What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

14 team PPR. First round of off-season bidding happened yesterday and I pulled a bunch of cheap guys. Didn't expect it to pay off so quickly.

Gave: Ty Johnson

Got: Chris Thompson 

14 team PPR. First round of off-season bidding happened yesterday and I pulled a bunch of cheap guys. Didn't expect it to pay off so quickly.

Gave: Ty Johnson

Got: Chris Thompson 
value wise its a good flip, but good luck guessing which weeks you should start Chris Thompson 

League 1: I think team A lost all 3 deals. Not sure why they wanted Funchess, and they didn't get much for Julio or Conner. The Kittle for Lindsay and a 2020 1st seems pretty far to me, I'd probably prefer Kittle but its close. Team C made out pretty well, trading 3 young guys with upside, but also question marks, for Julio and Kittle. I'd bet that 1st rounder is a later pick now.

League 2:  Bell+Coutee for Harris+Cooks+2020 late 1st looks like a downgrade for team A. Team B likely improved getting Bell, and team C stayed the same. I probably would have preferred to keep Brown, but I'm not a huge Conner believer. 

League 3: I think that is a fair price to pay for Guice, I prefer the Guice side, but I can see a scenario where the other side wins, especially if that pick ends up higher than expected, if Guice disappoints.
I agree with almost all of your take here. Except Funchess I'll take him over McCoy every day. Snapcall if I woke up to that offer. Even if I'm wrong I don't care because I am simply never starting McCoy in my lineup again. The 2nd doesn't change that for me. 

Other thoughts - I love DJ Moore and Mike Williams and that could prove to be a good long-term deal but give me Julio.

If Bell performs even 75% as well as he did in Pitt then that side wins easily. I'm not the biggest Cook fan but there are a lot of people you might be able to flip Harris to. There is at least a chance Bell flops.

The Kittle for Lindsay and a 1st would be tough for me depending on team needs. I guess that means it is close.

This thread got me thinking. Just traded Ebron for a first next year and a 4th round rookie this year since that team would lose it for roster space in this league. It's a 3 round draft, but if you over-cut, you get extra picks. 12 team 22 man roster. Team that never makes the playoffs. I just won and have Henry, Reed, and Hurst at TE. Not premium. Start 1. Can flex a 2nd.  . 5ppr  .5 per 1st down. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with almost all of your take here. Except Funchess I'll take him over McCoy every day. Snapcall if I woke up to that offer. Even if I'm wrong I don't care because I am simply never starting McCoy in my lineup again. The 2nd doesn't change that for me. 
The 2nd is the most valuable thing in that deal to me. maybe I'll be completely wrong, but I'm not expecting much of anything from Funchess. I think he'll be the 4th option in that passing game behind Hilton, Ebron, and Campbell, and he's only on a 1 year deal. The more I think about it, I think its 2020 2nd>McCoy>Funchess for me. I could at least see McCoy having some relevance. 

The 2nd is the most valuable thing in that deal to me. maybe I'll be completely wrong, but I'm not expecting much of anything from Funchess. I think he'll be the 4th option in that passing game behind Hilton, Ebron, and Campbell, and he's only on a 1 year deal. The more I think about it, I think its 2020 2nd>McCoy>Funchess for me. I could at least see McCoy having some relevance. 
IMO there is no chance Funchess has less targets than Campbell

Standard 12-Team PPR

Team A gave Kenyan Drake

Team B gave DK Metcalf
im higher on metcalf than most and he was going anywhere from 1.06-1.12 in a lot of the ppr rookie drafts ive seen, so this is about right

I think you could prolly have moved drake for a pick in that range to the pick owner, especially if they were later when all the rbs were going to be off the board

so moving him after the draft for a guy who was picked in the same range seems about right

gimme DK tho

im higher on metcalf than most and he was going anywhere from 1.06-1.12 in a lot of the ppr rookie drafts ive seen, so this is about right

I think you could prolly have moved drake for a pick in that range to the pick owner, especially if they were later when all the rbs were going to be off the board

so moving him after the draft for a guy who was picked in the same range seems about right

gimme DK tho
Agreed. I'm not super high on DK, but I figured it was worth the upside play. He could very well be another Treadwell, but the risk seemed worth the possible reward. 

