Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 IN-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Recommended Posts

16 man IDP

Team A got 2021 1st - projected but I can't possibly know the future for sure early-mid.

Team B got 2.03 OTC, took Denzel Mims

  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

16 man IDP

Team A got 2021 1st - projected but I can't possibly know the future for sure early-mid.

Team B got 2.03 OTC, took Denzel Mims

Future 1st for a 2nd is good 99.9999% of the time, even with the current uncertainty.

Its guaranteed value with homerun potential

Also the added benefit of options.  You can still use that pick during the season to trade for a need or upgrade or something from a team out of the playoff picture.

Edited by ghostguy123
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dez said:

That sure didn't work for me last year I projected a team as a playoff team so I passed on his trade offer.

So what I expected to be a late 1st ended up being 1.02.

You just don't know in reality what any pick will be your only guessing especially if you think it is in the middle.  You might have some luck trying to project an early or late 1st but again it sure don't always turn out that way. 

Just funny how everyone always puts "late 2021 1st" or "early 2021 1st" like they know for sure.  You never know for sure.  I learned that the hard way last year.

Also I always put "projected" because again you never know your just guessing.  I never put I know what it is.

Yeah totally.  Like last year I drafted Odell Beckham in the first round of a startup and he totally didn't play like a 1st round startup pick.  It's all just such a guess anyway, from now on instead I'm just not going to make a pick in the first round because I might be wrong about it.

As for the last two sentences, the words "projected" or "likely" are implied when people say "late 2021 1st".  Sometimes people even write it out, but that's not necessarily because we all (or so I thought) know that's meant to merely be an estimation.  And it certainly affects the value of the pick even if sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

12 team ppr dynasty in my league.  Draft starts this morning.

1.1 for Jacobs/Parker

I would think jacobs by a full Parker.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 trades that just went down in  12 Team PPR, 1.50 TE PPR

Team A got AJ Brown

Team B got D Johnson, A Hooper

----------------

Team C got A Thielan, Trequan Smith, 4.01, 4.08, 4.09

Team D got C Kirk, Dionte Johnson, Preston Williams, Jordan Howard

----------

Team E got Hunter Henry, Arcega-Whiteside, 1.09

Team F Travis Kelce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

 

 

Team A gave up Freeman, Royce DEN RB; Hopkins, DeAndre ARI WR

Team B gave up Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB; Gore, Frank NYJ RB; Woods, Robert LAR WR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

 

 

Team A gave up Freeman, Royce DEN RB; Hopkins, DeAndre ARI WR

Team B gave up Bell, Le'Veon NYJ RB; Gore, Frank NYJ RB; Woods, Robert LAR WR

Hopkins side pretty easily...kind of an odd return for a stud WR...does not make sense as a win-now or a win in the future trade...Bell is heading in the wrong direction and in Dynasty is nearing the end of real value, Gore is a throw-in with no Dynasty value and while Woods is a quality player I don't understand what Team A thinks they are accomplishing here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Boston said:

Hopkins side pretty easily...kind of an odd return for a stud WR...does not make sense as a win-now or a win in the future trade...Bell is heading in the wrong direction and in Dynasty is nearing the end of real value, Gore is a throw-in with no Dynasty value and while Woods is a quality player I don't understand what Team A thinks they are accomplishing here...

Gore is a handcuff for Bell but agree that the Hopkins side is a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team ppr superflex

Sent- Teddy, Cooks, '21 2nd, Bisi Johnson, Keesean Johnson

Got- Josh Jacobs

 

Other owner inquired into teddy or daniel jones, his qb situation was pretty bad. I offered teddy and a '21 1st, this was the counter i received *shrugs*

I sorta viewed it as the equivalent of 3 2nd round picks for jacobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

As for the last two sentences, the words "projected" or "likely" are implied when people say "late 2021 1st".  Sometimes people even write it out, but that's not necessarily because we all (or so I thought) know that's meant to merely be an estimation.  And it certainly affects the value of the pick even if sometimes it doesn't work out that way.

I think his point is hard to argue straight up, which is why everybody is being all snarky about it. The gate-keeping was a little much; aside from that he's correct in there's very little value in projecting what future pick your getting or giving up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: Cam Newton

Got: $2 in bidding bucks 

 

:bag:  Had to make a cut, that's all I could get. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Boston said:

Hopkins side pretty easily...kind of an odd return for a stud WR...does not make sense as a win-now or a win in the future trade...Bell is heading in the wrong direction and in Dynasty is nearing the end of real value, Gore is a throw-in with no Dynasty value and while Woods is a quality player I don't understand what Team A thinks they are accomplishing here...

