What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (27 Viewers)

Ya these last two Julio trades arent that great. If it were a cap/contract league or something like that, where there are other things at play aside from strictly owning the player, I would maybe think differently. But IMO, there are just a few guys who you are never going to get fair value for, and even if you could, you prolly shouldnt settle for "fair"

With all the Keenan Allen talk going around, I thought this was interesting. I'm not involved:

Team 1 gave up:

Lewis, Dion NEP RB

Diggs, Stefon MIN WR

Year 2016 Round 1 Draft Pick from Rednecks

Team 2 gave up:

Allen, Keenan SDC WR

With all the Keenan Allen talk going around, I thought this was interesting. I'm not involved:

Team 1 gave up:

Lewis, Dion NEP RB

Diggs, Stefon MIN WR

Team 2 gave up:

Allen, Keenan SDC WR
Allen for me even if it is the 1.1.

Team 1 gave up:

Lewis, Dion NEP RB

Diggs, Stefon MIN WR

Team 2 gave up:

Allen, Keenan SDC WR
Tough one for me because I think Lewis and Diggs are both quality players. It might depend on what spot that pick is.

This went down this morning in FFPC league I'm in but I'm not involved in trade:

Team A gave:

Beckham

Cousins

Amendola

Team B gave:

David Johnson

Jarvis Landry

Carlos Hyde

2016 third, I think pick 9 or 10.

As it's FFPC this trade is basically the package Team B gave for Beckham since Cousins and Amendola are not likely keepers or bring much if anything back in a trade.

Give me the running backs, but I still make some inquiries to see if anyone wants Johnson and Landry for another stud wr.

This went down this morning in FFPC league I'm in but I'm not involved in trade:

Team A gave:

Beckham

Cousins

Amendola

Team B gave:

David Johnson

Jarvis Landry

Carlos Hyde

As it's FFPC this trade is basically the package Team B gave for Beckham since Cousins and Amendola are not likely keepers or bring much if anything back in a trade.
OBJ for me

Team 1 gave up:

Lewis, Dion NEP RB

Diggs, Stefon MIN WR

Team 2 gave up:

Allen, Keenan SDC WR
I like Lewis and the pick here, but can see the case for Allen.

While you're waiting for Moncrief to become startable he's on your bench.

Which means in your starting lineup you've swapped Julio for Keenan.

It's not just about getting equal value in sum but also about usability.
Sorry for disagreeing with everyone i just see it differently, julio is better then keenan but monecrief is easily a guy that can make a jump to a WR2 or better, without actually calculating i believe he averaged 15 pints a game in my ppr dynasty with luck playing and he can easily improve that as he gets more experience. Again im saying that i can easily see situations were getting 2 players can can help you is better then only having one and the julio owner in my league is one, he took over the team this year and julio is pretty much his only option at WR in a start 3 WR and 2 flex league... I have stocked up on WRs the past couple of years with AJ green, OBJ, Evans, Keenan and then also have fitzgerald and monecrief...his starting lineup for wrs this year was mainly Julio, Nate washington, Torrey smith and mike wallace for a little bit. he is a rebuilding team so getting a wr in keenan that will average lets say 2-3 points less then julio and monecrief that will outscore either of this other 2 wrs plus have the potential to increase his value greatly i think it is a decent trade...We obviously run teams differently which is fine, i figure monecrief can easily have a top 20 finish next year and you guys dont, if he does tho i would think that the guy that got keenan and monecrief is going to be pretty happy about this trade
It's kind of immaterial whether or not Moncrief develops into a weekly startable option, even if he makes it to high WR2 status. The point is the Julio trader could have done much better as lots of guys out there would have gladly paid way more.....even the equivalent of a 1st thrown in, or more.

Allen, Moncrief and a 1st? Hell, I still wouldn't pull the trigger.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 ppr 1/2/3/1/2 (flex)

Julio Jones for Mike Evans and Breshad Perriman.
I don't hate this one. I think Julio is probably worth more but I do think it is a good time to buy Evans and this deal is closer than current values suggest for me
julio all day. it's a good time to sell high on evans as people still believe he's a stud in the making and overlook that he can't catch.

12 ppr 1/2/3/1/2 (flex)

Julio Jones for Mike Evans and Breshad Perriman.
I don't hate this one. I think Julio is probably worth more but I do think it is a good time to buy Evans and this deal is closer than current values suggest for me
julio all day. it's a good time to sell high on evans as people still believe he's a stud in the making and overlook that he can't catch.
That was my thinking as the former Evans owner. I have a massive glut of young bordering on elite guys (watkins, allen robinson, keenan allen, kelvin benjamin, le'veon bell) and Evans had the value to sell off and get an elite return. Was a nice surprise to find in my inbox one afternoon. Opens my window next year and it shouldn't close anytime soon.

