Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 IN-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

4 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Curious how people view this deal.  In a vacuum it's pretty imbalanced, but context makes it closer I imagine.  This guy has been trying to get rid of Kamara all off-season.  

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Team A got: Alvin Kamara - Now owns Barkley, Zeke, M. Sanders, DJ, and Kamara at RB (definitely a top contender)

Team B got: 1.07, 2.09, 2021 3rd, 4th, 2022 4th, Chase Edmonds, Damien Harris, Kahale Warring

Team B is basically the worst possible team you can imagine who is a new owner taking it over.  His best player is probably either Josh Allen, Mike Williams, or Diontae Johnson.  Literally has nothing else of value on that entire team. 

Personally I don't think it's that bad considering how many dart throws this team needs and there is SOME value here, but the value is definitely with the person getting Kamara.  But there is a potential Kamara contract problem and Brees retirement on the horizon that could nuke his future value.  

I really want to call it horrible but IDK the 1.07 could really hit. I think this class is just nasty. But I would easily pay that for Kamara. If this guy has been shopping him all offseason I am surprised he couldn't do better, but the new owner syndrome isn't to be underestimated.

5 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

I really want to call it horrible but IDK the 1.07 could really hit. I think this class is just nasty. But I would easily pay that for Kamara. If this guy has been shopping him all offseason I am surprised he couldn't do better, but the new owner syndrome isn't to be underestimated.

Well, he should have gotten the 1.7 with Sanders.

9 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Everyone is pretty stingy on trades in this league.  Usually hard to get things done in the first place. 

That's great and all but you still don't trade a guy for pennies just to do it.  That's how you build a losing team.

• Like 1

16 team .5 RB/1 WR/1.5 TE ppr, WR/TE started as recievers, no mandatory TE slot. 

I gave: Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Blake Jarwin.

I got: Mark Andrews, RGIII, 2021 1st. 

I am getting the sell high vibe on Jones and got Barkley in the offseason. Got RGIII as a throw-in as I have L-Jax so some COVID short term insurance. 

We can start 1-3 RB and 3-5 WR/TE. Still have Thomas, Hopkins, Diggs and Hilton as starters. 

13 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Curious how people view this deal.  In a vacuum it's pretty imbalanced, but context makes it closer I imagine.  This guy has been trying to get rid of Kamara all off-season.  

Team A got: Alvin Kamara - Now owns Barkley, Zeke, M. Sanders, DJ, and Kamara at RB (definitely a top contender)

Team B got: 1.07, 2.09, 2021 3rd, 4th, 2022 4th, Chase Edmonds, Damien Harris, Kahale Warring

Team B is basically the worst possible team you can imagine who is a new owner taking it over.  His best player is probably either Josh Allen, Mike Williams, or Diontae Johnson.  Literally has nothing else of value on that entire team. 

Personally I don't think it's that bad considering how many dart throws this team needs and there is SOME value here, but the value is definitely with the person getting Kamara.  But there is a potential Kamara contract problem and Brees retirement on the horizon that could nuke his future value.  

That is atrocious lol

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Ooff...

I always feel like if you have to look at a trade from multiple angles to try and make it look not that bad, it’s a bad trade. Too much has to go right for the package side to make this deal worth it. There has to be SOMEONE who would have given a better deal... maybe not.

1 hour ago, Dacomish said:

16 team .5 RB/1 WR/1.5 TE ppr, WR/TE started as recievers, no mandatory TE slot. 

I gave: Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Blake Jarwin.

I got: Mark Andrews, RGIII, 2021 1st. 

I am getting the sell high vibe on Jones and got Barkley in the offseason. Got RGIII as a throw-in as I have L-Jax so some COVID short term insurance. 

We can start 1-3 RB and 3-5 WR/TE. Still have Thomas, Hopkins, Diggs and Hilton as starters. 

I was in board until I saw no TE required. 

1.5 for TE doesn’t move the needle THAT much for me for TEs. 

There is some obvious TD regression coming for Jones, but a lot of people count him out of GB in 2021, but I just don’t see it. It’s Jamaal Williams who will be gone; I really think they resign Jones.

I think this deal was a pretty good one, and a good sell of Jones if you didn’t add Jarwin. I think he tips the scale here in about the value of a 2021 2nd. At least that’s what my trusty calc says 

Edited by Johnny B. Goode
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Zyphros said:

I just took over a team and was offered a late 1st, late 2nd and OJ Howard for Kamara, from the league champ. I don't really have a top TE and everyone in the league seems to think I should overpay for their backup TE's.

Edited by mcd

17 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Gimme the Kamara side, obviously in context that it also is the win-now team. 

that said, the deciding factor of any rebuild trade is “did the person who gave up Kamara get that much better?”

hard to say until we see the picks of course, but I would have liked to have seen at least one quality starter coming back and I have my doubts that either Edmonds or Harris are that guy. 

