What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

12 team ppr

start Q/R/W/W/T/ WRT flex x4, 30 man rosters

Sent- Hyde, 1.01 (almost a lock to remain so), Robby Anderson

Received- Landry, 1.04 (likely to remain within the 3-5 range), Funch

Traded:

Larry Fitzgerald for a 2017 1st round pick (late).

Case Keenum for a 2017 5th round pick (mid-late)

Zach Miller for a 2017 2nd round pick (early-mid)

10 team non ppr

Team A Gets:Sammy Watkins, Laquon Treadwell

Team B Gets: Brandon Marshall and Jamaal Charles

Team A is in last place with lowest points. Team B is defending champ but currently in 5th (has a really good team though). 

I am involved with this one and am the side getting Watkins and Treadwell. Injury bug bit hard this year. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bell is one missed drug test away from getting the Josh Gordon treatment. The Shark Pool doesn't value this at all it seems
Because your statement is not true.

Bell did not advance is the drug suspension protocol.

If he were to fail/miss a test, it would be a 4 game ban.  Maybe less.

10 team non ppr

Team A is in last place with lowest points. Team B is defending champ but currently in 5th (has a really good team though). 

I am involved with this one and am the side getting Watkins and Treadwell. Injury bug bit hard this year. 
Great move for you

Bell is one missed drug test away from getting the Josh Gordon treatment. The Shark Pool doesn't value this at all it seems
No he isnt.  He is one infraction away from a 4 game suspension.  Then I believe a 10 game suspension.  Then Josh Gordon.

That is a fair trade. Especially if Team B is rebuilding. It also helps them get the #1 draft spot and add talent for next year.  That is a big plus.
Agree that it makes sense to move Bell if you are rebuilding.

Disagree that it makes sense to trade him for a move up from ~ 2.02 to ~1.14 + Matthews + a NFL 4th rd RB + a NFL 5th rd WR. 

Agree that it makes sense to move Bell if you are rebuilding.

Disagree that it makes sense to trade him for a move up from ~ 2.02 to ~1.14 + Matthews + a NFL 4th rd RB + a NFL 5th rd WR. 

Why does that make sense?  I dont get it.  He is 24 and is the best RB in football and is in one of the best situations in the league.  It makes no sense to move Bell if you are in any situation in my opinion, unless you get absolutely blown away with an offer.

Why does that make sense?  I dont get it.  He is 24 and is the best RB in football and is in one of the best situations in the league.  It makes no sense to move Bell if you are in any situation in my opinion, unless you get absolutely blown away with an offer.
Personal preference for me.  I dislike basing a rebuild around a RB.

Another deal in the same league as the rest I posted on this page (14 team PPR, flexible lineups).

My 4th trade in 24 hours, doing the old one day re-tool looking towards next year.

Gave: Hill

Got: Abdullah, late 2017 1st

So all my deals together today--

Gave: DT, Gio, Hill, Snead, Kerley, *Bo Scarborough, 2017 devy (mid)

Got: Keenan Allen, Diggs, Decker, Abdullah, late 2017 1st (devy weakened)

Managed to keep my core of Brady/Brees, Julio/Evans, Gronk and add these pieces. And have Martavis in the wings, maybe.

10 team non ppr

Sammy

That Bell trade was awful...  On the other hand, how sure can we be that he will get resigned? 
If he does not miss/fail anymore tests, he will be resigned to a contract with drug testing stipulations.

If he does miss/fail another test he will be resigned to a contract with even more drug testing stipulations.

Yes it is. I am sure the rest of the league will be mad at you, but so what. Nice move getting Watkins and Treadwell in your situation
Fortunate that my league owners "get it". The guys in contention probably won't be thrilled about it, but they will understand why the move was made.

I'm happy with the returns I got, but only time will tell if I got anything of value for my older guys.

spider321 said:
If he does not miss/fail anymore tests, he will be resigned to a contract with drug testing stipulations.

If he does miss/fail another test he will be resigned to a contract with even more drug testing stipulations.
But what if his agent says he can sign with a team that won't require contractual drug testing stipulations and will pay more?  Franchise tag?

Bell isn't leaving Pittsburgh.

What is this exercise?

If the moon was made outa' cheese, would ya eat it?
Why wouldn't he leave?  This is his one big contract he will get as an RB...  His agent will be stressing maximizing this opportunity financially over maximizing his fantasy numbers.   If he gets tagged he is still young enough for one big contract.  Sure,  I think he will be in Pitt long term too... but it's not 100%. 

