What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

No context was provided before. That said I'm not seeing your team as good as you are for this year, certainly not WR.  Jordy not  productive without Rodgers, Agholor nice addition but up and down, Crowder non-existent this year, Juju unknown if he'll be consistent. Cooper inconsistent as well but seems like he has more potential to to get it than Crowder at a minimum. Who are your QBs? 
Agree that it isn't as good for this year but it's not like Amari or Doctson were power players that did much for me.  It helped with the future of my team and didn't cripple it's chances for the current year.  I call that a win.  QB's are Dak and Matty Ice btw.  

might have sold low  (was my 1.05 pick in 2015). 

Shepard, 4th

for

Two seconds (one early, one mid), early third, CWest.

At the time, couldn't find any deal for a 2018 first; made this believing that with my early second I will be able to move up if I want...

Needed to drop some points to stay in top 3 picks (worst 3 play for top pick).   Not sure, welcome any feedback.

Shepard, 4th

for

At the time, couldn't find any deal for a 2018 first; made this believing that with my early second I will be able to move up if I want...

Needed to drop some points to stay in top 3 picks (worst 3 play for top pick).   Not sure, welcome any feedback.
Shepard is an interesting case to me.

The guy was a mid-1st round rookie pick (around 1.06 ADP if I recall), had a nice rookie year, and now is having a pretty good second year (86-1085 16 game pace) and his value seems to have dropped considerably from where he was originally drafted.

Shepard is an interesting case to me.

The guy was a mid-1st round rookie pick (around 1.06 ADP if I recall), had a nice rookie year, and now is having a pretty good second year (86-1085 16 game pace) and his value seems to have dropped considerably from where he was originally drafted.
Agreed. He looks like a WR2 with WR1 upside for the foreseeable future. 

Shepard, 4th

for

I do understand this move. You trade a WR that is currently producing as WR1/high WR2 for a couple of 2nd rd darts.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Did two FFPC league trade deadline deals yesterday, one a few days ago and one a week ago.

Gave: Devontae Booker and a 2018 #3.( will be pick 12 and if not 11)

Got: 2018#2 of borderline playoff team.

Reason: I was unlikely to ever play Booker this year and based on what I know today unlikely to keep him when cuts are due. I have two #1's in this league but no #2 so got back in round 2 and better ammo to maybe move one of those picks up.

Gave: 2018 #3, playoff team so late.

Got: Martellus Bennett

Reason: Gronk handcuff, no trust for my non-Gronk TE's.

Gave: Burkhead, 2018#5, 2019#4, and SEA D

Got: Jags D

Reason: this is FFPC rules league for most part but a private league and only scoring difference is D's are a little more valuable. I got a contending team and I believe the Jags D, with that talent and schedule, will be a massive difference maker last few weeks. As is they are putting up over 5 points a game more than SEA D I just traded and that alone is worth it to me but I see potential to grow this gap.  Burkhead could sure be good but I have a hard time trusting him, have never used him and would consider him my RB6 right now so not sure I'd have used him or sure I'd have kept him when off-season cuts are due. I also own Dion in this league and have not used him this year either and on one hand I saw value in owning both as maybe an injury or two and you can trust one of them so liked the thought of owning both but reality is that it's just been a massive roster drain.

Gave: Alshon, 2018#3(top 4 pick), and Butker.

Got: 2018#1 (borderline playoff), Njoku and Hauska.

Reason: my team stinks so I'm not contending. I worry that Eagles won't resign Alshon and seeing some WR's struggle on new teams(Watkins, Pryor) does give me some pause. And Alshon has not exactly been tearing it up and a lot of worse places to be than having Wentz throwing to you. Still I was not looking to deal him because my team is especially horrible at WR but this deal made sense to me and the new Alshon owner initiated the trade talks and he's very amenable to trade talks so we got it done. I mentioned it was a borderline playoff pick and one of the teams competing with the new Alshon owner for the playoffs is a team whose pick I also own so hedging my bet. 

