What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

Parker......sucking....Ajayi awful...where is the guy who said Ajayi would been the 2nd best back in this draft ?  

I am 1-4 and the guy I traded with is 4-1 right now.

Guess this trade wasn't so awful was it ?  

Sometimes people over value "current value" (I am one of them).  So the trades I make look "good" at the time but more often than not I have been on the wrong side of the trade a year later.
I guess you shoulda traded with me then when I immediately offered you better than what you gave to get those guys.

The trade did not work out, but yes, it was very poor value for the other guy at the time.

Also, not like guys taken at 6 and 10 are lighting the world on fire either.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC Block buster today.

Gave up C Michael Sea RB and M Jones Det WR and future 2nd

for

David Johnson Arz RB and future 3rd

Couple depth moves in my 14 team league with Devy, graded Ppr (.75, 1, 1.25)

gave: D Washington Oak RB and Hood North Carolina RB 

got: D Walker Ten TE and Williams SD WR

gave: Ferguson Ind RB and my 2017 2nd (should make playoffs and watered down with Devy)

got: White NE RB

own Reed and Riddick so shored up depth

Team a gives 2017 1st (7-12) and Derrick Henry

Team b gives Mark Ingram

Cap concerns, Ingram is $30 of $100 cap so difficult to keep for more than another year without expense.  Henry as a rookie is $5 and will only be $10 next year.

14 team, 24 man in season rosters, non ppr, 6pt all tds, -3pt all turnovers.  

As you can imagine there are no qbs on the waiver wire whatsoever.

Lots of qb deals this week.

1) brees, arian foster, delanie walker

For 

Cj anderson, hoyer, tyler lockett

2) mark ingram for stafford

3) julian edelman and hoyer

For

Rivers and torrey smith

Start 2QB, 10 team PPR

(QQRRWWWW)

Gave: 

Dak Prescott

Got:

2017 (late) 1st

2017 (early) 2nd

Well you are reading my "trades like this" a little to literally. But even with that, that team was far better off keeping his third, than acquiring Gore. Wouldn't you agree? Thats my point and he often trades away his higher picks as well when he really shoudln't be.

I strongly disagree that Gore is worth a second, even if you get a third back. He's having a failrly good season but has zero upside and plenty of downside. It's hard to see him really helping any team enough to give up a shot at a good player in a strong draft class.

Selling for or buying for a third is perfectly fine under most circumstances.
Is this a best ball league? He has zero upside, based on what? He has hit 20 Fps in a game this year. Will he ever hit 30? Not likely but give me the 12-14 ppg guy vs a 8 or 25 ppg (boom bust) at RB2 even if just a one year rental. I'll wager if this guy falls out of contention (which you seem to have made up your mind he actually isn't even in right now even at 3-2) he can sell Gore to a contender that needs a year end/playoff rental for a late 2. 2017 3 for Gore is a steal under pretty much any circumstance.

2 in my league today. PPR. 

Michael Floyd 

for

2017 3rd

--------------------

AJ Green

for

Corey Coleman, '17 1st, & '18 1st

12 team non PPR:

A gives Sammie Coates

B gives DeVante Adams and a top three 3rd round pick in 2017

Both players will serve as depth and spot-starters.

Why do most of the worst trades posted in these threads every year seem to come from FFPC leagues? Don't you have to pay a big buy-in there? Seems like those owners would be some of the more serious among us. 

But I guess it could be the other way around--if you're going to pay a large buy-in for dynasty, you probably have a pretty big ego and belief in your ability to put together a great roster to begin with...leading to more trades against consensus value according to "gut" rankings.

Why do most of the worst trades posted in these threads every year seem to come from FFPC leagues? Don't you have to pay a big buy-in there? Seems like those owners would be some of the more serious among us. 

But I guess it could be the other way around--if you're going to pay a large buy-in for dynasty, you probably have a pretty big ego and belief in your ability to put together a great roster to begin with...leading to more trades against consensus value according to "gut" rankings.
For the same reason guys that shoot triple digits join 50k a year private country clubs.  Some people have too much money and are in it for the experience or to kill the time.  There's no sense of economical efficiency because it's coming out of their entertainment budget.

16 team ppr. Must star put 3 wr

gave 2017 1st(late. Team 5-1) and 4th

got Jordan matthews

replaces one of Steve smith, Torrey smith, Brett Perriman, Mohammad Sanu or Chris Conley. 

Also small deal

dan Bailey for Blair Walsh and 2017 5th

2 in my league today. PPR. 

Michael Floyd 

for

2017 3rd

--------------------

AJ Green

for

Corey Coleman, '17 1st, & '18 1st
The Floyd one is a steal.  You get basically a free draw for where he signs next year...

Green for Coleman and picks was a good deal.  I'd take the Coleman side with Green being 28 but good trade for both most likely.

