What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (29 Viewers)

I like Ju-Ju but I'd break my finger accepting that trade offer to land Diggs and 1.1.   
I'm a bit surprised by the strength of this reaction.  Would you feel the same if AB were already on another team?  This was me advising my nephew in his league getting JJSS and I felt like this was pretty cheap for him.  Diggs is looking like about #25 overall and that 1.01 should be about the same ADP.  In a startup that would be 2.12 and 3.01 for the what, 1.12 it takes to get JJSS?  I'd give that in a flash.  I feel like I"m generally high on Diggs too - he's quite a polarizing guy and some won't touch him.  As I shopped him for similar deals for players like Adams or Mixon I found that Diggs was a non-starter at that value.

I'm a bit surprised by the strength of this reaction.  Would you feel the same if AB were already on another team?  This was me advising my nephew in his league getting JJSS and I felt like this was pretty cheap for him.  Diggs is looking like about #25 overall and that 1.01 should be about the same ADP.  In a startup that would be 2.12 and 3.01 for the what, 1.12 it takes to get JJSS?  I'd give that in a flash.  I feel like I"m generally high on Diggs too - he's quite a polarizing guy and some won't touch him.  As I shopped him for similar deals for players like Adams or Mixon I found that Diggs was a non-starter at that value.
I think everyone assumes if/when Brown is gone that bumps up JuJu, but I'm not so sure. It sure helps to have the teams primary focus on Brown. Not down playing his talent, man he's good, but I think without Brown he might see more double teams and for sure the top CB each weekend. 

I think everyone assumes if/when Brown is gone that bumps up JuJu, but I'm not so sure. It sure helps to have the teams primary focus on Brown. Not down playing his talent, man he's good, but I think without Brown he might see more double teams and for sure the top CB each weekend. 
If Brown leaves, the development of James Washington is very important to Ju Ju Smith-Shuster.  This past season Big Ben and Washington had chemistry issues.

12 team $325 cap, performance IDP league.  QRWWTF + IDP.  30 man rosters.

Team A gave up Breida, Matt SFO RB ($1) and Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick (pick 37)
Team B gave up Westbrook, Dede JAC WR ($1)

I gave up the supposed best player in the deal but sometimes you got to take a risk if you want a certain player.

Gave: Hunter Henry and Mason Rudolph

Got: Chris Warren and Robert Foster

I know most will definitely think I made a mistake here, but I’m OK with that.

I gave up the supposed best player in the deal but sometimes you got to take a risk if you want a certain player.

I don’t mind this trade. I think Warren and Foster offer a good amount of upside.

I dont mind it. Henry has been largely disappointing. Rudolph is a pote tial career backup. Warren has a shot at the backfield in 2019 and Foster has good value. 

I think you got the best player in the deal

I don't know your scoring or roster requirements but can't imagine it would make me say anything other then you did in fact make a major mistake.

FFPC

Gave Chubb 2.8 2020 3rd

got Kittle 2.4 2020 2nd

I'd take chubb without 2.8 or 2020 3rd. that's a steal. Chubb is worth several 1sts alone
Kittle had 302 points in FFPC, only 5 RB's eclipsed 300 points.  McCaffrey, Barkley, Gurley, Kamara, Zeke.  Unless you think Chubb is a top5 talent, then you almost have to go Kittle in this format, plus the better picks?  As much as I like Chubb, that's an easy choice I'd think.  Kittle is their centerpiece on offense.  

Realize this isn't the best place to ask, but with the looming likelihood of Quest Dynasty Leagues going ponzi, I'm about to lose 2/4 dynasty leagues.  Does anybody know of any good management companies left out there besides FFPC? 

Kittle had 302 points in FFPC, only 5 RB's eclipsed 300 points.  McCaffrey, Barkley, Gurley, Kamara, Zeke.  Unless you think Chubb is a top5 talent, then you almost have to go Kittle in this format, plus the better picks?  As much as I like Chubb, that's an easy choice I'd think.  Kittle is their centerpiece on offense.  
in 2018 with several backup qbs and no running game and the top wr hurt. 

