What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

Couple of guys with question marks...Mainly because of the team’s rosters rather than their own skills.

12 team ppr

Gave Cohen

Got TY Hilton

12 team PPR

Team A gets: Curtis Samuel, 2021 1st

Team B gets: Keenan Allen, Eric Ebron, 2020 3rd

12 Team Superflex 1PPR

Team A: Melvin Gordon, Mike Williams
Team B: Matt Breida, Curtis Samuel

Curtis Samuel carrying way too much value in these trades...wow. I'll take the other side of both in a landslide...and I'm huge on Breida even. 

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeJoe88 said:
Seems a tad light for me for Keenan.  I'll take that side.  
Yeah, I was the side getting Keenan. Had plenty of solid WRs, but wanted an upgrade. Other guy (who's in an all-out rebuild) asked me if I'd do Samuel + my 2021 1st for him, which was already reasonable (it figures to be a mid-late 1st), but I was on the fence 'cause I do like Samuel's talent plenty. Then he added Ebron and the 3rd, and that was that.

Sold kupp Darwin justice for DJ, Jalen Richard, Andrews

Sold Brady Ekeler samuel Landry Andrews for Carr James  White, Marvin, Emmanuel, Kittle. 

And even if that's true, I still prefer Keenan Allen to him, and the future of Melvin Gordon plus Mike Williams. And again, that's even taking into account that I really like Breida
Sure. And every situation is different; this is the dynasty league trade thread after all.

That said? Most dynasty leagues have some sort of salary cap/contract years involved.

I don’t have a lot of faith in Keenan Allen this year, or much going forward. Same with Gordon. I think he’s (both) on the back end of fantasy relevance. 1-2 years? Sure. But now I’d the time to move those guys, Imo.

curtis Samuel should mostly be owned on a 2-3 year contract in dynasty. And Brieda can be had cheap - with huge rewards, whether it’s a future trade, or he keeps on with his crazy YPC pace 

I lean towards the future. 

Sure. And every situation is different; this is the dynasty league trade thread after all.

That said? Most dynasty leagues have some sort of salary cap/contract years involved.

I don’t have a lot of faith in Keenan Allen this year, or much going forward. Same with Gordon. I think he’s (both) on the back end of fantasy relevance. 1-2 years? Sure. But now I’d the time to move those guys, Imo.

curtis Samuel should mostly be owned on a 2-3 year contract in dynasty. And Brieda can be had cheap - with huge rewards, whether it’s a future trade, or he keeps on with his crazy YPC pace 

I lean towards the future. 
Re: the bolded, I really don't think that's true, based on the general dynasty discussion I see all over the internet and the majority of the content I see on offer all over the internet. You could be right, but I think salary cap/contract leagues are still in the vast minority. 

And if that trade had cap/contract implications, it should have been stated, because that can change everything. As it wasn't stated, I have to evaluate it as a straight up "true dynasty" deal. 

Re: the bolded, I really don't think that's true, based on the general dynasty discussion I see all over the internet and the majority of the content I see on offer all over the internet. You could be right, but I think salary cap/contract years leagues are still in the vast minority. 

And if that trade had cap/contract implications, it should have been stated, because that can change everything. As it wasn't stated, I have to evaluate it as a straight up "true dynasty" deal. 
Im interested in the bolded. How do dynasty leagues work, or even last without salary cap/contract years?

do you just keep players forever? That seems, not fun.

sorry if I’m sounding snarky, that’s not my intent. Im really interested in how most dynasty leagues work.

Seems ok to ask for input here. 

Im interested in the bolded. How do dynasty leagues work, or even last without salary cap/contract years?

do you just keep players forever? That seems, not fun.

sorry if I’m sounding snarky, that’s not my intent. Im really interested in how most dynasty leagues work.

Seems ok to ask for input here. 

Yeah, the vast majority of leagues I've been in, heard of, and read content for are just straight dynasty--you keep whoever you can roster. Trades, FA, and drafts shake rosters up way more than you'd think, especially if you're in active leagues.

I would never talk badly about contract/salary cap leagues--this isn't about which is better or worse.

I just don't think most leagues fall into that category. I think most people play vanilla dynasty, but it's slowly shifting. 

Yeah, the vast majority of leagues I've been in, heard of, and read content for are just straight dynasty--you keep whoever you can roster. Trades, FA, and drafts shake rosters up way more than you'd think, especially if you're in active leagues.

I would never talk badly about contract/salary cap leagues--this isn't about which is better or worse.

