What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

2 happened today, ppr league.

Sent JK Dobbins got 1.07 (Swift) + '21 2nd (probably late)

Sent 1.09 (Reagor) got Robert Woods.

Last edited by a moderator:
2 happened today, ppr league.

Sent JK Dobbins got 1.07 (Swift) + '21 2nd (probably late)

Sent 1.09 (Reagor) got Robert Woods.
A lot of people like Swift over Dobbins, so I hope that was the case here.  Got his guy and got a 2nd to boot.  I prefer the Dobbins side.

I see no upside to Woods, this feels like a massive overpay. Reagor all the way and I'm not super high on him.  Love the idea of the 1.09 for this pick, but I likely would have taken someone else.

I can see selling for the 1.09 with the right roster comp for sure but to say that there's no upside with Woods and that it's a "massive overpay" seems crazy.  Due to his undervalued production I ended up with him as my WR4 in a couple places last year and that was a very nice advantage. The guy just produces and he's hitting his prime now.

Dez said:
FFPC

McLaurin and Chris Carson

for

Godwin

Give me Godwin all day on this one
I think everyone has been on both sides of this type of deal...dealing a stud for two good players...I fully understand the logic of both sides...as far as this deal goes I just don't think that is enough for Godwin...there's just too much risk with the two players coming back...McLaurin is a nice piece but he is in a situation where the QB position is a complete wildcard which could limit his upside...Carson is good but he has his questions as well...overall I think both these guys make sense being part of this deal I just don't like the combo of them...whether you prefer McLaurin or Carson the other piece needs to be better.

12 Team Start 1 RB 2 WR 1 TE 4 FLEX 1 QB 9 IDP (DE/LB/DB)

Gave: 2021 earlier to mid-2nd

Got: James Conner and Ifeadi Odenigbo 

Might be decent for one season, because he won't be with the Steelers in 2021.
Conner's in the tier of backs that are volume and team-dependent, for sure. This is definitely more in hopes that he'll get an extension for a modest amount at some point. If not, then the deal is different. I think it all depends on his health. When healthy, he's a fine/very good back. If his health falters, the Steelers will replace him. And I'm not entirely sure where he'll be, but it's better than paying a first for Fournette, IMHO, which is what his owners want. 

Conner's in the tier of backs that are volume and team-dependent, for sure. This is definitely more in hopes that he'll get an extension for a modest amount at some point. If not, then the deal is different. I think it all depends on his health. When healthy, he's a fine/very good back. If his health falters, the Steelers will replace him. And I'm not entirely sure where he'll be, but it's better than paying a first for Fournette, IMHO, which is what his owners want. 
I'm not a Conner guy, but a mid second is pretty fair. With Conner, you know you're getting at least 1 rb2 season out of him, health assumed.

I'm not a Conner guy, but a mid second is pretty fair. With Conner, you know you're getting at least 1 rb2 season out of him, health assumed.
Maybe not the wisest long-term investment of the second-rounder, though. I'm having buyer's remorse now, though in a vacuum, it's a fair deal. I'm also really hoping Odenigbo moves into Griffen's spot on the DL in MN, assuming they don't bring Griffen back. There's a lot of volume there for him. They profiled him at Dynasty League Football and he looks like a bear to handle for OLs right now.  

Really, I just can't wait for the season to start. Let's get some football going here...

Maybe not the wisest long-term investment of the second-rounder, though. I'm having buyer's remorse now, though in a vacuum, it's a fair deal. I'm also really hoping Odenigbo moves into Griffen's spot on the DL in MN, assuming they don't bring Griffen back. There's a lot of volume there for him. They profiled him at Dynasty League Football and he looks like a bear to handle for OLs right now.  

Really, I just can't wait for the season to start. Let's get some football going here...
I think you will be fine and if Conner returns to full duty the first few games you can probably turnaround for a profit if you choose.

I think you will be fine and if Conner returns to full duty the first few games you can probably turnaround for a profit if you choose.
That's what I was thinking. I'm not too distraught over having done the deal. I figure with a few strong games in the book, I can recoup the pick or let it ride a little and see if I can't turn it into a late-first or two seconds with a win-now team. I also need live bodies at RB in this league.  

I seem to be the only dealer in the league, though. Lots of people waiting for me to initiate and good guys sitting on the block, so that might be tricky. 

That's what I was thinking. I'm not too distraught over having done the deal. I figure with a few strong games in the book, I can recoup the pick or let it ride a little and see if I can't turn it into a late-first or two second with a win-now team. I also need live bodies at RB in this league.  

I seem to be the only dealer in the league, though. Lots of people waiting for me to initiate and good guys sitting on the block, so that might be tricky
I am in your same boat and feel your pain. I often have to overpay as well, but it is part of the fun to get your guys. I think this rookie class is deep but I am not as high on the talent/upside as others. Getting a starting RB from Pitt for a 2nd is a good production grab for you and can be used to help your team or parlay into the future if desired.

