What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (36 Viewers)

12 team PPR

Julio Jones

for

Keenan Allen and Donte Moncrief
Yikes
Maybe im missing something since everybody else thinks this a horrible trade but i dont see it as that bad...yes julio is the best piece and he is bascially the #1-2 WR but keenan isnt a bad player, he was one of the top WRs before he got hurt and his situation hasnt diminished at all so I easily see him as a top 8 dynasty WR (he is only 23 i believe) and monecreif also performed pretty good in his "first" year actually being used, he finished as the #35 WR in my league but that was mostly because he dropped a bunch when Luck started missing time. Im not saying i would do this trade but if julio is pretty much my only WR then i wouldnt say its horrible

12 team PPR

Julio Jones

for

Yikes
Maybe im missing something since everybody else thinks this a horrible trade but i dont see it as that bad...yes julio is the best piece and he is bascially the #1-2 WR but keenan isnt a bad player, he was one of the top WRs before he got hurt and his situation hasnt diminished at all so I easily see him as a top 8 dynasty WR (he is only 23 i believe) and monecreif also performed pretty good in his "first" year actually being used, he finished as the #35 WR in my league but that was mostly because he dropped a bunch when Luck started missing time. Im not saying i would do this trade but if julio is pretty much my only WR then i wouldnt say its horrible
You don't downgrade from Julio to Allen to only get a WR like Moncrief who hasn't yet shown anything to suggest he will ever be a top tier WR. What's to miss?

12 team PPR

Team A got: Dion Lewis and Theo Riddick

Team B got: Jeremy Hill and Rishard Matthews

Team C got: Buck Allen and Melvin Gordon

Team D got: Jeremy Maclin and Alfred Blue

Team E got: Duke Johnson

Team F got: Gio Bernard

Bfrahm3 said:
Andy Dufresne said:
aaj1997 said:
12 team PPR

Julio Jones

for

Yikes
The problem is Allen has yet to play a full season and Rivers is getting older and could start to drop off at anytime. This is a deal you could in season if both Allen and Moncrief are having career years. Not in the off season with one rehabbing from an injury and the other had a very up and down year.

Warhogs said:
Bfrahm3 said:
Andy Dufresne said:
aaj1997 said:
12 team PPR

Julio Jones

for

Yikes
You don't downgrade from Julio to Allen to only get a WR like Moncrief who hasn't yet shown anything to suggest he will ever be a top tier WR. What's to miss?
I guess i just think monecrief is decent and will be able to get better, he came into the league as a very raw prospect and will be playing on a team that throws alot and has one of the top QBs for a long time, colts signed andre and drafted dorsett and people thought it would hurt monecrief and that didnt happen, also if i remember right monecrief was a main redzone/td guy for luck this year instead of the tes. I have keenan and monecrief on my dynasty team and yes i would trade them for julio but i also will have another guy on my bench that could fill in for monecrief. I just dont think this is a horrible trade and can easily see circumstances were this trade is a good one

Warhogs said:
Bfrahm3 said:
Andy Dufresne said:
aaj1997 said:
12 team PPR

Julio Jones

for

Yikes
I guess i just think monecrief is decent and will be able to get better, he came into the league as a very raw prospect and will be playing on a team that throws alot and has one of the top QBs for a long time, colts signed andre and drafted dorsett and people thought it would hurt monecrief and that didnt happen, also if i remember right monecrief was a main redzone/td guy for luck this year instead of the tes. I have keenan and monecrief on my dynasty team and yes i would trade them for julio but i also will have another guy on my bench that could fill in for monecrief. I just dont think this is a horrible trade and can easily see circumstances were this trade is a good one
The fact that you have to jump through so many hoops trying to defend this trade and play devil's advocate is evidence that this is not a good trade.

12 team dynasty PPR TE Bonus league

Team A gets Julius Thomas, Alfred Morris

Team B gets Deangelo Williams, Richard Rodgers,. pick 3.2, 4.1

Warhogs said:
Bfrahm3 said:
Andy Dufresne said:
aaj1997 said:
12 team PPR

Julio Jones

for

Yikes
The fact that you have to jump through so many hoops trying to defend this trade and play devil's advocate is evidence that this is not a good trade.
This.

When you trade a guy like Julio for a big downgrade, that 2nd player you get (on the Allen side) better darn well be someone better/more valuable than Moncrief. Frankly I don't care much for Moncreif. He could be ok, he could suck. Even if he is ok, still don';t like this deal. Add in the fact we have no idea what he will be, it makes it a bad deal IMO. And I like Allen a lot

Unless of course there are contract issues we are not aware of here that could change things for this trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warhogs said:
Bfrahm3 said:
Andy Dufresne said:
aaj1997 said:
12 team PPR

Julio Jones

for

Yikes
A "decent" guy isn't worth a whole lot right now at a position overflowing with studs.

While you're waiting for Moncrief to become startable he's on your bench.

