What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

12 team PPR, QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/QB Flex/K/DEF

Team A Receives:

Ben Roethlisberger, Terrelle Pryor, and T.J. Yeldon

Team B Receives:

Ryan Tannehill, Cameron Meredith, and Lamar Miller

Another trade was just completed involving Team A:

Team A Receives:

Matt Jones 

Team C Receives: 

T.J. Yeldon

Last edited by a moderator:
Two trades:

12 team .5 PPR dynasty
Devontae Booker for 2017 1st round pick from a contender (6-2)

12 team .5 PPR super flex dynasty (3RB/4WR/2TE/Flex/Superflex)

Sterling Shepard and 2017 2nd round pick (mid to late) for Tyler Eifert

kittenmittens said:
Give Jimmy Graham and a 2018 2nd (mid to late) 

Get a 2018 first (mid? not the strongest team long term) 
hard to tell as it's over a year away but I think I'd take Graham unless I felt the 1st had a good chance to be top 5.

Team A got Derrick Henry, 2017 2nd

Team B got Jay Ajayi
Henry, easily IMO.  

Christine Michael for 2017 3rd
yikes.  I'm regretting having dealt Michael for a 2nd early in the season (actually it was Hill and CM for a 1st and 2nd, but basically equated to CM for a 2).  And that was before CM appeared to take the job long term.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was out of the running in one of my contract dynasty leagues so have started a rebuild. In the last few weeks have pulled off the following:

Gave: Nelson (1yr)
Got: 2017 1st

Gave: Edelman (1yr), Jerrell Freeman (2yr) and Tahir Whitehead
Got: Josh Gordon (1yr), Paul Perkins (Taxi), 2017 2nd (x2)

Gave: Matt Ryan (1yr)
Got: Andy Dalton (4yrs), Dante Fowler (4yrs) & 2017 2nd.

So I now have 2 firsts next year, both looking like they'll be top 5 and 4 second rounders. My plan is to hold the picks and then look at what they can get me closer to the draft.

FFPC/ PPR, 1.5 PPR TE premium, 12 team,  QB, 2- RB, 2- WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, D.

Gave: Hopkins and Marshall

Got: Josh Gordon, Jeremy Hill, Ty Montgomery, 17#1-guaranteed top 4, two 17#2's-mid round, 17#3

My team is not rebuilding, just had a poor start. Hop of course is future building block but trade was made with next season and beyond as goals. Always risky dealing a young stud when you don't get a proven young stud in return, at least a non-suspended one, but felt the haul worth the risk.  Not really any bearing on this trade valuation but my own pick should be top 6 and it's a draft playoff so a strong chance I'll have two top 4 picks.

FFPC/ PPR, 1.5 PPR TE premium, 12 team,  QB, 2- RB, 2- WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, D.

Gave: Hopkins and Marshall

Got: Josh Gordon, Jeremy Hill, Ty Montgomery, 17#1-guaranteed top 4, two 17#2's-mid round, 17#3

My team is not rebuilding, just had a poor start. Hop of course is future building block but trade was made with next season and beyond as goals. Always risky dealing a young stud when you don't get a proven young stud in return, at least a non-suspended one, but felt the haul worth the risk.  Not really any bearing on this trade valuation but my own pick should be top 6 and it's a draft playoff so a strong chance I'll have two top 4 picks.
Not a fan. I don't see this as a haul. Gordon may never play again. I could possibly get behind moving Marshall for Hill/Monty. So that leaves us with Hop for Gordon/1/2/2/3. I would have needed another 1 or a better prospect (not upside wise obviously but in terms of likelyhood to actually ever play again). Of course if Gordon plays and hits you win.

Not a fan. I don't see this as a haul. Gordon may never play again. I could possibly get behind moving Marshall for Hill/Monty. So that leaves us with Hop for Gordon/1/2/2/3. I would have needed another 1 or a better prospect (not upside wise obviously but in terms of likelyhood to actually ever play again). Of course if Gordon plays and hits you win.
Fair enough and thank for feedback, though I of course don't agree.

