What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

Texans can get clear of Oswelier after next year and he's really only had one bad year after changing teams.  Bortles has been horrible for 4 years and the Jags have shown a propensity to hang onto suckitude for long periods of time.  Gun to my head I take Hopkins.
But at least Robinson has put up respectable numbers with Bortles. No one has put up good numbers with Brock. And even if they move on from Brock, then what? There's no guarantee the next guy will be any better.

Honestly, I'm a bit down on both of these guys, but I'll take the one with the QB who's shown he can get him the ball.

10 team 1QB 3RB 5WR 2TE 1superflex 1regularflex plus full IDP (1DT 2DE 3LB 2CB 2S) .5ppr - Not involved

Team A traded:  Le'Veon Bell, 2017 3rd (Mid probably, cause it really matters)

Team B traded:  AJ Green 2017 1st (1.08 - 1.10)

Team B is defending champion and will make playoffs for sure

ETA:  The guy giving up Bell is out of contention but a decent team overall

Last edited by a moderator:
10 team 1QB 3RB 5WR 2TE 1superflex 1regularflex plus full IDP (1DT 2DE 3LB 2CB 2S) .5ppr - Not involved

Team A traded:  Le'Veon Bell, 2017 3rd (Mid probably, cause it really matters)

Team B traded:  AJ Green 2017 1st (1.08 - 1.10)

Team B is defending champion and will make playoffs for sure

ETA:  The guy giving up Bell is out of contention but a decent team overall
Bell

Some deadline deals from some of my leagues all 12 team dynasty PPR:

Team A gets Jordan Howard, Jamison Crowder, pick 2.1

Team B gets Abdullah, Alshon Jeffrey, Tyreek Hill

---------------

Team C gets Kelvim Benjamin, Vinatieri

Team D gets Marvin Jones, Broncos Defense 2017 1st rounder (prob pick 1.10-1.12)

------------------------------

Team E gets Jason Witten

Team F gets Cordalle Patterson

----------------------------

Team G gets Dez, Mike Floyd, Zach Miller

Team H gets Alshon Jeffrey, Randall Cobb, Hunter Henry

-------------------------------

Team I gets Spencer Ware, Cameron Meredith

Team J gets Tyreek Hill,  2 mid to late 2017 2nds, a late 3rd

------------------------------------

Team K gets Lagarette Blount, 2017 4th, 2018 4th

Team L gets 2017 mid/late 1st

----------------------------------------

Team M gets Jimmy Graham

Team N gets Fleener, 2017 3rd rounder

---------------------------------

Team O gets Rob Kelley, Mike Floyd

Team P gets Cole Beasley, Cameron Brate

-------------------------------

This list is from 5 different leagues.

How isn't he? He's consistently put up big numbers for two seasons now and looks the part. I'm not saying that trade was worth it (it's not) but I also don't see how Cousins isn't a top 12 dynasty QB.
Redraft absolutely. No debate. I can name at least 10 guys I'd definitely take over him and about 4-5 others I see him in similar company dynasty wise. So I guess to me that's low QB1/high QB2. I personally would like to see him get the contract in WAS and perform at least on par with 2015 pace for a full year before slotting him top 12. 

10 guys ahead of him no order: Dak, Rodgers, Cam, Ryan, Winston, Wilson, Luck, Bortles (yes the offense has sucked this year but I still see him as low end QB1 in dynasty), Ben, Carr, Mariota

Stafford, Brady, Brees, Dalton (gets about as much respect as Cousins), Tyrod, Wentz

Some might argue Brady and Brees are still dynasty QB1's I wouldn't strongly disagree at all.

Redraft absolutely. No debate. I can name at least 10 guys I'd definitely take over him and about 4-5 others I see him in similar company dynasty wise. So I guess to me that's low QB1/high QB2. I personally would like to see him get the contract in WAS and perform at least on par with 2015 pace for a full year before slotting him top 12. 

10 guys ahead of him no order: Dak, Rodgers, Cam, Ryan, Winston, Wilson, Luck, Bortles (yes the offense has sucked this year but I still see him as low end QB1 in dynasty), Ben, Carr, Mariota

Stafford, Brady, Brees, Dalton (gets about as much respect as Cousins), Tyrod, Wentz

Some might argue Brady and Brees are still dynasty QB1's I wouldn't strongly disagree at all.
For two seasons now he's been as good or better than the 10 definites you put ahead of him. I'm not saying you are wrong about your subjective opinions but I also can't see how you could claim some one was wrong for saying he's a dynasty QB1, because he has been and is still young. I don't see anyway that he doesn't remain in Washington. What are their other options? When you find a QB you have to keep him.

With all that said the fact that you can list all those QBs, and have a legitimate argument in every case, just shows why it was a bad trade, which was really your overall point anyway.

14 team .. no ppr .. standard scoring 

10-1, clinched playoff spot and bye in 1st round of playoffs, just lost AJ Green

Gave: 2017 1st round pick (#8-12) 

Got: Kelvin Benjamin

For two seasons now he's been as good or better than the 10 definites you put ahead of him. I'm not saying you are wrong about your subjective opinions but I also can't see how you could claim some one was wrong for saying he's a dynasty QB1, because he has been and is still young. I don't see anyway that he doesn't remain in Washington. What are their other options? When you find a QB you have to keep him.

