What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

Diontae wouldn't crack the lineup. WRs are Julio, Evans, A Rob and Kupp. Chubb wasn't easy, but my RBs are Gurley, Mixon, Drake, Mostert pre-draft. Chubb finished RB24 in PPG after Hunt came back. It's a contending roster that finished 2nd in '19 after a championship in '18. QB play was too erratic and I made a decision for a better team moving forward, not just 2020. QBs don't fall in our drafts like usual drafts, it's somewhere between PPR and SF. 

I'm also loaded for bear in 2021 with 3 firsts.

Please pardon my forgetfulness, but generally, what is a future draft pick worth in regards to a current year draft pick?

i.e. Is a 2021 2nd round pick worth a 2020 1st rounder or a 3rd rounder, all things being equal?
On average, moving back a year is about the same as moving back 3 spots in the draft. So 2.06 next year equals 2.09 this year, or 2.03 in two years. (Although that is just on average, and 2020 2nd rounders are worth more than average because of the depth of this draft class.)

12 team PPR  1qb 2rb 3wr 1TE 1 flex

Gave: Kupp

Got: D. Watson

Still have Beckham, Godwin, AJ Brown, Ridley, M Williams and Reagor at WR

JohnW1970 said:

Ooof, you got skunked.  Watson has nobody to throw to any more.  If you look a few pages back you'll see I traded Kupp for Wilson (who I have rated higher than Watson) and Evan Engram.

12 team PPR dynasty league 

traded Curtis Samuel for Ron Jones (I drafted Vaughn at 1.11 in the rookie draft and wanted to secure the TB backfield) 

Is that decent value in a vacuum? (I am very deep at WR as I have Godwin, Evans, JuJu, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Crowder, Pittman, Campbell, Sims, Isabella) 

Ooof, you got skunked.  Watson has nobody to throw to any more.  If you look a few pages back you'll see I traded Kupp for Wilson (who I have rated higher than Watson) and Evan Engram.
I disagree. Watson is a winner and a great kid. He will make plays (throwing or running) and will still be an elite QB without Nuk.  Plus, even if the Texans stink this year, and his numbers dip without Nuk, they aren't going to pull a GB and ignore the WR position in next year's draft. 

Huh?  What person in their right mind would trade Dehaun Watson for Kupp?  Sorry if I missed something.

Last edited by a moderator:

traded Curtis Samuel for Ron Jones (I drafted Vaughn at 1.11 in the rookie draft and wanted to secure the TB backfield) 

Is that decent value in a vacuum? (I am very deep at WR as I have Godwin, Evans, JuJu, McLaurin, Diontae Johnson, Crowder, Pittman, Campbell, Sims, Isabella) 
I am not a big fan of Jones but he has value and I don't understand why anyone would deal him for Samuel.

I don't see an issue with this at all.  RoJo could end up being the man in TB and good insurance to the rook Vaughn.  Plus, with Teddy B new there, not throwing down field, and Moore/Anderson, I'm not huge on Samuel's value.

JohnW1970 said:

I'm not a fan of this at all but if you really need a QB then you could have done worse.  Watson still has a ton of upside but I don't really value QBs as much.

JohnW1970 said:

If this is second half of last year Kupp you did fine, if he's first half of last year Kupp you got smoked. I'm not sure which version of Kupp we see in 2020 but with need to start 3 WR's and a 12 team league needing to start just one QB it does not seem like a great deal and I'd have not done it.  But  I do think if  Cooks, Fuller, Cobb and David Johnson can remain relatively healthy that Watson won't see a drop off despite losing Hopkins.

In answer to the bolded yes for you, not for the other guy.

Please pardon my forgetfulness, but generally, what is a future draft pick worth in regards to a current year draft pick?

i.e. Is a 2021 2nd round pick worth a 2020 1st rounder or a 3rd rounder, all things being equal?
Is that a typo when you said a 2021 second is worth a 2020 first and third?  I'm thinking the years are flip flopped

Short version answer I'd give you for value of a future draft pick to a current one is less. Again assuming all things equal as you said.