IMO 3rd and 4th round picks rarely amount to much, and 1.07 seems unlikely to net them anything resembling Kamara’s value. Or 2.09 for that matter. 

to give up a player of Kamara’s age, ability & situation I’d want at least a 1.01-1.04 in return. 

so even in context, if I’m the Kamara owner I’d stand pat there & try to deal something else In order to then build around Kamara. 

As-is, I don’t like this for the Kamara owner at all. A bad team + Kamara is better than a bad team - Kamara, and I’m not really seeing the opportunity to improve that significantly.  

the team that got Kamara wins this deal by a lot, IMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mcd said:

I just took over a team and was offered a late 1st, late 2nd and OJ Howard for Kamara, from the league champ. I don't really have a top TE and everyone in the league seems to think I should overpay for their backup TE's.

I would decline such an offer. Perhaps not very politely. Heh

13 hours ago, barackdhouse said:

Yeah, I don’t love the part about that owner shopping him all offseason, as though it justifies selling low. 

if I can’t get what I want for a player I hang onto the player. 

i put Hopkins on the block last season & received offers from 8/12 teams. Nothing I wanted so I stood pat. I still have Hopkins, and I’m glad I didn’t settle. If the right offer comes in, any of my players are available, but being desperate is arguably the worst position to deal from. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

12 Team PPR Superflex TE Premium

My team is a contender that needed a Flex upgrade.

Gave: 2021 2nd , 2022 1st, 2022 1st, 2022 2nd

Got: Austin Ekeler

Flex is now Ekeler as opposed to: James White, Marvin Jones, Jamison Crowder

Edited by battlestar

13 minutes ago, battlestar said:

In TE premium SF, gimme picks in a big way

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Tyreek Hill, AJ Dillon, ‘21 2nd 
For
Courtland Sutton, Adam Thielen, ‘21 1st

45 minutes ago, battlestar said:

Makes me wish that I owned Ekeler. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mzkp54 said:

For

Give me the guy with Mahomes. Lock has got a lot to prove. 

• Like 1

No Ekeler love I see.  So be it.  Me and his Mom will just chill on this island :).

Appreciate the replies!

• Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, battlestar said:

Seems like a lot to give... I may have to put him on my block

Edited by JoeSteeler
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, battlestar said:

So if I’m reading this right your first rounders are likely to be late since you’re a competitive team?  But then again, 2022 is a-ways off. Stuff can happen. You could have a bad 2021. They could be high picks. 

That’s a lot to pay. Man. I like Eck this year, but you’re putting a lot of eggs into one basket. 

if it was a 2022 1st & a 2021 2nd I could see it. The extra 1st rounder isn’t where I think you’re overpaying. 

Obviously, Eck has to perform for this to be judged a good deal for you. Considering how much you paid, he’d probably have to be a top 12 RB for this to be worth it. 

And RB is a dangerous position. I’m always weary about spending a ton on one. but that all said, that’s me. It’s not terrible.

It should help your team in the short term.

long-term could be challenging. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, battlestar said:

No Ekeler love I see.  So be it.  Me and his Mom will just chill on this island :).

Appreciate the replies!

I really like Eck. I’m on the island. i still think you paid too much for him. ;) 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, mzkp54 said:

For

Tyreek side. But it’s close. Sutton is a baller. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

So if I’m reading this right your first rounders are likely to be late since you’re a competitive team?  But then again, 2022 is a-ways off. Stuff can happen. You could have a bad 2021. They could be high picks. 

That’s a lot to pay. Man. I like Eck this year, but you’re putting a lot of eggs into one basket. 

if it was a 2022 1st & a 2021 2nd I could see it. The extra 1st rounder isn’t where I think you’re overpaying. 

Obviously, Eck has to perform for this to be judged a good deal for you. Considering how much you paid, he’d probably have to be a top 12 RB for this to be worth it. 

And RB is a dangerous position. I’m always weary about spending a ton on one. but that all said, that’s me. It’s not terrible.

It should help your team in the short term.

long-term could be challenging. 

You are reading it right, I’m likely a top 4-ish team all things being equal.  And I see the points being made that this is an overpay and I agree to a point but honestly, every league is so different, and this league in particular has a crazy high view of RB’s.  

As for Ekeler needing to be top twelve to justify the trade, I think he can achieve that but I am not counting on it.  Rolling out Zeke, Dalvin and Ekeler is much more appealing to me than that spot being held by James White, Marvin Jones or Jamison Crowder.

Part of the appeal for me was that he would accept picks only.  No other starting RB was available for picks.  Did I overpay?  Yes.  The question is by how much and was it worth it and I just can’t answer that yet. 