With all that said the fact that you can list all those QBs, and have a legitimate argument in every case, just shows why it was a bad trade, which was really your overall point anyway.
He hasn't been as good or better than all those guys fantasy wise over the past two seasons and I believe he's older than all but 3 of them. If we are defining QB1 in dynasty by fantasy ppg then clearly he qualifies over the past 2 years. If it accounts for age, situation, trade value, etc then again I'm on the fence. I see him in a low end QB1/High End QB2 tier.

I don't think I ever said someone was "wrong". I  asked who was saying it, disagreed and provided my opinion on who I thought was ahead of him. 

Yes overall point is to me it's a bad trade regardless of the progress the guy acquiring Cousins has made.

Traded away Gurley and Terrell Pryor for Mike Evans and  Devonte Booker and 1st round rookie 2017 pick (expected late) 

Only can start 1 WR, non-PPR, must start 4 RBs and devy weakened?
To be fair this was a few weeks ago., at the time the only news was he was out of walking boot. Other owner was making a strong playoff push and was down on the Watkins injury.

16 team, PPR, performance bonus

all my trades this year.

trade 1:

gave Lacy, AP

got L Murray, Watkins, R Mathews, Cobb

(early in the year)

trade 2:

gave Cobb, moncrief, Mathews, howard

got Gurley, L Bell

league loves to trade. 

all my trades this year.

trade 1:

gave Lacy, AP

(early in the year)

trade 2:

got Gurley, L Bell

league loves to trade. 
You should trade more often. Nice work

downsouth said:

all my trades this year.

trade 1:

gave Lacy, AP

(early in the year)

trade 2:

got Gurley, L Bell

league loves to trade. 
and you love to butt rape.  

Just made this trade in a 14-team Superflex with shallow rosters (19). I have one TE (Julius Thomas who is out for week 12) and need to get Watkins from IR to the active roster. Draft has comp picks after the 1st and 2nd round so the 2017 3rd could be #36 - #42 overall (4.01 to 4.06 in a 12 teamer). 

I gave...

John Brown, Matt Jones and a 2017 3rd

I get...

Hunter Henry

all my trades this year.

trade 1:

gave Lacy, AP

(early in the year)

trade 2:

got Gurley, L Bell

league loves to trade. 
Yeah but they are terrible at it...you fleeced threm in these deals

all my trades this year.

trade 1:

gave Lacy, AP

(early in the year)

trade 2:

got Gurley, L Bell

league loves to trade. 
Less relevant when posted now. Where were you 2 months ago? 

Bfrahm3 said:
12 team PPR

im 8-4 and leader in points: gave Olsen and 2018 first

got: jimmy graham
Ouch.   I'd rather have Greg Olsen.  Probably straight up would have been fair IMO. Graham turns 30 in a week and has worse injury history. 

Ouch.   I'd rather have Greg Olsen.  Probably straight up would have been fair IMO. Graham turns 30 in a week and has worse injury history. 
Both are old so age doesn't matter to much to me, it's a move to win this year and I consider grahams chance to help me win this year a lot better then olsens. It's more then I wanted to give up but if I get a championship I'm fine with losing a pick that is still a year away

Both are old so age doesn't matter to much to me, it's a move to win this year and I consider grahams chance to help me win this year a lot better then olsens. It's more then I wanted to give up but if I get a championship I'm fine with losing a pick that is still a year away
I'm not sure how this helps all that much this year. Olsen has scored more total points than Graham, and he's scored more PPG. Heck, Olsen is the number 1 TE in my PPR league.

I agree with kittenmittens. I prefer Olsen over Graham straight up.

It might work out if Graham stays healthy and has good games down the stretch here...  3 of 4 at home is good news,  Wilson has sucked on the road this year. 

I'm not sure how this helps all that much this year. Olsen has scored more total points than Graham, and he's scored more PPG. Heck, Olsen is the number 1 TE in my PPR league.

I agree with kittenmittens. I prefer Olsen over Graham straight up.
Very true, I guess it's risky and a steep price to pay for the risk but graham wasnt involved the first two games which hurts his PPG, and yes Olsen is still TE1 but that's because of his dominance the first 6 weeks, since his bye week 7 he's has one game over 10 points and it was mainly because he actually got a TD, otherwise he has basically put up 40 yards in each of the last 3 weeks. Graham has a much better chance catching a TD plus with the last loss Seattle is going to have to play out the year hard to get the second bye which I think helps grahams chances of producing. 

Very true, I guess it's risky and a steep price to pay for the risk but graham wasnt involved the first two games which hurts his PPG, and yes Olsen is still TE1 but that's because of his dominance the first 6 weeks, since his bye week 7 he's has one game over 10 points and it was mainly because he actually got a TD, otherwise he has basically put up 40 yards in each of the last 3 weeks. Graham has a much better chance catching a TD plus with the last loss Seattle is going to have to play out the year hard to get the second bye which I think helps grahams chances of producing. 
Makes sense. I hope it works out for you. Good luck in your championship quest ?

