What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

Team A got Carson Wentz, 1.11, Eric Ebron

Team B got Matt Ryan, 1.08, 2020 1st (random?)

Not in the league so not much insight into the 2020, roster looks like one of those that might make playoffs but isn't winning it.  Team B is loaded though.

Not in the league so not much insight into the 2020, roster looks like one of those that might make playoffs but isn't winning it.  Team B is loaded though.
Wentz + 1.11 = Ryan + 1.08

2020 1st >>>Ebron

Gimme that 2020 1st

1.8 of course over 1.11 and I'll take a random 2020 first over Ebron. Despite being better last season I'd still take Wentz over Ryan but that difference is not enough to close the gap. Team B just positioned themselves to stay loaded for longer.

16 man PPR tiered PPR TE premium full IDP
Team A got Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.09; Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team C
Team B got Watkins, Sammy KCC WR; Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.05

Team A got Moore, D.J. CAR WR; Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.12
Team D got Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

Team A got Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.07; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team E
Team B got Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB

Different league, same kind of outlook for 2010 1st - playoff-ish team, not winning it.

16 man .5 PPR full IDP
Team A got Watson, Deshaun HOU QB; Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.13; Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.09; Year 2019 Draft Pick 4.09
Team B got Speaks, Breeland KCC DE; Reed, D.J. SFO S; Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.02; Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.02; Year 2019 Draft Pick 4.02; Year 2019 Draft Pick 4.07

Ignore the IDP, they are throw-in level guys

I'm surprised at the Wentz thoughts.  I see this dead even.  To me Wentz is a potentially elite QB with youth on his side and I value him >>> over Ryan.  Obviously Ebron is mid-value here but the way I see this is:

Wentz = 2020 1st (obviously actual position matters a ton)

Ebron > Ryan

1.08 > 1.11

Wentz + 1.11 = Ryan + 1.08

2020 1st >>>Ebron

Gimme that 2020 1st

1.8 of course over 1.11 and I'll take a random 2020 first over Ebron. Despite being better last season I'd still take Wentz over Ryan but that difference is not enough to close the gap. Team B just positioned themselves to stay loaded for longer.
I think this is the key here.  Team B has Ryan and Rivers plus Baker on taxi so Wentz was a long-term luxury.  Turning him into future equity, with the possibility of a significant value spike also, seems to be the key.  If this trade was Ebron and 1.11 for Ryan and 1.08 I don't think I bat an eye at that.

Got Travis Kelce, 2020 1st

Gave Todd Gurley.

Wasn't thrilled with the return but I'm a contender here and it's TE premium.

edit: I conflated a couple of different trades/discussions and had this listed incorrectly initially.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Travis Kelce, Stephon Diggs

Gave Todd Gurley.

Wasn't thrilled with the return but I'm a contender here and this puts two starters into my lineup.   RFA hit me hard here, I pushed a lot of equity into "win now" assets last year and while I won it, I didn't have enough cash to keep some key guys (AJ Green, Ebron).  So a 1-for-2 trade was kind of in my best interest anyhow.  That plus Gurley's risk made me go ahead and pull this off.  Gurley's floor is likely 15 PPG so solid RB2 status with obvious elite potential if his knee is right and he again gets bellcow touches.
That’s by far the most I have seen this off-season for gurley. Great deal for you

I'm surprised at the Wentz thoughts.  I see this dead even.  To me Wentz is a potentially elite QB with youth on his side and I value him >>> over Ryan.  Obviously Ebron is mid-value here but the way I see this is:

Wentz = 2020 1st (obviously actual position matters a ton)
I don't tend to value QB that high in one QB leagues is part of my reasoning but also engaged in trade talks about 2 months ago specifically for Wentz which also shapes my opinion.