Which means in your starting lineup you've swapped Julio for Keenan.

It's not just about getting equal value in sum but also about usability.

2 trades I made in 12 team PPR qrwwwtff

Gave: Buck Allen, Phillip Dorsett, 3.08

For: Ameer Abdullah, Ladarius Green

Gave: 1.05 and Deandre Smelter

For: Davante Parker

Same league, not involved:

Yeldon for Kelvin Benjamin

12 team PPR

Team A got: Dion Lewis and Theo Riddick

Team B got: Jeremy Hill and Rishard Matthews

Team C got: Buck Allen and Melvin Gordon

Team D got: Jeremy Maclin and Alfred Blue

Team E got: Duke Johnson

Team F got: Gio Bernard
hill, maclin, gio

12 team dynasty PPR TE Bonus league

Team A gets Julius Thomas, Alfred Morris

Team B gets Deangelo Williams, Richard Rodgers,. pick 3.2, 4.1
JT side

10 team QQRRWWWW

Team A got:

Mike Evans

Team B got:

Hopkins
Evans and the picks

2 trades I made in 12 team PPR qrwwwtff

Gave: Buck Allen, Phillip Dorsett, 3.08

For: Ameer Abdullah, Ladarius Green

Gave: 1.05 and Deandre Smelter

For: Davante Parker

Same league, not involved:

Yeldon for Kelvin Benjamin
green, parker, kelvin

Sorry for disagreeing with everyone i just see it differently, julio is better then keenan but monecrief is easily a guy that can make a jump to a WR2 or better, without actually calculating i believe he averaged 15 pints a game in my ppr dynasty with luck playing and he can easily improve that as he gets more experience. Again im saying that i can easily see situations were getting 2 players can can help you is better then only having one and the julio owner in my league is one, he took over the team this year and julio is pretty much his only option at WR in a start 3 WR and 2 flex league... I have stocked up on WRs the past couple of years with AJ green, OBJ, Evans, Keenan and then also have fitzgerald and monecrief...his starting lineup for wrs this year was mainly Julio, Nate washington, Torrey smith and mike wallace for a little bit. he is a rebuilding team so getting a wr in keenan that will average lets say 2-3 points less then julio and monecrief that will outscore either of this other 2 wrs plus have the potential to increase his value greatly i think it is a decent trade...We obviously run teams differently which is fine, i figure monecrief can easily have a top 20 finish next year and you guys dont, if he does tho i would think that the guy that got keenan and monecrief is going to be pretty happy about this trade

Sorry for disagreeing with everyone i just see it differently, julio is better then keenan but monecrief is easily a guy that can make a jump to a WR2 or better, without actually calculating i believe he averaged 15 pints a game in my ppr dynasty with luck playing and he can easily improve that as he gets more experience. Again im saying that i can easily see situations were getting 2 players can can help you is better then only having one and the julio owner in my league is one, he took over the team this year and julio is pretty much his only option at WR in a start 3 WR and 2 flex league... I have stocked up on WRs the past couple of years with AJ green, OBJ, Evans, Keenan and then also have fitzgerald and monecrief...his starting lineup for wrs this year was mainly Julio, Nate washington, Torrey smith and mike wallace for a little bit. he is a rebuilding team so getting a wr in keenan that will average lets say 2-3 points less then julio and monecrief that will outscore either of this other 2 wrs plus have the potential to increase his value greatly i think it is a decent trade...We obviously run teams differently which is fine, i figure monecrief can easily have a top 20 finish next year and you guys dont, if he does tho i would think that the guy that got keenan and monecrief is going to be pretty happy about this trade
does keenan and moncrief come out about the same or better, in ppg, than Julio + whoever moncrief would replace?

does keenan and moncrief come out about the same or better, in ppg, than Julio + whoever moncrief would replace?
This year no, because allen was injuried and monecreif played over half the year without Luck, Next year i would think so as long as everyone is healthy

I have keenan and monecrief on my dynasty team and yes i would trade them for julio but i also will have another guy on my bench that could fill in for monecrief.
Everyone has a WR on their bench that can easily replace Moncrief. That's kind of the point of why the trade was so horrible.

I have keenan and monecrief on my dynasty team and yes i would trade them for julio but i also will have another guy on my bench that could fill in for monecrief.
Everyone has a WR on their bench that can easily replace Moncrief. That's kind of the point of why the trade was so horrible.
I don't like the trade but I think I need to go do price checks on Moncrief, you folks are way to low on him. He's not bench fodder, he's not even going to turn 23 until training camp, Andre won't block him any longer and he's going to do a lot better with a full season of Luck.

I don't like the trade but I think I need to go do price checks on Moncrief, you folks are way to low on him. He's not bench fodder, he's not even going to turn 23 until training camp, Andre won't block him any longer and he's going to do a lot better with a full season of Luck.
I'm not low on him, but right now the wide receiver market is absolutely flooded with talented young upside wide receivers.