I'll just add a few things and you touched on one already. Gordon might not play gain, and he might. He's every bit as talented as Hop and  only ear older. Could have had a second instead but would not do the deal without getting him back.

I don't think you value the guaranteed top 4 pick nearly as much as I do. It's an unknown, like Gordon returning. It's also fair to point out you don't get this haul, and yes I think it's a haul, for 2016 Hopkins. So it's also unknown when or if Hopkins goes back to producing like last year. I know he's talented, had to grow and was blocked by Andre early but again fair to point out as he is in year 4 he's had one WR1 season.

Marshall, in leagues I'm in, is not valued like you seem to indicate. He's old and not producing great. Even last year when he was younger and on fire in a different but similar league I could not get what you are suggesting, not even close really. He's just not that valued right now and he's not even worth the two 2's IMO, at least not for my team. People are just not breaking down the door for 32 year old guys having WR3 seasons.

I also value Monty way more than you appear to value him, I think he might be FA pickup of the year in leagues. Again unknown if he keeps this hybrid role but I for one think he is here to stay in Green Bay offense in one role or another and I don't worry about his sickle cell issue. He also could be switched to RB next year which I think ups his value, not that I'm banking on it but I do think it's possible. I know for sure Marshall would not have got me Monty straight up and I don't disagree, I'd have for sure dealt Marshall for him straight up.

Couple of small ones for me in a 12 team PPR dynasty

gave rob kelley

got 2017 second (mid)

then gave thielen and a late 2017 third 

got sproles

Actually have to start sproles this week

Fair enough and thank for feedback, though I of course don't agree.

I'll just add a few things and you touched on one already. Gordon might not play gain, and he might. He's every bit as talented as Hop and  only ear older. Could have had a second instead but would not do the deal without getting him back.

I don't think you value the guaranteed top 4 pick nearly as much as I do. It's an unknown, like Gordon returning. It's also fair to point out you don't get this haul, and yes I think it's a haul, for 2016 Hopkins. So it's also unknown when or if Hopkins goes back to producing like last year. I know he's talented, had to grow and was blocked by Andre early but again fair to point out as he is in year 4 he's had one WR1 season.

Marshall, in leagues I'm in, is not valued like you seem to indicate. He's old and not producing great. Even last year when he was younger and on fire in a different but similar league I could not get what you are suggesting, not even close really. He's just not that valued right now and he's not even worth the two 2's IMO, at least not for my team. People are just not breaking down the door for 32 year old guys having WR3 seasons.

I also value Monty way more than you appear to value him, I think he might be FA pickup of the year in leagues. Again unknown if he keeps this hybrid role but I for one think he is here to stay in Green Bay offense in one role or another and I don't worry about his sickle cell issue. He also could be switched to RB next year which I think ups his value, not that I'm banking on it but I do think it's possible. I know for sure Marshall would not have got me Monty straight up and I don't disagree, I'd have for sure dealt Marshall for him straight up.
I think it was a fair trade, and I think you're right that jeaton seems to be valuing Marshall much higher than what he is actually going for out on the trade market.  32 year old underperforming WRs on bad teams with no QB solution in sight don't exactly carry much trade value.

And I agree that I don't think the top 4 pick is worth that much less than Hopkins in this particular draft class.  If Hopkins had picked up where he left off last year sure, but there is some risk in him now.  Not as much as the draft pick, but enough to at least matter.

12 team .5 PPR super flex dynasty (3RB/4WR/2TE/Flex/Superflex)

Team A (1-7) gives Christine Michael for Team B's (7-1) 2017 1st and 2nd and 2018 3rd 

And I agree that I don't think the top 4 pick is worth that much less than Hopkins in this particular draft class.  If Hopkins had picked up where he left off last year sure, but there is some risk in him now.  Not as much as the draft pick, but enough to at least matter.
Here is some idea of Hopkins value now vs starting the season, these are trades that were discussed but not made.

The team I just traded Hopkins to had offered me Elliot for him straight up before the season and I passed. Granted Elliot went from unknown to sure thing but I offered Hopkins plus Marshall plus Jordan Howard and could no longer sniff EE and I could not disagree.