On the other side of things,  Pittsburgh may know things that other teams do not and be less willing to invest long term than another team who doesn't have the same perspective. Bell has had some seemingly boneheaded off the field issues.

Why wouldn't he leave?  This is his one big contract he will get as an RB...  His agent will be stressing maximizing this opportunity financially over maximizing his fantasy numbers.   If he gets tagged he is still young enough for one big contract.  Sure,  I think he will be in Pitt long term too... but it's not 100%. 

On the other side of things,  Pittsburgh may know things that other teams do not and be less willing to invest long term than another team who doesn't have the same perspective. Bell has had some seemingly boneheaded off the field issues.
Yes, Le'Veon Bell could get struck by lightning tomorrow.

Yes, I may win Powerball.

Yes, it is possible a giant black hole opens and destroys space/time as we know it.

Gave: Sammy

Got: Dez, Crowell

Sammy is probably my most owned player throughout my dynasty teams. But I'm contending and need WR2+ production now. I think it's fine value as I expect another 4-5 years of good production from Dez.

2nd trade

start 2QB/2TE, ppr

Gave: Russ Wilson

Got: OBJ

This leaves me a bit thin at QB. I couldn't pass on OBJ, tho. I've been trying to buy OBJ anywhere I can the past couple weeks.

Yes, Le'Veon Bell could get struck by lightning tomorrow.

Yes, I may win Powerball.

Yes, it is possible a giant black hole opens and destroys space/time as we know it.
Or Le'veon could do something stupid like try to get more money form another team or get busted smoking up in a car and tell the cops he just smoked from the drivers seat.

Nothing like that has ever happened with Le'veon before so we know it's about as impossible as lightning strikes... 

kittenmittens said:
That Bell trade was awful...  On the other hand, how sure can we be that he will get resigned? 
While we never really know what will happen, I'm pretty sure if they can't (or don't want to) get a long term contract signed they will franchise him.

Deep PPR league.

Tyler Lockett and a 3rd 2017

Cameron Meredith, Matt Jones and a 4th 2017

Bell's next failed test is only a 4 game suspension.  Then 10.  Then a year.  We're a long way away from Soulfly territory still.

16 team ppr, start qrwwtffkd

Team A gave up: Booker, Devontae DEN RB;Matthews, Jordan PHI WR;Sharpe, Tajae TEN WR; Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A

Team B  gave up Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB;Williams, DeAngelo PIT RB; Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team B

Team A is competing.  Team B is easily in the running for the 1.01.

I understand many of the comments but I'm ok with the trade.  And would probably call it a toss up if the 2.1 wasn't included in the deal.  That's a lot of young assets to receive in a deal in a 16-team league.  DeAngelo has no meaningful value after this year and Bell's value could tank quickly with an injury or failed drug test (each of which has happened) so I like cashing out while you can.

They don't have to give him a huge deal.  They can FT him twice.  1 year at around $9M and the next, if clean, at around $10.5M.  That's not an obnoxious amount of short term cap to mitigate long term risk.  If he's clean two full years he's out of the drug program altogether and they can also assume he's "figured it out" as well.  The guy trading him away had a very safe assumption of at least 2 years in Pittsburgh.  It was awful, awful value to trade him for.

I understand many of the comments but I'm ok with the trade.  And would probably call it a toss up if the 2.1 wasn't included in the deal.  That's a lot of young assets to receive in a deal in a 16-team league.  DeAngelo has no meaningful value after this year and Bell's value could tank quickly with an injury or failed drug test (each of which has happened) so I like cashing out while you can.
I don't mind cashing out while you can.  But he didn't cash out, and I'm higher than most on Matthews.  He got a couple of dart throws and a WR with a future.  For arguably the #1 RB in FF.  That's awful return for him.  If this were a fantasy startup he's getting a 5th rounder, a couple of 12th rounders, and a pick with 12 round ADP value for a top 10 overall pick.  Go offer your 1.10 for a 5th and a few 12ths and see how many people break fingers trying to pound out the trade.

Basically giving players away?
What do you think Gore is worth? He's been mediocre the last two seasons and likely has 10 more games left in his career. Turbin isn't even worth a roster spot.

I'm in that league (not involved in the trade) and the guy trading for Gore is a perennial doormat because of deals like this.

He happens to be 3-2 right now so he probably thinks he can finally make a run - but his team isn't very good at all and will likely miss that playoffs and now have yet another old washed up player on his roster. His starting line-up will now be Dalton-D. Murray-Gore-Sproles-Crabtree-S. Smith-LaFell/Royal-Fleener. He did lose Peterson for the season, to be fair. The only reason he even has Murray on his roster (his one good player) is that he traded his future first round pick to get him after his huge season with Dallas, and that pick ended up tuning  into the 1.01. He's always trading picks for aging players and spinning his wheels.

