What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

FFPC, not involved

Phillip Lindsay and Chris Herndon

for

Kupp, 2.07, 2.10, 5.04

Also another deal with different owners

Carlos Hyde for a 2020 7th rounder 
They both seem like equitable trades to me. 

Which side I'd want in first deal depends on team makeup/roster.

On the minor Hyde deal chances are super strong any team I have him on I'd end up cutting him but for cost of almost free I'd pay that to roster him before FA and then just hope for the best. Might not sign a place I'd consider him a keeper, but he might sign someplace I can now flip him for a higher pick. I'd take that gamble for a future 7th.

On the minor Hyde deal chances are super strong any team I have him on I'd end up cutting him but for cost of almost free I'd pay that to roster him before FA and then just hope for the best. Might not sign a place I'd consider him a keeper, but he might sign someplace I can now flip him for a higher pick. I'd take that gamble for a future 7th.
Is Hyde a free agent? He signed a two year deal with Cleveland I believe before being traded to Jacksonville.

But does he come back to pre-injury form?  Always a risk with that...
Sure, I think he will be fine.  Frank Gore tore his left and right ACL, tore his right meniscus, and fractured a hip and he's headed to the HOF.  

ACL tears aren't the kiss of death.  I would be more worried had he torn his Achilles or had a severe Lisfranc injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really?  I thought he looked fantastic before he got hurt.  I believe him getting hurt really hurt the Rams' offense.
I do like him and I agree about the Rams offense hurting without him. And I'm not overly concerned about his injury. I just think he is going to be a classic example of better for actual football than FF. I see him as a WR 2/3, but admittedly with weekly upside. There *is* value there, but I'd prefer Lindsay, who I think is far less replaceable.

I said I was a non believer but that's probably a bad choice of words. I meant in terms of fantasy. I like his game a lot otherwise. I don't know who I would start from one week to the next between Kupp, Woods and Cooks. I think it is certainly a fair trade, though. 

I do like him and I agree about the Rams offense hurting without him. And I'm not overly concerned about his injury. I just think he is going to be a classic example of better for actual football than FF. I see him as a WR 2/3, but admittedly with weekly upside. There *is* value there, but I'd prefer Lindsay, who I think is far less replaceable.

I said I was a non believer but that's probably a bad choice of words. I meant in terms of fantasy. I like his game a lot otherwise. I don't know who I would start from one week to the next between Kupp, Woods and Cooks. I think it is certainly a fair trade, though. 
I would start all of them. 

Kupp was a strong WR1 up to the point he got hurt. 

I think there is more risk with Lindsey.  Here is an undrafted RB that surprised.  That doesn't necessarily mean he will maintain the starting job long term.  I think there is less risk with Kupp long term.

Is Hyde a free agent? He signed a two year deal with Cleveland I believe before being traded to Jacksonville.
I don't recall the source but recall reading a few weeks ago he was likely to be released  but you are right he is not a FA and I'm jumping the gun a bit assuming he's a FA. I'd still pay a 7th for him and see how the cookie crumbles.

Two FFPC trades:

RB Phillip Lindsay and a 2020 2nd round pick (playoff team, not championship caliber)

for WR Cooper Kupp, 2.9, 4.2, and 5.2

TE Jack Doyle and 2.9

for WR Doug Baldwin

I made these trades based on roster configuration. Super strong at RB and TE, only had Thielen/Fitz/Samuel/MSV at WR. 

I would start all of them. 

Kupp was a strong WR1 up to the point he got hurt. 
Looking at his game logs, yeah maybe I am selling him short here. I'm still a bit afraid of the whack a mole syndrome with the Rams WRs though. Might come down to whether I felt I needed another WR or RB worse. 

Looking at his game logs, yeah maybe I am selling him short here. I'm still a bit afraid of the whack a mole syndrome with the Rams WRs though. Might come down to whether I felt I needed another WR or RB worse. 
If you take out the two games he got hurt in, he was the WR 4 on the year when he went out.

Even deal imo. Third year is generally the TE breakout. Funny thing is I was about  to give up both, Njoku and Thielen along with a 2020 2nd for Gurley. Kinda glad it didn’t happen. 
From what I've examined over the years a TE's usually take their biggest jumps from year 1 to year 2, also if they don't take a sizeable jump in year two the odds suggest they never will.  If you look back at some of the best fantasy TE's of last 15 years most of of them exploded in year two. In Njoku's case he did not explode last year, but he did check the box for sizeable second year improvement so I think he's on the right track. 

Also I'd still have given that up for Gurley.

On this particular trade if you are getting first half Thielen it's a steal no matter the age gap. If I'm getting second half Thielen I'll take Njoku's youth. Truth is probably somewhere in the middle and seems like an even trade that boils down to team makeup.