12 team PPR dynasty (FFPC)

Zeke (new Zeke owner is rebuilding)

for

Mccaffrey, Crowell, Funchess (new owner is a current playoff team)

Last edited by a moderator:
12 Team PPR

Gave: Drake, 5th
Got: 2nd, 3rd

It's FFPC (loser's bracket for draft pick order) so hard to say with certainty where the 2nd will end up being.  Currently it's the best team not in the playoffs so it should be early 2nd, but if that owner manages to sneak into the playoffs then there is a chance it could end up late.

Zeke by a lot.  Trading away Zeke in a rebuild for this kind of stuff ensures he will probably be rebuilding for a while.
I guess I tried to specify this but I can see why it might be confusing.

The team who just traded FOR Zeke is the team that is rebuilding.

.5 PPR

Team A gave JuJu

Team B gave 2018 1st, 2018 4th, 2019 1st.

The pick is in the 8-10 range, outside chance to be later.

Three recent trades...

12 tms, ppr

Gave: Duke J. And K. Drake

Got: OJ Howard

Gave: Woodhead/3rd

Got: mid-late Devy pick (one rd of Devy)

Gave: DeMarco/2nd

Got: Ingram/3rd

12 team 0.5 ppr, start 1/2/3/1

Team A gives: DeAndre Washington, 2nd (late), 5th (mid)

Team B gives: Abdullah and Riddick

.5 PPR

Team A gave JuJu

Team B gave 2018 1st, 2018 4th, 2019 1st.

The pick is in the 8-10 range, outside chance to be later.
I'll take the youngest player in the NFL who sat Martavis on the bench and is usable right now this season versus two late first round shots, especially with the way the draft class is looking this year.

I'll take the youngest player in the NFL who sat Martavis on the bench and is usable right now this season versus two late first round shots, especially with the way the draft class is looking this year.
Yeah. Who needs Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara. 

Yeah. Who needs Kareem Hunt and Alvin Kamara. 
 I was in several drafts this year, in a loaded class, where you could not pick any of these at pick 8-10 as they were gone. This class is not as loaded so yea good luck with finding these two in the late first because it's just that easy,right?

I did my first comprehensive 1-20 tiering and I was a little shocked how quickly things dropped off. 
I went through same exercise a few weeks ago and came to the same conclusion. For sure there will some players not on my radar pop up, but still looks to thin out in a hurry.

I went through same exercise a few weeks ago and came to the same conclusion. For sure there will some players not on my radar pop up, but still looks to thin out in a hurry.
Where do you guys see it dropping off?  I don't do much College scouting myself...kind of rely on the great guidance I get in here.  Wondering at what point the first round starts to thin out so that I can trade accordingly.

I was in several drafts this year, in a loaded class, where you could not pick any of these at pick 8-10 as they were gone. This class is not as loaded so yea good luck with finding these two in the late first because it's just that easy,right?
Neither of those players was drafted prior to 10 in my 4 non-dev rookie drafts.  Perhaps a function of when they happened, all were early May.

10, 12
14, 16
12, 15
11, 12

I do agree that this draft isn't likely to be as deep but even if you take out those obvious successes (don't forget Engram and Watson) you're still looking at two of Zones, D'onta Foreman, John Ross, Njoku, Perine and others in that territory.  I don't think the book has been written on any of those guys yet and getting two cracks at them can still pay off.  My biggest concern for JJSS would be his ceiling.  He's not going to be primary WR in that offense for AB's next 2-3 years minimum, and there's going to be a QB transition in there somewhere.  I love his talent but I think his upside just has too many barriers to it so I would be tempted with two whacks at the pinata.  This is also an IDP league so those late 1st are where the stud IDP players start to go, deepening that pool a lot.  I should have mentioned that originally. 

Neither of those players was drafted prior to 10 in my 4 non-dev rookie drafts.  Perhaps a function of when they happened, all were early May.
All my draft within 1-2 weeks after the draft. The first two I did, both FFPC (TE premium) neither of these two made it to pick 10, in fact not even made it to pick 9. In a loaded draft class with loaded TE's in TE premium leagues.