Immediacy in a vacuum is a value and has it's price.

Huh?  What person in their right mind would trade Dehaun Watson for Kupp?  Sorry if I missed something.
Kupp has been a top 20 wr for the past two seasons, depending on your scoring top 10.  If you're in a one qb league he's worth more than any non-malhomes or l Jackson qb.

I waffled a lot on this one before accepting so I'd like some thoughts...

50m salary cap (300k minimum per player) 16 team idp ppr

His

J Gordon - 2m two years

J Sternberger - 1m taxi squad eligible

200k cap hit

For

I'm up against it cap wise (only 6m after the trade left going into the season and I still need a third wr and to sign my rookies) so Gordon's hit was a hard pill to swallow.

I don't think the Kamara trade is all that bad. When you trade for a top 5 dynasty asset like Kamara is (or very close), you are going to have to overpay. That's just the way it is.

Using the FBG dynasty rankings, the trade is:

#6 ranked dynasty player

for

#25, #34, #49 ranked dynasty players.

Just doesn't seem all that far off to me :shrug:

I don't think the Kamara trade is all that bad. When you trade for a top 5 dynasty asset like Kamara is (or very close), you are going to have to overpay. That's just the way it is.

Using the FBG dynasty rankings, the trade is:

#6 ranked dynasty player

for

#25, #34, #49 ranked dynasty players.

Just doesn't seem all that far off to me :shrug:
Those rankings are always outdated and cobbled together. 

Kamara is going anywhere from 6 to 2 picks earlier than CEH in startup ADP. In my latest startup auction CEH went for more than Kamara. 

Those rankings are always outdated and cobbled together. 

Kamara is going anywhere from 6 to 2 picks earlier than CEH in startup ADP. In my latest startup auction CEH went for more than Kamara. 
Wow! That is really surprising to me. 

I guess I rank Kamara and Barkley fairly close, and there's no way I'd give up Barkley for that package. So it just doesn't seem too far off in my little pea-brain for Kamara.

EDIT: I just looked at FF Calculator ADP for dynasty leagues. Kamara is going at pick 7, CEH is going at pick 51. Am I missing something here? 

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp/dynasty

EDIT Again: These rankings look like they were updated recently - consensus of 32 experts, and it follows FBG rankings pretty closely: Kamara at 5, CEH at 24.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dynasty-overall.php

Wow! That is really surprising to me. 

I guess I rank Kamara and Barkley fairly close, and there's no way I'd give up Barkley for that package. So it just doesn't seem too far off in my little pea-brain for Kamara.

EDIT: I just looked at FF Calculator ADP for dynasty leagues. Kamara is going at pick 7, CEH is going at pick 51. Am I missing something here? 

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp/dynasty

EDIT Again: These rankings look like they were updated recently - consensus of 32 experts, and it follows FBG rankings pretty closely: Kamara at 5, CEH at 24.

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dynasty-overall.php
I am not trusting fantasy football calculator rankings for dynasty for anything I am doing.  Those are mock drafts.

When you want to compare where players are going it is best to go to actual startup drafts and you need to look at several or use that buy site mojo for real money league data for FFPC rules that is.

I am not trusting fantasy football calculator rankings for dynasty for anything I am doing.  Those are mock drafts.

When you want to compare where players are going it is best to go to actual startup drafts and you need to look at several or use that buy site mojo for real money league data for FFPC rules that is.
Agreed. I'm just doing some quick looking.

I haven't seen anything showing that CEH is only going 2-6 picks later than Kamara. Have you? If so, can you post it?

There's a draft posted in the draft thread where CEH went at 2.07, backing up what @FreeBaGeL was saying. I'd guess that's still a full round later than Kamara, but it's closer than the things I posted earlier.

I'm not justifying it. I just don't think it was horrible.