Another FFPC league and this was two weeks ago, understanding values change so quickly but this one involved me trying to trade for Hopkins and major piece I was giving up was Michael Thomas. So two weeks ago and since Hopkins has had two bad games so probably valued a little less and  Thomas put up 23 and a solid game against Seattle so I think safe to say his value is up the more solid games he puts in his log. So just trying to frame picture of where they were two weeks ago, not how you see them today.

After some back and forth I was offered Hopkins for Michael Thomas and a first round pick, not mine, of a team that currently would be pick 5 but as FFPC works it could be 1-6, more likely closer to 6 for a few reasons. That was an easy no for me two weeks ago.

Not trying to rain on Hopkins, he's good and I think he will eventually rebound but again when and to what degree and in the here and now he and Marshall are not only WR3's but per PFF WR rating 2 of the 3 worst WR's in the league. A somewhat bogus stat because it's based on QB rating throwing to that WR and they have bad QB's but still speaks to how inefficient of a season both are having. 

12 team .5 PPR super flex dynasty (3RB/4WR/2TE/Flex/Superflex)

Team A (1-7) gives Christine Michael for Team B's (7-1) 2017 1st and 2nd and 2018 3rd 
Like that for both teams and actually did a somewhat similar trade like this in one of my leagues 

I think it was a fair trade, and I think you're right that jeaton seems to be valuing Marshall much higher than what he is actually going for out on the trade market.  32 year old underperforming WRs on bad teams with no QB solution in sight don't exactly carry much trade value.

Not that high on Marshall that said I don't think Monty/Hill is some sky high valuation either. Hills value is way down from 2014 and he has done little this year to recover any of it. No one is paying 1st rounders for him. Most deals for Monty I've seen and done have been for a 2. Marshall underperforming but we know his upside with Fitz at QB. He's been banged up. 

The top 4 pick is a great asset but I'm not one to value something like that anywhere near the same as an established young star like Hopkins. We all knew he and Marshall would regress this year.  I'd just have preferred to hold Hopkins. The other piece is fine for me.

This is how I see it also. 

Hey, y'all. This is my first year in dynasty and I'm looking to do my first deal involving future picks. But I'm having trouble gauging value of future picks vs. current player value.

This not meant to be a WDIS or Rate My Trade, I know what I want to do I just need to understand the value of future picks better.

So I started dyno in rebuilding mode haha 1-7 or whatever. I have Alshon and guy wants to trade for him. Rejected the deal for players and want to counter with a player + future picks.

I'm asking for Tyreek Hill + ??? round pick for Jeffrey.

So first, what is a late 20s borderline WR1 very good WR2 like AJ worth straight up for a pick? Is that first round value? Second round? And then what is a sexy young WR like Hill who was picked up off the wire, obviously that's more subjective of a value but is a young upside guy like that worth a third? Fourth? I have no clue.

TIA :)

Hey, y'all. This is my first year in dynasty and I'm looking to do my first deal involving future picks. But I'm having trouble gauging value of future picks vs. current player value.

This not meant to be a WDIS or Rate My Trade, I know what I want to do I just need to understand the value of future picks better.

So I started dyno in rebuilding mode haha 1-7 or whatever. I have Alshon and guy wants to trade for him. Rejected the deal for players and want to counter with a player + future picks.

I'm asking for Tyreek Hill + ??? round pick for Jeffrey.

So first, what is a late 20s borderline WR1 very good WR2 like AJ worth straight up for a pick? Is that first round value? Second round? And then what is a sexy young WR like Hill who was picked up off the wire, obviously that's more subjective of a value but is a young upside guy like that worth a third? Fourth? I have no clue.

TIA :)
If you don't get a first (especially if it's a good team you are dealing with) don't even consider it. Personally I'd keep Jeffrey even in a rebuilding mode, as he's the type of player you'd want to build around.

P.S. This thread really isn't for this type of discussion (at one point there was a "Dynasty Value" type thread on here - not sure if it fell into oblivion. 

If you don't get a first (especially if it's a good team you are dealing with) don't even consider it. Personally I'd keep Jeffrey even in a rebuilding mode, as he's the type of player you'd want to build around.

