Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 IN-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

11 minutes ago, Jubot said:

Sorry, just realized this was for completed trades in season, my bad. 

Don't sweat it. It's getting to be a sort of rite of passage around here to get chastised for something like this. Welcome to the club!

• Laughing 1

I know I overpaid, but really wanted CEH, and have concerns about MT. Also have a really deep roster.

Gave-

Mixon

Thomas

Kelley

Received-

CEH

Cooper

Drake

Edited by Cranjis

3 minutes ago, Cranjis said:

I know I overpaid, but really wanted CEH, and have concerns about MT. Also have a really deep roster.

Gave-

Mixon

Thomas

Kelley

Received-

CEH

Cooper

Drake

FWIW, the site I checked has this near dead-even (within 2%) and favors your side.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

FWIW, the site I checked has this near dead-even (within 2%) and favors your side.  

Which site do you use?

Just now, scoobus said:

Which site do you use?

Dynasty trade calculator.  It's my first year in a true dynasty league so I'm finding it really informative, not just for trades in that league but also looking at free agents, and .for my contract and salary cap leagues.

• Thanks 1

Maybe off-topic a little ---

Does anyone else play in leagues where there are no trades at all or conversation among teams ?

Just wondering if this is normal, cause i think it kinda sucks...

8 minutes ago, DreamTheater said:

Does anyone else play in leagues where there are no trades at all or conversation among teams ?

In a dynasty league, that really sucks. So much of the fun is trading and negotiations. Especially in the next couple weeks when the bad teams are positioning for future years and the good teams are trying to win this year. Makes for a lot of trades.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kutta said:

In a dynasty league, that really sucks. So much of the fun is trading and negotiations. Especially in the next couple weeks when the bad teams are positioning for future years and the good teams are trying to win this year. Makes for a lot of trades.

Thanks, thought it was just me ~

14 minutes ago, DreamTheater said:

THat's going on right now in my dynasty. No one wants to deal. It blows

1 hour ago, Cranjis said:

Our league has few trades too.  Only about 3-4 teams willing to deal.

I'm in 3 dynasty leagues and in all of them I'd say at least half won't even respond to trade offers, they just let them expire without answering. Never understood why someone would do that. Takes a lot of the fun out of the game knowing you have so few potential trade partners. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DreamTheater said:

MOST typical Dynasty leagues have some trade activity, but not nearly the volume as Re-Draft or Keeper.  

My 12 Team 4 Keeper league, we averaged 18-20 trades a year - all from Aug-Nov.  It's been around 15 years & most trades in a year was 30 deals (8 were picks only days of draft)

My 12 Team Dynasty averages 6-7 during off season & 3-4 in season // so far this year, we've had 4 trades & I was involved in 3 if that is a clue. 

My leagues must both be anomalies and filled with people hungry for trades (I always suspected this and we’ve recruited people who love to trade on purpose)—

Both devy leagues, 14 teamers.  

League 1, five years old: 111 trades so far since February 6th when the site rolled over. 

League 2, seven years old: 51 trades so far since February 8th when the site rolled over. 

I think about 6 owners overlap between the two leagues. Every season we’ve had immense trade activity, but I’d have to check to see if this season is up or down overall for these leagues, historically. 

Edit: Just checked and our most active season was 3-4 years ago with 330+ trades. It’s a crazy number but it’s an insanely active league with a constantly moving GroupMe chat where people talk on and off all day, openly negotiate sometimes, make prop bets, talk trash and post news and tweets, etc. It’s by far my favorite league and yes, sometimes people trade just for fun or to shake things up but it’s generally competitive, rosters turn over a lot in terms of players owned although there are some owners who don’t like to trade as much. Only $40 buy-in but it’s more about the bragging rights. By far my proudest championship victories. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

12 team PPR SF dynasty.

Team A gives: Julio Jones, Jordan Wilkins, 2021 3rd (early to mid)

Team B gives: Damien Harris, Evan Engram, 2021 1st (mid to late)

Team A gets:  Ezekiel Elliott/Kerryon/Van Jefferson

Team B gets:  David Johnson/CeeDee Lamb

42 minutes ago, jm192 said:

Seems to be some fringe options muddying things up, but it basically comes down to Lamb for Elliot.

I would take the Lamb side.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, northern exposure said:

12 team PPR SF dynasty.

JJ if the team that got him can win this year

45 minutes ago, jm192 said:

Lamb side

• Like 1

1 hour ago, northern exposure said:

12 team PPR SF dynasty.

Julio side.  

