What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

I wouldn't think someone would have to add that much to Ivory to get the 13th pick in a relatively weak draft.  I mean, A gave Ivory and the 34 to move up 9 spots in the 2nd round?
Agreed. That's just giving ivory away. Fwiw, ivory is the third highest paid rb in the nfl this year. I tend to think he's going to get some heavy usage; particularly near the goal line. 

I wouldn't think someone would have to add that much to Ivory to get the 13th pick in a relatively weak draft.  I mean, A gave Ivory and the 34 to move up 9 spots in the 2nd round?
i think i agree with this, without knowing who will be there. Is there really a range of guys you think will fall that far that are worth that much?

Agreed. That's just giving ivory away. Fwiw, ivory is the third highest paid rb in the nfl this year. I tend to think he's going to get some heavy usage; particularly near the goal line. 
Are you serious?  Anyone have a link to a list?  That would be interesting.

I've got a team that is fairly loaded at WR/TE/Flex but weak at RB and I turned down Ivory for 2.5. 2.10 and 3.10 is worth a little more than a 4 spot bump but not a lot more so I tend to think the trade is fairly equitable to what I turned down so all in all I'd consider the trade fair.

I know his APY is high and people are going to point to the money but I'm not falling in that trap. He's a solid back but I don't think non full time RB's who don't catch a lot of passes and are on the older side have huge markets. 

I can see either side, I think right now its an underpay for Marshall tho if you look at it as a 1st for a 1st and the 2nd for Marshall
I can't see either side unless you had strong reason to think that 2017#1 was going to be a high pick so without knowing that I agree the 1's cancel each other out.  Marshall may be 32 and we don't know who is QB is yet but he's worth way more than a future second, #3 WR in fantasy deserves a little more respect.

I can't see either side unless you had strong reason to think that 2017#1 was going to be a high pick so without knowing that I agree the 1's cancel each other out.  Marshall may be 32 and we don't know who is QB is yet but he's worth way more than a future second, #3 WR in fantasy deserves a little more respect.
Meh, I could see someone wanting to move him while his value was still high, not that he got fair value, but if he was intent on moving him and took the first offer that wasn't terrible, it would prolly look something like that deal. I feel like he is worth more than a 2nd, but every league is different.

Seems like a preemptive move, trying to avoid an age cliff or something

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, I could see someone wanting to move him while his value was still high, not that he got fair value, but if he was intent on moving him and took the first offer that wasn't terrible, it would prolly look something like that deal. I feel like he is worth more than a 2nd, but every league is different.

Seems like a preemptive move, trying to avoid an age cliff or something
I don't consider the 100 catch/1500 yard receiver who was the #3 fantasy WR as a Meh.

Yes I'm sure anyone holding him would like to move him while his value is still high and make a preemptive move, this trade does not reflect any of that.

Aunt Jemima said:
another FFPC

Dorial Green Beckham, 1.10, 1.12

for

2 2017 1sts ( likely to be in 8-12 range), 2nd and 3rd place teams last year
This is much more even than people are saying. Assuming the 2017 draft is significantly better than 2016 (which I'm still undecided on but leaning towards agreeing with the consensus on this one) then DGB is hardly free. Even if the 2017 picks end up being 1.11 and 1.12 it's still an upgrade over 2016 1.10 and 1.12.

Also, I'm quite low on DGB (I'd buy for a late 2nd, early 3rd) but it seems most leagues have at least one member still willing to pay mid to late 1st prices.

Like the Julio side, but this is close in value.  Like Julio side for a win-now squad and could see A-Rob for a rebuilder.
I agree, I'd take the Julio side but when you break it down it's pretty close.

I don't know startup ADP but in early FFPC redrafts Julio's ADP is probably around pick 3 and Robinson is more all over the board, might see him around 8 and as low as 14-15 in another draft but I'm just going to put his early FFPC redraft ADP around 10'ish. So factoring in the 4 year age gap I'd still take Julio over him in a startup and think most would but I feel confident thinking their ADP would only be off around 3-5 spots so not a big gap.