P.S. This thread really isn't for this type of discussion (at one point there was a "Dynasty Value" type thread on here - not sure if it fell into oblivion. 
Yeah I know I just didn't know of a better place to get info and figured it would be relevant to other new dynasty folks as well. I searched for Jeffrey on this thread and found a few posts re: his value but not much as far as future picks.

Dynasty Value thread would be ideal but I ain't seen it. :)

Couple deals that went down that I'm not involved in

10 team 2 qb 3 wr 3 rb 2 te 1 flex .5ppr

Team A traded - T. Pryor, T. Sharpe

Team B traded - M. Floyd, 2017 2nd (likely 2.01)

Team C traded - Corey Coleman and Michael Thomas (Saints

Team D traded - Jeffery, 2017 2nd (late), 2018 2nd (late)

Team A traded - Brees, 2017 4th

Team E traded - Flacco, K. Britt, 2018 1st (mid I guess?  Hard to predict that far out for this team)

Team C traded - Corey Coleman and Michael Thomas (Saints

Team D traded - Jeffery, 2017 2nd (late), 2018 2nd (late)

Team A traded - Brees, 2017 4th

Team E traded - Flacco, K. Britt, 2018 1st (mid I guess?  Hard to predict that far out for this team)
These last two seem particularly easy to call IMO.  Not sure why someone would trade Coleman/Thomas for Jefferey and a couple 2nds.  I'd take either rookie over Jefferey right now.

And I'd likely trade Brees for a mid 1st even if I were 8-0 and I actually had to start Flacco from here on out. Don't like Britt, but he's just icing. That's just too much value to pass up.

FWIW for the thread, deal in .5ppr 1rb2wr1flex 14-team:

Tyreek Hill + 2017 1st (likely top 5 pick)

for 

Alshon

12 team standard

JStewart + Stills

for

Tyrell

Basically wanted Stewart off my roster so I don't luck into any more wins this year. Had offered him to the same owner for Abdullah (rejected), and offered someone else for a 2nd+Cordarelle (rejected), and for Decker (no response). 

12 Team PPR Dynasty with IDP

Melvin Gordon for Tyreek Hill/Preston Brown.
Brown is doing well but unless your idp are worth more than in my leagues, gordon. 

Gave joe Schobert and a 4th for Rashad Jennings.  With charles out I needed a new rb/flex, ppr

Brown is doing well but unless your idp are worth more than in my leagues, gordon. 

Gave joe Schobert and a 4th for Rashad Jennings.  With charles out I needed a new rb/flex, ppr
Scoring is as follows

Tackles: 1.5

Assists: .75

Sack: 3

1/2 Sack: 2

Int: 4

Fumble Recovery: 4

Forced Fumble: 2

PD: 1

We also gets points for INT return yardage and fumble recovery yardage. 

14 team PPR, flex-heavy lineups.

Gave:

K Allen, Decker, throw-ins

Got:

Alshon, D Lewis, throw-ins
If I'm playing for next year give me Keenan/Decker pretty easily.  It might actually depend on those throw in's to sway the value.  Not a big Alshon or Lewis fan though.

12 TM PPR QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE

Gave: C. Michael and 2017 1st

Got: McCoy

Trying to make one more run this year.

12 team PPR.  I'm one of the top teams and had the RB depth to make this deal to get a shot at one of the top picks next year.

Gave: Booker, Meredith, 2017 1st (9-12)

Got: 2017 1st and 2nd.  Currently 1.03 and 2.03, could fall anywhere from 1-4 in the round...I think Booker will be back in a timeshare next year and losing him doesn't hurt my chances this year...

12 team PPR.  I'm one of the top teams and had the RB depth to make this deal to get a shot at one of the top picks next year.

Gave: Booker, Meredith, 2017 1st (9-12)

Got: 2017 1st and 2nd.  Currently 1.03 and 2.03, could fall anywhere from 1-4 in the round...I think Booker will be back in a timeshare next year and losing him doesn't hurt my chances this year...
I don't like projecting picks on trades such as this. Could end up being 1.06 and 2.06. One never knows. I would take the other side all day long. 

Users who are viewing this thread