What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

Any thoughts on:

Will Fuller $3 2020

for 

Amari $22 2020

Gallup $12 2020

Salary/contract league, all expiring contracts at EOY. Long term think the side getting Cooper clearly wins this. 

12 team .5 PPR Superflex

Gave Jonathan Taylor + Courtland Sutton

Got Saquon Barkley + Diontae Johnson

---

I drafted Taylor in the 2nd round of the startup this summer, and I'm still a fan (UW homer)... but, I decided I'm willing to take on the risk of Saquon producing like he did pre injury, compared to the odds that Taylor ever reaches same level. The other owner proposed this trade to me a few weeks ago, and I declined then. After seeing Taylor more, I'm ready to say that he doesn't look special at the NFL level. At least right now. So here's to a swift and full recovery for Saquon Barkley!    :banned:
Saquon side extremely easily for me. 

The only reason I would consider moving Saquon right now at his reduced value is to get someone that can help me this year, and in the leagues where I have JT I'm not even starting him at this point so he doesn't fit that bill.

Any thoughts on this one?
I might take Dak over Lamar straight up.  I guess if someone is contending this year getting Lamar helps now but no way I am giving up that kind of value on top of Dak to get that, personally.

Any thoughts on:

Will Fuller $3 2020

for 

Amari $22 2020

Gallup $12 2020

Salary/contract league, all expiring contracts at EOY. Long term think the side getting Cooper clearly wins this. 
Impossible to say without knowing the context of how expensive these contracts really are.  $500 cap, I'll take the Cooper side.  $100 cap I probably wouldn't want Cooper on my team at that price.

A couple in my PPR SuperFlex league just happened. Not involved in any of them.

Team A gave: Phillip Lindsay, Randall Cobb, 2022 1st, 2022 3rd.

Team B gave: Ryan Tannehill

The other trade...

Team C gave: Diontae Johnson, Tua Tagovailoa

Team D gave: Tyreek Hill, Jamaal Williams, Sony Michel, 2021 3rd.

12 Team w/IDP    Start QB RB RB WR WR WR TE FLEX FLEX LB LB DL DL DB DB IDP FLEX D/ST K (18 Total starters)  Bench is 16, plus 4 IR.   PPR, with big points for IDPs (3 per solo tackle, for example).  Stud LBs are valued extremely highly.   Short bench causes lots of talent to get dropped onto WW. 

This year we kept starters plus 4, next year we'll keep starters plus 8.   So, dynasty lite.   Currently in first place, leading in total points scored, and locked up playoff spot, with no bye week option. (8 teams make playoffs.)  Team looks very good, mostly dodged injury bug.

RBs - Kamara, Sanders, Taylor, Gurley, Gaskin, Dillon

WRs - ARobinson, Evans, JJefferson, Claypool, T Higgins, Cooks, Ruggs, MWilliams, Shenault, ABrown, Hardman

TE - Hockenson  (side note: there are 29 TEs rostered, and Gronk was picked late in the 1st round)

Gave Gurley, Antonio

Got Kittle

Was previously turned down by another owner on Patrick Queen for Gurley.  He countered, asking for Sanders.

If you're wondering how I ended up with so many rookies, the answer is trades, prioritizing rookie wrs during the draft (lots of good vets also available), ignoring IDPs (which is my weak spot now), and getting lucky at the WW.   I've had to cut Hamler and VJefferson just to free up vital bench slots.  Really really needed to free up a bench spot this week.

tl,dr  bolded it for you

lardonastick said:
12 team .5 PPR Superflex

Gave Jonathan Taylor + Courtland Sutton

Got Saquon Barkley + Diontae Johnson

---

I drafted Taylor in the 2nd round of the startup this summer, and I'm still a fan (UW homer)... but, I decided I'm willing to take on the risk of Saquon producing like he did pre injury, compared to the odds that Taylor ever reaches same level. The other owner proposed this trade to me a few weeks ago, and I declined then. After seeing Taylor more, I'm ready to say that he doesn't look special at the NFL level. At least right now. So here's to a swift and full recovery for Saquon Barkley!    :banned:
Nice work.  That’s a landslide in your favor.

That seems pretty cheap for Gurley.  Unless you're tanking for the season, I'd want Gurley/Green.
I’d say it’s pretty cheap for Mims. 