I don't disagree necessarily with the logic. Though trends have a way of reversing themselves at the wrong time...I wish others in my leagues felt the way you do. 

Really interested in what logic the guy dealing Graham used to get you to pay this price though? 

I don't disagree necessarily with the logic. Though trends have a way of reversing themselves at the wrong time...I wish others in my leagues felt the way you do. 

Really interested in what logic the guy dealing Graham used to get you to pay this price though? 
Oh yeah with my luck Olsen will start doing good again. The owner is active but he doesn't trade a lot, I asked him if he would be interested trading graham, he said yes, I started with Olsen and a most likely early third. He said he isn't that interested since Olsen isn't doing as good and is actually older then graham. I told him I could go up to a 2017 second (not mine so mid second) and he tried getting a 2017 first which was to much for me so I figured a 2018 first which doesn't really give him any value for another 2 years so not that much different then a 2017 second. 

Oh yeah with my luck Olsen will start doing good again. The owner is active but he doesn't trade a lot, I asked him if he would be interested trading graham, he said yes, I started with Olsen and a most likely early third. He said he isn't that interested since Olsen isn't doing as good and is actually older then graham. I told him I could go up to a 2017 second (not mine so mid second) and he tried getting a 2017 first which was to much for me so I figured a 2018 first which doesn't really give him any value for another 2 years so not that much different then a 2017 second. 
That's not really true, because owning a 2018 first, immediately gives him an asset. He can possibly trade that pick during the 2017 draft for a first (or early second if a player he likes falls) or he can trade it for a player - just like you did (and could have in the future).

Personally I think it was an overpay and I'm not convinced that Graham even outperforms Olsen for the rest of the season (and even if he does, how significantly can it possibly be?). I don't think a six game trend is all that significant, in fact if you believe in a player having a "mean", it's likely that Olsen picks it up over the last few games. If it works out and Graham wins you a championship, great - but it's unlikely imo that he'll make enough of a difference that it was worth giving a first away.

I'm not trying to slam you here - I just think it's an interesting discussion. Hope it works out for you.

That's not really true, because owning a 2018 first, immediately gives him an asset. He can possibly trade that pick during the 2017 draft for a first (or early second if a player he likes falls) or he can trade it for a player - just like you did (and could have in the future).

Personally I think it was an overpay and I'm not convinced that Graham even outperforms Olsen for the rest of the season (and even if he does, how significantly can it possibly be?). I don't think a six game trend is all that significant, in fact if you believe in a player having a "mean", it's likely that Olsen picks it up over the last few games. If it works out and Graham wins you a championship, great - but it's unlikely imo that he'll make enough of a difference that it was worth giving a first away.

I'm not trying to slam you here - I just think it's an interesting discussion. Hope it works out for you.
And I get that but I'm 99% sure he won't be trading that pick, in the last two years I think he has made 3 trades and all of them have been started by another owner. He doesn't have a bad team but could be if he actually looking into trading. Against a more trade active owner then I definitely wouldn't have wanted to give up as much and I also think I would have needed to cause a different owner probably would have taken a 2017 second. 

It is risky but I figure I'd rather take my 10-30 points a week from graham then 5-15 from olsen.

I understand the overpay by that logic.   I've done it myself, trying to wrestle players I really want from an owner who had to be blown away to trade at all.   You basically just have to be bold and try to trade away players you see on the downslide of value in your overpay and hope in hindsight it was an underpay, which it sounds like Bfrahm3 did here.   

I understand the overpay by that logic.   I've done it myself, trying to wrestle players I really want from an owner who had to be blown away to trade at all.   You basically just have to be bold and try to trade away players you see on the downslide of value in your overpay and hope in hindsight it was an underpay, which it sounds like Bfrahm3 did here.   
True. Sorry if it came off as bashing the guy (not my intention although I can see how it could look like it) - I can surely see this logic and know the type he was dealing with. Personally I would have stayed put but perhaps he's right in thinking Graham is about to explode and become a difference maker. In that case it may turn out to be a good deal for him.

i want to back up ware and trade for

West, Charcandrick KCC RB, 25 years

would

Gillislee, Mike BUF RB, 26 years

be a fair offer?
The only thing I understood about your question is you want to back up Ware.  Other than that I have no clue what you're asking.  Either way its the wrong forum for questions like that.  Try taking it to the AC for some responses, and maybe clean up the question to be more clear.

The only thing I understood about your question is you want to back up Ware.  Other than that I have no clue what you're asking.  Either way its the wrong forum for questions like that.  Try taking it to the AC for some responses, and maybe clean up the question to be more clear.
sorry, let me reformat that for you.

i want to back up spencer ware, and trade for: his backup c. West, would Gillislee, be a fair offer?

and sorry i didnt see a dynasty trade thread in the assistant coach forum.

btw, who are you?

Users who are viewing this thread