What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (7 Viewers)

My point is, just b/c someone won a Heisman it does not mean long term NFL success
That is not what I said...I used it as a reference that he did not come out of nowhere...there are plenty of examples of Heisman winners not having good careers but the point is combine a great college career with an insane first year as a starter and I feel comfortable that he is not some one year wonder.

14 Team  .. No PPR  Two trades happened .. 

Team A gave: DK Metcalf and 2020 Rookie Pick 1.09

Team B gave: Melvin Gordon and Valdes-Scantling 

Team C gave: JConner

Team D gave: 2020 Rookie Picks 1.13 and 2.07 and 2021 Late 2nd Rounder 

Metcalf and 1.09 easily

Probably the picks here for me - there's a lot of value in the 2020 picks at that spot.

I don’t believe that was the case but fair enough.
I could be talked off it I just thought he turned out to be a "reads one side of the field" kind of guy, but honestly even if I'm right I can't think of a single other exception. Nobody figured out Vick or Cunningham. Seems like the true limiting factor is the player themself, not the defenses trying to figure them out. 

Holy crap on the first one. Home run there. Maybe two with the 1.09

2nd trade is even depends on my team needs

QRRWWWTFKD

6 points all TDs

Team A gives Kyler Murray + Preston Williams + 2021 1st (mid to late)

Team B gives Patrick Mahomes 

WTF.....The team that just traded Sanders for crap just sent his 2020 1.05 rookie pick to that same other team for Noah Fant. This certainly seems shady to me...........
Dumb trades, but they don't strike me as worthy of the veto. Strange that you would sit by while 1.1 times out,  but this makes you want to intercede.  1.1 timing out is way worse for league balance. 

This just happened:

Team A gives:
Beckham, Odell CLE WR
Ridley, Calvin ATL WR
Year 2022 Round 3 Draft Pick

Team B gives:  
Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.03
Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick
Year 2021 Round 2 Draft Pick 
Year 2022 Round 1 Draft Pick 
Year 2022 Round 2 Draft Pick 
Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR
50% of 2020 blind bidding (fake) dollars
50% of 2020 blind bidding (fake) dollars

Team A is rebuilding and is now completely bereft of talent but also already has pick 1.06 and 1.09 this year.

I'm one of these teams. 😶

Last edited by a moderator:
QRRWWWTFKD

6 points all TDs

Team A gives Kyler Murray + Preston Williams + 2021 1st (mid to late)

Team B gives Patrick Mahomes 
I really like Murray but this makes zero sense to me...the upside is way, way too limited to be giving up Mahomes...the downside could be tremendous...dumb trade.

I really like Murray but this makes zero sense to me...the upside is way, way too limited to be giving up Mahomes...the downside could be tremendous...dumb trade.
It's a substantial overpay for Mahomes according to FBG trade value chart. 

Mahomes 30

Kyler - 18

Preston - 9

2021 mid 1st - 16

It's a substantial overpay for Mahomes according to FBG trade value chart. 

Mahomes 30

Kyler - 18

Preston - 9

2021 mid 1st - 16
I would not touch it...the downside is so easy to see....only way I am dealing Mahomes is in an overpay and this is not it...Murray is high quality and is someone that could get a Mahomes owner interested but Williams is a WR without much of a track record coming off of an ACL and the pick looks like a good but not great one...the new Mahomes Owner just added a legit FF stud without touching the core of his roster and also has a year to figure out how to get back into the first round...easy accept on this one.

Jail said:
Dumb trades, but they don't strike me as worthy of the veto. Strange that you would sit by while 1.1 times out,  but this makes you want to intercede.  1.1 timing out is way worse for league balance. 
Well the one helped him. This one could be bad for him. Duh.

ghostguy123 said:
12 team PPR (FFPC)

Austin Ekeler

For

Darrell Henderson, Breshad Perriman, Jared Cook, and a 2021 1st (probable playoff team)
Happy to get more than a first for Ekeler.  Henderson could end up being the rb1 for the rams - he's been left for dead after a quiet rookie year and then drafting akers, but the rams let Gurley go and aren't committing to a starting rb. At this time last year, Ekeler was in almost the same spot but with lower draft pedigree than Henderson.  Perriman had decent pedigree, is only 26, finished red hot, and is looking good after a change in scenery.  And Cook might be 33 but he went off the second half of last year and is a te1.  I know it's ffpc so those end of bench guys are devalued but those are 3 solid throw ins for a guy who hasn't had 600 rush yards yet, changed quarterbacks and might play for the worst team in his division. 