What do you think Gore is worth? He's been mediocre the last two seasons and likely has 10 more games left in his career. Turbin isn't even worth a roster spot.

I'm in that league (not involved in the trade) and the guy trading for Gore is a perennial doormat because of deals like this.

He happens to be 3-2 right now so he probably thinks he can finally make a run - but his team isn't very good at all and will likely miss that playoffs and now have yet another old washed up player on his roster. His starting line-up will now be Dalton-D. Murray-Gore-Sproles-Crabtree-S. Smith-LaFell/Royal-Fleener. He did lose Peterson for the season, to be fair. The only reason he even has Murray on his roster (his one good player) is that he traded his future first round pick to get him after his huge season with Dallas, and that pick ended up tuning  into the 1.01. He's always trading picks for aging players and spinning his wheels.
Fair point...guess the other 9 owners in my league would never see it that way....they guy in our league with Gore would want a 2nd as a startable RB is so hard to find.  I wouldn't wanted to pay the fee to take Turbin....we charge $10 for each player or pick involoved in a trade.

Agree.  If I can trade players like that and stack up picks those can be traded away later to move up in the earlier rounds or for some FAAB cash I do that all day. 

Gave: Sammy

Got: Dez, Crowell

Sammy is probably my most owned player throughout my dynasty teams. But I'm contending and need WR2+ production now. I think it's fine value as I expect another 4-5 years of good production from Dez.

2nd trade

start 2QB/2TE, ppr

Gave: Russ Wilson

Got: OBJ

This leaves me a bit thin at QB. I couldn't pass on OBJ, tho. I've been trying to buy OBJ anywhere I can the past couple weeks.
I like both of these trades for you....

But looks like you need to change your profile picture since you dealt Sammy.

Pretty sure nobody is giving a 2nd for a RB that's not that impactful as is, and may have just 8-10 games left in his career.  Seems fair value if you have no use for Gore IMO.
Disagrees completely. Turbin is WW fodder but Gore is worth more than a 3 (which most here say has little or no value anyways---I tend to disagree) 2017 2 max, but I think most would agree gore and a 3 or 4 for a 2 is about right. He's pacing to a better season than last year and is top 15 ppr back right now. Has been extremely consistent and even if only 8 games left he's well worth it to a contender.

Having this context helps. That said I doubt he's a perennial dooormat due to trades like this (it's the Murray type trades that make him a doormat). No one is going bankrupt dealing away mid 2017 3's for vets that are still performing at a decent level. I'd wager there isn't anyone out there that wouldn't buy for a 2017 3 on the value alone yet very, very few would sell at that price. 

I do agree his roster is a disaster and that move really won't make much of a difference. I'm guessing his MFL power ranking is bottom 3 in the league along with no more than 19 all-play wins.

Disagrees completely. Turbin is WW fodder but Gore is worth more than a 3 (which most here say has little or no value anyways---I tend to disagree) 2017 2 max, but I think most would agree gore and a 3 or 4 for a 2 is about right. He's pacing to a better season than last year and is top 15 ppr back right now. Has been extremely consistent and even if only 8 games left he's well worth it to a contender.
Fair enough.  I can understand that stance.   Gore is 33 years old.  He's currently averaging 14ppg in ppr, with little upside beyond that.  The odds that Gore's 14ppg over whomever else you'd throw in your lineup making much difference over 8 more regular season fantasy games seems minimal.  Even more unlikely is that Gore is an advantage in your lineup in Week 14 (Texans) and he shouldn't see a contenders lineup in Week 15 (Vikings).  

Paying a 2nd for Gore is a poor dynasty move.  I'd agree it might be reasonable to give up a late 2nd for Gore and an early/mid 3rd, but I'd only do that if I were desperate to fill a hole.  There are plenty of busts in the 2nd, but it's also where gems are mined.  Giving those up for a 33 year old 14ppg players with likely less than 10 career games remaining is a long term losing strategy in dynasty.

12 team dynasty (large rosters).  Here is an example of a bad owner

Devante Parker and Jay Ajayi

for

Pick 6, pick 10, and Scott Chandler

I was not part of the deal, and would have blown picks 6 and 10 out of the water on a trade if I had any idea he was willing to deal those guys.  Note to fantasy owners, it helps to mention you are thinking about dealing a player or two on the message board.  This guy easily gets almost double this return if he does that.