From what I've examined over the years a TE's usually take their biggest jumps from year 1 to year 2, also if they don't take a sizeable jump in year two the odds suggest they never will.  If you look back at some of the best fantasy TE's of last 15 years most of of them exploded in year two.
This doesn't seem intuitive.  It feels like TEs tend to come out of nowhere once the fantasy world gives up on them and they move to their next team.

Maybe not for the truly elite guys, but for solid (somewhere in the top-6) production. Guys like Olsen come to mind.

I’ve been offered Thielen for Amari Cooper straight up. Tempted to take it 
Tough one because both are so volatile but I'd definitely take Cooper. He's the only decent pass catcher they have so they will get him the ball. Thielen was pretty bad the last half of the year and he's already getting decently old. Makes me nervous.

Last edited by a moderator:
tangfoot said:
This doesn't seem intuitive.  It feels like TEs tend to come out of nowhere once the fantasy world gives up on them and they move to their next team.

Maybe not for the truly elite guys, but for solid (somewhere in the top-6) production. Guys like Olsen come to mind.
Right, that's the way it feels, but it's incorrect.

The whole TEs take a long time to develop thing really applies more to low end starters like the Kyle Rudolph's of the world, and people have misapplied it to the studs too.  The true studs at the position are generally quick to be a top end starter.

You mentioned Olsen as a late breakout which is true, but he's literally just about the only example of a guy in the modern era breaking out late and becoming a real stud at the position.  Kelce, Ertz, Gronk, Graham, Gates, Kittle, and Witten all had a top 6 fantasy finish by their 2nd year.

NJoku was TE9 last year so not too far off that mark, but TE16 in ppg is less appealing.  I like OJ Howard more personally (I like him more even outside these numbers too).  He missed the cutoff due to injury but he was TE6 this year in PPG, and his efficiency was sky high which is another good early career predictor of stud TEs.

12 Team .5 PPR

Team A got AB, Landry, Graham, 1.9

Team B got D Adams, Sanders, Ertz
I'd rank the players this way. Adams, AB, Ertz, 1.9, Landry, Sanders and Graham.

I agree with previous responses to this trade and think the Adams side prevailed but unlike those responses I thought it was just a slight win for the Adams side, not one I'd labeled as "not close" or anything.

I'd rank the players this way. Adams, AB, Ertz, 1.9, Landry, Sanders and Graham.

I agree with previous responses to this trade and think the Adams side prevailed but unlike those responses I thought it was just a slight win for the Adams side, not one I'd labeled as "not close" or anything.
Wow, I really like Adams and Ertz side if it's Devante Adams.

Just curious, what is not to like about Adams? He was the only viable WR GB had last season and he dominated against top coverage.
I love that he's young and plays with Rodgers, and he's clearly a pretty good player.  

But he had a career year because of his situation more than his talent. He was Rodgers number one, Green bay didnt have anyone else to throw to, and he got an almost 50 percent increase in targets (169 last year vs 117 and 121 the two years before).  

That was also his first 1000 yard season.  He had 997 two years ago.  1386 yards is great, but it might not be predictive - randall cobb had 1287 yards in 2014 and never broke 1000 again. 

Rodgers may be declining.  He's had two down years in a row with injuries creeping in, and he's playing in a tough environment against tough defenses and is 35. Brady and brees are making it look easy to play well into your 40s, but maybe it's harder when you run around a lot and play in the cold. Maybe he's making so much money on his commercials that he's not staying in peak athletic shape.  Maybe his body type just isn't built for it. 

There's a good chance the packers improve their receivers. They may be in the Antonio brown or obj market, which would relegate adams to number two status immediately. There are other good options oom free agency and the draft who could allow rodgers to spread the ball out more.

And finally, he's been a touchdown machine when the packers were struggling to find a run game. Even if he keeps up the high target volume and Rodgers doesn't regress, he could see his touchdown numbers come down. 

All of that is concerning to me. It doesn't mean i don't want him, but he's not the slam dunk wr1 that i think a lot of people think he is. I would still rather have him in dynasty than Antonio brown (who could see a huge drop in numbers on a new team) and i think he has upside to continue to improve even on his excellent 2018 numbers, but i think people are starting to over value him a little now. 

I love that he's young and plays with Rodgers, and he's clearly a pretty good player.  

But he had a career year because of his situation more than his talent. He was Rodgers number one, Green bay didnt have anyone else to throw to, and he got an almost 50 percent increase in targets (169 last year vs 117 and 121 the two years before).  

That was also his first 1000 yard season.  He had 997 two years ago.  1386 yards is great, but it might not be predictive - randall cobb had 1287 yards in 2014 and never broke 1000 again. 

Rodgers may be declining.  He's had two down years in a row with injuries creeping in, and he's playing in a tough environment against tough defenses and is 35. Brady and brees are making it look easy to play well into your 40s, but maybe it's harder when you run around a lot and play in the cold. Maybe he's making so much money on his commercials that he's not staying in peak athletic shape.  Maybe his body type just isn't built for it. 