Add Bell to Woods to make Hopkins? That is awful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2020 at 4:30 PM, Dr. BD said:

Team B by a lot IMO. Better RB and better WR. Kittle is big but I'd take the Team B side myself

I'd go Team B here as well but I think it is really close.  I think people might be jockin Dobbins a bit too much right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pwingles said:

12 team ppr superflex

Sent- Teddy, Cooks, '21 2nd, Bisi Johnson, Keesean Johnson

Got- Josh Jacobs

 

Other owner inquired into teddy or daniel jones, his qb situation was pretty bad. I offered teddy and a '21 1st, this was the counter i received *shrugs*

I sorta viewed it as the equivalent of 3 2nd round picks for jacobs

This is a great move.  If you have enough at QB to lose Teddy (which isn't much) then the rest of this is very "meh" for a stud RB.  Easy accept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cloppbeast said:

I think his point is hard to argue straight up, which is why everybody is being all snarky about it. The gate-keeping was a little much; aside from that he's correct in there's very little value in projecting what future pick your getting or giving up. 

I wouldn't say "very little" value - there's a ton of value.  It's a world of difference if you are trading with the defending champ with a stack roster vs. the guy whose roster is in shambles.  There's obviously going to be a degree of accuracy concern when projecting "late" vs. "early" but there's also a ton of variability predicting whether JJSS will break out or dud or if DeVante Parker is toast or not.  Nothing is etched in stone, we all know that (and why his post was so pedantic which he repeatedly does) so you'll miss some, but trades are all about playing the odds.  To not take into account where future picks are likely to land is foolish.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

12 team, .5 PPR:

Christian Kirk and 4.3

for

Preston Williams, Jacobi Meyers, 4.12, and 6.7

Preston pretty easily in .5 PPR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pwingles said:

12 team ppr superflex

Sent- Teddy, Cooks, '21 2nd, Bisi Johnson, Keesean Johnson

Got- Josh Jacobs

 

Other owner inquired into teddy or daniel jones, his qb situation was pretty bad. I offered teddy and a '21 1st, this was the counter i received *shrugs*

I sorta viewed it as the equivalent of 3 2nd round picks for jacobs

Ah the ol' quarter for two nickels and two pennies trade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: Cam Newton

Got: $2 in bidding bucks 

 

:bag:  Had to make a cut, that's all I could get. 

He's not starting the season as a starter, and we don't have any idea about his health.  His passing isn't going to give him any real fantasy value, certainly no more than replacement level QB value, so unless we know he can run he's hardly worth a roster spot.  And that's once we know he's got a job.  I wouldn't give more for him either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Ah the ol' quarter for two nickels and two pennies trade.

ha yeah, like i said, i initially offered teddy or DJ and a 1st, he countered with that so...  I like it way better than giving a 1st

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cloppbeast said:

there's very little value in projecting what future pick your getting or giving up. 

Disagree completely.  I have had a ton of success doing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

I wouldn't say "very little" value - there's a ton of value.  It's a world of difference if you are trading with the defending champ with a stack roster vs. the guy whose roster is in shambles.  There's obviously going to be a degree of accuracy concern when projecting "late" vs. "early" but there's also a ton of variability predicting whether JJSS will break out or dud or if DeVante Parker is toast or not.  Nothing is etched in stone, we all know that (and why his post was so pedantic which he repeatedly does) so you'll miss some, but trades are all about playing the odds.  To not take into account where future picks are likely to land is foolish.

Having a good defense or kicker can help your team win, but these positions still lack value in our game because of the inaccuracy of predicting the results. Defense in particular is a good analogy, having 11 players on it. Trying to count on which ones will not get injured or perform way better or worse than you thought. It's hard enough trying to make expectations for just one guy, when you multiply that to an entire squad you can see how quickly it goes haywire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Having a good defense or kicker can help your team win, but these positions still lack value in our game because of the inaccuracy of predicting the results. Defense in particular is a good analogy, having 11 players on it. Trying to count on which ones will not get injured or perform way better or worse than you thought. It's hard enough trying to make expectations for just one guy, when you multiply that to an entire squad you can see how quickly it goes haywire. 

You can pretty easily tell who the stacked teams are, as well as the destitute.  Everything in between has higher variance but if you don't at least TRY to make some educated analysis when it comes to picks you're doing yourself a disservice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Furthermore I love making trades with *my* future 1st for *their* future 1st where I am a much better team and I add a small cherry for them, and they are the kind of owner that thinks it is silly and futile to project.