IMO there is no chance Funchess has less targets than Campbell
We'll see. I think Indy will find out pretty quickly what the Panthers did, and that is that Funchess isn't very good. They were hoping he'd be the #1 until Moore was ready, and not only did Moore outplay and outarget him, but Samuel did as well down the stretch, and those players are both similar to Campbell. 

Standard 12-Team PPR

Team A gave Kenyan Drake

Team B gave DK Metcalf
Give me Metcalf for sure. Drake has a way of rubbing coaches the wrong way, both Saban and Gase had no problems playing multiple guys over him. If I had any belief in Ballage, I'd think he's got a shot to be next in line. I think Miami's 2020 starting RB isn't currently on the roster yet.

Metcalf, in my opinion, is a sneaky candidate to be Seattle's long term #1 WR. I think Lockett is a nice player, but he's not a guy passing games are built around. I'm not saying it will happen this year, but it might show signs of happening down the stretch.

12 team Superflex,m a few deals, not involved in any

Team A gets- Metcalf, Golladay

Team B gets- Evans

Same team B gets- Foles, '20 2nd

Team C gets- Haskins

Team A from the above deal gets- Derek Carr

Team D gets- Brees

So if you want to move Kupp and you like Kirk you hold because you can't get more?  I make the trade and hope I'm right on Kirk being undervalued.

Wait... You think you can get a mid first and Kirk for Kupp? Are you related to Kupp?
These discussions confirm my view that Kupp is completely overvalued at this point (and I like him a lot). Admittedly I'm probably higher on Kirk than most, but to me they're almost equivalent assets and Kirk has more upside if anything.

It seems Kupp went from being undervalued this time last year to suddenly being some kind of premium asset? He's somewhere between WR2-3 for his own team, competing for targets with two other very good WRs, and he's coming off an ACL injury that was during the season so he's probably not going to come out guns blazing this season. He's probably maxed out at WR2 level to be honest. I kind of view him for fantasy (at his peak) as a slightly more dynamic version of Dolphins-era Landry. That's fine, but it's not a high end asset and I don't see any reason to value him appreciably higher than Kirk. If you could sell Kupp for Kirk plus a first of any kind I think you'd be making out like a bandit. 

These discussions confirm my view that Kupp is completely overvalued at this point (and I like him a lot). Admittedly I'm probably higher on Kirk than most, but to me they're almost equivalent assets and Kirk has more upside if anything.

It seems Kupp went from being undervalued this time last year to suddenly being some kind of premium asset? He's somewhere between WR2-3 for his own team, competing for targets with two other very good WRs, and he's coming off an ACL injury that was during the season so he's probably not going to come out guns blazing this season. He's probably maxed out at WR2 level to be honest. I kind of view him for fantasy (at his peak) as a slightly more dynamic version of Dolphins-era Landry. That's fine, but it's not a high end asset and I don't see any reason to value him appreciably higher than Kirk. If you could sell Kupp for Kirk plus a first of any kind I think you'd be making out like a bandit. 
He was wr15 in average fp/g last year and was the guy Goff looked to in the redzone. He might be wr2 or 3 in targets on his own team but he has incredible efficiency. 

Honestly I think Woods is over valued, and Cooks somehow is looked at as a wr1 but he finished wr22 in average last season. Cooks scored 0.6 more per game than Alshon Jeffery last season 

I would trade Kupp for Kirk and a 1st for sure, but I'd take Kupp over Kirk straight up all day 

Kupp was in the same company as Evan's, AJ Green, Keenan Allen. Would anyone trade any of those 3 for Kirk straight up?

He was wr15 in average fp/g last year and was the guy Goff looked to in the redzone. He might be wr2 or 3 in targets on his own team but he has incredible efficiency. 

Honestly I think Woods is over valued, and Cooks somehow is looked at as a wr1 but he finished wr22 in average last season. Cooks scored 0.6 more per game than Alshon Jeffery last season 

I would trade Kupp for Kirk and a 1st for sure, but I'd take Kupp over Kirk straight up all day 

Kupp was in the same company as Evan's, AJ Green, Keenan Allen. Would anyone trade any of those 3 for Kirk straight up?
Now I think about it more, I think all of the Rams receivers are overrated for fantasy. Cooks in particular always has stats that look good at the end of the year, but when you're putting him in your lineup week to week, you never feel like you're getting sure thing points from an elite guy. 