Last edited by a moderator:
That is just awful. I would reject that without a counter if I owned Barkley. Just awful. 
It's not THAT bad.  Basically a 2nd and a 3rd round startup pick who are both very young for the 1.01?

I wouldn't come close to accepting it either, but I wouldn't be insulted. 

It's not THAT bad.  Basically a 2nd and a 3rd round startup pick who are both very young for the 1.01?

I wouldn't come close to accepting it either, but I wouldn't be insulted. 
I've been surprised by the strength of the negative reactions to that trade in general.

I'd have have looked at that trade as a late 1 and late 2/early third for 1.1. Saw Mike Clay do this top 240 a few weeks ago,http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/15698900/mike-clay-top-240-dynasty-fantasy-football-rankings-nfl,   and his list seemed reasonable enough for me to use a jumping off point for making credible initial trade offers and trying to not insult anyone. He has them at 15 and 24 which is close to where I have Amari but Mixon is my 6th ranked RB and I don't know how many WR's I'd take over him but it would be less than 6.   Now I already said I'd take 1.1 but in leagues I own Barkley if I got those offers my reply would have been along the lines of "thanks, that's a very credible offer but don't want to give up what I think is the best asset/player in dynasty unless you make me a Godfather offer" or "Thanks for credible offer but  I'm not moving him if it's remotely close, got to blow me away, need to be overpaid to be honest,  not fairly compensated".

On the other side if I made someone a Mixon/Cooper offer for Barkley and they responded with some of the comments in this thread I'd be a lot less inclined to make that person a trade offer in the future, would for sure think twice about it.

I've been surprised by the strength of the negative reactions to that trade in general.

I'd have have looked at that trade as a late 1 and late 2/early third for 1.1. Saw Mike Clay do this top 240 a few weeks ago,http://www.espn.com/fantasy/football/story/_/id/15698900/mike-clay-top-240-dynasty-fantasy-football-rankings-nfl,   and his list seemed reasonable enough for me to use a jumping off point for making credible initial trade offers and trying to not insult anyone. He has them at 15 and 24 which is close to where I have Amari but Mixon is my 6th ranked RB and I don't know how many WR's I'd take over him but it would be less than 6.   Now I already said I'd take 1.1 but in leagues I own Barkley if I got those offers my reply would have been along the lines of "thanks, that's a very credible offer but don't want to give up what I think is the best asset/player in dynasty unless you make me a Godfather offer" or "Thanks for credible offer but  I'm not moving him if it's remotely close, got to blow me away, need to be overpaid to be honest,  not fairly compensated".

On the other side if I made someone a Mixon/Cooper offer for Barkley and they responded with some of the comments in this thread I'd be a lot less inclined to make that person a trade offer in the future, would for sure think twice about it.
I plugged it into one of the online dynasty trade calculators and the Mixon/Cooper side wins by a decent margin. 

Standard 12 team PPR.

Team A gave up 2019 1.11 and 2.03

Team B gave up Hunter Henry and the 2019 2.10. 

Dr. Dan said:
in 2018 with several backup qbs and no running game and the top wr hurt. 
Garoppolo is better than anything they had obviously.  Their top WR being Goodwin or Garcon?  One being a 1 trick pony and the other is hot garbage and what do you mean no running game when Breida went for 800+ himself?  If you think Kittle isn't the centerpiece then you're sorely mistaken.  Even when Garoppolo and McKinnon are back.  

Standard 12 team PPR. 

Team A gave up 2019 1.03

Team B gave up James Washington and 2019 2.05
Wow, this one is pretty ridiculous.  There is the narrative that the Steelers are amazing at developing WR talent... However I think there is a lot of survovorship bias in that we forget about the graveyard of highish round busts they've had.  Sammie Coates, Dri Archer, Marcus Wheaton, Bryant... They draft WR almost every year. 