I had picks 6 and 10 in a league and would have loved to get a haul like Parker/Ajayi.  Bad trade for the guy giving them up.

I have both Parker and Ajayi sitting on the end of my bench. There's no way I give them up that cheaply.

Tex

Yeah, makes no sense.  At all.  Most every other team in the league would have beat that deal for him.  I already told him I would have given picks 4,9,21 for sure. 

Boggles my mind.  Classic bad trade.  He gave those two players to the league's best team and winner of half the titles since the league started. 

I agree with the consensus in preferring Parker/Ajayi but can see the other side.

Reading these forums, Parker's stock has been inexplicably plummeting since the draft, and Ajayi has yet to prove he can carry a full load.  Let's presume 1.6 is Fuller/Shepard/Thomas...is it wildly out of line to prefer one of these to Parker?

1.10...your choice of the tier 2 rook RBs.  If someone is high on Dixon/Booker and scared off of Ajayi's knee and Miami's general offensive malaise I could see this.

They ought to have been able to get something useful on top rather than absorbing Chandler though.
Parker......sucking....Ajayi awful...where is the guy who said Ajayi would been the 2nd best back in this draft ?  

I am 1-4 and the guy I traded with is 4-1 right now.

Guess this trade wasn't so awful was it ?  

Sometimes people over value "current value" (I am one of them).  So the trades I make look "good" at the time but more often than not I have been on the wrong side of the trade a year later.

Who won this one, PPR dynasty 

Team A gets: Treadwell

Team B gets: D. Booker & Doug Martin 

Parker......sucking....Ajayi awful...where is the guy who said Ajayi would been the 2nd best back in this draft ?  

Sometimes people over value "current value" (I am one of them).  So the trades I make look "good" at the time but more often than not I have been on the wrong side of the trade a year later.
I think you're talking about me here, and if that's what you took away from it then all it does is show me that all you wanted to do was hard headedly defend yourself rather than have any kind of meaningful discussion about the trade.

My point was never that Ajayi would have been the 2nd best back in this draft.  All along it was that his value at the time was commensurate with the second RB being drafted in the rookie draft.  That is, his ADP in startups was about the same as Henry's and well ahead of any of the other rookie RBs.  Likewise Parker's was ahead of any of the rookie WRs.  Value-wise relative to the rookie crop at the time their consensus values were as the #1 WR and #2 RB.  The value they pulled back with picks 6 and 10 were basically the #5 WR and the #4 RB.

If I recall there were many paragraphs written on this, so if what you took from it was "omg Ajayi rocks he would be the 2nd best back in this draft I guarantee it" then that's on you.

Your point about current value vs. value a year later would be relevant if this were a trade that involved picks for an aging veteran who was a year away from a large natural drop in value based on his age.  But that wasn't the case here.  We were talking about 4 relative unknowns, two of which have seen a drop in value due to them underperforming (though you didn't mention who the picks ended up being, so maybe more than 2).  Looking at now vs. a year later in that circumstance is no different than saying Tyler Ervin for Corey Coleman is a fair trade because, who knows, maybe Coleman will play poorly and Tyler Ervin will rush for 1500 yards between now and then.

Bush league move Muto.  You know better than most anything can happen down the road but value is judged the moment the trade is made.  If you buy a house valued at 200k for 400k you made a terrible purchase.  If you later strike oil in the backyard and become a millionaire the purchase was still a horrible one, you just got lucky after the fact.

The trade was awful when it was made.  Someone would have given more for that for Parker at the time, and another 50% for Ajayi minimum.  Or are you going to come back here in a couple of years and tell us how bad those picks busted and apologize that yes, it was indeed a bad trade since the guys picked sucked?

Having this context helps. That said I doubt he's a perennial dooormat due to trades like this (it's the Murray type trades that make him a doormat). No one is going bankrupt dealing away mid 2017 3's for vets that are still performing at a decent level. I'd wager there isn't anyone out there that wouldn't buy for a 2017 3 on the value alone yet very, very few would sell at that price. 

I do agree his roster is a disaster and that move really won't make much of a difference. I'm guessing his MFL power ranking is bottom 3 in the league along with no more than 19 all-play wins.
Well you are reading my "trades like this" a little to literally. But even with that, that team was far better off keeping his third, than acquiring Gore. Wouldn't you agree? Thats my point and he often trades away his higher picks as well when he really shoudln't be.

I strongly disagree that Gore is worth a second, even if you get a third back. He's having a failrly good season but has zero upside and plenty of downside. It's hard to see him really helping any team enough to give up a shot at a good player in a strong draft class.

Selling for or buying for a third is perfectly fine under most circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread