What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

Slider said:
Sanders and it isn't really close.
That’s who I grabbed 

trade ended up being 

Boyd, Hooper, 4th, and 4th and 5th next year 

Sanders, Wentz, Ian Thomas, 2020 2nd (late) and 2020 3rd (early)

It's an interesting group.  I'll go 

Ridley

Montgomery

Sanders

DK

But i like all 4 and could easily see DK being the best of the bunch.  All part of a big tier for me but there's a mini tier drop between Montgomery and Sanders.  

JoeJoe88 said:
Team A: Marlon Mack Team B: Kenny Golladay 
I'd go Golladay by a fair margin. I just think its too easy for Mack to be a part time player, I don't see a special talent, and its possible he's no better than any of their other RB's, now that they have at least a year of experience. Mack is in a nice situation, but I can't help but get a bit of a 2018 Alex Collins vibe off him. 

Golladay feels like a long term #1 WR for the Lions, which makes him a very solid WR2 in fantasy, especially if Stafford's late season decline was more injury related than we initially thought.

Zyphros said:
First Goedert deal I've seen.  FFPC league - not involved. 

Goedert 

for

Irv Smith Jr, 2020 1st (probably a playoff team)

Personally I don't want to buy Goedert.  His price won't match his production.  I love the player, but his high price isn't worth what he's likely to do this year.  He's a long term play, and it makes more sense for rebuild teams to buy him, but then again it doesn't because of the high price it could end up a crippling move.
That's a pretty high price for Goedert. Goedert is an intersting player, I personally feel like he's every bit the prospect Hockenson is, but he's behind Ertz, but has a better team situation, should something befell Ertz. Goedert's ceiling if Ertz goes down IMO, is TE1 overall. Basically, if Ertz goes down, and the team makes the playoffs this will look like a good move, but that is two pretty big what ifs.More likely this is a pretty heavy overpay, and I say that as someone who doesn't think very much of Irv Smith at all.

Gottabesweet said:
PPR

Boyd, Hooper, 4th, 2020 4th and 5th

1.5, Wentz, Ian Thomas, 2020 2nd and 3rd. 

First Four Draft Picks (Jacobs, Henderson, Murray, Harry) 
In a vacuum,I'd slightly prefer the Boyd side of this. I think he's a high-end WR3 for years to come. Like a young Golden Tate, he's a very valuable PPR asset. I also like Hooper a ton more than Thomas, both short and long term. But, with how this draft fell, with 2 outliers in the top-3, I think I'll take Wentz and the picks. 

Gottabesweet said:
1.5 or Calvin Ridley, Sanders, Montgomery or DK pick one. 
Ridley>Montgomery>Sanders>>Metcalf would have been my ranks. 

I’m in Dynasty, Doyle will be gone after this year. I’m not the least bit concerned about Ebron’s Value, short or long term. I have two spots available at that position. I got one of the vets I wanted then i’ll get one of the rooks later but I’m happy with the trade.

Tex
I’m curious how you can say Doyle will be gone after this year yet you’re are not concerned at all long term with ebron, despite the fact that both are free agents after this season?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m curious how you can say Doyle will be gone after this year yet you’re are not concerned at all long term with ebron, despite the fact that both are free agents after this season?  
Ebron is younger and outplayed him on lesser snaps. If you were running the organization the obvious choice is Ebron. So no I’m not concerned, every trade or draft picks has pros and cons. IMO the pros outweighs the cons.

Tex

Ebron is younger and outplayed him on lesser snaps. If you were running the organization the obvious choice is Ebron. So no I’m not concerned, every trade or draft picks has pros and cons. IMO the pros outweighs the cons.

Tex
Yeah that doesn’t address your pipe dream that ebron will be there long term yet Doyle will be gone after this year

One could argue that because Ebron is younger he could be more expensive, which could lead to Indy not being a buyer. Why not sign Doyle to a modest deal and see what you have in Mo Cox? 

Especially when Indy has to make a decision on TY Hilton this offseason as well as Mack. A TE trying to get overpaid isnt as high of a priority for most teams. 

One could argue that because Ebron is younger he could be more expensive, which could lead to Indy not being a buyer. Why not sign Doyle to a modest deal and see what you have in Mo Cox? 