I got a team where I felt need to move on from Brady this off-season.  I was sitting on picks 1, 7, 15 and 21 and decided I'd pay for a QB but  really wanted to try and make it work with just giving up 21 and keeping the 3 higher picks.  I knew pick 21 would not get me a few of the elite QB's, so I targeted Wentz who I viewed as best buy low QB candidate. I offered pick 21 and Brady and he countered asking for pick 15 straight up. I declined and instead traded pick 36 for Trubisky with another team. I'm not saying I might not have made a mistake giving 15 for Wentz instead of 36 for Trubisky, but fact I could have had him for pick 15,  combined with how I value QB's and cheap cost I've been able to roster some really good and elite QB's in other leagues just makes it hard for me to share your valuation of him as worth a 2020#1.

I thought the way Edgar presented it earlier, 1.8 and Ryan being equal 1.11 and Wentz sounds about right to me.

None of this has anything to do with being really down on Wentz, so much as valuation of QB's in one start QB leagues-which is all I know.

I think you made my point when you said you wouldn't give that for him. His value is only what someone would give. If no one in the league would give the 1.7 then he isn't worth that. As the owner I can make up any arbitrary value, but what I can get for him is his value. That is why I think 2.1 is his value. Enough for the person sellign to give him up and low enough for the buyer. Have you (anyone) seen a trade with Penny? If so what did it bring?  
I traded for Penny about a month ago actually.  I gave up Corey Davis and 2.12 for Penny and 1.11.  Felt like I completely stole both pieces, even more so now.  And I currently have Penny ranked behind 5 rookies in my dynasty rankings.  I view Miles Sanders and Penny as almost a lateral move and Sanders is going top5 in most drafts so no I wouldn't sell for anything short of that.  

During draft: Not on clock, 12 team PPR. I was offered and accepted without negotiating.

Gave: 1.9, Got: 2020 1 (mid)

Gave: 1.6, 1.10, Got: Fuller, 2020 1 (early). Was 1.3 this year, likely 1.3 or earlier again. He took Harry at 1.1...

During rookie draft 14 team superflex PPR-TE premium

Team A got: 2020 first and Tevin Coleman

Team B got: 1.9 OTC and took Marquise Brown

During rookie draft 14 team superflex PPR-TE premium

Team A got: 2020 first and Tevin Coleman

Team B got: 1.9 OTC and took Marquise Brown
Another one this time I’m involved

I gave: 2.1, 3.3 and 2020 second (mid)

i got: 1.10 OTC and took Deebo Samuel

12 team FFPC style (disbanding after 2020 jackpot season)

I gave Boyd

I got Ingram

Needed another RB pretty bad. Was willing to pay a bit more for Ingram so I'm stoked I made this deal. 

May be the best return so far, but I wouldn't call it value.
good point. Just relative to what I've seen lately. I sold in 1 league for 2.4 (maybe a panic move) and bought for a future 3rd in 1 league which I feel great about. But feeling regretful for trading OJ Howard and 1.6 for him in another league...

Did this one in Zealots IDP PPR:

Gave: 3.08, 4.09

Got: Jordan Howard

I had 3.08, 3.09, and 3.11, felt worth it in case his value rebounds a little after he gets off his rookie deal.

JuJu, Ito Smith, 20 overall, 2020 2nd

Antonio Brown, Allen Robinson, Njoku, Chris Carson, 28 overall 

sorry guys owner withdrew it As I was going to accept.  Does it often. 

12 Team PPR:

Draft trades, 1st one is mine where I got the 2020 1.

Gave: Penny, Foles, 3.6, 3.8

Got: 2020 1 (Mid)

Gave: 1.1, 1.11, Lindsay

Got: Hilton, Kerryon, 2.3

Guy blew 1.1 pick and took Harry

Gave: 2.6

Got: Tevin Coleman

kyter1 said:
12 TM PPR QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, 1 Fl

not involved 

Gave: 1.01

Got: Cooper, 2020 1st (playoff team) and 2.09
I like Jacobs but I think the value here clearly lies on the Cooper side of this deal

12 team PPR

Rookie draft just started this morning, no picks made yet at the time of the trade

Sent 1.05, 2.05

Got 1.08, 1.09
Made this deal before the first pick. Picks went;

Harry, Jacobs, AJ Brown, Montgomery, Sanders, Parris, DK

Was hoping for one of Parris or DK

Traded 1.08 + 2.06 for 1.12, 2.01

Deebo went 1.08

I took Hollywood at 1.09 (not happy with it, shouldve just taken deebo)

Hockenson at 1.10, Hardman at 1.11

I take JJAW and Fant

Thoughts?