Last year I only pulled one of these. But I was the defending champ and traded my 2020 1st plus Dede Westbrook for his 2020 1st. I repeated as champ so this became 1.12 and Dede for 1.02 as it turned out. 

One example of course, and yes there is plenty of variance when projecting these, but that's what FF is. Projecting and planting flags with incomplete information. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sometimes like it, sometimes not. It wasn't great to stock up on 2019 picks. It likely was/is to get 2020 picks.

Last year I traded the 2.1 (guy took Parris Campbell) for a future 1st. Ended up being the 1.1 (only because the guy was a junk owner in other ways). So that worked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, cloppbeast said:

Having a good defense or kicker can help your team win, but these positions still lack value in our game because of the inaccuracy of predicting the results. Defense in particular is a good analogy, having 11 players on it. Trying to count on which ones will not get injured or perform way better or worse than you thought. It's hard enough trying to make expectations for just one guy, when you multiply that to an entire squad you can see how quickly it goes haywire. 

So team A offers you his 2021 first rounder for 2.12.  His roster:

Mahomes
Barkley, Mixon, Aaron Jones
Cooper, DJ Moore, TY Hilton
Kelce

Then team B offers you his 2021 first rounder for 2.12.  His roster:

Rivers
Guice, Cohen, Burkhead
Watkins, Crowder, Ginn
Vance McDonald

You're telling me you'd flip a coin to determine which one to accept?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gave: 1.04

Got: Austin Ekeler, Diontae Johnson, Benny Snell, 2.03

Usually don't dish high picks but felt on target to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: Cam Newton

Got: $2 in bidding bucks 

 

:bag:  Had to make a cut, that's all I could get. 

Did you at least throw in the Superman outfit?

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I sometimes like it, sometimes not. It wasn't great to stock up on 2019 picks. It likely was/is to get 2020 picks.

Last year I traded the 2.1 (guy took Parris Campbell) for a future 1st. Ended up being the 1.1 (only because the guy was a junk owner in other ways). So that worked out.

Doesn't that go into one's calculus when they project a team as bad? Rhetorical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

Doesn't that go into one's calculus when they project a team as bad? Rhetorical.

I suppose. In this specific case the guy didn't even set a roster for the last month of the season. I let the commish know after the first week but nothing was ever done about it. :shrug:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jonesin For Some Football said:

Not a terrible trade but not near enough for CMC IMO.

I have found it pretty surprising how low CMC's value is. I've put him on the block in a couple places even put out a few offers. I've had zero offers sent my way. And complete rejects of my offers with no interest of counter offers. I still think there are a lot of unbelievers out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Trey said:

Gave: 1.04

Got: Austin Ekeler, Diontae Johnson, Benny Snell, 2.03

Usually don't dish high picks but felt on target to me.

One year from now, Diontae will be worth MORE than that pick by himself. Getting Ekler and 2.3 is GRAVY, well done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pwingles said:

12 team ppr superflex

Sent- Teddy, Cooks, '21 2nd, Bisi Johnson, Keesean Johnson

Got- Josh Jacobs

 

Other owner inquired into teddy or daniel jones, his qb situation was pretty bad. I offered teddy and a '21 1st, this was the counter i received *shrugs*

I sorta viewed it as the equivalent of 3 2nd round picks for Jacobs

I'm guessing guy who gave up Jacobs will be out of the league in 2 years or sooner. Just idiot trade on his part, congrats on getting a stud for pennies on the dollar. 

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

One year from now, Diontae will be worth MORE than that pick by himself. Getting Ekler and 2.3 is GRAVY, well done. 

I'll take that side too but geeeez the Diontae hype is getting out of control around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vandelay said:

I'll take that side too but geeeez the Diontae hype is getting out of control around here.

I don't get it.  I would rather have JuJu.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team PPR Flex

Gave:  Devante Parker

Received:  Darren Waller and Phillip Lindsey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ffmail4me said:

One year from now, Diontae will be worth MORE than that pick by himself. Getting Ekler and 2.3 is GRAVY, well done. 

Diontae more than 4?  No way.  Way to high on him.  Especially with Juju there and they drafted a rookie WR.  I would still take this side of the trade but DJ is being jocked way too hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DFWC trade (12 team PPR) not invovled

Johnson,David RB HOU

for

Moss,Zack RB BUF,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dez said:

DFWC trade (12 team PPR) not invovled

Johnson,David RB HOU

for

Moss,Zack RB BUF,

I'm a big Moss believer. So, Moss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

12 team,  PPR, series of trades, 22 man rosters with 2 man taxi squad

Had 1.5, 1.11, 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5.