Especially when Indy has to make a decision on TY Hilton this offseason as well as Mack. A TE trying to get overpaid isnt as high of a priority for most teams. 
Mack still has 2 years left on his deal, and I'd be blown away if Indy let Hilton(also 2 years left) go anywhere, unless he completely fell apart, which he's shown zero signs of. In fact, his rate stats were the best of his career last year.

Indy also has the most cap room of any team in the NFL, with basically no dead money at all. They have plenty of room to keep both Ebron and Doyle if they want. Also a modest deal would be a paycut for Doyle who makes over 5 million this year. 

Mack still has 2 years left on his deal, and I'd be blown away if Indy let Hilton(also 2 years left) go anywhere, unless he completely fell apart, which he's shown zero signs of. In fact, his rate stats were the best of his career last year.

Indy also has the most cap room of any team in the NFL, with basically no dead money at all. They have plenty of room to keep both Ebron and Doyle if they want. Also a modest deal would be a paycut for Doyle who makes over 5 million this year. 
for some reason I thought Mack and Hilton were FA after this year. My mistake 

Tyler kroft just signed a 3 year $18.75 million contract.   Wouldn’t count on a discount for Doyle, or any te for that matter

Tyler kroft just signed a 3 year $18.75 million contract.   Wouldn’t count on a discount for Doyle, or any te for that matter
True, although that was by a mostly poorly run team. Indy has arguably been the best run FO since Ballard took over. If some dumb team offers Doyle say, 3-24, I don't think it'll be Indy. 

Sent 20 and 30 for 16 and 41

took Hockenson 

They took Dionte Johnson or Hakeem Butler (had back to back picks).  Pick 30 and 41hadn’t happened yet. 

12 tm superflex

Team A gets kirk

team b gets kupp
In a startup I did, Kupp went 3 rounds ahead of Kirk. Round 4 and 7 respectively. 

Sent 20 and 30 for 16 and 41

took Hockenson 

They took Dionte Johnson or Hakeem Butler (had back to back picks).  Pick 30 and 41hadn’t happened yet. 
Not that I'd call Hockenson a bad pick, and maybe I'm hanging on too much to what I thought pre-draft, but I think I'd rather have Butler than Hockenson. Its possible I'm way too high on Butler. Still, all 3 of those guys should have gone higher on my opinion.

For comparisons sake, in my rookie draft picks 16 and 41 were Diontae Johnson(by a Steelers fan), and Treyveon Williams, and picks 20 and 30 were Justice Hill, and Kelvin Harmon.

Doyle is currently on a huge deal. Not sure if he’ll take less if he doesn’t have to.

Tex

Yeah that doesn’t address your pipe dream that ebron will be there long term yet Doyle will be gone after this year
We all believe we will win our League, that’s the pipe dream. What i’ve imagine is a possibility not a pipe dream. Whether I’m right or not will not make or break my team. Ebron was a top ten draft pick. Some of you may have forgotten about that. He’s still young, experienced and has that same draft capital as TJ....with more skin on the wall.

Yes, I’m beating on a young more accomplished TE who was drafted in the top 10 vs an UDFA.

Tex

We all believe we will win our League, that’s the pipe dream. What i’ve imagine is a possibility not a pipe dream. Whether I’m right or not will not make or break my team. Ebron was a top ten draft pick. Some of you may have forgotten about that. He’s still young, experienced and has that same draft capital as TJ....with more skin on the wall.

Yes, I’m beating on a young more accomplished TE who was drafted in the top 10 vs an UDFA.

Tex
I'm with you. His stats have gotten better each year, with a statistically insignificant dip in Detroit. He is still young and has improved on his technique as well. He has had drop issues throughout his career but has shown improvement there as well. I don't see him repeating last year's numbers but he has set a personal goal of 18 TDs this year. I'll take the under thank you very much but still, just the fact he thinks it's possible is something. They're gonna throw to him and use him as the weapon they know him to be. Doyle is JAG who can block and play snaps and will get a piece of the pie. I want Ebron's slice.

Tex
This is the essence of it. You're not mortgaging your future on him. And it really isn't that far fetched anyway. I think Ebron is the obvious choice and continue to be amazed how low the FF community is on him.