If I owned Freeman I'd put a large value on obtaining Coleman, more than the 2017#2. But if I don't own Freeman I'd put value of Coleman fairly close to 2017#2 and would depend on roster size and if I thought that pick had strong chance of being high second. All in all, seems equitable.

I'm wildly high on Mariotta, feel like he's got a solid shot to join Luck/Cam tier this time next season but already in FFPC format I'd probably rank him right around QB6. But it's FFPC and QB's are not real valuable until they actually hit that Cam/Luck or Wilson/Rodgers tier and the Ryan/Julio hookup can be fun. Very much prefer Mariotta but feel like he makes up the slight gap in Julio's vs Robinson.

So conclusion to me is an even trade but I have such a strong personal preference for Julio over Robinson that's the direction I'd want to go.

This is much more even than people are saying. Assuming the 2017 draft is significantly better than 2016 (which I'm still undecided on but leaning towards agreeing with the consensus on this one) then DGB is hardly free. Even if the 2017 picks end up being 1.11 and 1.12 it's still an upgrade over 2016 1.10 and 1.12.

Also, I'm quite low on DGB (I'd buy for a late 2nd, early 3rd) but it seems most leagues have at least one member still willing to pay mid to late 1st prices.
If you feel that way of course you would think the trade is more even than people think but even if you feel that way personally about DGB you need to find the owner who does not and I'm willing to bet they exist in every league. I'd feel like someone was trolling me if they offered me a late second for him.

If you feel that way of course you would think the trade is more even than people think but even if you feel that way personally about DGB you need to find the owner who does not and I'm willing to bet they exist in every league. I'd feel like someone was trolling me if they offered me a late second for him.
OP claims the DGB owner has been working the trade block looking to unload assets because of roster requirements so maybe that owner willing to pay mid-late 1st prices doesn't exist there? idk

That late 2nd is my price if the option of flipping him to another owner didn't exist (which it shouldn't assuming the original DGB owner did his homework).

But in terms of 2016 draft picks, what would it take for you to trade 2016 1.10 and 1.12 for two 2017 1sts of likely playoff teams?

I don't consider the 100 catch/1500 yard receiver who was the #3 fantasy WR as a Meh.

Yes I'm sure anyone holding him would like to move him while his value is still high and make a preemptive move, this trade does not reflect any of that.
The meh wasn't towards Marshall, it was towards the thought that it couldn't possibly be viewed any way other than the way you viewed it. The owner could be scared of a sudden drop in numbers and value and panicked, IDK? All those people who had Andre Johnson in his last year of relevance that didnt move him, might regret it. Will we see that from BM? who knows.

Also, you win. You obviously love Marshall so much that nobody else can have an opinion about him, or a deal involving him that doesnt reflect yours so, you can take the W here and ima move on.

Background information for the deal I posted

1.9 plus Marshall for

2017 first and 2017 second

This owner had been trying to move 1.9, 3.1 and 4.1 (14 teams) for any 2017 first and couldn't get any interest.   They are very down on this year's class and very high on next year's and nobody is moving 2017 firsts.  They sold Randall Cobb for another 2017 first plus change, and are fire saling veterans like it's their job to get one of those elite backs next year plus receivers they like better than this year's class.  So while it's an overpay, it's part of a larger rebuild in a league where 2017 firsts were likely to be scarce.

Give me miller and a quality first over dt and a couple seconds.   I'm not the biggest miller fan but the days of selling Thomas for a highly ranked rb plus something may be coming to an end.  

It's not the first time this off-season that I've seen Stafford go so cheap.  I just don't understand it.
i feel like people think mega being gone is gonna equate to him throwing less, which doesnt make much sense, imo his opps will still be there

OP claims the DGB owner has been working the trade block looking to unload assets because of roster requirements so maybe that owner willing to pay mid-late 1st prices doesn't exist there? idk

That late 2nd is my price if the option of flipping him to another owner didn't exist (which it shouldn't assuming the original DGB owner did his homework).