Gave 2.5 for Diontae Johnson

Gave 3.5 for Mattison(I have Cook)

Gave 1.5, Garrapallo(my qb3), Jonnu Smith(my TE4-5) for Amari Cooper, 3.8, 3.9

Gave 1.11 for 1.12 and 3.12

Drafted Keshawn Vaughn with 1.12

Traded Keshawn Vaughn and two picks from Cooper deal, the 3.8 and 3.9 for JuJu

Drafted La'Mical Perine at 3.12  to take one of the two taxi spots.

End result is : gave 1.5, 1.11, 2.5, 3.5, Jimmy G and Jonnu for Amari Cooper, JuJu, Diontae, Mattison and Perine.

Team had  Barkley and  Dalvin, some solid QB's and TE's but one of the most  pitiful group of WR's you will so, the group was so bad the top two before the draft were Edelman and Anthony Miller. I split this team with someone and before the draft we discussed using Dalvin or Barkley, if not both, to kind of blow the team up/rebuild because the WR's were so bad and we figured we'd still draft a RB at 5 and some project wait for them to develop WR at 11 and 2.5. This seems way better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, menobrown said:

12 team,  PPR, series of trades, 22 man rosters with 2 man taxi squad

Had 1.5, 1.11, 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5.

Gave 2.5 for Diontae Johnson

Gave 3.5 for Mattison(I have Cook)

Gave 1.5, Garrapallo(my qb3), Jonnu Smith(my TE4-5) for Amari Cooper, 3.8, 3.9

Gave 1.11 for 1.12 and 3.12

Drafted Keshawn Vaughn with 1.12

Traded Keshawn Vaughn and two picks from Cooper deal, the 3.8 and 3.9 for JuJu

Drafted La'Mical Perine at 3.12  to take one of the two taxi spots.

End result is : gave 1.5, 1.11, 2.5, 3.5, Jimmy G and Jonnu for Amari Cooper, JuJu, Diontae, Mattison and Perine.

Team had  Barkley and  Dalvin, some solid QB's and TE's but one of the most  pitiful group of WR's you will so, the group was so bad the top two before the draft were Edelman and Anthony Miller. I split this team with someone and before the draft we discussed using Dalvin or Barkley, if not both, to kind of blow the team up/rebuild because the WR's were so bad and we figured we'd still draft a RB at 5 and some project wait for them to develop WR at 11 and 2.5. This seems way better.

Johnson

Mattison

Cooper

I think you did well with those picks.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, menobrown said:

 

Gave 3.5 for Mattison(I have Cook)

Traded Keshawn Vaughn and two picks from Cooper deal, the 3.8 and 3.9 for juju

Both of these are horrible for the other guy

Edited by ghostguy123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Vaughn and two 3rds for JuJu?  someone did that?  Kk

Edited by Vandelay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Both of these are horrible for the other guy

I thought the Mattison one was fine. I would for sure have leagues I would NOT pay 3.5 for Mattison if I did not own Cook, I mean he's just a handcuff since I think they are going to resign Dalvin. Agree on the JuJu deal for sure.

 

12 minutes ago, Vandelay said:

Vaughn and two 3rds for JuJu?  someone did that?  Kk

Surprised me as well and we kind of dumb luck backed into it.

We'd have taken Pittman at 1.11 but when we got offered 3.12 to move back from 1.11 to 1.12  we felt safe taking it since Pittman had not gone higher then 1.12 in any draft. So we moved back to 12 with every intention of taking Pittman. But in this draft Pittman went at  11 and left us high and dry at  12.  We tried trading the pick, found no takers and we decided to just take Vaughn even though neither of us really believe in him. Our goal after we took Vaughn was to try and get Ronald Jones or hopefully deal Vaughn.  Next day we got the JuJu offer and just instant accepted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, menobrown said:

I thought the Mattison one was fine. I would for sure have leagues I would NOT pay 3.5 for Mattison if I did not own Cook, I mean he's just a handcuff since I think they are going to resign Dalvin. 

Where is mattison going in startup drafts?  Where is the 29th rookie going?

The value is way off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

 

The value is way off

Give me a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dez said:

DFWC trade (12 team PPR) not invovled

Johnson,David RB HOU

for

Moss,Zack RB BUF,

I'd rather have David Johnson.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.