I am in your same boat and feel your pain. I often have to overpay as well, but it is part of the fun to get your guys. I think this rookie class is deep but I am not as high on the talent/upside as others. Getting a starting RB from Pitt for a 2nd is a good production grab for you and can be used to help your team or parlay into the future if desired.
Probably so. It's a 2021 second, if that helps any. The RB class is supposed to be average. I still have two first-round picks, though now am missing a second and third. It goes 1,1,4,6 for next year. I used the third in a deal for McLaurin and the fifth and this year's fifth for two fifths in this year's, with which I took Quintez Cephus and Malik Harrison, which I think is really, really good value at the 5.6 and 5.8. 

12 team PPR
10 keeper league

I gave: Fournette

I get: 1.08 and 2.09

Not sure how I feel about it. I think LF has a RB2 type year but I wanted to get out while I could. I think he has a better chance of losing value than gaining value over next 1-2 years. 

12 team PPR
10 keeper league

I gave: Fournette

I get: 1.08 and 2.09

Not sure how I feel about it. I think LF has a RB2 type year but I wanted to get out while I could. I think he has a better chance of losing value than gaining value over next 1-2 years. 
Picks easily for me

Man I think Cook is underrated as a short term option. He was TE4 last year in games where Brees played with 14.5 ppg. 
Cook is due for some major regression. He caught a career high in touchdowns and averaged over 15 yards per catch. He was tight end 4 on 43 catches and now has Sanders to take away some targets. 

Man I think Cook is underrated as a short term option. He was TE4 last year in games where Brees played with 14.5 ppg. 
Cook averaged 15.8ppg over their last 7 games last season on a total of 28 targets, primarily because he caught 7 TDs.  Over his first 6 games  of the season he had a similar 27 targets, scored 2 TDs, and averaged 7.3ppg.  The targets were pretty consistent all season, so I think people are insane relying on Jared Cook this season expecting a similarly unrealistic TD rate.  

I would rather have the pick. Going off memory I don't think Connor has ever made it through 16 games.  I don't want to count on him as my rb2
Injury is the key with him, for sure, because it's not lack of usage in the running or passing game, nor competence in the offensive line and QB when everybody is healthy. I'm betting on his and the team's health this year.  

2020 Inaugural year

12 team PPR, 1QB 3WR 2RB 1TE 2Flex 11bench 3taxi 4IR

trade

team A, michael thomas, 2021 1st

team B, saquon barkley, 2022 2nd, 2023 2nd

teams

team A starters chris carson, kareem hunt, Michael thomas, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, DJ chark and decent prospects 

Team B starters Saquon Barkley, Leonard  fournette, keenan allen, tyler boyd, michael gallup, preston williams, denzel mims, not much else

Team A: McLaurin & 3.03

Team B: 1.09, Edelman, Green,Cin

1/2 point PPR League
Seems pricey on paper for McLaurin but I would actually take Terry in this instance. Getting anything for Green and Edelman right now is tough and I think this draft class is a little overrated. 

10 Team PPR Superflex

Traded: 1.02, 2020 3rd and Stafford

Received: 1.01 (Burrow)
Stafford and 1.02 for Burrow?  I hate it for you honestly. 

I don't want to pile on though and rather ask why you needed to grab Burrow?

Stafford and 1.02 for Burrow?  I hate it for you honestly. 

I don't want to pile on though and rather ask why you needed to grab Burrow?
Other QBs are Rivers, Stidham and Mahomes. Didn't want to go into the future with a bunch of aging QBs and I'm not sold on Tua. Gives me a lineup of:

Mahomes/Burrow/Kamara/####ty 2nd RB/OBJ/Cooper/Tyreek/Evans/Ertz

CEH would have given me a better lineup for this year but I actively avoid investing in RBs in dynasty because of how quickly they fall off. 

Other QBs are Rivers, Stidham and Mahomes. Didn't want to go into the future with a bunch of aging QBs and I'm not sold on Tua. Gives me a lineup of:

Mahomes/Burrow/Kamara/####ty 2nd RB/OBJ/Cooper/Tyreek/Evans/Ertz

CEH would have given me a better lineup for this year but I actively avoid investing in RBs in dynasty because of how quickly they fall off. 
But eventually you need to try to win, right?

This isn't a better lineup than Mahomes/Stafford/Kamara/CEH/etc. I'd say it's worse. 

But eventually you need to try to win, right?

This isn't a better lineup than Mahomes/Stafford/Kamara/CEH/etc. I'd say it's worse. 
I won in 2017/2018 and made the playoffs last year. I just don't believe in investing in RBs at the top of a draft in superflex. They come and go but I can build around Burrow for 10-15 years. 

It absolutely gave me a worse lineup for this season but it's dynasty. Also, CEH was not an option at #2 imo. 