But in terms of 2016 draft picks, what would it take for you to trade 2016 1.10 and 1.12 for two 2017 1sts of likely playoff teams?
The picks even out because immediacy has a price so in the end it's  DGB for free.

Stafford wasn't top 10 this past year with Mega, how's he going to do better without him?  That said, it would have taken more for me to trade him away, he's still a fine #2.

He produces whenever called upon and looked much better than Hill last year. Even if you are not a fan I would think he commands more than Marvin Jones
But that's the problem - figuring out when he'll be called on. He's a great talent that is misused by his team and makes for a maddening own in FFB.

I agree, I'd take the Julio side but when you break it down it's pretty close.

I don't know startup ADP but in early FFPC redrafts Julio's ADP is probably around pick 3 and Robinson is more all over the board, might see him around 8 and as low as 14-15 in another draft but I'm just going to put his early FFPC redraft ADP around 10'ish. So factoring in the 4 year age gap I'd still take Julio over him in a startup and think most would but I feel confident thinking their ADP would only be off around 3-5 spots so not a big gap.

If I owned Freeman I'd put a large value on obtaining Coleman, more than the 2017#2. But if I don't own Freeman I'd put value of Coleman fairly close to 2017#2 and would depend on roster size and if I thought that pick had strong chance of being high second. All in all, seems equitable.

I'm wildly high on Mariotta, feel like he's got a solid shot to join Luck/Cam tier this time next season but already in FFPC format I'd probably rank him right around QB6. But it's FFPC and QB's are not real valuable until they actually hit that Cam/Luck or Wilson/Rodgers tier and the Ryan/Julio hookup can be fun. Very much prefer Mariotta but feel like he makes up the slight gap in Julio's vs Robinson.

So conclusion to me is an even trade but I have such a strong personal preference for Julio over Robinson that's the direction I'd want to go.
If only they would make those leagues public again, we could know those ADP's!  Probably one of the biggest drawbacks of the restructured website versus the old ones, but I've made my voice heard on that (just not in a year since it went down).

I like Mariota a bit too - not enough to ever pay a first for him, at least not as this point (though I know quite a few that would - hell, he went 1.12 in our 1250 rookie draft last year, which was insane at the time).  I am probably about as much of a cheapskate as you can get on QB valuations, but would probably give a high-mid second for him right now.  While I don't think the Tennessee offense will take off like Jacksonville did under Blake Bortles, if they can get at least out of the cellar and become league average, it will be a big improvement - and the additions of Murray and Matthews should help on that end.

I like Mariota a bit too - not enough to ever pay a first for him, at least not as this point (though I know quite a few that would - hell, he went 1.12 in our 1250 rookie draft last year, which was insane at the time).  I am probably about as much of a cheapskate as you can get on QB valuations, but would probably give a high-mid second for him right now.  While I don't think the Tennessee offense will take off like Jacksonville did under Blake Bortles, if they can get at least out of the cellar and become league average, it will be a big improvement - and the additions of Murray and Matthews should help on that end.
I'm also as big a cheapskate on QB's as you'll ever find, mentioned this before but I think in my last 3 FFPC startups I've been the last guy to draft a QB in all of them and I rarely carry 2 when cuts are due. I am carrying two in one league this year and that's after I made a trade of Woodhead for Mariotta. Trade got protested which was ridiculous but it stood up.

I don't think anything special has to happen for Mariotta to ascend. His fantasy per game numbers are actually similar to Lucks his first two years. He passes the eye test, multiple reports suggest he'll run more often, solid chance of Tunsil coming and his WR's can only get better. IMO to be worthwhile valuable stud QB in FFPC leagues I need to think you can hit 23 FPG, I think he can but will need to do that and stay healthy to get to where I think he can be.