But besides the point of comping drafts in PPR leagues, not TE premium, I had Kamara as my 7th ranked player and Hunt as my 8th. Again, in a loaded class.

Zones, D'onta Foreman, John Ross, Njoku, Perine and others in that territory.
And not even saying this after the fact. I'd have said this in May. In a single PPR league I'd not have taken any two of those players over Hunt or Kamara.

And this excercise people have of listing every player that was picked after a certain point of the draft that has a chance of hitting  is a little off base to me.In this particular trade it was JuJu for two late 1's. The trade was not JuJu for the FIELD after pick 8-10. Just because someone picked David Johnson in second round does not mean you would have or will. I just don't get this method of thinking. You referenced Watson and I saw draft where he did not get picked, but now we want to include him as a reason to value late 1's? That methodology just does not work for me.

We draft right before training camp and those guy went 10 & 11. Ironically, JuJu went 12. I picked 11. I looked at countless drafts. That was their ADP at the time. 

We draft right before training camp and those guy went 10 & 11. Ironically, JuJu went 12. I picked 11. I looked at countless drafts. That was their ADP at the time. 
Not disputing they went 10 or 11 in some drafts, I said you could not even get them in some drafts, already gave examples.

I am however firmly disputing the notion that just because picks 10 and 11 were a hit in 2017 it makes it easier to hit on them in 2018 and 2019 as well as firmly disputing the notion of listing out hits that occurred in a draft past a specific pick and framing an argument around those hits to strengthen the value of that specific pick.

Long story short. I don't think it's easy to hit late first round draft picks. I think JuJu is a hit. Bird in the hand, two in the bush.

And not even saying this after the fact. I'd have said this in May. In a single PPR league I'd not have taken any two of those players over Hunt or Kamara.

And this excercise people have of listing every player that was picked after a certain point of the draft that has a chance of hitting  is a little off base to me.In this particular trade it was JuJu for two late 1's. The trade was not JuJu for the FIELD after pick 8-10. Just because someone picked David Johnson in second round does not mean you would have or will. I just don't get this method of thinking. You referenced Watson and I saw draft where he did not get picked, but now we want to include him as a reason to value late 1's? That methodology just does not work for me.
Nor would I have, and didn't.  I drafted Hunt three times over all of them, never had a realistic shot at Kamara.  But you and I don't matter much, the fact is plenty of other people would and did.  So in "many" drafts (all of mine) those guys were there at 8.  With the consensus top 5 plus Mike Williams going early in most that doesn't leave a lot of margin for those guys to both be gone by 8 very often.

That's an ADP listing of the non-IDP players from the top 20 of my actual drafts.  The only guys I left out are Howard and Mahomes.  Howard most people are high on but I had on my DND list and Mahomes was only in the top 20 of one of my drafts.  That's not a cherry-picked list, it's the actual group of players as drafted.  It's actually kind of the opposite of what you state, because I'm excluding the 4 biggest hindsight successes from that list.  If you include them you're looking at about a 50% chance of a win. 

It's also worth noting that 365 days ago no one had Kamara or Hunt on their top 10 radars and I don't think Mixon, Davis, or CMc was being ranked as no-brainer top 5 picks yet.  So we can sit here in November and speculate about the depth of this draft but there's a lot still to be determined.  Everyone's all over Barkley and Guice for obvious reasons, but what's it going to look like after bowl season and after the pre-draft?  There are a lot of candidates.  That 8-10 can look a lot better in May than it does right now.

menobrown said:
Not disputing they went 10 or 11 in some drafts, I said you could not even get them in some drafts, already gave examples.

I am however firmly disputing the notion that just because picks 10 and 11 were a hit in 2017 it makes it easier to hit on them in 2018 and 2019 as well as firmly disputing the notion of listing out hits that occurred in a draft past a specific pick and framing an argument around those hits to strengthen the value of that specific pick.