I don’t really understand this from the Green/Gurley perspective. It’s not really a win now move because Green isn’t helping you (and is worthless). I guess if you’re desperate for an RB2 to plug in, Gurley is useful? But I doubt he’s impacting your title aspirations. He’s also a rapidly depreciating asset. 

So you’re giving up a promising WR prospect with some alpha traits and some minor draft capital for....what exactly? I know the calculators will say Gurley is much more valuable than Mims but I doubt the market agrees and this time next year all the upside is with Mims. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I don’t really understand this from the Green/Gurley perspective. It’s not really a win now move because Green isn’t helping you (and is worthless). I guess if you’re desperate for an RB2 to plug in, Gurley is useful? But I doubt he’s impacting your title aspirations. He’s also a rapidly depreciating asset. 

So you’re giving up a promising WR prospect with some alpha traits and some minor draft capital for....what exactly? I know the calculators will say Gurley is much more valuable than Mims but I doubt the market agrees and this time next year all the upside is with Mims. 
Isn't Gurley RB6 right now? He's a lot lower than that in PPG, but half the guys in front of him have missed significant time.

Superflex

I gave up Hunter Henry for the other team's 2021 1st round pick.

We're both 6-3 with him being more of a contender than I am.

Still leaves me with Hockenson and Hurst at TE, so I felt good about it; he had Ertz and scrubs, so I'm sure HE felt good about it.

Win/Win.

Bit of context if it helps:

Team getting Gurley/AJG is all-in, traded all his 2021 picks away in the off-season, and has kept losing RB2s (Mack, David Johnson, Justin Jackson). Team is strong at QB/WR, and his RB1 is Dalvin Cook.

Team getting Mimz (me) is eyeing up a window of 2021-2023, and Gurley/AJG were the last aging assets left to trade away (along with Rodgers, Julio, MelvinG, etc over the last year).

I think Gurley is worth more in 2020 (almost undervalued at this point), but looking to 2021, I’d rather have Mimz to build around... especially if he ends up with Trevor Lawrence. It’s a dice roll, but I have the WR depth and picks to swing for the fence here and Gurley wasn’t getting ANY bites elsewhere. 

Superflex

I gave up Hunter Henry for the other team's 2021 1st round pick.

We're both 6-3 with him being more of a contender than I am.

Still leaves me with Hockenson and Hurst at TE, so I felt good about it; he had Ertz and scrubs, so I'm sure HE felt good about it.

Win/Win.
More like WIN/Win

guys is Kittle supposed to return this year or no? Got an offer to move 2 2nds next year for Kittle in a PPR dynasty league. Thoughts? Any 49er homers know the latest on his recovery? Man its worth the wait, accepted. 

Gave: 2 2nds (both should be 2.7-2.12 range) 

Got: Kittle 

Bit of context if it helps:

Team getting Gurley/AJG is all-in, traded all his 2021 picks away in the off-season, and has kept losing RB2s (Mack, David Johnson, Justin Jackson). Team is strong at QB/WR, and his RB1 is Dalvin Cook.

Team getting Mimz (me) is eyeing up a window of 2021-2023, and Gurley/AJG were the last aging assets left to trade away (along with Rodgers, Julio, MelvinG, etc over the last year).

I think Gurley is worth more in 2020 (almost undervalued at this point), but looking to 2021, I’d rather have Mimz to build around... especially if he ends up with Trevor Lawrence. It’s a dice roll, but I have the WR depth and picks to swing for the fence here and Gurley wasn’t getting ANY bites elsewhere. 
I think it's a good move for you.  Gurley is an expiring asset.  His value is mostly just td dependent,  and we know how fickle those are.  Plus getting rid of those guys can help your draft position. 

guys is Kittle supposed to return this year or no? Got an offer to move 2 2nds next year for Kittle in a PPR dynasty league. Thoughts? Any 49er homers know the latest on his recovery? Man its worth the wait, accepted. 

Gave: 2 2nds (both should be 2.7-2.12 range) 

Kittle's recovery time is unknown, but 8 weeks was offered up.   Don't plan on getting him back for FF purposes. 

Btw, that looks like a good trade for you.

I think it's a good move for you.  Gurley is an expiring asset.  His value is mostly just td dependent,  and we know how fickle those are.  Plus getting rid of those guys can help your draft position. 
I somewhat agree and think it's a decent deal.  But on the flipside, this is exactly what people said about Gurley last year, treating him like a 32 year old who was clearly only relevant for 2019 contenders and would never again be useful.  Yet here we are half way through 2020 and the dude is RB6 on the season.