Avery said:
This just happened:

Team A gives:
Beckham, Odell CLE WR
Ridley, Calvin ATL WR
Year 2022 Round 3 Draft Pick

Team B gives:  
Year 2020 Draft Pick 1.03
Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick
Year 2021 Round 2 Draft Pick 
Year 2022 Round 1 Draft Pick 
Year 2022 Round 2 Draft Pick 
Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR
50% of 2020 blind bidding (fake) dollars
50% of 2020 blind bidding (fake) dollars

Team A is rebuilding and is now completely bereft of talent but also already has pick 1.06 and 1.09 this year.

I'm one of these teams. 😶
I like the picks for the rebuilder.  Should help to get 1.1 next year which looks like a stud rb. 1.3 should net another quality back, and 1.6/1.9 in this draft are both likely quality receivers who will be coming into their own in 2022 when this team is starting to emerge. 

The guy getting obj and Ridley gave up a likely stud rb but got enough young assets to consider this a win too. 

Win win imo. 

Now this just went down in same PPR... Still not sure why this should stand...

Team A sends Miles Sanders & DK Metcalf

Team B Sends Fant, Tate, M. Mack & Jamaal Williams

Fantasy Pros has this lopsided by a mile @ 56 vs 107 in trade value. Dynasty101 calculator has this lopsided (Again in the team getting Sanders' favor) by a difference of CMC...
It seems like these two teams are trading the same players back and forth - maybe they're just bored.

I like the picks for the rebuilder.  Should help to get 1.1 next year which looks like a stud rb. 1.3 should net another quality back, and 1.6/1.9 in this draft are both likely quality receivers who will be coming into their own in 2022 when this team is starting to emerge. 

The guy getting obj and Ridley gave up a likely stud rb but got enough young assets to consider this a win too. 

Win win imo. 
I agree (and I'm the rebuilder).

Really, I need to flip this script on this team.  Wasn't super-excited about giving away Ridley (young guy I should be building around) but there were enough assets here for me to pull the trigger and this hobby is supposed to be fun, so a lot of picks -->  more trade trading --> more moves ---> more fun!  :football:

Good move...you now don't have to think about your QB position for the foreseeable future and you have a player that is a threat to blow up in a big way every week...I definitely value stability at the QB position more then most on this board, I just don't enjoy playing the match-up game so when you have a chance to grab a Lamar or a Mahomes you gotta go for it.
The problem is that perceived stability often isn't.

Last year Watson was the guy that everyone lumped in with Mahomes and now you can get him at 70% of the price.  Two years ago the top 2 dynasty QBs via ADP were Aaron Rodgers and Carson Wentz.  The year before that Luck and Cam were the guys to have.

Recent history has not been even a little bit kind to folks paying up for top QBs.  In most cases they could be acquired significantly cheaper within a year or two.  Even the guys that have held longevity like Russell Wilson almost every other year can be acquired for a fraction of the cost and which ones are expensive vs. cheap rotate every year.

If I wanted stability I'd much rather go for a guy like Wilson or Wentz who can be acquired for peanuts in 1qb leagues.  Jackson's value is 100% tied to him performing as an outlier top 1-2 scorer and history has shown us so many times that just doesn't often stick year to year.

The problem is that perceived stability often isn't.

Last year Watson was the guy that everyone lumped in with Mahomes and now you can get him at 70% of the price.  Two years ago the top 2 dynasty QBs via ADP were Aaron Rodgers and Carson Wentz.  The year before that Luck and Cam were the guys to have.