FFPC, just went down, not involved:

Team A gave: Julio

Team B gave: Cooks and 1.10

Team giving up Julio looks like a rebuild team, team getting Julio is a contender.

Garoppolo is better than anything they had obviously.  Their top WR being Goodwin or Garcon?  One being a 1 trick pony and the other is hot garbage and what do you mean no running game when Breida went for 800+ himself?  If you think Kittle isn't the centerpiece then you're sorely mistaken.  Even when Garoppolo and McKinnon are back.  
it's possible I'm missing something. I just dont see him being a long term fixture. Sure could be wrong. I would rather have Chubb though personally. 

it's possible I'm missing something. I just dont see him being a long term fixture. Sure could be wrong. I would rather have Chubb though personally. 
I think it's fine to prefer Chubb, I don't myself but perfectly reasonable opinion to have.  But I don't think the bolded is reasonable at all and frankly makes no sense to me.

I think it's fine to prefer Chubb, I don't myself but perfectly reasonable opinion to have.  But I don't think the bolded is reasonable at all and frankly makes no sense to me.
I guess what I meant is I just dont see him being permanent at the top of the te list. very few TEs would have been equal a rb with Chubbs potential, historically (recent) speaking. I dont think kittle is one 

I guess what I meant is I just dont see him being permanent at the top of the te list. very few TEs would have been equal a rb with Chubbs potential, historically (recent) speaking. I dont think kittle is one 
That makes a little more sense but still very much don't agree. He is in his second year and just set the All-Time receiving record for TE's and his talent looks legit to me.

Chubb is a good talent but in PPR I guess I don't see the immense upside you do, I feel like if things go really well for him I'm looking at Jamaal Lewis 2.0. In FFPC plenty of TE's are more valuable then that.

You're overrating him.  
You're underrating him.

ETA - some more context

I own him in some leagues have been getting offers for him. They are TE premium leagues but can kind of work out value in PPR.

Was offered Ebron and Cohen for him a few days ago. These are two players I tend to be way higher on then most. Credible offer I gave about a minute of consideration before saying no and Ebron in theory cancels out the TE premium factor.

Was offered Lindsdey, Funchess and 2.10 last week.  Gave this zero consideration and I while I think Funcess is worthless I think Lindsay is going to continue to rise.

A few days ago I offered Engram for him straight up. Got quick rejected and I asked if I can add something to the offer let me know,  they said anything less than a first was not going to do. I might end up doing it.

Before the season started(a few days before Guice got hurt) I offered Guice and a first I picked up which looked like a surefire top 4 pick (ended up 1.1) for Amari and Henry. Key here is the team I offered the trade to only rosters SEC players, has Engram/Reed and at the time what looked like a good prospect in Hurst and RB was their weak spot and I'm sitting on a ton of SEC RBs. If you need RB and only roster SEC players I'm hard to not deal with in this league.  Reply I got back was they'd be down to trade Amari, but HH was not available.

Just giving an idea of how some out there see his value. I've been using that Mike Clay top 240 I posted earlier just as a trade value chart(I personally care zero about people's rankings). I think he had HH hovering in 60'ish range, that seems worth the picks to me in PPR.

Also I think his major issue is getting more consistent target usage but keep in mind he's still had to deal with Gates during his first two years and we've not seen him get to remove that obstacle yet to see how he fares. But this time last year I realized he was sitting on exact same amount of targets ,115, as Engram. They were both the same age and people were loving on Engram  and I felt he was regarded a little higher then Henry but Henry's production on his 115 targets blew Engram's away. This got me to do a look at where players like Gronk, Kelce and Graham were are in their careers after 115 targets and Henry was every bit as productive as those 3, right on par.  And not for noting but Kelce and Graham were as old in their first seasons as Henry is right now, he'll play almost the entire season next year at the age of 24. Which again just means that when he was 21-22, he was as productive on a per target basis as 24-25 year old Kelce and Graham.

I'm only in two PPR leagues so sometimes hard for me to judge value of TE's in that format vs TE premium leagues but what I know is I'd give up that capital for Henry in both of those leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread