What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

FFPC

Gave
2021 1st Round 
2020 5.04 

Got
2020 1.12
2020 5.12 
2021 3rd

My team is pretty good (1pt out of playoffs), young (wilson,henry,chubb,amari,ajb,golladay,djmoore,kirk) and I thought it was an easy accept; what say the masses? 
This piece of mass does not like it for a few reasons.

1. You do have a good young core but you also just said you missed the playoffs. A 12th overall pick for potential high pick next year I don't like. And if I say potential high pick I'm not slighting your team but I've seen loaded teams stumble and  it's often the middling teams that just miss that do the best in the draft playoffs which you just indicated is where your team finished.

2. You seem pretty solid at WR and hard not to see BPA at 12 being another WR. I'd not have wanted to use that asset to just add another WR, instead save it in hopes it lands me some RB help.

3. This is not really a factor but if I were you I'd have department store price shopped. Instead of going for the latest one, I'd have gone for high seconds if you wanted to go this route. Sometimes can find those owners who get caught up on the round, not the pick. I'm probably not saying that well but I think you know what I mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC

Gave

Henry, Derrick
Njoku, David
Brown, Marquise
2020 Pick 7.03

Got

Hopkins

Took a little beating on this one but wanted wr upgrade (Hopkins/Evans/Golladay) and hopefully get by with (Sanders/Mixon/Guice). Short roster big factor as well.

The presence of the 7th round pick is kind of funny to me.

I hate to respond to both of your trades saying I do like the other side.  But I'm curious if you know right now or have a good idea on the two players that were not projected to be able to keep that you can now keep? As I refer to them what was your 15th and 16th position players that moved up, I ask because that does matter to me in looking at these FFPC trades that clear roster room right now.

out of curiosity why sell Andrews? 

As Johnny said, it depends on the projected first... Andrews is worth about 1.8 in 2020, so if it's a non playoff team I'd say you probably made out well. 

It also depends on your depth at TE. This seems like you're trading from a position of strength 
I think it's a good deal. So hard to project future 1sts but I think there is a real good chance that 2021 1st is early. Also I completely forgot to mention it is superflex so that 2.03 is worth a skosh more. 

I have Waller, Higbee, Herndon and now Doyle. But I had zero 2020 draft capital and I feel like I can package that 2021 1st to either move up from 2.03 or to try and convert it to a 2020 1st rounder. 

My team is strong but I only have Henry and a couple decent receiving RBs. I really want to parlay all this into an another stud RB if at all possible. If I do then I think I can win this year and be in a strong position for years to come.

This piece of mass does not like it for a few reasons.

1. You do have a good young core but you also just said you missed the playoffs. A 12th overall pick for potential high pick next year I don't like. And if I say potential high pick I'm not slighting your team but I've seen loaded teams stumble and  it's often the middling teams that just miss that do the best in the draft playoffs which you just indicated is where your team finished.

2. You seem pretty solid at WR and hard not to see BPA at 12 being another WR. I'd not have wanted to use that asset to just add another WR, instead save it in hopes it lands me some RB help.

3. This is not really a factor but if I were you I'd have department store price shopped. Instead of going for the latest one, I'd have gone for high seconds if you wanted to go this route. Sometimes can find those owners who get caught up on the round, not the pick. I'm probably not saying that well but I think you know what I mean.
All fair criticism and yes sure it could be a potential high pick next yr but ill go with what is more likely (mid to late) over what is possible. Its a decent class and I get to use the pick now rather than wait a yr. By nature I am much more of a collector of future picks and certainly it could well blow up in my face. As for wr or rb we will have to wait and see what happens including trading up or back etc. Its all good and thank u for the feedback.

The presence of the 7th round pick is kind of funny to me.

I hate to respond to both of your trades saying I do like the other side.  But I'm curious if you know right now or have a good idea on the two players that were not projected to be able to keep that you can now keep? As I refer to them what was your 15th and 16th position players that moved up, I ask because that does matter to me in looking at these FFPC trades that clear roster room right now.
Probably Watkins/Slayton/Tate, but its not just immediate roster relief, its moving on from some players and flexibility going forward. I know I am on the wrong value side and said as much but owning both Henry and Njoku in 3 of my 6 fpc lgs and having no shares of Watson anywhere was also a factor (as was owning brown in 2 when i never really wanted him in the first place). So I agree I lost the trade value wise but I still feel better about my team(s) now than I did before. 

menobrown said:
FFPC

Gave: Julio, Bell, 2.4

Got: 1.3, 1.4

I took Julio and Bell in the 2013 startup. Getting 7 years out of these two and being able to flip them for two premium picks is about as good as it gets to me. My team had a 5 year run of finishing first or second end this year but was still the highest scoring team in the league but the two I gave up and AB(who I also took in that 2013 startup) were either all on downward descent or it was coming so to be able to try and start over on another run is very exciting to me.  I already had picks 6 and 8, so now  have 4 of top 8 picks to go with along with main young core pieces of Mahomes, Dalvin, Kamara, Evans, JuJu, Deebo, Kittle and Engram.
Well done 👍

out of curiosity why sell Andrews? 

As Johnny said, it depends on the projected first... Andrews is worth about 1.8 in 2020, so if it's a non playoff team I'd say you probably made out well. 

It also depends on your depth at TE. This seems like you're trading from a position of strength 
I don't understand how you have Andrews ranked at 1.08 in this draft.

He's the concensus #4 TE overall, he's young, and he plays on an offense that is both improving and already features him. 

Do you have 7 rookies in the top 60 overall players for dynasty?  Because that's approximately where Andrews is slotted today.

I think it's a good deal. So hard to project future 1sts but I think there is a real good chance that 2021 1st is early. Also I completely forgot to mention it is superflex so that 2.03 is worth a skosh more. 

I have Waller, Higbee, Herndon and now Doyle. But I had zero 2020 draft capital and I feel like I can package that 2021 1st to either move up from 2.03 or to try and convert it to a 2020 1st rounder.
I think the incremental value that 2.03 has in a SF league is dwarfed by the value that Andrews already had to your starting lineup.

Waller/Higbee/Herdon/Doyle screams "I'm going to start the wrong guy every single week".

FFPC

Gave: Julio, Bell, 2.4

Got: 1.3, 1.4

I took Julio and Bell in the 2013 startup. Getting 7 years out of these two and being able to flip them for two premium picks is about as good as it gets to me. My team had a 5 year run of finishing first or second end this year but was still the highest scoring team in the league but the two I gave up and AB(who I also took in that 2013 startup) were either all on downward descent or it was coming so to be able to try and start over on another run is very exciting to me.  I already had picks 6 and 8, so now  have 4 of top 8 picks to go with along with main young core pieces of Mahomes, Dalvin, Kamara, Evans, JuJu, Deebo, Kittle and Engram.
Love this one for you.

FFPC

Gave
2021 1st Round 
2020 5.04 

Got
2020 1.12
2020 5.12 
2021 3rd

My team is pretty good (1pt out of playoffs), young (wilson,henry,chubb,amari,ajb,golladay,djmoore,kirk) and I thought it was an easy accept; what say the masses? 
You are dropping in the 5th round and in the first round (very likely as you got the last pick of the first round - assuming 12 teams).  And for that trouble you are gaining a 3rd round pick two years from now.  Unless there is someone that you are specifically targeting at 1.12 it doesn't really seem like a good move to me.  As someone stated above, you could have targeted 2.01-2.04 and likely gotten it much cheaper and probably not much difference in actual pick value during the draft. 

Keeping the FFPC train going.

FFPC Superflex

Give: Fant, 2.07

Get: Engram
Going after both of these players in FFPC this offseason, so like them both and hate to give such a boring answer but trade seems equitable and if I was rebuilding or contending would impact which side I'd want to be on but I think both of them see their value spike over next year.

I just pulled the trigger on this one today.

PPR 2QB

Gave:  Gardner Minshew

Got:  Marlon Mack

Still leaves me with Russell, Kyler, Tanny and Mariota at QB.  Prior to the trade, my running backs were Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry(traded Godwin for but its contingent on if Jameis is the week 1 starter in Tampa), Damien Williams, Devonta Freeman, Royce Freeman, Matt Breida, Darwin Thompson and Jamaal Williams.  