TE Premium+ (2ppr for TE vs. 1ppr for everyone else)

Gave: Carson, Henderson, Fulgham

I'm giving up on this year after McCaffrey out again alongside Barkley, and still outside of playoff position.  My depth is completely destroyed now (Carson/Henderson were my RB3/4 and Fulgham my WR3) but I am a studs win championships kind of guy so couldn't pass up on Kittle here.

TE Premium+ (2ppr for TE vs. 1ppr for everyone else)

Gave: Carson, Henderson, Fulgham

I'm giving up on this year after McCaffrey out again alongside Barkley, and still outside of playoff position.  My depth is completely destroyed now (Carson/Henderson were my RB3/4 and Fulgham my WR3) but I am a studs win championships kind of guy so couldn't pass up on Kittle here.
2ppr for TE!  I have no idea why someone would part with Kittle for that package of meh.  Nice job.

I like the Kittle deal, too, though Henderson and Fulgham are just starting out and Kittle has been awfully banged-up the past two years. He was playing with an injured shoulder most of last year, if I'm not mistaken. This year it's been his knee and his foot. All the joints and impact places on his body already showing toll.

Huh. In one of my non-essential leagues, that is, a league I drafted in thinking I'd only draft but then they couldn't find anybody so I'm managing this year I just did this:

Gave: Lockett

Got: R. Anderson, Slayton, 2nd

It's a ten-team league, so the pick will be better than it seems. I can barely fill out an offensive lineup with my guys as it is. He's win-now, I'm 2-7 or something like that. I don't really even care.

I don't even know why I posted other than the thrill of actually getting a deal done, which is unlike my other league. 

Understand wanting to turn Barkley but just not too excited about anyone you landed. The possibility of regretting trading that first away next year at draft time is there. Who were you really pumped about adding?
Josh Allen. It is superflex my team was stacked everywhere except for QB2. Now I feel like my team is one of the top 2 teams for this run. *shrugs*

I somewhat agree and think it's a decent deal.  But on the flipside, this is exactly what people said about Gurley last year, treating him like a 32 year old who was clearly only relevant for 2019 contenders and would never again be useful.  Yet here we are half way through 2020 and the dude is RB6 on the season.
Yeah no arguing that he is getting points,  but it's basically from his TD count which is on an insane pace right now.  Does not seem sustainable to me.  And IMO he just does not look good right now.  Last 4 games he can't even average 3 yards per carry. 

Aaaaaand then I did this:

I gave Barkley, Lock, 2021 1st (early to mid)
I got Josh Allen, Hunt, Slayton
I'm not a fan of this, personally.  Granted I am a huge Barkley fan but this is a massive haul for Allen and in my experience in FFPC superflex leagues the non-Mahomes QBs don't go for nearly as much as in a typical SF league.  In my FFPC SF where I was a contender needing a QB2 I traded Wentz/Sutton/late 1st/2nd for Russ/Crowder in week 6.

Certainly possible Allen is a top 5 QB for a long time and it ends up working out but I am not that confident in him being a 10 year guy like some QBs.  Also that early/mid 1st is going to be a super premium pick in SF.

I'm not a fan of this, personally.  Granted I am a huge Barkley fan but this is a massive haul for Allen and in my experience in FFPC superflex leagues the non-Mahomes QBs don't go for nearly as much as in a typical SF league.  In my FFPC SF where I was a contender needing a QB2 I traded Wentz/Sutton/late 1st/2nd for Russ/Crowder in week 6.

Certainly possible Allen is a top 5 QB for a long time and it ends up working out but I am not that confident in him being a 10 year guy like some QBs.  Also that early/mid 1st is going to be a super premium pick in SF.
I think this must be the main disagreement. I definitely consider Allen an elite asset. I think the market definitely has him about even if not higher than Barkley in SF. In my experience in FFPC SF you can't pry an elite QB away from people. I don't need him to be a 10 year guy for this to work out for me even though I think outside of injury the Buffalo Bills won't be needing another QB for 10 years. 

I am definitely an Allen believer and I would never do a deal like this if I wasn't. But, I wouldn't expect anyone else to either so if you don't like Allen then that's fair enough.

Barkley? There is some considerable risk there in how he comes back. I think Allen will easily do as much for me at QB as Barkley *might* have been able to do at RB had I kept him. But I have other stud RBs. And WRs. 