I’m still happy with the deal and that’s what matters most.

Cheers dude!

Edited by battlestar

8 hours ago, battlestar said:

You are reading it right, I’m likely a top 4-ish team all things being equal.  And I see the points being made that this is an overpay and I agree to a point but honestly, every league is so different, and this league in particular has a crazy high view of RB’s.  

As for Ekeler needing to be top twelve to justify the trade, I think he can achieve that but I am not counting on it.  Rolling out Zeke, Dalvin and Ekeler is much more appealing to me than that spot being held by James White, Marvin Jones or Jamison Crowder.

Part of the appeal for me was that he would accept picks only.  No other starting RB was available for picks.  Did I overpay?  Yes.  The question is by how much and was it worth it and I just can’t answer that yet. 

I’m still happy with the deal and that’s what matters most.

Cheers dude!

Sometimes you’ve got to over pay a little to get your guy. Like you said, you’re happy with the deal and that is what’s important. And I agree that Ekeler in your lineup each week looks a lot better than those other guys. Good luck! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Minor one. PPR IDP Zealots

Gave: JJAW

Got: John Brown

Score. JJAW looked lost out there. John Brown seems consistently underrated. This looks like an (at least) 1 tier upgrade. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Wow. This is a sell at the ceiling for JJAW, good one

12 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I am blown away that anyone wants JJAW on their roster. Great trade.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Score. JJAW looked lost out there. John Brown seems consistently underrated. This looks like an (at least) 1 tier upgrade. 

2 hours ago, Johnny B. Goode said:

Wow. This is a sell at the ceiling for JJAW, good one

1 minute ago, King of the Jungle said:

I am blown away that anyone wants JJAW on their roster. Great trade.

Great thing was, it was offered TO me. From a guy that normally won't trade under any circumstances. He offered me this or JJAW for Devin Duvernay. The choice was obvious. 

• Like 3

12 PPR QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, TE,

Gave: A.J. Green

Got: N’Keal Harry

Had some depth, so took a chance Harry takes a big step in the next year or two. 

• Like 1

Nice move, especially in a Dynasty league!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kyter1 said:

Had some depth, so took a chance Harry takes a big step in the next year or two. 

I like this deal for you a good deal

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, kyter1 said:

I really dislike Harry but like your side of this deal. Green's warning sings point to him being very close to being done as a top-flight guy in the NFL.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, kyter1 said:

I am as weary of investing in Patriots receivers as I am of AJ Green falling off of cliff. 

i know others like the deal. I feel like you’re selling Green low coming off of a lost season. 

if it were me. I’d probably hold for a season (or partial season) and see if Green can build his value a little more.

he may well fall off of a cliff in a year or two. But if he plays well for a year, a “win now” team in need of a WR might pay more than Harry for him.

all speculation of course, and depending on how he plays. 

I’m not high on Harry & a rebuilding Pats offense. I like Cam, but he doesn’t have that many years either, and there are a lot of unknowns about what that offense will look like. I think Cam will be better than most seem to believe, but he’s a TD vulture, he loves TEs, and the Pats like to spread the ball around.

On the upside, if you like Harry, at least you got someone you want and got out of an aging asset.

This inspires me to try to buy low on Green. I think he has a few good years left. 

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

i know others like the deal. I feel like you’re selling Green low coming off of a lost season. 

If anything Harry is being sold low. He was a top 3 rookie pick last offseason that was banged up for most of his rookie year. You’d be lucky to get a late first for Green, let alone a top 3 pick.

Edited by Dr. Octopus

19 hours ago, kyter1 said:

I couldn't get offered anything of substance for Green in a league where I was rebuilding (best offer straight up was a late 2nd next year), had to package him with something else.

17 hours ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I am as weary of investing in Patriots receivers as I am of AJ Green falling off of cliff. 

if it were me. I’d probably hold for a season (or partial season) and see if Green can build his value a little more.

he may well fall off of a cliff in a year or two. But if he plays well for a year, a “win now” team in need of a WR might pay more than Harry for him.

all speculation of course, and depending on how he plays. 

I’m not high on Harry & a rebuilding Pats offense. I like Cam, but he doesn’t have that many years either, and there are a lot of unknowns about what that offense will look like. I think Cam will be better than most seem to believe, but he’s a TD vulture, he loves TEs, and the Pats like to spread the ball around.

On the upside, if you like Harry, at least you got someone you want and got out of an aging asset.

This inspires me to try to buy low on Green. I think he has a few good years left. 

The issue I think with this is WRs at Green's age (and even younger honestly) aren't going to be able to build value. Even if he has a white hot season or part of a season, his value will stay basically the same, or even get slightly lower as he ages another year. Maybe there's a contender out there who would pay up for the short term production, but in most leagues I'd say that's very unlikely. Even that short-term production might not be there, injuries happen etc. It's no guarantee.