I'm also as big a cheapskate on QB's as you'll ever find, mentioned this before but I think in my last 3 FFPC startups I've been the last guy to draft a QB in all of them and I rarely carry 2 when cuts are due. I am carrying two in one league this year and that's after I made a trade of Woodhead for Mariotta. Trade got protested which was ridiculous but it stood up.

I don't think anything special has to happen for Mariotta to ascend. His fantasy per game numbers are actually similar to Lucks his first two years. He passes the eye test, multiple reports suggest he'll run more often, solid chance of Tunsil coming and his WR's can only get better. IMO to be worthwhile valuable stud QB in FFPC leagues I need to think you can hit 23 FPG, I think he can but will need to do that and stay healthy to get to where I think he can be.
Are you serious?  I don't think I've ever seen any trade protested in all my time playing dynasty.  Unless it's a grossly unfair trade, I find it shocking that anyone participating in a high stakes format would make any kind of protest.  It stuns me that some people don't understand the difference between a bad trade and a trade worthy of overturn for being grossly unfair.

I agree on Mariota - and the running ability is always a nice bonus in a QB.  I think the staying healthy might be the risk with him - I'm not quite ready to put him in QB1 overall status competing with Luck just yet as the total offense has to come around before that happens, but I think a QB4-5 overall is a reasonable short-term ceiling for him.

smoke monster said:
12 team Non-PPR Superflex

DeVante Parker

Travis Benjamin

Ryan Mallet 

2018 1st (4th place last season)

for

Jordan Matthews

Delanie Walker

A.J. McCarron

2016 2.9

2017 1st (9th place last season)
Give me Parker and the higher 1st, even though it's 2 years out.

No they don't.

2 (likely) better picks from a much stronger draft class are worth more than 2016 1.10 and 1.12, even today.
You asked me a question and I answered it, I guess it was rhetorical.  I don't agree and we you are now free to go back and forth like a grad school kid if you like.What I do know for a fact is I've seen trades go down where they late 2016 #1's have got teams 2017#1's and I expect to see a lot more of it during the rookie drafts.

You also phrased the question as stating the 2017 picks were likely playoff teams and now you are stating they are likely better. That's a big difference, please quit twisting the narrative. It's safe to assume the front part of the 2017 draft class is superior to this class and superior to a 2016 late one but we don't know that about the back of the round.

You asked me a question and I answered it, I guess it was rhetorical.  I don't agree and we you are now free to go back and forth like a grad school kid if you like.What I do know for a fact is I've seen trades go down where they late 2016 #1's have got teams 2017#1's and I expect to see a lot more of it during the rookie drafts.

You also phrased the question as stating the 2017 picks were likely playoff teams and now you are stating they are likely better. That's a big difference, please quit twisting the narrative. It's safe to assume the front part of the 2017 draft class is superior to this class and superior to a 2016 late one but we don't know that about the back of the round.
I was being generous initially assuming the 2017 picks were equal to the 2016s (as in, the 2017s will also be 1.10 and 1.12), but in actuality the 2017s are likely to be better than 1.10 and 1.12.

Background information for the deal I posted

1.9 plus Marshall for

2017 first and 2017 second

This owner had been trying to move 1.9, 3.1 and 4.1 (14 teams) for any 2017 first and couldn't get any interest.   They are very down on this year's class and very high on next year's and nobody is moving 2017 firsts.  They sold Randall Cobb for another 2017 first plus change, and are fire saling veterans like it's their job to get one of those elite backs next year plus receivers they like better than this year's class.  So while it's an overpay, it's part of a larger rebuild in a league where 2017 firsts were likely to be scarce.
This team won two of the last three?  A two time champ in the last three years is selling low on several players to go after future picks that are highly overpriced in that particular league???  Alrighty then.

maf005 said:
No they don't.

2 (likely) better picks from a much stronger draft class are worth more than 2016 1.10 and 1.12, even today.
That's not at all universally true, and will be less so the closer to OTC they get.  If they are lead pipe lock top 5's, perhaps.  Aside from that it's easy to find one person in a league to gie up more.  It was a terrible trade.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Dez