Recent history has not been even a little bit kind to folks paying up for top QBs.  In most cases they could be acquired significantly cheaper within a year or two.  Even the guys that have held longevity like Russell Wilson almost every other year can be acquired for a fraction of the cost and which ones are expensive vs. cheap rotate every year.

If I wanted stability I'd much rather go for a guy like Wilson or Wentz who can be acquired for peanuts in 1qb leagues.  Jackson's value is 100% tied to him performing as an outlier top 1-2 scorer and history has shown us so many times that just doesn't often stick year to year.
I will gladly take the chance that Lamar can have sustained success, especially when the cost is from another position that is very unstable and has a short shelf life...also, as I pointed out this is not just about stability but having a player that has the potential to blow up for you every week...there are only so many of those players out there and Lamar is one of them.

B/c I reversed the 1st two garbage deals. This is still garbage IMO
Seems like you should have vetted your new owners better. If you whip out the commish veto, you need to replace the owner you think is trying to screw themselves (and in your estimation, the league’s balance), or your veto carries NO weight. A veto should never be used unless you’re replacing the victim, because if you don’t trust them to make decisions for their team, then you shouldn’t have them in the league, period. You will lose all trust as commish if you do this.

That’s setting aside that I assume this is the league where you have that STACKED roster that would win in a 6-teamer. On its own, that’s fine, those super rosters come and go in long term leagues. But combining it with a veto-happy commish is just...not a good look, and I’m not saying it to question you as an owner or commish. It’s just the perception that’s going to prevail if you keep doing this. 

You need to boot the new guppy you felt was dumb enough to warrant a veto to protect them from themself, maybe the other owner too if you’re sketched out by their activity so far, and vet the next owners MUCH better, or this league will stagnate imo. 

hispeedthinmint said:
The Miles Sanders owner in the dynasty PPR I commish just traded him for Marlon Mack & Golden Tate. WTF?!

I am not Mr. veto trades, but I am seriously considering reversing this. I mean how ridiculous can you get? Also, I offered him Fournette + for Sanders before & he never even countered, but he takes this? (I am not jealous. My starters are CMC & Barkley so I am good) Something smells fishy here plus these are 2 new to the league owners. What do you folks think?
That is terrible.  I'm not for veto, especially in Dynasty but I might at least put that up to a league vote if you are unsure.  Terrible trade.

12 team PPR, Superflex, TE Premium

Keenan Allen, TY Hilton, Jonnu Smith

for

Leonard Fournette, Darren Waller, Marvin Jones

Seems like you should have vetted your new owners better. If you whip out the commish veto, you need to replace the owner you think is trying to screw themselves (and in your estimation, the league’s balance), or your veto carries NO weight. A veto should never be used unless you’re replacing the victim, because if you don’t trust them to make decisions for their team, then you shouldn’t have them in the league, period. You will lose all trust as commish if you do this.

That’s setting aside that I assume this is the league where you have that STACKED roster that would win in a 6-teamer. On its own, that’s fine, those super rosters come and go in long term leagues. But combining it with a veto-happy commish is just...not a good look, and I’m not saying it to question you as an owner or commish. It’s just the perception that’s going to prevail if you keep doing this. 

You need to boot the new guppy you felt was dumb enough to warrant a veto to protect them from themself, maybe the other owner too if you’re sketched out by their activity so far, and vet the next owners MUCH better, or this league will stagnate imo. 
10/10

you only veto for collusion. Collusion mandates expulsion. 

14 team dynasty ppr league:

Team A gives: Stefon Diggs, David Johnson, Darren Waller

Team B gives: Travis Kelce, Hunter Renfrow, Ke'Shawn Vaughn 
That is definitely enough to get me to move Kelce. I still like Waller, it’s not TE Prem, and I don’t like the other guys enough to outweigh adding Diggs. DJ at the least is just extra imo

Incompetence is subjective. League balance is subjective. That’s the same can of worms you were trying to avoid
I know, I didn’t say I would utilize the option necessarily if it was me, this was a real situation though. Once it’s been done you’ve already made the decision that they are either incompetent to a point of unfairness, or untrustworthy. How can you not trust an owner to make one trade but then trust them to make the rest going forward? The damage is done, you’ve decided they can’t make decisions that are good for their roster or for the league. The vetoes have already happened, so that ship has sailed and they aren’t worthy of the league. Either that or the vetoes were a mistake. That’s the only option unless you’re going to backseat drive their team for eternity. 

Edit: I can remember a single time as a commish that I vetoed and reversed a trade in my years, and it was because a new owner making their first trade had forgotten that in our format on MFL, 5th round rookie picks are stand-ins for devy picks. A rules misunderstanding basically that once learned, was never repeated. Not a reason to distrust their decision-making. 

14 team dynasty ppr league:

Team A gives: Stefon Diggs, David Johnson, Darren Waller

Team B gives: Travis Kelce, Hunter Renfrow, Ke'Shawn Vaughn 
Give me Kelce...he is a trusted difference-maker and the contract they just gave him makes me feel he still has a decent amount of mileage left...if you get three high-end years out of him I love this deal...Vaughn is a nice add-on as well, if he hits this deal would really be good...because it is a 14 team league Renfrow has some value...as for what was given up...Diggs is good but I think he will always be what he is, DJ should be good this year but is nearing the end...Waller is the x-factor, if last year is the beginning of a nice run this deal could make sense but he will be 28 in September so he's not dramatically younger then Kelce which is what I would want if I was dealing Kelce for another TE.

12 Team PPR

Gave Zack Moss

Got DeVante Parker and a 2021 3rd.
I still have my questions about Parker but I would not do this and I see zero reason to be adding a #3...Moss is a nice addition to any roster but Singletary can play so I don't think Moss will get the opportunity to put up big time fantasy numbers...would hate to make this deal and see Tua take Parker's game to another level.

I still have my questions about Parker but I would not do this and I see zero reason to be adding a #3...Moss is a nice addition to any roster but Singletary can play so I don't think Moss will get the opportunity to put up big time fantasy numbers...would hate to make this deal and see Tua take Parker's game to another level.
Yeah I'm not a huge Parker fan but adding another receiver was a goal of mine. I had a few rookie RBs so figured I'd put someone out there. The guy that wanted Moss had Singletary and a bunch of receivers and he actually offered the third with it, I didn't ask.

Yeah I'm not a huge Parker fan but adding another receiver was a goal of mine. I had a few rookie RBs so figured I'd put someone out there. The guy that wanted Moss had Singletary and a bunch of receivers and he actually offered the third with it, I didn't ask.
If he has Singletary it does make more sense so he can own the backfield...Parker looked lights out the end of last season so he is definitely worth that...the #3 is a nice little bonus that could help get you over the top on another deal.

I know, I didn’t say I would utilize the option necessarily if it was me, this was a real situation though. Once it’s been done you’ve already made the decision that they are either incompetent to a point of unfairness, or untrustworthy. How can you not trust an owner to make one trade but then trust them to make the rest going forward? The damage is done, you’ve decided they can’t make decisions that are good for their roster or for the league. The vetoes have already happened, so that ship has sailed and they aren’t worthy of the league. Either that or the vetoes were a mistake. That’s the only option unless you’re going to backseat drive their team for eternity. 

Edit: I can remember a single time as a commish that I vetoed and reversed a trade in my years, and it was because a new owner making their first trade had forgotten that in our format on MFL, 5th round rookie picks are stand-ins for devy picks. A rules misunderstanding basically that once learned, was never repeated. Not a reason to distrust their decision-making. 
 I think one point that is lost on all this is that hispeedthinmint makes trades heavily in his favor that I have seen this offseason and also has a complete stacked roster (which I would assume is also part of lopsided trades), and yet his trades go through, but this trade which seems imbalanced is vetoed.  If I were in the league I would definitely leave as the commish (hisspeedthinmints) will veto other trades, but his slides through.  

To hisspeedthinmints I think you overstepped your bounds.  You asked for advice (in several different areas) and most would agree the trades weren't fair, but most of the completed trades you post I would point to a trade heavily/mostly in your favor.  This trade I wouldn't say is obvious collusion so if you can make lopsided trades so others should be allowed.

Users who are viewing this thread