What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

Hankmoody said:
You don't think Diggs is worth two 2017 1sts?  What would you accept for Diggs in trade?
I would absolutely ship diggs for two firsts, especially if one was a mid to high pick

I cannot think of a scenario where i would give two firsts, when you can get better wr in better FF situations for 1 or 2 firsts, it seems crazy to me to do that

The people who think diggs is worth more than a mid 1st right now are the same people who were going nuts for tyler locket last year, imo

and btw*

Exxagerato is nobodies sidekick

Last edited by a moderator:
I would absolutely ship diggs for two firsts, especially if one was a mid to high pick

I cannot think of a scenario where i would give two firsts, when you can get better wr in better FF situations for 1 or 2 firsts, it seems crazy to me to do that

The people who think diggs is worth more than a mid 1st right now are the same people who were going nuts for tyler locket last year, imo

and btw*

Exxagerato is nobodies sidekick
So you would trade Diggs for one 2017 1st (probably mid)?

Hankmoody said:
I wouldn't trade him for less either.  I'm wondering what Mr. Hyperbole and his sidekick Exaggerato would dump him for if it's such a laughable concept though.
Now that I know how much you love the guy, I'd trade him for a jawbreaker and an envelope.

Dynasty League Traded my 2017 1st rd rookie pick for Jerick McKinnon.  I hated to do that, especially with Asiata having a piece of the pie and the signing of Ronnie Hillman, but it's a big money league that I won last year and want to win this year.  I'm currently 2-0.  

Edited to say I'm also the Peterson owner.

Dynasty League Traded my 2017 1st rd rookie pick for Jerick McKinnon.  I hated to do that, especially with Asiata having a piece of the pie and the signing of Ronnie Hillman, but it's a big money league that I won last year and want to win this year.  I'm currently 2-0.
Ouch.

Wow, that is a high price for McKinnon. Are your RB cupboards that bare? 

12 team ppr w te premium

sent 2017 2nd, Cam Brate

got Fleener

TE is thin for me. Have JT, Vance, zach miller, stephen anderson

can start 2 te, so a useful 2nd te is almost always better than a wr5

I'd move a late 1st for McKinnon in ppr.  

That's the way I looked at it and it is a PPR league.  If McKinnon can help me win a title it's well worth it given how much money is at stake.  My other RBs are C J Anderson (no Booker), Peterson, and the Seattle RBs.  Plus, we have to start at least 2 RBs.

Wow, that is a high price for McKinnon. Are your RB cupboards that bare? 
My other RBs are C J Anderson (no Booker), Peterson, and the Seattle RBs.  Plus, we have to start at least 2 RBs.  My team is strong however, with Rodgers / Stafford, Odell Beckham Jr, , B Cooks, Julio Jones, Gronk, and Delanie Walker.  I also have Moncrief, but who knows how long he will be out.  Giving what should be a late 1st could be well worth it if advance far again.

16tm TE prem PPR w/ IDP

Team A (contender) gets: Wilson, Ingram, Hundley

Team B (rebuild) gets: Mariota, TWest, Rogers (PIT), Anderson (HOU), 2017 2, 3, 4, 5

14 team PPR

Team A gets: Lamar Miller, Tyler Boyd, Danny Amendola

Team B gets: Will Fuller, Jay Ajayi, Vincent Jackson

Evans is a stud, but the 2017 class is LOADED with talent.

Could go either way.

PS - I don't know if you meant for those lists to be in order, but Wentz is your best QB, Gordon is your best RB, and Diggs is at least your 4th best WR.

Come to think of it, you could have REALLY used one or two of the RB's in next year's class,

I kinda think you'd have been better off to keep the picks.
I'm in this league and think this was super cheap for Evans. All the picks are likely to be late (I'd say it's highly unlikely they aren't playoff teams at a minimum). He didn't give up anything established this year.  The team who made the deal was a strong and competitive team who now is looking at a difficult climb. Seemed like a very odd one to me.

12-team PPR Dynasty - Normal scoring except no negative points for QB interceptions

Team A gives: 

Aaron Rodgers

TY Hilton

Travis Kelce

Team B gives:

Sammy Watkins
This seems like a Rodgers landslide for me. Even if Watkins were healthy I'd be on Rodgers side.

I just moved Ebron for Bradford in a dynasty PPR. I needed a QB since I lost Romo & Cutler to injuries. I am left w/Fleener at TE.

In another league, I moved Duke Johnson & K. Allen for McCoy & J. Matthews.

12 team standard: 

Team A: mckinnon

Team B: Peterson 
Why would anyone make this move? If you're rebuilding you want no part of a 31 year old RB coming off of a major injury and if you're a contender what good does Peterson do for you when he's out 3-4 months (the fantasy season)?

I could see not being a big believer in McKinnon and wanting to sell "high" - but you need to (and likely could have) get a better deal than that.

Gave: Sharpe, Enunwa and $20 Bid Bucks

Got: 2017 1 (Mid), Woods

Like both receivers but felt like this was a slam dunk. 

12 team ppr, 1 rb 3 wr 2 flex

Gave Davante Adams, Jonathan Williams, Teddy Bridgewater, 2017 1st (mine, contender)

Received Drew Brees, Doug Martin (rebuilding)

Same league:

Gave 2017 2nd

Received Blount and 2017 4th

Oof

Offered the same deal (I have Jerick). Would be a late 1st. I declined. 

12 Team PPR

Team A: Gives Eli Rogers

Team B: Gives Dwayne Washington
Interesting trade. I like both players. Washington probably has the higher "boom", but is a RB and I always shy away from shorter shelf life players/positions. Love Rogers game and I normally lean WR. Pretty fair deal in my opinion depending on what position an owner may value more. I think most on the board would probably lean Washington. 