I just think there's more risk with Kupp as a medium term asset than seems to be reflected in his value. I get that the stats may have said he's in the same company as those guys, but I vertainly wouldn't place him there. All of them are clear #1 targets on their teams. Kupp isn't. Yes, Goff looked to him in the red zone and he was efficient last year, but it's a really small sample size. It might continue and Kupp might even get better, but he also might be third in line behind Woods and Cooks this year. 

Kirk has similar competition for targets, but those targets (outside of Fitz) are less established and he's younger than Kupp (who was an older rookie coming out). Maybe it's just I view Kirk as undervalued more than it is Kupp is overrated. I don't know. I just don't see a massive difference between them and I think there's a decent chance their values are flipped this time net year. 

Now I think about it more, I think all of the Rams receivers are overrated for fantasy. Cooks in particular always has stats that look good at the end of the year, but when you're putting him in your lineup week to week, you never feel like you're getting sure thing points from an elite guy. 

I just think there's more risk with Kupp as a medium term asset than seems to be reflected in his value. I get that the stats may have said he's in the same company as those guys, but I vertainly wouldn't place him there. All of them are clear #1 targets on their teams. Kupp isn't. Yes, Goff looked to him in the red zone and he was efficient last year, but it's a really small sample size. It might continue and Kupp might even get better, but he also might be third in line behind Woods and Cooks this year. 

Kirk has similar competition for targets, but those targets (outside of Fitz) are less established and he's younger than Kupp (who was an older rookie coming out). Maybe it's just I view Kirk as undervalued more than it is Kupp is overrated. I don't know. I just don't see a massive difference between them and I think there's a decent chance their values are flipped this time net year. 
I think they have similar upsides, but right now Kupp has a much better qb and offense. Who knows what happens in AZ. Yes, by this time next year Kirk could be a huge value. I agree, but we already know Kupp can do it. We still dont know about Kirk

I think they have similar upsides, but right now Kupp has a much better qb and offense. Who knows what happens in AZ. Yes, by this time next year Kirk could be a huge value. I agree, but we already know Kupp can do it. We still dont know about Kirk
Depends on how much proof you require. Kirk's rookie year matches up pretty favorably to Kupp's. And that's without playing with professionals.

Depends on how much proof you require. Kirk's rookie year matches up pretty favorably to Kupp's. And that's without playing with professionals.
It's good that they invested in a new coach and quarterback but they also invested in new receivers.  

How certain are you that kirk will be one of the top two cardinals receivers in 2020?  It's not even totally clear for 2019, and he's the incumbent. 

How certain are you that the short quarterback can succeed behind an offensive line that had season ending injuries at every position last year?

How confident are you in the gimmicky college system that nobody else in the NFL runs?

These are all legitimate questions beyond Kirk's individual talent.  

I like him, but he's still in the cautiously optimistic bucket where I'd previously put "sure things" like sterling shepherd and courtland sutton. 

12 team PPR dynasty (large roster and taxi squad)

Devante Freeman

For

Allen Robinson and a 2021 3rd rounder

Team getting Freeman is stacked at WR, team getting Robinson is weak and very unlikely to make the playoffs.

12 team dynasty PPR IDP

I traded Fred Warner and 2019 1.03 for Devonta Freeman and 2020 1st. Salary ;league so somewhat of a cap move for the other team, but still I think I made out pretty good. :)

Any read on the 2020 1st yet, or do we just assume it is random?

I think you sold too soon and Haskins will be worth maybe 2x random 2020 1sts in a SF league. Very likely to be worth a 1st+ at minimum. 
Same league - just dealt Courtland Sutton for a 2020 1st. 

Leaves me with 3 2020 1sts and no starting players moved.  Now i just have to try and hold on and not deal these picks away too soon...but I...Love...trading.