Super flex

Team A gave

Brady, Tom TBB QB

Ingram, Mark BAL RB

Kelce, Travis KCC TE

Team B gave

Gibson, Antonio WAS RB

Ertz, Zach PHI TE

Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick (probably late)

Not involved. This one irks me.

Non-ppr IDP Zealots

Team A gave: Agholor, Lazard, Shepard

Team B gave: Amari Cooper

Edited by Andy Dufresne

31 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Not involved. This one irks me.

Non-ppr IDP Zealots

Team A gave: Agholor, Lazard, Shepard

Team B gave: Amari Cooper

Why does it irk you? It isn't like 3 quarters for a dollar. It's more like 3 quarters for 50 cents. But I'm not a big Cooper fan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, northern exposure said:

Why does it irk you? It isn't like 3 quarters for a dollar. It's more like 3 quarters for 50 cents. But I'm not a big Cooper fan.

It's a dime, nickel, and a penny. But since he was in a trading mood I was able to do this:

Gave: Keenan Allen, Mark Andrews, Darrynton Evans, Tarik Cohen

Got: Nick Chubb

Cohen is football dead, Evans is behind the elite, Allen is aging out (good this year though), and I have Goedert returning from IR.

I'm 100% playing for next year. I have four firsts (two likely early, two later) and an early 2nd. 

I think Chubb is a stud even with Hunt there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, northern exposure said:

12 team PPR SF dynasty.

9 hours ago, Helaire-ious said:

JJ if the team that got him can win this year

9 hours ago, jm192 said:

Julio side.  

Wow.  My response is that someone (Team B) is terrible at fantasy football.  A 1st in a superflex ppr for a 32 year old Julio Jones is terribly poor value and the opposite of sound logic in building a team.  The odds that Julio actually makes a difference in winning or losing a championship in his limited time remaining are extremely low.  A mid/late 1st next year in a superflex is going to be a top 4-8 pick in a normal ppr league.  Then throw in Engram (struggling but uber talented) and Harris (a potential feature back when healthy), and I’m dumbfounded that the only two responses thus far were favoring a clearly breaking down Julio.  The 1st, with an Engram/Harris cherry on top, in a landslide.

• Like 3

14 team PPR SF IDP with 11 starting O and 11 starting D

team A gives AJ Dillon, Mecole Hardman, Brandon Jones(S), 2021 1sr(right now 1.13) record 12-2

Team B gives Chris Godwin, Matt Milano, Jeremy Chinn record 8-6 in last playoff spot

Edited by Crippler

On 10/30/2020 at 6:13 AM, Crippler said:

14 team PPR SF IDP with 11 starting O and 11 starting D

team A gives AJ Dillon, Mecole Hardman, Brandon Jones(S), 2021 1sr(right now 1.13) record 12-2

Team B gives Chris Godwin, Matt Milano, Jeremy Chinn record 8-6 in last playoff spot

That looks terrible, Team A gets an upgrade at every position including what I think are the two best players in the trade, Godwin and Chinn. 

Edited by 5Rings
  • Like 1

This just went down in FFPC

Zeke

J.Jeudy, A.Gibson, A.Lazzard

1 hour ago, Penguin said:

This just went down in FFPC

Zeke

J.Jeudy, A.Gibson, A.Lazzard

Dare I say it? Dare I?

It's a free Jeudy and Lazard

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

2 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Dare I say it? Dare I?

It's a free Jeudy and Lazard

LOL!
That might be going overboard a tad, but I do prefer the Gibson side.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: Hilton

Got: Pollard 

I may be wrong, but I just think Hilton is done, and figured Pollard is one of the more talented backups in the league. You guys agree or did I sell short? 

25 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Gibson = Zeke?

If that's the case (I really don't think it is) I got totally ripped off.

I gave Gibson, Antonio WAS RB; Ertz, Zach PHI TE; Year 2021 Round 1 Draft Pick

For Brady, Tom TBB QB; Ingram, Mark BAL RB; Kelce, Travis KCC TE

Super flex, Brady starts over Goff (I had Dak).  I really needed a TE. If Michael Thomas and miles sanders return fully, I think I have a pretty good chance to repeat despite losing Barkley and dak. 

16 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

12 team PPR dynasty

Gave: Hilton

Got: Pollard 

I may be wrong, but I just think Hilton is done, and figured Pollard is one of the more talented backups in the league. You guys agree or did I sell short? 

I have no problems with this deal...right now Hilton's value is beyond low and there is a good chance it doesn't rebound...there is no doubt Pollard can play and if Zeke went down his value would skyrocket...you may also be able to swing something with the Zeke Owner that nets something solid as well...worst case is you enhanced your RB depth with a talented 23 year old and in Dynasty that is a good thing.