Out of curiosity, would you give up Barkley for that package?
I might not give up Barkley for that package if you substituted kamara in place of CEH, so not sure the relevance of your question.

I might not give up Barkley for that package if you substituted kamara in place of CEH, so not sure the relevance of your question.
I have Barkley and Kamara closer than you do in rankings I guess. There's definitly a gap, but it's like the 1.01 or 1.02 for the 1.05 or 1.06. It's not a huge gap.

So I'm just saying that knowing I (and you) would not trade Barkley for that package, it doesn't seem like such a HUGE reach to say I wouldn't trade Kamara for the package either.

Plenty of ADP data out there.  Mizelle ADP has Kamara 1.05 and CEH 1.12, though that is based on mocks where rookies generally are faded a bit.

FFPC draft data is public and based on real drafts from paid leagues (IE not free leagues where results are skewed by people joking around or trying out crazy strategies).  FFPC ADP has Kamara at 1.06 and CEH at 1.09.

ETA: In the startup auction I am in right now CEH went for $151 and Kamara $130, though to be fair timing can affect player prices in auctions.

I have Barkley and Kamara closer than you do in rankings I guess. There's definitly a gap, but it's like the 1.01 or 1.02 for the 1.05 or 1.06. It's not a huge gap.

So I'm just saying that knowing I (and you) would not trade Barkley for that package, it doesn't seem like such a HUGE reach to say I wouldn't trade Kamara for the package either.
Barkley is a tier or two above kamara.  Having him ranked 1 spot higher is irrelevant to the actual value of those 2 players.

That said, I would easily move kamara for the package of players.  Dumb not to regardless of your team makeup.

Would I move Barkley for a those 3 guys?  Maybe.  Probably.  I guess it depends on my team but leaning towards yes I would do the deal

Barkley is a tier or two above kamara.  Having him ranked 1 spot higher is irrelevant to the actual value of those 2 players.

That said, I would easily move kamara for the package of players.  Dumb not to regardless of your team makeup.

Would I move Barkley for a those 3 guys?  Maybe.  Probably.  I guess it depends on my team but leaning towards yes I would do the deal
I'm curious how you are tiering players if Barkley is a tier or two above Kamara? 

In terms of RBs I would think most would have McCaffrey, Elliott, Barkley, Kamara and Cook as the top 5 (in some order). So, how is Kamara a tier or two below Barkley?

I'm curious how you are tiering players if Barkley is a tier or two above Kamara? 

In terms of RBs I would think most would have McCaffrey, Elliott, Barkley, Kamara and Cook as the top 5 (in some order). So, how is Kamara a tier or two below Barkley?
Barkley
CMC

--------------------------

<empty tier>

--------------------------

Zeke

---------------------------

Cook
Kamara

Nobody likes either side?
Basically 1.12 for Conner.  Fair I think.  Depends on the team.  If RB is a need and you have a chance to contend I would take Conner.  In a rebuild it's closer.

I think it's a fair price to take a shot on Conner in a hopefully re-vitalized pitt offense with Big Ben back.

ffmail4me said:
I disagree. Watson is a winner and a great kid. He will make plays (throwing or running) and will still be an elite QB without Nuk.  Plus, even if the Texans stink this year, and his numbers dip without Nuk, they aren't going to pull a GB and ignore the WR position in next year's draft. 
Not in the first round, they won’t. 

Not in the first round, they won’t. 
Why not?  If someone like Ja'Marr Chase, Rashod Bateman, or Rondell Moore is there for the takiing they very well could.  Perhaps even Jaylen Waddle.  Please don't use the cliche they have greater needs elsewhere, because from the looks of it WR is just as great of a need.  Next year's WR class is another good one.

Kind of a unique league had a deal done

1QB 1RB 1WR 2TE 6flex (including 1superflex) full PPR

Stidham and Marvin Jones

for

Jonnu Smith and 2.04

It's only the 2nd year of the league so teams are relatively balanced overall (except mine of course)

Users who are viewing this thread