The fact is that maybe 9 or 10 owners in any given league have no interest in owning AJG, or Julio or Ty (for example). Not saying that's right, but that's the way it is. Even OBJ is heading this way - he could be the overall WR1 this year and I'd bet his trade value only marginally increases due to age and the fact that many dynasty players just don't want him on their teams. 

Harry at least to me is potentially a more liquid asset, regardless of what you think of him as a player. And if he hits, well even better. 

During this off-season i've acquired Juju in three of my five pre-existing leagues (So not counting start-ups).  I didn't send out any of the offers.  It just seems odd to me that one particular player that I wasn't actively seeking was offered up to me without even asking about him.

PPR Start 1 QB:

Gave: Cooks, 1.06(He got CD Lamb)

Got: Juju, Lamar Jackson

PPR Superflex

Gave:  Edelman, 1.08, 2021 2nd

Got: Juju

PPR Superflex (irrelevant in this deal)

Gave:  Golladay

This last one was the only one that made me hesitate for a second.  I think Golladay is in for a big year, but still prefer Juju long term.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

If anything Harry is being sold low. He was a top 3 rookie pick last offseason that was banged up for most of his rookie year. You’d be lucky to get a late first for Green, let alone a top 3 pick.

Harry isn't a top 3 pick. If you redid last years rookie draft he would be a mid to late 2nd. If he was in this years draft he would be a mid 2nd. 

I am taking Green in this deal. If and this is a big if Burrows is legit then this could revive Green. I am not saying he will be what he was, but I could see him having 3ish more years of low end wr 2 or high end wr 3 production. Much like Fitzgerald, or Wayne. 

29 minutes ago, BINGBING said:

PPR Start 1 QB:

Oh just that guy thrown in.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, BINGBING said:

During this off-season i've acquired Juju in three of my five pre-existing leagues (So not counting start-ups).  I didn't send out any of the offers.  It just seems odd to me that one particular player that I wasn't actively seeking was offered up to me without even asking about him.

PPR Start 1 QB:

PPR Superflex

Gave:  Edelman, 1.08, 2021 2nd

PPR Superflex (irrelevant in this deal)

Gave:  Golladay

This last one was the only one that made me hesitate for a second.  I think Golladay is in for a big year, but still prefer Juju long term.

Probably because it was the only one that was remotely close.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, msudaisy26 said:

Harry isn't a top 3 pick. If you redid last years rookie draft he would be a mid to late 2nd. If he was in this years draft he would be a mid 2nd. 

I am taking Green in this deal. If and this is a big if Burrows is legit then this could revive Green. I am not saying he will be what he was, but I could see him having 3ish more years of low end wr 2 or high end wr 3 production. Much like Fitzgerald, or Wayne. 

Meh, there's a lot of speculation and opinion posing as facts here but the truth is Harry was a consensus top 3 pick and only lost favor because he was injured most of his rookie season.

It just goes to show that despite dynasty "experts" pretending they think long term, most have a redraft mentality and are fickle.

Edited by Dr. Octopus

Posted (edited)

12 Team PPR, QB,2RB,3WR,3Flex,1Superflex. 
was offered:

Give: Ekler

Get: 2020 1st, 2021 1st, 2022 1st.

Edit: Accepted the trade as soon as I posted. 

Edited by osiriskid
Updated

33 minutes ago, osiriskid said:

was offered:

I would probably break my leg getting to my device to accept.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, osiriskid said:

was offered:

picks for me and not really close

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, osiriskid said:

was offered:

Picks especially if I'm rebuilding or have a decent replacement for Ekeler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I don't know. I think at least some of Harry's high ranking was due to him being on the Pats and their lack of weapons at WR. Now Brady is gone and the Patriots offense going forward is a mystery. NE's history with drafting WRs isn't great either.

I'm not saying Green is a great get for Harry, but I think it is a close deal.

1 hour ago, osiriskid said:

was offered:

Edit: Accepted the trade as soon as I posted. 

Still makes me wish that I owned Ekeler. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, farfromforgotten said:

Still makes me wish that I owned Ekeler. 

Me too if I could sell him for 3 1st rd picks.

4 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Meh, there's a lot of speculation and opinion posing as facts here but the truth is Harry was a consensus top 3 pick and only lost favor because he was injured most of his rookie season.

It just goes to show that despite dynasty "experts" pretending they think long term, most have a redraft mentality and are fickle.

Knowing what we knew then in that particular class.  Even knowing what we knew then he wouldn't crack 2020 top 8 and of course we saw some not great stuff too.  Can't fairly assign him any kind of top 3 value.