PPR 2QB

Still leaves me with Russell, Kyler, Tanny and Mariota at QB.  Prior to the trade, my running backs were Aaron Jones, Derrick Henry(traded Godwin for but its contingent on if Jameis is the week 1 starter in Tampa), Damien Williams, Devonta Freeman, Royce Freeman, Matt Breida, Darwin Thompson and Jamaal Williams.  
I saw you inquired about this trade in the dynasty discussion thread and someone replied and offered advice of not doing it. Hate to sound harsh but I think that was good advice.  Relative to his value I don't like Mack, understand you wanting to move him, but I'd have wanted more back.

PPR 2QB

Seems like that is a bit late of a condition.  Too many other factors completely out of control that will impact this.  I mean if Winston gets injured in pre-season while on the Bucs and misses the first game the trade is reversed.  What happens if Henry gets hurt and misses week 1?  It should be contingent on that too...…..A reasonable contingency would have been for Winston to resign with the Bucs.  That is really the crux of the issue not whether he starts week 1. 

I saw you inquired about this trade in the dynasty discussion thread and someone replied and offered advice of not doing it. Hate to sound harsh but I think that was good advice.  Relative to his value I don't like Mack, understand you wanting to move him, but I'd have wanted more back.
I received Mack...

I'd try and move Mack now,
Why do you say this, I'm guessing the uncertainty surrounding the offense?  He's still very young(will turn 24 in March)  but I can understand having a somewhat bleak outlook on his immediate value.  Jacoby certainly fell back to earth towards the latter part of the year and there's questions about whether he'll even be their starter now.  But maybe they go WR early in the draft, and that OL is so good...

Why do you say this, I'm guessing the uncertainty surrounding the offense?  He's still very young(will turn 24 in March)  but I can understand having a somewhat bleak outlook on his immediate value.  Jacoby certainly fell back to earth towards the latter part of the year and there's questions about whether he'll even be their starter now.  But maybe they go WR early in the draft, and that OL is so good...
Did not own him in dynasty last year but redraft and was not a pleasant experience, basically only used him when I had to. His  lack of involvement in the passing game makes him a low upside play and also a low floor play. A team needy at RB might pay something solid for him,  he's not someone I'd ever want to use as a flex and if I'm using him as a RB I'm trying to upgrade.

But it all boils down to his lack of usage in the passing game. Makes him by and large TD dependent.

Did not own him in dynasty last year but redraft and was not a pleasant experience, basically only used him when I had to. His  lack of involvement in the passing game makes him a low upside play and also a low floor play. A team needy at RB might pay something solid for him,  he's not someone I'd ever want to use as a flex and if I'm using him as a RB I'm trying to upgrade.

But it all boils down to his lack of usage in the passing game. Makes him by and large TD dependent.
Yeah no doubt. Definitely wish he was more involved in the passing game. And I think he’s capable, that’s the most frustrating part. He’s mostly insurance in case I lose Henry. We start 7 every week between RB and WR (must start at least 2) and I have a pretty solid foundation of weekly starters at WR in Golladay, Moore, Chark and Parker. Have Kirk as well. 

You are dropping in the 5th round and in the first round (very likely as you got the last pick of the first round - assuming 12 teams).  And for that trouble you are gaining a 3rd round pick two years from now.  Unless there is someone that you are specifically targeting at 1.12 it doesn't really seem like a good move to me.  As someone stated above, you could have targeted 2.01-2.04 and likely gotten it much cheaper and probably not much difference in actual pick value during the draft. 
All fair, it could certainly blow up horribly in my face. Ftr, the 3rd rd is in 1 yr (not 2) and it is fair to point out there is some value in having the use of an asset for this season as opposed to waiting a yr from now. 

This went down in FFPC:

Terry McLaurin, Ronald Jones, 2021 2nd for Melvin Gordon

Hard to place a value on Gordon these days

This went down in FFPC:

Terry McLaurin, Ronald Jones, 2021 2nd for Melvin Gordon

Hard to place a value on Gordon these days
I'm in this league and was a little surprised seeing this trade go down but for sure Gordon's value is hard to place right now. He's going as a third round guy in FFPC redrafts right now so he's been considerably downgraded for now it seems.

Was offered a 2020 3rd & 4th (3.06, 4.07) for Brady in a superflex. I’ve got DJones, Mahomes, Brady & Carr. 

no brainer, right? 

gonna sleep on it. 🤔 

A good rule of thumb is to decrease picks 2 years out by 1 round for value given you have to wait forever for it to pay off, but in this case 2021 is only a year out. 

Regardless, youd have to finish top 3 in 2020 to make this pay off. This, to me, looks like a classic case of buying into 2020 being a way better draft class than 2021, which may not be the case. It may be better, but I'm not sure it's that much to make this trade.

IMO almost any time you can trade 1.12 for any future 1st round pick, it's a win.
All good, your opinion is the one shared by most here and normally the way i lean. Lots of ifs in play, but should have good idea if it was complete disaster in about 10 months and will update then. 

Honestly...I’d try and get a little more. Try and upgrade the 3rd to a 2nd or at least the 4th to another 3rd if possible. 
Sometimes trying to "get a little more" isn't worth it because building a good trading relationship with another owner is sometimes more important than what you gain with the "little bit more", especially with 3rd and 4th rd rookie picks.  If you can keep from doing that, it may be easier trading with that same owner in the future to move up into round 1 of the rookie draft.

Sometimes trying to "get a little more" isn't worth it because building a good trading relationship with another owner is sometimes more important than what you gain with the "little bit more", especially with 3rd and 4th rd rookie picks.  If you can keep from doing that, it may be easier trading with that same owner in the future to move up into round 1 of the rookie draft.
Yeah...I get all of that. Have made plenty of deals in dynasty for that very reason. But for me, a 3rd and a 4th for Brady in a SF doesn’t move the needle enough for me, regardless if I’m attempting to facilitate future trades in the process or not. 

Yeah...I get all of that. Have made plenty of deals in dynasty for that very reason. But for me, a 3rd and a 4th for Brady in a SF doesn’t move the needle enough for me, regardless if I’m attempting to facilitate future trades in the process or not. 
Same here. I think it's just not enough in Superflex depending, of course, on roster dynamics and leagues and so forth.

He should be worth a random 2nd once we know what team he's playing for.  It's the current uncertainty that is keeping his value down.

Same here. I think it's just not enough in Superflex depending, of course, on roster dynamics and leagues and so forth.
Also worth mentioning that it’s a TD-heavy league. TDs are 6. Yardage is .1 per 5 PaYd with no no bonuses.

Brady had plenty of mediocre games in this format.

@Dr. Dan kinda nailed it - I’d like a 2nd for him, but I’ve had Brady on the block for 6 weeks and this is the 1st offer. 

i may casually ask for a 2nd instead, but not like “reject & counter” for it. 

Also worth mentioning that it’s a TD-heavy league. TDs are 6. Yardage is .1 per 5 PaYd with no no bonuses.

Brady had plenty of mediocre games in this format.

@Dr. Dan kinda nailed it - I’d like a 2nd for him, but I’ve had Brady on the block for 6 weeks and this is the 1st offer. 

i may casually ask for a 2nd instead, but not like “reject & counter” for it. 
Sure thing. I didn't feel that strongly about it; it just looks like you should get more for a QB.  Maybe that's completely not the case, though.

A good rule of thumb is to decrease picks 2 years out by 1 round for value given you have to wait forever for it to pay off, but in this case 2021 is only a year out. 
Not directed at you so much as a critique of this “rule of thumb.”  In my opinion, the value of “random 1st” is usually so far ahead of the value of “random 2nd” that I would happily trade every 2nd round pick I ever own for 1sts the next year.  After just a year of doing this, I start having two 1sts in perpetuity, which is strong trade value even if I don’t use them myself.

I think the rule holds more reliably for mid-round picks, where the difference between “random 3rd” and “random 4th” is much lower.

I love seeing this rule propogated though...the more people in my leagues who believe it, the faster I can stockpile draft capital.  (And that’s not even mentioning how much easier it is to trade players for 2nds than 1sts.  If I can then flip those 2nds for future 1sts...this is how people find themselves with 6 picks in the first round of a draft...)

