montgomery and Gio Bernard at RB. Literally has nothing else.  Sold the Ito idea a bit and Tribusky clearing bye week. (His backup QB is Rosen)

• Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

12t ppr

Hopkins and Andrews

for

McLaurin, Njoku, M Williams, 2020 2nd, 2021 1st and 2nd

15 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Owner starts Ty Montgomery and Gio Bernard at RB. Literally has nothing else.  Sold the Ito idea a bit and Tribusky clearing bye week. (His backup QB is Rosen)

Can’t believe you’d send that.  “Sold the Ito idea” of what, exactly?  Here’s another ####ty RB to add to your collection of ####ty RBs, fresh off three carries for six yards.  That should really bolster your backfield.

Yuck. Vetoable.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, SayWhat? said:

Can’t believe you’d send that.  “Sold the Ito idea” of what, exactly?  Here’s another ####ty RB to add to your collection of ####ty RBs, fresh off three carries for six yards.  That should really bolster your backfield.

Yuck. Vetoable.

Even if I wasn't involved in this deal and felt the same way I'd never veto a trade.  Ridiculous. So glad none of the leagues I play in use the veto.  Matthew Berry said it best "veto the veto"  and I've been on the other side many of times thinking darn, I would have gave way more than that.

"Can't believe you'd send that" - Well I was hoping for a counter - even typed in the trade box, let me know if this works, if not counter please. 

Edited by Gottabesweet

22 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Even if I wasn't involved in this deal and felt the same way I'd never veto a trade.  Ridiculous. So glad none of the leagues I play in use the veto.  Matthew Berry said it best "veto the veto"  and I've been on the other side many of times thinking darn, I would have gave way more than that.

"Can't believe you'd send that" - Well I was hoping for a counter - even typed in the trade box, let me know if this works, if not counter please. 

Nor would I, and none of my leagues do either.  But if they did, this would be in the bylaws under Veto Examples.  

But hey, at least he upgraded his 5th to a 4th and added Kumerow.  :thumbup:

Can I price check George Kittle ? I’m on my first season taking over a dynasty orphan and it’s looking like I’m going to be a contender ( 10-2 record, double headers every week ). I’m weak at TE with only Ebron, Eifert and Demetrius Harris. 

Is Kittle worth a 2020 1st round likely late pick ? 

2 minutes ago, TartanLion said:

Can I price check George Kittle ? I’m on my first season taking over a dynasty orphan and it’s looking like I’m going to be a contender ( 10-2 record, double headers every week ). I’m weak at TE with only Ebron, Eifert and Demetrius Harris. 

Yes - worth a late 1st for sure. I'd wait to see how he practices this week, he was losing some second half snaps. Hopefully the groin is fine.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TartanLion said:

Easily. I would not let him go for that cheap, personally. But if the owner is willing then take that and run. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matttyl said:

Just traded Frank Gore (who plays the Dolphins horrible run defense this week) for Ronald Jones (who's on bye).  If I lose, but would have won with Gore I'll kick myself.

Some one traded Ronald Jones for Frank Gore in a dynasty league?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gottabesweet said:

Wow. Some really bad dynasty owners out there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SayWhat? said:

Yuck. Vetoable.

Clearly you missed the pick upgrade.

• Laughing 2

44 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Some one traded Ronald Jones for Frank Gore in a dynasty league?

yes.  Yes he did.  But it's very much a one week move for the one team.

1 hour ago, matttyl said:

yes.  Yes he did.  But it's very much a one week move for the one team.

Which is always the best way to approach a dynasty league from a tactical perspective.  :lmao:

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

2 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

Which is always the best way to approach a dynasty league from a tactical perspective.  :lmao:

You’d be surprised how many owners do this or panic on byes and let their redraft instincts kick in. Not everyone as seen many times in this league is in all shark leagues lol. I sent an offer hoping to get a counter that turned into a deal. 

36 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

You’d be surprised how many owners do this or panic on byes and let their redraft instincts kick in. Not everyone as seen many times in this league is in all shark leagues lol. I sent an offer hoping to get a counter that turned into a deal. 

I recently offered a guy Knox, has Olsen as his only backup te. He declined the trade (which was a very reasonable offer) and said he doesnt know who Knox is and is just fine at TE. 

Edited by Dr. Dan
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Maven25 said:

Team A: Kerryon Johnson

Team B: Steffon Diggs

Fair but Diggs all day

15 hours ago, SayWhat? said:

If Gore puts up a huge week this week (against the 32nd ranked Miami run defense), and the guy wins his game because of it (and would have lost otherwise), it may very well end up that he made a decent move.  R Jones is on bye - no guarantee he'll ever win that starting job, much less win the guy a game single handed.  10 teamer where the guy is right in the mix for one of the last playoff spots right now.  Would you give Ronald Jones up to give yourself one more win over a 13 game season?

40 minutes ago, matttyl said:

If Gore puts up a huge week this week (against the 32nd ranked Miami run defense), and the guy wins his game because of it (and would have lost otherwise), it may very well end up that he made a decent move.  R Jones is on bye - no guarantee he'll ever win that starting job, much less win the guy a game single handed.  10 teamer where the guy is right in the mix for one of the last playoff spots right now.  Would you give Ronald Jones up to give yourself one more win over a 13 game season?

This is NOT the way dynasty owners should be thinking, especially when you consider the odds that Gore is a difference maker even for one week are very small. Singletary is back this week as well.

The fact that he needs to make a desperation move like this just for a chance to make the playoffs makes it even worse - he's obviously not a major contender.