• Like 4

12 tm .5ppr qwwrrtffd

Gave: Courtland Sutton, 2021 1st (currently 1.05), 2021 1st (current 1st place team)

Got: Justin Jefferson

• Like 2

Man people are really jumping off the Zeke train quickly.  I feel like his value has been dinged more relative to his former value from 2 bad games than Mixon's has for 20.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, EthnicFury said:

12 tm .5ppr qwwrrtffd

Gave: Courtland Sutton, 2021 1st (currently 1.05), 2021 1st (current 1st place team)

Got: Justin Jefferson

I like Jefferson a lot but do feel like you paid a premium to get him (but he could well be worth it! ) 

• Like 1

On 10/29/2020 at 9:10 PM, northern exposure said:

12 team PPR SF dynasty.

I suspect the only reason for this is a rebuild.

1 minute ago, ffmail4me said:

I like Jefferson a lot but do feel like you paid a premium to get him (but he could well be worth it! ) 

I feel that way too, but my logic was guys like that are hard to pry away at any value, I’m a front runner with a hole at WR this season, and the higher 1st was a luxury pick I got for chase Edmonds. So it was kind of easy come, easy go to get what I’m hoping is a set and forget cornerstone piece for a decade.

obviously if JJ is not that I will look real dumb for this in a couple years

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

This looks pretty decent if you assume Sutton is football dead. Which I don't think is a wrong assumption.

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

This looks pretty decent if you assume Sutton is football dead. Which I don't think is a wrong assumption.

Expand on football dead.  Do you think it is the severity of injury or situation?

1 minute ago, DropKick said:

Expand on football dead.  Do you think it is the severity of injury or situation?

Primarily injury. I have little faith in WRs returning to form from such injuries.

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Primarily injury. I have little faith in WRs returning to form from such injuries.

ACL or combo ACL/MCL, as was the case with Sutton.

By the way, I would have done the same thing in pursuit of Lamb.

4 minutes ago, DropKick said:

ACL or combo ACL/MCL, as was the case with Sutton.

By the way, I would have done the same thing in pursuit of Lamb.

Same, but I already have Lamb 😎

(that was also part of why I have a wr hole for this year though since I’m not sure I can start him with their current qb situation)

On 10/30/2020 at 6:00 AM, SayWhat? said:

Wow.  My response is that someone (Team B) is terrible at fantasy football.  A 1st in a superflex ppr for a 32 year old Julio Jones is terribly poor value and the opposite of sound logic in building a team.  The odds that Julio actually makes a difference in winning or losing a championship in his limited time remaining are extremely low.  A mid/late 1st next year in a superflex is going to be a top 4-8 pick in a normal ppr league.  Then throw in Engram (struggling but uber talented) and Harris (a potential feature back when healthy), and I’m dumbfounded that the only two responses thus far were favoring a clearly breaking down Julio.  The 1st, with an Engram/Harris cherry on top, in a landslide.

Hi, I'm the Team B owner and I'm terrible at fantasy football. LOL. But, tell me how you really feel. LMAO. 

I'm so bad at it that I won this league last year. I know a blind squirrel finds a nut and all that... But, I'm in contention for the title this year too.

We have to start at least 2 WRs every week and prior to the trade my top 2 WRs were Crowder and Woods. I have Claypool too, but he isn't a consistent weekly option. I have some depth at TE with J Smith, Henry, L Thomas and Albert O. I wanted to move Thomas, but the other owner wouldn't have it. I tried starting Engram every week and his performance vs his potential has been lacking for more than just this season. I shopped Engram for a while and couldn't get anything for him.

I was willing to move Harris because the Patriots RB situation is frustrating at best.

I was offering a 2nd instead of a 1st and we weren't getting anywhere. The league is tough to make trades in  because owners dig in their heels and won't move off their player values. D Parker was the only other potential trade target and his owner wanted a 1st and a young prospect. That prospect was never identified because I felt that price was too high.

Hopefully my gamble pays off here and I repeat as Champ, but I know that pales in comparison to your 100% success rate in every one of your leagues SayWhat? 

Best of luck in our leagues this season to the rest of us mere mortals.

Edited by northern exposure
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Was his that much worse than normal? Just off the top of my head Keenan, Arob, Wayne, Welker, Jordy all came back from ACL tears. 

I know Sutton's was MCL too but that seems pretty common with ACLs and I'm not sure how many of those guys above had the combo vs just the clean ACL. 

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1