The 1st? Well that was a tough part of the negotiation. I have another 1st and two 2nds and don't feel like I'll be left out of the rookie draft simply because I moved this one that is higher. That pick actually belongs to the guy that gave me Allen so theoretically his chances of winning the TB are slimmer. FFPC competes for the 1.01 as many know. When we eventually get to the offseason and face the cutdown to 16, I will have some very tradeable WRs and maybe a RB or two that can get me back higher in the 1st if I really feel the need. 

What I would feel left out of is not making a solid playoff run with this squad I've put together if I didn't make a move. 

I see it as basically Barkley for Allen, the 1st for Hunt and Lock for Slayton, which is probably the part that value wise is against me. But ironically if Barkley bounces back, Slayton might get a bounce too. I like Lock there though. 

Been seeing Zeke switching teams all over the place recently. This one that just went down in an FFPC Dyno was really thought provoking...

Gets

Zeke & T.Hill  (Currently 3rd in VP)

for

Swift & Metcalf  (Currently 5th in VP)

I guess it depends on how close you are to winning it all this year, but damn, if I wasn't a top 4'ish team I'd be tempted by the youth of Swift & Metcalf.

Disclaimer: I am not involved, just thought it was really interesting, I actually like it for both sides.

Not involved...Zealots PPR IDP

Team A gave: 2021 1st, KJ Hamler, Ryquell Armstead

Team B gave: Ezekiel Elliott

1qb non-ppr

Gave: Dak, 2021 1st (lateish)

Got: Herbert, 2021 2nd (early)

I'm not a top 2 team but am a top 5 team so I rolled the dice.  I'd been starting Cousins since Dak's injury. 

Been seeing Zeke switching teams all over the place recently. This one that just went down in an FFPC Dyno was really thought provoking...

Gets

Zeke & T.Hill  (Currently 3rd in VP)

for

Swift & Metcalf  (Currently 5th in VP)

I guess it depends on how close you are to winning it all this year, but damn, if I wasn't a top 4'ish team I'd be tempted by the youth of Swift & Metcalf.

Disclaimer: I am not involved, just thought it was really interesting, I actually like it for both sides.
Love this one for the owner getting Swift and Metcalf.  Perfect way to offload Zeke and get great value

Made the following deal Nov 5, 2020

Gave: Zeke and a 2022 2nd

Got: Swift and a 2021 1st (team is sitting in 2nd last right now and about to lose this week...)

Feel like I made this deal just in the nick of time!

12 Team full PPR 1 QB / 2 RB/2 WR/ 1 TE & 2 Flex         I am sitting at 3 - 7 and he is trying to make a run (QB is his weakest posit).

I gave up:  Josh Allen Buff QB 

I got:  Carson Wentz Phil QB, Parris Campbell Ind WR, 3rd Round 2021 (currently 3.05)

Very good point. I can get so caught up in trying to win now but you are right, to have that asset next year will be huge. 
I am in a rebuild and after Kittle's injury, one of the top contenders in that league (12 team PPR) offered me Kittle for Jonnu Smith straight up.

Snap accept and a couple owners in the league got upset as they thought it was too light for Kittle.  Me too!  

Hoping that move speeds up my rebuild a bit.

I am in a rebuild and after Kittle's injury, one of the top contenders in that league (12 team PPR) offered me Kittle for Jonnu Smith straight up.

Snap accept and a couple owners in the league got upset as they thought it was too light for Kittle.  Me too!  

Hoping that move speeds up my rebuild a bit.
*Every other dynasty owner ever:     "AAAAAAAH Why can't I ever get this lucky!"

12 Team full PPR 1 QB / 2 RB/2 WR/ 1 TE & 2 Flex         I am sitting at 3 - 7 and he is trying to make a run (QB is his weakest posit).

I gave up:  Josh Allen Buff QB 

I got:  Carson Wentz Phil QB, Parris Campbell Ind WR, 3rd Round 2021 (currently 3.05)
I'm sorry, I don't really like this trade.  If a contender is going to trade me and get significantly stronger at a position (I realize Allen is QB 4 and Wentz 14).  I want no less than a 2nd rounder if the throw-in includes Parris Campbell.  I realize people have different valuations of different players and I could be considered Anti-Wentz (injuries mainly), but I wouldn't want any part in his stock and I don't love having an abundance of 3rd or 4th rounders... I hope I am wrong in for you tho. 

Users who are viewing this thread