I'm with you. His stats have gotten better each year, with a statistically insignificant dip in Detroit. He is still young and has improved on his technique as well. He has had drop issues throughout his career but has shown improvement there as well. I don't see him repeating last year's numbers but he has set a personal goal of 18 TDs this year. I'll take the under thank you very much but still, just the fact he thinks it's possible is something. They're gonna throw to him and use him as the weapon they know him to be. Doyle is JAG who can block and play snaps and will get a piece of the pie. I want Ebron's slice.
I agree with the general take here although as a lions fan I had no problem shipping him off this offseason, but I’m obviously biased. I disagree with a couple things here- first that ebron is getting better with the drops- that may be statistically accurate but he still drops passes he should reel in, often when it matters most. Doyle caught 80 balls two years ago, he’s not a Michael hooomanamamamawi type who blocks and nothing else. If ebron weren’t there we’d be hyping Doyle as potential comeback player of the year. They will eat into each other’s opportunities. 

Doyle is not currently on a huge deal. He's in the final year of a 3 year $18 million contract.   He’s making $5 million this year
Doyle is the 14th highest paid te this season. 

Jimmy Graham makes 10 mil in 2019.

Ebron could demand a salary that pays him 9-10mil a season, especially if he has as good of a season as many in here think. IMO not sure that's worth it, especially when they may not be signing Hilton and Mack this offseason, but will need to plan to sign them. Oh yeah, and this guy named Andrew Luck who will be demanding a big contract in a couple years or be looking for an extension sooner. 

Sure, they have cap space, but they NEED it for some pretty important positions coming up. 

I'd be surprised if they signed him, but then again GMs do stupid stuff all the time that surprises me. 

Just dealt:

Dwayne Haskins

for

2020 1st.

12 team Superflex PPR , took him at 1.6 in our rookie draft and I considered him a luxury as I still have Ryan, Rivers, Darnold and Lock.  Pick could be anywhere but I’m happy either way as I made the pick on value not because I love Haskins.  First year of this league fwiw.

It's still a bad trade because you know you're in the minority thinking that, so you know you can get more. 

I think you could get a mid 2019 first on top of Kirk for kupp in a lot of leagues.
So if you want to move Kupp and you like Kirk you hold because you can't get more?  I make the trade and hope I'm right on Kirk being undervalued.

Wait... You think you can get a mid first and Kirk for Kupp? Are you related to Kupp?

Doyle is the 14th highest paid te this season. 

Jimmy Graham makes 10 mil in 2019.

Ebron could demand a salary that pays him 9-10mil a season, especially if he has as good of a season as many in here think. IMO not sure that's worth it, especially when they may not be signing Hilton and Mack this offseason, but will need to plan to sign them. Oh yeah, and this guy named Andrew Luck who will be demanding a big contract in a couple years or be looking for an extension sooner. 

Sure, they have cap space, but they NEED it for some pretty important positions coming up. 

I'd be surprised if they signed him, but then again GMs do stupid stuff all the time that surprises me. 
I'd agree on Luck and Hilton, but Ebron is both more important, and plays a more important position than Mack. Mack getting a 2nd contact would be the biggest surprise. Especially since Reich is a big believer in using multiple RB's. That was a big reason they didn't go after Bell. 

So if you want to move Kupp and you like Kirk you hold because you can't get more?  I make the trade and hope I'm right on Kirk being undervalued.

Wait... You think you can get a mid first and Kirk for Kupp? Are you related to Kupp?
If someone offered you their 7th and 8th round picks for your 4.4 in a dynasty startup, would you be interested?  I don't think it's a slam dunk for either side.  

Here's the first free dynasty ranking i found googling dynasty adp 2019. It's rankings not adp but it doesn't seem far off to me and is about what i saw in a recent ffpc startup. 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dynasty-overall.php

Kupp 40th overall, wr19.

Kirk 79th overall, wr34.

In a 12 team league that's an early 4th round startup for a 7th. 

Popular mid 2019 first round picks like dk, Paris, fant and hockenson are 86th through 97th - so pretty squarely in the 8th round.  

12 team .5 ppr Devy

Team A- trades Mahomes and Funchess

Team B- trades A Rodgers, Keenan Allen and Michael Thomas 

Team A- Trades Lockett 

Team C- trades Pettis and 3.04

Thoughts? 