FFPC style best ball (this is one that disbands after 2020 jackpot season)

I gave Carson, Penny, Lindsay, Olsen

I got 1.01, Hunt, Tre'Quan Smith

I'm more or less wanting to sell Lindsay where I can. I love him I'm just skeptical. Don't like losing Carson and Penny stack but I have Chubb and Michael Thomas and I think Smith could breakout this year. And I think Jacobs can be big.

FFPC style best ball (this is one that disbands after 2020 jackpot season)

I gave Carson, Penny, Lindsay, Olsen

I got 1.01, Hunt, Tre'Quan Smith

I'm more or less wanting to sell Lindsay where I can. I love him I'm just skeptical. Don't like losing Carson and Penny stack but I have Chubb and Michael Thomas and I think Smith could breakout this year. And I think Jacobs can be big.
Seems very fair. Gun to my head I take your side, but I love me some Penny. 

Super flex 12 team, PPR

A gave Josh Jacobs, 2020 1st

B gave Amari Cooper, Donna Foreman (A has Miller)

Super flex 12 team, PPR

A gave Josh Jacobs, 2020 1st

B gave Amari Cooper, Donna Foreman (A has Miller)
Superflex I take Jacobs and the 1st easily.  Standard or PPR scoring, nope I still take Jacobs/1st easily.  Makes me realize I have Jacobs too low in my rankings (or Amari too high, idk).

Amari WR6, Jacobs RB14
I think we're close enough there (although I wouldn't have Jacobs quite that high - probably same tier, but below Henry, Guice, KJ, maybe fornette) perhaps it's just a matter of positional value. 

FWIW, I traded Jacobs. Now I start Watson, Henry, Miller/Guice(I expect guice to take over mid season), Evans, Allen, Cooper, j cook, Trubisky, kupp, Pettis, Lutz, probably stream defense (chargers and Titans on the roster). 

WR might be too strong relative to the RBs, but I'll take it.

14-team PPR (.5/1.0/1.5 for RB/WR/TE) and IDP league, with various bonuses for length of TD.

I'd recently acquired a pile of rookie draft picks (12 total, 6 in the first 3 rounds) in an ROD that had just preceded the rookie draft, which is now underway. 

Traded 1.04 and 3.07 to move up to 1.02 to take Josh Jacobs RB OAK. (Kyler Murray was a surprise 1.01 pick). With the luxury of so many rookie picks, I felt very good having to give up only a third rounder (#35 overall) to get my top-ranked player in the draft.

Then traded 2.04, 2.05, 6.05, 6.07, 7.07 to acquire 1.12 and 3.12. The late round picks were pretty superfluous to me as I was already holding more picks than roster size would permit to retain. I took Marquise Brown WR BAL at 1.12, gambling that none of the top-tier WRs would still be there at 2.04 (as it turned out, it was the correct gamble, at least the way I had the tiers worked out). Draft is currently in the early third round.

During the rookie draft (I'm only involved with the first one):

Eric Ebron for 2020 1st and 2019 4.3 (they would have lost the pick for roster space.) (I traded away Ebron. Not TE premium. I still have Henry, Reed and Hurst at TE) 

1.8, 1.10 and 2021 1st for 1.1 (dude is huge Raider homer. Irony is this was his pick that he traded away before the draft last year) & 3.10

Jamaal Williams for John Ross

3.7 & 2020 2nd for 2.10 (dude really wanted Singletary) 

Superflex I take Jacobs and the 1st easily.  Standard or PPR scoring, nope I still take Jacobs/1st easily.  Makes me realize I have Jacobs too low in my rankings (or Amari too high, idk).
Yeah Superflex pushes this to the Jacobs side for me handily.  It would be closer in non-SF but once you mix the QBs in for SF I can easily come up with 12 guys I REALLY like in next year's class.  I think that pick will be a really nice prospect regardless of where in the 1st round it ends up.

Dynasty 12 team, non PPR, standard scoring, has length of years style contracts cap

Team A gave:  C Newton, E Engram, A Cooper, Godwin...   (team has contract concerns against the cap)

Team B gave:  A Luck, D Njoku, B Cooks, 2019 pick 1.10...   (team has Rodgers and no cap concerns, but does save a couple of years)

Users who are viewing this thread