12t ppr not involved

1.7, 1.8, 2020 1st (likely top 6) and 2020 2nd likely early

for

2020 1st (highly likely 1.1) best rb is Howard best wr is R Anderson
Give me the 4 picks...guys team may be bad but he is adding some solid guys at 1.7 and 1.8. Maybe a RB falls to him or he takes let’s say Campbell and DK both who landed in spots where they could produce right away. Hits on a waiver wire guy or 2 and now his highly likely 1.1 turns into 1.3. The 2020 first he got back in the trade then may only be a pick or 2 difference.

For which team?  I think it is pretty even, but certainly expected a range of views
Wow I don't think it's even at all.  1.07 and 1.08 this year for maybe a better 2020 pick is insane.  I don't care how bad his roster is now, all it takes is one decent draft and one decent waiver add and that guy is upside down.  Plus he gave a 2020 2nd.  It's possible even if the pick ends up 1.01 that the 1.07 and 1.08 this year were free.  That's a horrible gamble to take.

12 team PPR

Rookie draft just started this morning, no picks made yet at the time of the trade

Sent 1.05, 2.05

Got 1.08, 1.09
Made this deal before the first pick. Picks went;

Harry, Jacobs, AJ Brown, Montgomery, Sanders, Parris, DK

Was hoping for one of Parris or DK 

Traded 1.08 + 2.06 for 1.12, 2.01 

Deebo went 1.08 

I took Hollywood at 1.09 (not happy with it, shouldve just taken deebo)

Hockenson at 1.10, Hardman at 1.11

I take JJAW and Fant 

Thoughts? 
So 1.05, 2.05, and 2.06 become:

Marquise Brown
JJA-W
Fant

Neutral, mostly because I think you panic'd on the 1.08 trade and got bad value but got bailed out by nice guys sliding.  You moved back 4 spots to move up 5 and saw a tier drop in the process.  Not a good move.  I didn't mind the first trade on its own but I would have pressed for a better return on the 1.08 - 1.12 slide or picked (Brown) 1.08.

That's a tough one, my friend.  I think I like the other side a bit, but you probably know better than I.  What's your thinking here?  Hunt lead dog somewhere in 2020?
Was not an easy trade for me to make and I may not know better. Main reasons I made the trade:

1. Got irked by James Palmer report a few weeks ago since he seems pretty connected to Denver and he said the Denver coaching staff plan was to give Freeman  more carries then Lindsay. Makes no sense but that worried me.

2. Lindsay is my RB4 on this team, if he was higher up the pecking order would have been a problem but as I felt it made sense to sacrifice 8 games from my RB4 to potential of longer term upgrade. Hunt is a year younger,  bigger and IMO just has more upside. Obviously where Hunt is playing in 2020 will drive a lot of his value but yes I would be inclined to think he'll be the lead dog wherever he goes but at worst I'd see him as in a role like Lindsay is looking at, which is part of a 2 man RBBC it would appear.

3. I personally feel Hunt vs Chubb in terms of who is more talented is a legit debate. I prefer Hunt but I don't fault anyone who sees otherwise.  Chubb did not starting getting much work until week 7 last year. He will of course be getting a heavier workload from week one this year and that might prove more challenging for him to play like he did from week one this year vs coming in with fairly fresh legs in week 7 last year. By the time Hunt is back with fresh legs it might Chubb who is worn down a little and I also think a solid chance as we approach the trade deadline they will be more open to dealing Duke if they have not already done so knowing Hunt is coming. My belief is, and we'll see how this goes, is that Hunt will be a bigger factor for playoff teams next year in the last few weeks of the season then Lindsay will be.

Summary if I can survive negative of losing my RB4 for 8 weeks, which is not something I take lightly, but if I can I think I'll be better off in the long term with to me a good shot to be better in playoffs this year. I could be wrong but that's the thought process behind me taking this shot.

Users who are viewing this thread