Long story short. I don't think it's easy to hit late first round draft picks. I think JuJu is a hit. Bird in the hand, two in the bush.
We probably could have saved a few hundred words with this summary.  I would see both sides of the trade, but would probably take the two swings because of JuJu's ceiling challenges.

menobrown said:
Not after the first few picks no I don't.
How many is first few?  Barkley, Guice, Chubb, Royce freeman, Damien Harris, Sutton, Ridley and a slew of receivers and probably 3 top qb prospects.  I guess the first line is after Barkley, the second is somewhere around 1.5 and then again around pick 12 or so? 

ChuckLiddell said:
Where do you guys see it dropping off?  I don't do much College scouting myself...kind of rely on the great guidance I get in here.  Wondering at what point the first round starts to thin out so that I can trade accordingly.
I think there's less cliff and more downramp.  Part of this is because the top isn't as top-heavy as last year.  That top 5 was epic.  The next 5 look pretty much like last year did at this point, to me the drop gets quicker into the 2nd 10.  A lot of this is due to much less talent at TE and IDP's. 

I think there's less cliff and more downramp.  Part of this is because the top isn't as top-heavy as last year.  That top 5 was epic.  The next 5 look pretty much like last year did at this point, to me the drop gets quicker into the 2nd 10.  A lot of this is due to much less talent at TE and IDP's. 
Do you have rankings done for the rookies next year? I’d be interested to see them. Admittedly, I don’t follow college football enough to rank rookies very deeply at this point.

Do you have rankings done for the rookies next year? I’d be interested to see them. Admittedly, I don’t follow college football enough to rank rookies very deeply at this point.
I don't really do rankings, just tiering.  It's also very preliminary, obviously, but right now:

Tier 0 - Saquon Barkley, Darius Guice, Damien Harris, Calvin Ridley

Tier 1 - Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, Royce Freeman, James Washington, Christian Kirk, Courland Sutton, Dante Pettis, Mark Andrews

On the radar - Bo Scarborough, Myles Gaskin, Ronald Jones, Bryce Love, Kalen Balledge, Josh Adams, Mark Walton, Rashaad Penny, Mike Weber, Akrum Wadley, Simmie Cobbs, Equanimeous St. Brown, Aden Tate, Alan Lazzard, Paris Campbell, Deonte Burnett, Deion Cain, Mike Giesecki, Troy Fumagalli

I have no idea what to think about the QB's yet.  There are some RB's on the radar that are going to pop - most interesting to me right now are Gaskin and Love.  They aren't big but those guys can play.  Simmie Cobbs is going to be the shocker of this group.  Campbell is a bigger Tyreek HIll if someone can figure out how to get him the ball.  He's not a route runner (yet) but that dude is a thoroughbred. 

12 team TE Premium PPR -QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLX, FLX, DL, DB, LB, DFLX

Sent J. Garopollo, 2018 late 3rd

Received J. Doctson, CJ Prosise

I don't really do rankings, just tiering.  It's also very preliminary, obviously, but right now:

Tier 1 - Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, Royce Freeman, James Washington, Christian Kirk, Courland Sutton, Dante Pettis, Mark Andrews

On the radar - Bo Scarborough, Myles Gaskin, Ronald Jones, Bryce Love, Kalen Balledge, Josh Adams, Mark Walton, Rashaad Penny, Mike Weber, Akrum Wadley, Simmie Cobbs, Equanimeous St. Brown, Aden Tate, Alan Lazzard, Paris Campbell, Deonte Burnett, Deion Cain, Mike Giesecki, Troy Fumagalli

I have no idea what to think about the QB's yet.  There are some RB's on the radar that are going to pop - most interesting to me right now are Gaskin and Love.  They aren't big but those guys can play.  Simmie Cobbs is going to be the shocker of this group.  Campbell is a bigger Tyreek HIll if someone can figure out how to get him the ball.  He's not a route runner (yet) but that dude is a thoroughbred. 
Great list. Sincere question: why do your start with Tier 0 vs.Tier 1?

Ok so the criticism of the draft class is mostly that is not deep into the second round, not that it's light at the end of the first?  

Personally I think Barkley needs to be in a tier of his own, and I really like Penny up with those guys in tier 1.  Good list though 

Users who are viewing this thread