I just don't think most leagues fall into that category. I think most people play vanilla dynasty, but it's slowly shifting. 
Agree with ConnSKINS here.  I'm in 4 dynasty leagues and only 1 of them has salary and contracts.  Both are fun, but the salary contract league adds more complexity as we also have free agency once each players 3 year contract runs out.  

Again, in my experience it simply depends on how engaged you want to be in your dynasty league experience.  I like the 3-1 ratio for my style and i really think 4 of 4 salary/cap dynasty leagues would be too much.

Think some of you guys are underestimating Curtis Samuel...

breakout season coming. 
Hard to have a breakout season when you are the #3 option on the offense...  CMC is clear #1, and Cam keeping it himself is more likely than he targets C Samuel.  Olsen & DJ Moore are also in same priority as C Samuel.  Hard to say breakout with projected 60-75 targets in a season.... 

Maybe I panicked, I don't really know but I'm happy

I traded away: AB

I got: Josh Gordon

Some might say 1 headache gone for another, I say I got younger, just as talented and still in the league.  I really don't think AB will ever play football again.  

0.5 ppr

Gave Keenan Allen

Got Kerryon

Like Allen a bit more, but needed the RB depth (only had Gurley/Singletery)

Maybe I panicked, I don't really know but I'm happy

I traded away: AB

I got: Josh Gordon

Some might say 1 headache gone for another, I say I got younger, just as talented and still in the league.  I really don't think AB will ever play football again.  
Panicked...  maybe a little...  sold short in my view but talent wise, you did fine.  Head case wise, marginal improvement... but you never know.  

12 Team PPR

Team A gave: 

Corey Davis, Curtis Samuel, James White

Team B gave:

Melvin Gordon, Josh Rosen
Team A ==>  WHY?  

Team B -->  good haul for a RB who may not contribute this year....

The LAC/Gordon situation is not looking good.  They won't sign him and they won't trade him.  No progress until he shows up (week 9 maybe, but doesn't contribute until week 11?).  by then FF season is almost over...  nothing in return. 

12 TM PPR

Got: AB

Gave: Lockett

Just got that offer in my inbox. Locket was my WR3/4. I'll gamble on AB given my current depth. 

12 TM PPR

Just got that offer in my inbox. Locket was my WR3/4. I'll gamble on AB given my current depth. 
I get it but at this point I’m in not clear on why anyone would give up assets of value for AB. I saw a tweet saying some person was happy to cash out for a 2020 first. Maybe I’m in the minority but no way would I make a 2020 first available in a trade for AB. The risk is just too high. I understand that means I won’t own him.

I get it but at this point I’m in not clear on why anyone would give up assets of value for AB. I saw a tweet saying some person was happy to cash out for a 2020 first. Maybe I’m in the minority but no way would I make a 2020 first available in a trade for AB. The risk is just too high. I understand that means I won’t own him.
Because it’s fantasy football and AB is really good. There’s risk but that is baked in when you give up a player like Lockett (who i love). 

12 TM PPR

AB is 31 years old, currently plays for a poor organization, has a new to him mediocre QB, and publicly appears to be on the verge of a mental breakdown. I understand and have thought of trying to buy low, but I would not give up a player in Lockett’s range to achieve this. One player is ascending, the other is descending.

Looks like AB owner sent a bunch of firesale offers. Someone accepted:

Team A Gives: AB

Team B Gives: Sterling Shephard

I got an offer of giving up Breida and Darren Waller for AB and Delanie Walker

I took that offer. Why not? I thought it was worth the risk. I still think this whole thing is fluid. Tomorrow AB could be playing on Monday night. Who knows. 

I took that offer. Why not? I thought it was worth the risk. I still think this whole thing is fluid. Tomorrow AB could be playing on Monday night. Who knows. 
Yeah, for sure. He offered me the same in another league and I also just accepted. Wasn't starting Shephard anyways.

Because it’s fantasy football and AB is really good. There’s risk but that is baked in when you give up a player like Lockett (who i love). 
You took a shot. I sold Tyreek way too low this offseason when things looked bleak, sometimes crazy stuff happens.

AB is 31 years old, currently plays for a poor organization, has a new to him mediocre QB, and publicly appears to be on the verge of a mental breakdown. I understand and have thought of trying to buy low, but I would not give up a player in Lockett’s range to achieve this. One player is ascending, the other is descending.
He's one of the GOATS. Go look at Rice's stats for some perspective. 

Ouch, bad timing on catching a falling knife.
Not at all. He will get another shot. 

Funny. I prefer AB. He will definitely play again. We’ll see what happens.
100%. I'll continue buying low from these dudes who think his career is over. 

AB will get another shot. Teams take shots on talent despite off-field stuff all the time. 