There's a good chance the packers improve their receivers. They may be in the Antonio brown or obj market, which would relegate adams to number two status immediately. There are other good options oom free agency and the draft who could allow rodgers to spread the ball out more.

And finally, he's been a touchdown machine when the packers were struggling to find a run game. Even if he keeps up the high target volume and Rodgers doesn't regress, he could see his touchdown numbers come down. 

All of that is concerning to me. It doesn't mean i don't want him, but he's not the slam dunk wr1 that i think a lot of people think he is. I would still rather have him in dynasty than Antonio brown (who could see a huge drop in numbers on a new team) and i think he has upside to continue to improve even on his excellent 2018 numbers, but i think people are starting to over value him a little now. 
You make some great points, thank you for the post. I was never a huge fan until this last season when he proved me wrong against top coverage. I agree with a lot of what you brought up though and think the main issue will be a more balanced offense moving forward. He is a TD magnet and should continue to get opportunities. The value in GB seems to be who will be the next young receiver to separate themselves from the others. No idea who that may be...may not be on the roster currently.

12 team PPR. 1 RB start. I'm the one getting Jones. Just figured he was worth taking a chance on.

Team A gave up Foster, Robert BUF WR
Team B gave up Jones, Ronald TBB RB

12 team PPR. 1 RB start. I'm the one getting Jones. Just figured he was worth taking a chance on.

Team A gave up Foster, Robert BUF WR
Team B gave up Jones, Ronald TBB RB

I like Foster here, he seems to have an opportunity to receive targets with the Bills.  Ronald Jones couldn’t beat out Barber and TB may be active in Free Agency for a RB.

I like Foster here, he seems to have an opportunity to receive targets with the Bills.  Ronald Jones couldn’t beat out Barber and TB may be active in Free Agency for a RB.
Agreed. It was risky. The other factor I took into account was age. Jones is only 21. Foster already 24. 

Denver724 said:
Agreed. It was risky. The other factor I took into account was age. Jones is only 21. Foster already 24. 
Foster for me, but I was never a Jones believer.  I think Foster could carve out a WR2 season.

Just made a pretty big one in FFPC.

Gave: Tyreek, Guice

Got: JuJu, Lindsay

This is just continued tinkering with my squad.  I love Tyreek but feel he is a bigger risk than JuJu long term.  He's basically 3 seasons older, has the checkered off field past, and is reilant on speed to make his game go.  Going after the stud I prefer. 

He asked for the RB swap to be included and I rank them similarly, so accepted his counter.  As a Skins fan, I know quite well that next year is going to be a hot mess and could see Guice disappointing as a result.  Figure Lindsay has just as much upside for the time being and won't be surprised if he's the more valuable of the two following next season.  I may consider shopping him too.

Just made a pretty big one in FFPC.

Gave: Tyreek, Guice

Got: JuJu, Lindsay

This is just continued tinkering with my squad.  I love Tyreek but feel he is a bigger risk than JuJu long term.  He's basically 3 seasons older, has the checkered off field past, and is reilant on speed to make his game go.  Going after the stud I prefer. 

He asked for the RB swap to be included and I rank them similarly, so accepted his counter.  As a Skins fan, I know quite well that next year is going to be a hot mess and could see Guice disappointing as a result.  Figure Lindsay has just as much upside for the time being and won't be surprised if he's the more valuable of the two following next season.  I may consider shopping him too.
Overall I think it's close to fair, even though I believe you lost out a bit.  Don't the Redskins have one of the best offensive lines and just got hurt a little this past year?  The QB situation leaves a lot to be desired, but if they make a move for a rookie I think they'll be better than people realize.  I'll take the Tyreek/Guice side although I do love me some JuJu.  

Overall I think it's close to fair, even though I believe you lost out a bit.  Don't the Redskins have one of the best offensive lines and just got hurt a little this past year?  The QB situation leaves a lot to be desired, but if they make a move for a rookie I think they'll be better than people realize.  I'll take the Tyreek/Guice side although I do love me some JuJu.  
Your statement about our oline has been true for three seasons now.  At some point it stops being bad luck- we just have a lot of injury prone players.  And Trent Williams keeps getting older.

Personally I think the issues with ownership, front office, and coaching staff all come to head next year.  It's going to be a loooong season.

Problem is the owner of Kirk in my league is hard to trade with....would probably have to overpay. My league includes return yards so it increases his value. In this draft I would probably give around a mid to late first depending on my needs which is probably rich for most. 

12 Team .5 PPR

Team A got

Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB

Fournette, Leonard JAC RB

Yeldon, T.J. JAC RB

Allison, Geronimo GBP WR

Ertz, Zach PHI TE

Team B got

Newton, Cam CAR QB

McCoy, LeSean BUF RB

Crowder, Jamison WAS WR

Kelce, Travis KCC TE