12 team .5 ppr Devy

Team A- trades Mahomes and Funchess

Team B- trades A Rodgers, Keenan Allen and Michael Thomas 

Team A- Trades Lockett 

Team C- trades Pettis and 3.04

Thoughts? 
I like what Team A gets in both trades. I see Lockett as = Pettis in terms of potential upside, so it’s a 3.4 for free.  Granted I own Pettis in 3 of 3 dynasty leagues so...

And the first trade is basically 1 stud QB for 3 stud players (I guess Rodgers is a waning stud, but still top 6 QB in start 1 QB leagues)

If someone offered you their 7th and 8th round picks for your 4.4 in a dynasty startup, would you be interested?  I don't think it's a slam dunk for either side.  

Here's the first free dynasty ranking i found googling dynasty adp 2019. It's rankings not adp but it doesn't seem far off to me and is about what i saw in a recent ffpc startup. 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dynasty-overall.php

Kupp 40th overall, wr19.

Kirk 79th overall, wr34.

In a 12 team league that's an early 4th round startup for a 7th. 

Popular mid 2019 first round picks like dk, Paris, fant and hockenson are 86th through 97th - so pretty squarely in the 8th round.  
I run my teams by my gut. You obviously let someone else run yours. I don't give a rats behind what some ranking system says. If I like Kirk and want to move Kupp away he goes. I mean I sure wouldn't take the first offer but if that's all I get, he goes. I guess we'll see in 3 years but I doubt either win you a league or anything.

That first trade is absurd. I'd take Michael Thomas over mahomes, but even if i preferred mahomes, adding in Rodgers should be more than enough. 

Throwing in Keenan Allen for funchess is just ridiculous.  

The second trade is just preference.  I mildly prefer Lockett if I need him to win now and i mildly prefer Pettis and a third if I'm rebuilding or have enough wr depth that i don't need to start Lockett.  

I run my teams by my gut. You obviously let someone else run yours. I don't give a rats behind what some ranking system says. If I like Kirk and want to move Kupp away he goes. I mean I sure wouldn't take the first offer but if that's all I get, he goes. I guess we'll see in 3 years but I doubt either win you a league or anything.
This seems unnecessarily hostile. 

I quoted the rankings because you and @JackReacher said a first was too much to add. This is the dynasty trade value thread, so people are looking for a consensus trade value, not just what slider thinks or bostonfred thinks, and the rankings i posted say there's a big gap between the two.

That should be valuable information for someone who owns kupp and prefers kirk like you do. Maybe you can get Kirk and a first in your league.  

I agree that Kirk has upside and i don't blame you for being high on his talent.  He looked good last year before he got hurt.  Kupp was a stud rb1 last year before he got hurt.

Kupp returns to the same qb, same offense, and the rams haven't added any receivers.  Kirk returns to a different qb, a completely different offense, and the team spent a couple early picks on new receivers.  

There's a reason kupp is going so much higher than Kirk.  That doesn't mean you're wrong. I think Arizona will be much better on offense this year and will run a ton if plays, and Kirk has a good chance to enter 2020 as their wr1 which could be very valuable.  If you believe in him and Murray and the air raid then he's a clear buy.  

If we're talking about trade value, it's a bad trade.  If we're talking about who you prefer in a vacuum, it's good to know that there are people out there who prefer kirk to kupp. 

That first trade is absurd. I'd take Michael Thomas over mahomes, but even if i preferred mahomes, adding in Rodgers should be more than enough. 

Throwing in Keenan Allen for funchess is just ridiculous.  

The second trade is just preference.  I mildly prefer Lockett if I need him to win now and i mildly prefer Pettis and a third if I'm rebuilding or have enough wr depth that i don't need to start Lockett.  
same

All FFPC - a bunch that went down in the last week or so, not involved in any of them: Team A is the same in all, and B and so forth

Team A gives McCoy, 2020 2nd

Team B gives Funchess

Team C gives DJ Moore, Mike Williams

Team A gives Julio

Team A gives Conner, Snell, Jesse James

Team D gives Damien Harris, Godwin, Trey Burton

Team B gives Kittle

Team C gives Lindsay, 2020 1st (not a good team not a bad team, IDK)

Different league, different A, B.....