Panicked...  maybe a little...  sold short in my view but talent wise, you did fine.  Head case wise, marginal improvement... but you never know.  
THis is a great deal. I thought I would 'buy low' yesterday and floated Duke J and a 2020 1st and the AB owner wasn't interested. Didn't want to offer more so that ended talks. 

AB is old and now will go to a new team where he won't know the playbook and who knows how long it will take to find a team willing to take him on?  Getting Gordon for him is a very good deal.

Saw this go down today in an FFPC dynasty..

T.Hill and a 2020 4th

M.Mack and a 2020 1st
Mack pretty easily for me.  I want nothing to do with Tyreek.  Not just because of who he is as a human.

Unless this is Taysom Hill, in which case who wouldn't want that weapon of a playmaker on their roster ha.  

Mack pretty easily for me.  I want nothing to do with Tyreek.  Not just because of who he is as a human.

Unless this is Taysom Hill, in which case who wouldn't want that weapon of a playmaker on their roster ha.  
Not to get to far off topic (more appropriate for the Hill thread) but I still see this kind of sentiment a lot and I'm wondering why this is still the prevailing view of him?

There was some pretty compelling information that came out during the off-season saga that not only was he not involved in any injury to his son, but he didn't beat up his pregnant GF either back in college (despite taking a plea deal). If that's believed (and I understand that plenty of people may be sceptical), then what is the reason for still thinking he's an awful human or is an off-field risk from a dynasty perspective? Is it the tape saying to his GF that she should be afraid of him or do people just not believe he's innocent of wrongdoing? Just curious because the narrative on him doesn't seem to have altered at all, despite the outcome of the investigation and no suspension. 

Not to get to far off topic (more appropriate for the Hill thread) but I still see this kind of sentiment a lot and I'm wondering why this is still the prevailing view of him?

There was some pretty compelling information that came out during the off-season saga that not only was he not involved in any injury to his son, but he didn't beat up his pregnant GF either back in college (despite taking a plea deal). If that's believed (and I understand that plenty of people may be sceptical), then what is the reason for still thinking he's an awful human or is an off-field risk from a dynasty perspective? Is it the tape saying to his GF that she should be afraid of him or do people just not believe he's innocent of wrongdoing? Just curious because the narrative on him doesn't seem to have altered at all, despite the outcome of the investigation and no suspension. 
The same reason that OJ Simpson is "innocent"

12 team TE premium bestball (25 player rosters + 5 taxi) - start 1 QB, 2-3 RBs, 2-5 WRs, 2-3 TEs, D, K plus 2 flex (but no more than 3 RBs)

I gave Breida, Waller, Garopollo

I got MVS, McDonald, Ryan

I am strong at RB and need more guns at WR. Especially since my Winston/Evans/Godwin stack looks like it might suck. I think MVS will have some big weeks. I need the upgrade at QB, too. I have Andrews, Njoku, Walker and Gronk* at TE so a downgrade from Waller to McDonald is tolerable to me.

Mingooch said:
Mahomes side here IMHO
Interesting. I thought I’d put it in this thread because it seemed like an even trade and was trying to discern what a general consensus would be.. 

I think it depends on whether you think the difference between Chubb and Conner will be enough to off set Mahomes and Ryan..

dude in my league traded Russell Wilson for George Kittle straight up. Superflex. dude has Mahomes and Baker as his other QB's. Always interesting to see how people value 

Qb's in superflex.

barackdhouse said:
12 team TE premium bestball (25 player rosters + 5 taxi) - start 1 QB, 2-3 RBs, 2-5 WRs, 2-3 TEs, D, K plus 2 flex (but no more than 3 RBs)

I gave Breida, Waller, Garopollo

I got MVS, McDonald, Ryan

I am strong at RB and need more guns at WR. Especially since my Winston/Evans/Godwin stack looks like it might suck. I think MVS will have some big weeks. I need the upgrade at QB, too. I have Andrews, Njoku, Walker and Gronk* at TE so a downgrade from Waller to McDonald is tolerable to me.
I can see how it works for your roster....  but I would think the TB Arians offense will take a few games to evolve.  Jameis is not the brightest bulb in the closet and he might take a while to understand the offense.  I can see MVS being worth the risk, but I would expect TB to evolve into a solid offense soon. 

Just completed a nice one in a 12 team non ppr 1 QB league...

I got Courtland Sutton, 2020 1st (very late), and Breida

I gave R.Wilson, 2020 3rd, 2021 3rd

IMO, thats about as big a haul as you can ever expect for a QB not named Mahomes.  I am delighted.  Have Lamar and Dak, so Wilson felt very expendable.

Users who are viewing this thread