That is an amazing deal.  I wish my league sent offers like that.
The guy has won the league 3 years in a row and i'm the team nipping at his heels.  I'm confused.  I now have:

Lamar, Stafford, Tannehill

Saquon, Mixon

DJ Moore, Godwin, Golladay, Juju, Sutton, P Campbell, D Slayton

Hockenson, Goedert, Ian Thomas

1.01, 1.11, 2.01, 2.06, 2.07

I think the incremental value that 2.03 has in a SF league is dwarfed by the value that Andrews already had to your starting lineup.

Waller/Higbee/Herdon/Doyle screams "I'm going to start the wrong guy every single week".
I'm likely going to flip a couple of those TEs way before week 1. Also, the value Andrews had in my lineup should not be compared to the 2.03 but rather the entire package of the deal. Which includes what I think could easily be an early 2021 1st. 

Ok well as I type this I made a new deal. 

I moved that 2.03 for Darrell Henderson (who I still believe in) and 3.05.

So in total (so far), that is 

Andrews and 2021 2nd

for

2021 1st, Henderson, Doyle and 3.05

Maybe, just maybe I add one of my 4 TEs to that 1st and move into the 1st round this year and take a top back. If so my team will be stacked. Even without Andrews. 

I guess I'd say this is more directed toward trading a player for a 2021 1st or a 2022 1st. The 2022 1st should basically be looked at as a 2021 2nd value. 

When trading picks for picks that makes zero sense 
The thing is, picks and players are fungible.  If you say trading a player for a 2022 1st is the same as trading him for a 2021 2nd, I disagree.

I would happily trade my 2021 2nd for a player I could flip into a 2022 1st and achieve the result I described (assuming most owners subscribe to the “one round per year” fallacy to facilitate the trades).

Put differently, if I have two offers on the table for the same player - a 2021 2nd or a 2022 1st - I take the first every time.

NP,  just seemed odd to point out as a negative that the 3rd is still 2 yrs away and ignore the positive that the 1st is also still 2 yrs away. No biggie...
It's because a 1st rounder (regardless of when it is) still has reasonable value to it.  You can always obtain 3rd round picks if you want them as they are a total crap shoot and generally don't hold much value.  Also, you swapped 1st rounders as part of the deal so I was referring to the only piece that was in your benefit......and for me it wasn't much benefit. 

Starting in 2021 would you rather have a 1st rounder every year and no pick this year, or would you rather have a 2nd rounder every year starting this year?

No, future 1sts are not worth a 2nd the year before.

I've long heard the working theory in real NFL football is a pick next year carries value a round less then the pick this year.

In dynasty rookie drafts that may very be applicable to mid to late round picks. I think someone mentioned something regarding this earlier in the thread.

This theory does not hold water with respect to current seconds being on par with future #1's in dynasty rookie drafts. It's just not the comparable in that way.

Saying that I don't think it's always a mistake to give up a future one for a current second but that's when that pick is OTC and you know exactly what you are buying. I think it's awful to do it any other time.

Sure thing. I didn't feel that strongly about it; it just looks like you should get more for a QB.  Maybe that's completely not the case, though.
It’s all good. It’s also a no-cap dynasty league with 28 man rosters.

Brady is fading fast. I asked if they’d consider a 2nd instead of the 3/4 & I’ll see what they say.  Bad timing as MFL app is down for upgrades, so I can’t accept or counter.

honestly I’d probably prefer a RB2 type to the draft picks. I’m a little light at RB & don’t know if I’d land a RB2 with a 2nd, 3rd or 4th this year. :shrug:  

It’s all good. It’s also a no-cap dynasty league with 28 man rosters.

Brady is fading fast. I asked if they’d consider a 2nd instead of the 3/4 & I’ll see what they say.  Bad timing as MFL app is down for upgrades, so I can’t accept or counter.

honestly I’d probably prefer a RB2 type to the draft picks. I’m a little light at RB & don’t know if I’d land a RB2 with a 2nd, 3rd or 4th this year. :shrug:  
I'd need to see your rooster. ;)

Actually, I would. :mellow:

Users who are viewing this thread