Why is McKinnon for a late first being mocked? seems like it should be the going rate for him.
....because it's JU?  I'm certainly OK with it in that league because I own ADP.  If he turns out to be a bust I still like my chances at at winning a grand (again) in that league.  I won't lose any sleep in that trade either way.  It won't be the first time I rolled the dice and lost and still won a league.  Those who don't take any chances are looking up to their competition in most cases.

Why is McKinnon for a late first being mocked? seems like it should be the going rate for him.
Some people can't handle the responsibility of an opinion.

I don't see any issue with giving a 1st in PPR if you're a solid contender.  Late 1sts are a gamble anyway and depending on how they address the position long term it could be an ongoing RB2 return.  AP is no spring chicken and they have no 1st or 4th/3rd/2nd next year so there are fewer resources to spend replacing McKinnon.  Could get a 2-3 year ride out of that.  I'd do that for a shot at winning a league. 

Yeah... I was Team A - I think that's what Team B is thinking and maybe was how I was able to acquire Sammy in the first place.  

Sammy is only 23 years old though....  I'm actually expecting the Bills to shut him down later this year when they are out of contention.
So...week 5?

Classic overvalue of draft picks on this board.  McKinnon is every bit the talent you would get with a late 1st.  The same upside and the same bust potential.  Now if the pick had the potential to be an early/mid first 4-6 range, this would be a different discussion...especially in the 17 draft.

Classic overvalue of draft picks on this board.  McKinnon is every bit the talent you would get with a late 1st.  The same upside and the same bust potential.  Now if the pick had the potential to be an early/mid first 4-6 range, this would be a different discussion...especially in the 17 draft.
Every pick has the potential to be early/mid.  Fantasy football is crazy.

As to McKinnon being roughly what you'd expect to find in the late 1st, I generally agree but have some more reservations about him.  He's in his 3rd year now and even with injuries in front of him and a lack of any real other decent options around him he's still not really had a chance to be a workhorse back and it seems like he may never get that shot.

That said, if you're saying he's about what you'd expect to find in the late 1st then why mock a trade of him for a late 1st (especially in a very strong looking draft class)?  Seems pretty normal for someone to take lateral value for a player they like a little less than the other guy.  That's probably the most common type of trade.

Before the season started, 

I sent Julio and my 2017 2nd 

for

Cooks and a 2017 1st

This is a salary cap league and I needed the savings in salary (Julio amounted to ~ 25 to 30% of my team salary cap, and Cooks saved me about ~10% of the salary cap); Cooks was the best player I could receive and I wasn't getting much interest in some of my lesser players; I wasn't going to sell OBJ or Evans due to production / age / talent and production / age / talent / salary considerations, respectively

I'm not looking for approval or disapproval here but rather providing this for readers to consider in their own deals

Does anyone have any data on the current value of AR?

I've searched and paged through this thread without much success. I've also tried Twitter and the "experts" that I've reached out too don't seem to consider trades for AR due to his perceived cost. Suffice it to state the the Dyn owner in the league where AR is available desires close to a King's ransom for him, and the owner's perception (of what AR is worth) doesn't appear to align with his "current market value". 

My understanding is that AR is likely worth a 2017 1st, or a 2017 1st plus a "bench"-style player (think AA before his injury). Thoughts on whether or not this is accurate?

For context...

This is a full dynasty league; 10 teams with 16 roster spots per team (and 2 IR spots), so it's 160+ players rostered; 0.5 PPR; start 1 QB / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 Flex...

So...week 5?
Hopefully they actually shut him down right now and bring him back healthy. 

It's a long term move to get a top 10 or 15 fantasy player who are normally impossible to trade for. 

I go for real difference makers and build around them.   It's easy to cobble together passable replacement level players in PPR. 

Every pick has the potential to be early/mid.  Fantasy football is crazy.

As to McKinnon being roughly what you'd expect to find in the late 1st, I generally agree but have some more reservations about him.  He's in his 3rd year now and even with injuries in front of him and a lack of any real other decent options around him he's still not really had a chance to be a workhorse back and it seems like he may never get that shot.

That said, if you're saying he's about what you'd expect to find in the late 1st then why mock a trade of him for a late 1st (especially in a very strong looking draft class)?  Seems pretty normal for someone to take lateral value for a player they like a little less than the other guy.  That's probably the most common type of trade.
I mocked the opinion of people that acted as if it was it a horrible trade.  If the view is that the value is equal then you are agreeing with me.  They shouldn't have mocked it....which is why I mocked them :)

Blockbuster in 12 team PPR with standard rosters

Moncrief and Parker for Antonio Brown

Both teams are contenders. 

I think I like the Brown side with Moncrief out and Parker unproven. 

minor deal ffpc, 

Team A gives Dalton, Enunwa, 7th rd pick

Team B gives Big Ben and a 6th

(I'm Team A and qbs were Dalton and Tannehill)

Perhaps I am not understanding your point clearly, but McKinnon got a decent amount of work in 2014 and began to look pretty good for a QB-to-RB convert in his rookie year.  Then he got hurt.

2015...Peterson.  Not many second year players are going to get a chance to be a workhorse back behind AD.

As for never getting that chance, well, Sunday will reveal much.

Blockbuster in 12 team PPR with standard rosters

Moncrief and Parker for Antonio Brown

Both teams are contenders. 

I think I like the Brown side with Moncrief out and Parker unproven. 
That's an awful, awful trade under any circumstances.  Owner replacement worthy.  Are there other circumstance you aren't sharing like contract/salary expiration?

Just saw Keenan Allen traded in a few of my leagues.  Figured I'd post so people could see where his value may be in people's minds.

League 1:

Keenan Allen for Randall Cobb

League 2:

Keenan Allen for Devante Parker

Users who are viewing this thread