I agree w/ Meno, if the price was right, id buy wherever i could. He is in a really good situation.

Bingo.
Sure if you think that thats fine, i like monecrief and think he is going to be one of the better Fantasy WRs come a year or two so i dont see that the trade is horrible. Just for information, what are these bench WRs that you have that you think are easily as good or better then monecrief. You have my qouted words above that i have a guy on my bench to replace him but that guy is Fitzgerald probably better then most can say for a bench WR when in a 12 team ppr league were we start 2rb, 3 wr, 1te, and 2 flex

12 team PPR:

Jordy for L.Miller

We can start up to 4 WRs. I already have Brown, AJG, Evans, Hopkins and A-Rob, so Jordy was expendable. We have to start 2 RBs and all I had was Ingram, Gio and Sims.

Bingo.
Sure if you think that thats fine, i like monecrief and think he is going to be one of the better Fantasy WRs come a year or two so i dont see that the trade is horrible. Just for information, what are these bench WRs that you have that you think are easily as good or better then monecrief. You have my qouted words above that i have a guy on my bench to replace him but that guy is Fitzgerald probably better then most can say for a bench WR when in a 12 team ppr league were we start 2rb, 3 wr, 1te, and 2 flex
we get it. you want to trade Moncrief and Allen for Julio in your league so you won't stop trying to convince everyone how it's not a bad deal.

and as far as naming which WRs are easily as good or better on most benches - that's missing the general point about the current young wide receiver market in the dynasty landscape.

12 team PPR:

Jordy for L.Miller

We can start up to 4 WRs. I already have Brown, AJG, Evans, Hopkins and A-Rob, so Jordy was expendable. We have to start 2 RBs and all I had was Ingram, Gio and Sims.
Positional trades like this are often fairly balanced, in a "helps both sides" sense.

Don't know how desperate your trading partner was for WR help but good deal for you, getting a younger option at a position of need.

12 team PPR:

Jordy for L.Miller

Positional trades like this are often fairly balanced, in a "helps both sides" sense.

Don't know how desperate your trading partner was for WR help but good deal for you, getting a younger option at a position of need.
He had ODB, Cooks and Hurns as his top 3 so it helps him too. Of my 5 remaining WRs, I still have to bench one weekly when there are no byes, injuries, etc..

I'm not low on him, but right now the wide receiver market is absolutely flooded with talented young upside wide receivers.
That literally means you are "low" on him lol like what

Bingo.
we get it. you want to trade Moncrief and Allen for Julio in your league so you won't stop trying to convince everyone how it's not a bad deal.

and as far as naming which WRs are easily as good or better on most benches - that's missing the general point about the current young wide receiver market in the dynasty landscape.
Your right, its not because like i have said many times that i believe monecrief is going to be a great WR hence why i have him and why my opinion is that the trade wasnt that bad and in a year the guy that got keenan and monecrief may love the trade he did. While julio is amazing you need more then just julio on your team to win

Moncrief's January ADP on DLF is 2 spots behind Parker. Would dissenters feel differently if it were for Allen and Parker?

acidjazz said:
Dr. Octopus said:
menobrown said:
Dr. Octopus said:
That literally means you are "low" on him lol like what
?

Moncrief's January ADP on DLF is 2 spots behind Parker. Would dissenters feel differently if it were for Allen and Parker?
only in the sense that I like Parker more, would still feel as if it were light for Julio in that scenario also

Here's the problem with the Julio for Allen/Moncreif deal even if you are well above the mean in your expectations for Moncreif:

with such a wide consensus that Allen and Moncreif aren't worth Jones, the odds are good your trading partner feels the same way and rushed to click accept. In 99% of such cases, you could have gotten Allen, Moncreif AND something else.

I dont like parker as much as monecrief so yes i would pick the guy getting julio as the "winner" of the trade.

I also wasnt saying that i would want the allen monecrief side of it when i first commented, i was just saying that i didnt think it was a horrible trade like the others were saying and that i could see a reason that a owner would trade julio for those two wrs since both can end up being really good

I dont like parker as much as monecrief so yes i would pick the guy getting julio as the "winner" of the trade.I also wasnt saying that i would want the allen monecrief side of it when i first commented, i was just saying that i didnt think it was a horrible trade like the others were saying and that i could see a reason that a owner would trade julio for those two wrs since both can end up being really good
Right, I'm with you. I'd take Julio in the trade pretty easily, but I can see how a rebuilding team would prefer the 2 younger WRs. I like Moncrief and think he has a chance to become a borderline WR1 based on his raw ability and situation. I brought up Parker since he's similarly valued by ADP, but maybe has more value round these parts.

Trading a guy like JOnes for Allen/Moncreif because you view it like "Allen and Moncreif will combine for more points in my lineup than Julio and a scrap player" is NOT the way championship teams are built.

Users who are viewing this thread