The difference between 1.10 and 2.2 could feel like a cliff soon. 1.10 should get a quality prospect. At 2.2 there's a good chance you'll be going from the second tier of receivers to the third, picking over the running backs who landed in bad spots, or taking a flyer on a qb.

Zealots IDP/PPR league.

I already have the 1.01.

Gave 1.05 & Kwon Alexander

Got 1.02
Who are you targeting?
I don't think it's much of a surprise to say I'm looking to get both Elliott and Treadwell.Someone might go to an awesome situation to change that but that's what I expect at this point.

I'm still pretty good at LB with Lavonte David, Telvin Smith, and Jordan Hicks.

Team 1 gave up:

Lewis, Dion NEP RB

Diggs, Stefon MIN WR

Team 2 gave up:

Allen, Keenan SDC WR
I think Lewis/Diggs and the pick. I would be pushing hard to try and flip Lewis and Diggs though

Team A gave:

Beckham

Cousins

Amendola

Team B gave:

David Johnson

Jarvis Landry

Carlos Hyde

OBJ but I can see the return being pretty useful

Cooper + 1.10 + 3.09

For

Robinson + 2.02
Cooper

Zealots IDP/PPR league.

I already have the 1.01.

Gave 1.05 & Kwon Alexander

Got 1.02
I like 1.05/Alexander but a solid effort to go get your 2 guys

Interesting. I kind of thought I was giving up just a little more than a spare part in Kwon. :shrug:

Just for fun - I ended up with the 1.01 after last year's draft. I took Winston with an early 2nd and flipped him.

Probably is a spare part but I don't think Treadwell is an IDP starter better than a few of the other WR's...not even sure I would take him as the first WR although that certainly is not a conventional move right now.

I think it is early enough you made a move to get the 2 most valuable picks using a piece you can afford. You still hold that value difference and can use it how you want when the time comes

bostonfred said:
The difference between 1.10 and 2.2 could feel like a cliff soon. 1.10 should get a quality prospect. At 2.2 there's a good chance you'll be going from the second tier of receivers to the third, picking over the running backs who landed in bad spots, or taking a flyer on a qb.
To early to know yet but that's almost exactly how the 2013 draft looked. On paper anyway and how they were valued at the time, not so much how it turned out.

That year was basically a consensus top 8. Bell, Ball, Lacy, Gio, Austin, Hopkins, Patterson and at least in leagues I play in which are TE premium Eifert. Those were first 8 picks in every single league I was in or viewed and after that you fell off the cliff. And by that I mean no consensus, maybe the player you picked at #9 in one league you could get in late second or even third in other leagues.

Reality is most of those top 8 stunk, though it's fair to say that except for Austin they all carried a high value at one point.

I've been thinking this year has a strong chance to be similar to that 2013 draft, but again to early to know yet.

bostonfred said:
To early to know yet but that's almost exactly how the 2013 draft looked. On paper anyway and how they were valued at the time, not so much how it turned out.

That year was basically a consensus top 8. Bell, Ball, Lacy, Gio, Austin, Hopkins, Patterson and at least in leagues I play in which are TE premium Eifert. Those were first 8 picks in every single league I was in or viewed and after that you fell off the cliff. And by that I mean no consensus, maybe the player you picked at #9 in one league you could get in late second or even third in other leagues.

Reality is most of those top 8 stunk, though it's fair to say that except for Austin they all carried a high value at one point.

I've been thinking this year has a strong chance to be similar to that 2013 draft, but again to early to know yet.
...and I think the pick swaps/upgrades are insignificant when you are talking about players valued as 3+ 1sts.

Not sure I remember a draft that I felt 1.10 was that much better than 2.02 it made a difference when I get the "stud" I prefer.

bostonfred said:

...and I think the pick swaps/upgrades are insignificant when you are talking about players valued as 3+ 1sts.

Not sure I remember a draft that I felt 1.10 was that much better than 2.02 it made a difference when I get the "stud" I prefer.
This was my reasoning. I wanted to buy on production, not promise, and the drop of four slots from 1.10 to 2.02 was worth it to me.

bostonfred said:

That was the whole point of me mentioning the 2013 draft where pick 1.9 absolutely was a huge difference than pick 2.1 or 2.2.

League 1, Non-ppr, 1 QB, 4 pt passing TD, 6 pt rushing/receiving TD

Team A gives:

Carson Palmer

Jeremy Langford

Team B gives:

Aaron Rodgers

League 2, non-ppr

Team C gives:

Dez Bryant

Tevin Coleman

Team D (owns devonta freeman) gives:
Antonio Brown

bostonfred said:

That was the whole point of me mentioning the 2013 draft where pick 1.9 absolutely was a huge difference than pick 2.1 or 2.2.
why do we still consider these small draft position adjustments as valuable? Especially pre-combine..

bostonfred said:

why do we still consider these small draft position adjustments as valuable? Especially pre-combine..
I gave an example why but now I just give up. You can all live in a your world where there is no difference in value between picks and I'll just live in mine.

bostonfred said:

Because they will be. Pre-combine is irrelevant. Pick upgrades are about what they WILL be worth on draft day, and they always increase in value right up until OTC. It's a guaranteed ROI and one smart owners jump all over.

League 1, Non-ppr, 1 QB, 4 pt passing TD, 6 pt rushing/receiving TD

Team A gives:

Carson Palmer

Jeremy Langford

Team B gives:

Aaron Rodgers

League 2, non-ppr

Team C gives:

Dez Bryant

Tevin Coleman

Team D (owns devonta freeman) gives:

Antonio Brown
Rodgers

Brown

bostonfred said:

I gave an example why but now I just give up. You can all live in a your world where there is no difference in value between picks and I'll just live in mine.
I know there are drastic value differences (especially on draft day!) but I'm questioning whether or not the should be based on outcomes

bostonfred said:

Sure but my point is the relative value in pick difference to the players being negligible.

If I am swapping Decker and Maclin it makes a massive difference in any draft year. Swapping ARob and Cooper not so much as long as I get the guy I prefer...

Here are a few deals that went down in some of my leagues the past week or so.

PPR Dynasty

Team A: Gave Ben Roethlisberger/Mike Evans/2016 pick 2.7

Team B: Gave Allen Robinson/2016 pick 3.2

Non PPR Classis Zealots Format

Team A: Gave Doug Martin

Team B Gave: Lamar Miller

PPR Dynasty Zealots

Team A Gave Percy Harvin

Team B Gave 2017 4th round pick

PPR Dynasty

PPR Dynasty Zealots

Team A Gave Percy Harvin

Robinson

Miller

Pick

PPR Dynasty

PPR Dynasty Zealots

Team A Gave Percy Harvin

Evans side, i feel like evans and Robinson are almost a push, the addition of a better pick and Ben make me lean this way

Push, IMO, comes down to preference. I dont have one at this point. Maybe after FA stuff shakes out there will be a winner here

Pick side. Percy sucks.

PPR Dynasty

PPR Dynasty Zealots

Team A Gave Percy Harvin

Evans side, i feel like evans and Robinson are almost a push, the addition of a better pick and Ben make me lean this way

Push, IMO, comes down to preference. I dont have one at this point. Maybe after FA stuff shakes out there will be a winner here

Pick side. Percy sucks.
I used to think that Evans and Robinson were similar, but after this past year it looks like Arob is definitely better for fantasy. Even on a team with lots of talent at WR he's still getting targets and points. While Evans struggles to get points if Vjax or ASJ is on the field.

Depends on where each player ends up, but right now I'd go with Miller.

Pick, Percy could retire.

PPR Dynasty

PPR Dynasty Zealots

Team A Gave Percy Harvin

ARob

Miller

Pick

PPR dynasty 12 team

Team A gave- Larry Fitzgerald, Justin Hardy, 2016 first (1.11), 2016 third (3.07) and 2017 Second (most likely late)

Team B gave- 2016 second (2.01) and 2017 first (most likely top 6)

PPR dynasty 12 team

Team A gave- Larry Fitzgerald, Justin Hardy, 2016 first (1.11), 2016 third (3.07) and 2017 Second (most likely late)

Team B gives a premium future pick in a deep draft for Fitz/Hardy and change? I'll be team A please.

PPR dynasty 12 team

I'll take team B. Hardy has some nice upside in that offense. Hardy + 1.11 for an early 1st is pretty even imo. A Second for Fitz is good value. The extra 2nd and 3rd gives the edge to Team B. I'm higher on Hardy than most though.

Nothing life changing but....

Tavon Austin

for

Jamison Crowder

Also this one:

Golden Tate + 2016 7th Rounder

for

Stefon Diggs + 2016 5th Rounder + 2017 2nd Rounder

Both are PPR

Users who are viewing this thread