Could this pay off? Sure anything could. Maybe he make the playoffs because of this one game and goes on a run and wins it all. Maybe Jones is a total bust (despite owning him in one league I'm actually not a huge fan) but once again playing long odds for short-term gain is not a good dynasty strategy.

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

I recently offered a guy Knox, has Olsen as his only backup te. He declined the trade (which was a very reasonable offer) and said he doesnt know who Knox is and is just fine at TE. 

I’m TE needy and sent a 2020 3rd round pick ( late likely ) for Knox. No reply for a week so revoked it, and will try something else 

13 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

:shock:

2 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

This is NOT the way dynasty owners should be thinking, especially when you consider the odds that Gore is a difference maker even for one week are very small. Singletary is back this week as well.

The fact that he needs to make a desperation move like this just for a chance to make the playoffs makes it even worse - he's obviously not a major contender.

Could this pay off? Sure anything could. Maybe he make the playoffs because of this one game and goes on a run and wins it all. Maybe Jones is a total bust (despite owning him in one league I'm actually not a huge fan) but once again playing long odds for short-term gain is not a good dynasty strategy.

I totally get all that, I really do.  There's just a really fine line (most years) between the last team in the playoffs and the first team out of them.  His matchup this week is the only matchup he'll have against this one other team that's also right in the middle of the pack, and we use head to head as the first tie breaker for playoffs.  If I had to part with my #4/#5 RB to make the difference between 7-6 and 8-5, I'd very likely do it (he's not ever started Jones after drafting him).  Will all depend if it works.

2 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Will all depend if it works.

Bad process sometimes leads to good results but its still bad process.

• Like 7

We had a "big boy trades" in 12 Team Full PPR (1/2/2/1/2 Flex)

Team A: Gave up Saquon Barclay NYG RB

Team B: Gave up THREE (3) 1st Round, a 3rd & a 4th 2020 Picks (1 mid/early & 2 Late projected for 1st rounders)

Team A (1-5) has redirected to "rebuild" and B (4-2) is going "all in"! 

2 minutes ago, Birdie048 said:

We had a "big boy trades" in 12 Team Full PPR (1/2/2/1/2 Flex)

Team A: Gave up Saquon Barclay NYG RB

Team B: Gave up THREE (3) 1st Round, a 3rd & a 4th 2020 Picks (1 mid/early & 2 Late projected for 1st rounders)

Team A (1-5) has redirected to "rebuild" and B (4-2) is going "all in"! 

Barkley. I'd need 4 firsts for Barkley unless 2 of them were definitely early. 

He's just too good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, matttyl said:

Mortgage your future for a player that has been on the verge of obscurity all season for a single game win?  Nope.  This is dynasty, correct?

Made a bit of a risky trade in an FFPC league in my rebuild

I traded away Nuk

I got Sutton, Miles Sanders, 2020 1st (mid?, the guy is 2-4 and 8th in VP so it could end up being early as well)

Gives me 4 1sts next year

14 Team .. NO PPR .. Standard Scoring

A Gave: Watson, DFreeman, 2020 Late 2nd Round Pick (Owns Mahomes and Brissett)

B Gave: Brees, Fournette, 2020 1st Round Pick (Currently #3-6)

Edited by BearsFan4Life
  • Like 1

On 10/15/2019 at 12:25 PM, matttyl said:

On 10/15/2019 at 1:06 PM, Gottabesweet said:

Why are some people so bad at this hobby. 

1 minute ago, matttyl said:

A fun one - Larry Fitz straight for Antonio Brown.

I'd take a chance on AB at that price.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Why are some people so bad at this hobby. 

Because they want to fit in and have something to talk about at the Water cooler? No idea. 

Not involved.  Deep rosters a couple teams needed QBs  12 team all QBs owned  

Rosen and Fitzpatrick for Gore and Dorsett. 

Cousins and Kyle Rudolph for Dede Westbrook. 

FFPC again

Sent: Curtis Samuel and a 2nd

Got: Herndon and a 3rd

Already had Engram and OJ Howard, but couldn't pass up the future value in what Herndon could be

Can someone please explain to me why I can't get top ten rb price return on Mark Ingram?  Are people afraid he's not going to keep getting (and converting) goal line touches for a prolific running offense?

6 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Can someone please explain to me why I can't get top ten rb price return on Mark Ingram?  Are people afraid he's not going to keep getting (and converting) goal line touches for a prolific running offense?

Because he's turning the magical age of 30

• Like 2

10 Team Dynasty, PPR

Team A receives K Golliday, C Sutton

Team B receives C Godwin, M Mariota

9 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Huh?  You expect top 10 value from Ingram in a dynasty league?  Not happening unless you have complete idiots in your league 

2 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

Huh?  You expect top 10 value from Ingram in a dynasty league?  Not happening unless you have complete idiots in your league 

Crazy to expect equal value to what he's producing I know.

9 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Crazy to expect equal value to what he's producing I know.

When he's a 30 year old running back, yes you're right it is crazy to expect equal value to what he's producing.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

When he's a 30 year old running back, yes you're right it is crazy to expect equal value to what he's producing.

Late first?  Or do we have different ideas as to what equal value for him is?

29 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Late first?  Or do we have different ideas as to what equal value for him is?

You said top 10 value. I don't think many would describe a late 1st as top 10 value, whether they'd pay it for Ingram is another thing. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You said top 10 value. I don't think many would describe a late 1st as top 10 value, whether they'd pay it for Ingram is another thing. 

You're right.  I apologize.

• Like 2