I'm aggressive in going after the players I want. Seems like the pool is against me on this one but that's alright. 

Stafford is 32, I think, and coming off of major back surgery. I don't know what to say about the deal, but I'll say that. I can see the concern in a dynasty superflex.  

I won in 2017/2018 and made the playoffs last year. I just don't believe in investing in RBs at the top of a draft in superflex. They come and go but I can build around Burrow for 10-15 years. 

It absolutely gave me a worse lineup for this season but it's dynasty. Also, CEH was not an option at #2 imo. 

I'm aggressive in going after the players I want. Seems like the pool is against me on this one but that's alright. 
Okay, Taylor then. I'd still think the other lineup would be better. But I'm not into superflex so... :shrug:

Okay, Taylor then. I'd still think the other lineup would be better. But I'm not into superflex so... :shrug:
I wish I understood the fascination with Superflex leagues.  The idea of making QBs so important over other positions is something I can't see.  I always thought trying to balance scoring among the positions is the preferred choice by most fantasy owners.  Not to mention what starting 2 QBs does with regards to position shortages.   When someone like Justin Herbert is chosen over Lamb or Jeudy it stands out as a red flag to me.

What? You mean you could have got Burrow anyway? Or that you would prefer Taylor?

Stafford is 32, I think, and coming off of major back surgery. I don't know what to say about the deal, but I'll say that. I can see the concern in a dynasty superflex.  
He was #2 QB in fantasy last year on PPG basis. But certainly getting older and had surgery, yes.

I wish I understood the fascination with Superflex leagues.  The idea of making QBs so important over other positions is something I can't see.  I always thought trying to balance scoring among the positions is the preferred choice by most fantasy owners.
The theory is that it reflects real football a little more accurately, while the 1 QB diminishes the role, especially in redraft leagues. (I assume dynasties often carry larger rosters out of their very nature, which makes QBs a little more important).

What? You mean you could have got Burrow anyway? Or that you would prefer Taylor?
I mean the top two players this year in superflex are Burrow and Tua. I felt like I needed another QB with Stafford's back (and age) and Rivers's age. 

He was #2 QB in fantasy last year on PPG basis. But certainly getting older and had surgery, yes.
He was indeed awesome before he went down. Tons of volume and his aDOT and accuracy rating were both top ten in the league; I think his aDOT was second or something like that.  

The theory is that it reflects real football a little more accurately, while the 1 QB diminishes the role, especially in redraft leagues. (I assume dynasties often carry larger rosters out of their very nature).
Well, fantasy football shouldn't mimic real football in that sense IMO. If you want to increase the value of QBs, give 6 pts per passing TD instead of 4 and give bonuses on yardage or some other statistic. 

I mean the top two players this year in superflex are Borrow and Tua. I felt like I needed another QB with Stafford's back (and age) and Rivers's age. 
In my two Superflex leagues it went CEH, Burrow, Taylor, Tua and Burrow, CEH, Taylor, Tua. It's all good I really like Burrow a lot and feel he is a great building block. I'd take the other side because I think you can win the ship right now with that 2nd RB. But I also feel like streaming a 2nd RB is not such a bad choice, either.

I wish I understood the fascination with Superflex leagues.  The idea of making QBs so important over other positions is something I can't see.  I always thought trying to balance scoring among the positions is the preferred choice by most fantasy owners.  Not to mention what starting 2 QBs does with regards to position shortages.   When someone like Justin Herbert is chosen over Lamb or Jeudy it stands out as a red flag to me.
My excuse is that I feel I *might* have an even bigger edge on my competition in SF than in regular leagues. Especially FFPC. 

In my two Superflex leagues it went CEH, Burrow, Taylor, Tua and Burrow, CEH, Taylor, Tua. It's all good I really like Burrow a lot and feel he is a great building block. I'd take the other side because I think you can win the ship right now with that 2nd RB. But I also feel like streaming a 2nd RB is not such a bad choice, either.
That's interesting. In the rookie poll on here, Burrow was the huge favorite for the 1.01. 

Now I just need a 2nd RB lol. I have Gurley and Ingram. Oof. 

Well, fantasy football shouldn't mimic real football in that sense IMO.
Sure thing. I prefer that fantasy reflect reality more, but it's not for everybody. And quarterbacks do often wind up being disproportionately important in terms of sheer number of them needed to cover the optimal 2 QB starting lineup with bye weeks and such. 

I've often wanted to start leagues that take lines into account by using PFF grades.  

That's interesting. In the rookie poll on here, Burrow was the huge favorite for the 1.01. 

Now I just need a 2nd RB lol. I have Gurley and Ingram. Oof. 
Just completed an FFPC superflex startup a couple days ago as well and both CEH (2.05) and Taylor (2.04) went before Burrow (3.11) and Tua (5.06).  All of that being said I would still assume Burrow to be the 1.01 on average across all superflex leagues. 

Users who are viewing this thread