Team A gives Bell

Team B gives Brandon Cooks, 2020 1st (likely late, this team is stacked)

Team A gives Jalen Richard, Coutee

Team C gives Damien Harris

Team C gives Antonio Brown, 2020 3rd

Team D gives Conner

One more FFPC league:

Team A gives Ito Smith, Ronald Jones, 2020 1st (late)

Team B gives Guice

This last one irks me a little as I am defending champion and the team getting Guice is by far and away my stiffest competition. I am *not* a Guice fan, but I would expect to pay more than this to get him.

Continuously taking less than market value in deals will inevitably kill your chances forever in dynasty leagues.  There is really no debating that.  

You also seems to be refusing to acknowledge that you will be wrong many times over on players.

Knowing your limitations and using value will allow you to acquire a greater number of "your" players as you go.  

Just dealt:

Dwayne Haskins

for

2020 1st.

12 team Superflex PPR , took him at 1.6 in our rookie draft and I considered him a luxury as I still have Ryan, Rivers, Darnold and Lock.  Pick could be anywhere but I’m happy either way as I made the pick on value not because I love Haskins.  First year of this league fwiw.
Any read on the 2020 1st yet, or do we just assume it is random?

I think you sold too soon and Haskins will be worth maybe 2x random 2020 1sts in a SF league. Very likely to be worth a 1st+ at minimum. 

Any read on the 2020 1st yet, or do we just assume it is random?

I think you sold too soon and Haskins will be worth maybe 2x random 2020 1sts in a SF league. Very likely to be worth a 1st+ at minimum. 
Early to mid but that’s at best a guess.  You could be right and that was my main worry.  Although I am trying to acquire ammo to get another star table RB 2-3 type or consolidate to an RB1 and Haskins is my best chip to fill a position of need.  This may not be the end of the line but the first step toward that.  I’m not sure if the value you describe would have played out in this league.  First year startup and first year dynasty for some  guys and they undervalue QB’s so far so don’t think his value would climb as high as two firsts.

Appreciate the response.

All FFPC - a bunch that went down in the last week or so, not involved in any of them: Team A is the same in all, and B and so forth

Team A gives McCoy, 2020 2nd

Team B gives Funchess

Team C gives DJ Moore, Mike Williams

Team A gives Julio

Team A gives Conner, Snell, Jesse James

Team D gives Damien Harris, Godwin, Trey Burton

Team B gives Kittle

Team C gives Lindsay, 2020 1st (not a good team not a bad team, IDK)

Different league, different A, B.....

Team A gives Bell

Team B gives Brandon Cooks, 2020 1st (likely late, this team is stacked)

Team A gives Jalen Richard, Coutee

Team C gives Damien Harris

Team C gives Antonio Brown, 2020 3rd

Team D gives Conner

One more FFPC league:

Team A gives Ito Smith, Ronald Jones, 2020 1st (late)

Team B gives Guice

This last one irks me a little as I am defending champion and the team getting Guice is by far and away my stiffest competition. I am *not* a Guice fan, but I would expect to pay more than this to get him.
League 1: I think team A lost all 3 deals. Not sure why they wanted Funchess, and they didn't get much for Julio or Conner. The Kittle for Lindsay and a 2020 1st seems pretty far to me, I'd probably prefer Kittle but its close. Team C made out pretty well, trading 3 young guys with upside, but also question marks, for Julio and Kittle. I'd bet that 1st rounder is a later pick now.

League 2:  Bell+Coutee for Harris+Cooks+2020 late 1st looks like a downgrade for team A. Team B likely improved getting Bell, and team C stayed the same. I probably would have preferred to keep Brown, but I'm not a huge Conner believer. 

League 3: I think that is a fair price to pay for Guice, I prefer the Guice side, but I can see a scenario where the other side wins, especially if that pick ends up higher than expected, if Guice disappoints.

Continuously taking less than market value in deals will inevitably kill your chances forever in dynasty leagues.  There is really no debating that.  

You also seems to be refusing to acknowledge that you will be wrong many times over on players.

Knowing your limitations and using value will allow you to acquire a greater number of "your" players as you go.  
I have done very well for 20 years.

Users who are viewing this thread