12 team ppr QB-2RB-3WR-TE-FL

Team A: Carlos Hyde, Robert Woods, Chris Ivory

Team B: Kelvin Benjamin, Justin Hardy (immediately dropped)

12 Team PPR

Start QRRWWWT

Team A Trades:

Mike Evans

2017 1st (1.08 to 1.12 range)

Team B Trades:

Antonio Brown

Jordan Reed

2017 4th (mid range)

Team B always looking to acquire future picks and his team is competitive. Has Hunter Henry and Kelce also at TE

Team A also has a competitive team with Barnidge/Pitta as his TEs

12 Team PPR

Start QRRWWWT

Team A Trades:

Mike Evans

2017 1st (1.08 to 1.12 range)

Team B Trades:

Antonio Brown

Jordan Reed

2017 4th (mid range)

Team B always looking to acquire future picks and his team is competitive. Has Hunter Henry and Kelce also at TE

Team A also has a competitive team with Barnidge/Pitta as his TEs
Great trade for Team B.  This is the type of "rebuild preventing" trade that I always try to make.  Flip the established name value 27-28 yearold stud WRs for the up and coming 23-24 yearold WRs..

Team A gives Brandon Marshall and Mark Ingram

Team B gives Deandre Hopkins

Just saw that one go through but it happened Friday so before this week's games played.

QRWWTFFKDDDDDD 16Team PPR Auction/Contract league, max 14 contracts.

Team A gives: Kelce and DGB

Team B gives: Doug Martin and 2017 1st Round pick (pick extremely likely to be top 3, potentially 1.1)

Caveat - Team B does not receive Kelce until 2017 but DGB immediately.  Team A receives Martin immediately but the pick at the end of the season before draft.

Team B gives: Doug Martin and 2017 1st Round pick (pick extremely likely to be top 3, potentially 1.1)

Caveat - Team B does not receive Kelce until 2017 but DGB immediately.  Team A receives Martin immediately but the pick at the end of the season before draft.

top 3 pick is worth way more than both Kelce/DGB.  Getting Martin for free and then some.

12 team non PPR

Contender gives two 2017 1st rounders (one 3-6, other 6-10), and a 2nd (top 3)

Rebuild gives Mark Ingram, DeAndre Hopkins, 2017 3rd (top 3)

12 team graded PPR. Start QRRWWTFDK

Not super flex.

Trade happened last week.

Team A: Dak and V Cruz

Team B: 2017 1st and Blount

1st from Team B winless and last place by a couple games, submitted incomplete line up 3 of 5 weeks (and week 6). 

Team A is the commissioner and won't even put to vote, which is in the bylaws. Plus is being obstinate and "I don't have to rationalize a damned thing to you"

I know there is a faction of owners who say "he paid his dues, Team B can do what he wants". I disagree and pointed out the integrity of the league is lost and gave notice, along with another owner (so far).

Thoughts?

If the commissioner is ignoring the bylaws it's time to leave the league.  Next stop on that train is ignoring the results of a veto vote or changing lineups after submission deadline "because I was going to I just forgot".

Next step is to never play in a league with veto votes, because Owner B paid his dues and can do what he wants.

12 Team PPR and 1 PPT for every 10 carries (no fractions so 19=1 point)

I Gave: Watkins, Howard, Brate

I Got: Hopkins, Floyd, Eifert

Side Note: other deal I passed on (I was torn as I love Howard but deep enough at RB with Murray/Lacy/Gio/West)

Give: Watkins, Enunwa

Get: Hopkins, Tyreek Hill

Team I traded with is 1-5. I'm 3-3 and can now roll out Cobb, Green, Jeffery, Hopkins.

12 team graded PPR. Start QRRWWTFDK

Not super flex.

Trade happened last week.

Team A: Dak and V Cruz

Team B: 2017 1st and Blount

1st from Team B winless and last place by a couple games, submitted incomplete line up 3 of 5 weeks (and week 6). 

Team A is the commissioner and won't even put to vote, which is in the bylaws. Plus is being obstinate and "I don't have to rationalize a damned thing to you"

I know there is a faction of owners who say "he paid his dues, Team B can do what he wants". I disagree and pointed out the integrity of the league is lost and gave notice, along with another owner (so far).

Thoughts?
Pick

slackjawedyokel said:

Can't believe a league (or your commish) would allow this type of agreement.  So team A gets Martin (now) for just DGB, gets to use Kelce for the rest of the season and then gets a top 3 pick after the season is over when he's done using Kelce?  It's a bad trade as is, but no way Team A should be allowed to keep and use Kelce for the rest of the season.  

slackjawedyokel said:

Can't believe a league (or your commish) would allow this type of agreement.  So team A gets Martin (now) for just DGB, gets to use Kelce for the rest of the season and then gets a top 3 pick after the season is over when he's done using Kelce?  It's a bad trade as is, but no way Team A should be allowed to keep and use Kelce for the rest of the season.  
On first blush I didn't even see the delayed part.  On top of a horrible trade that delayed crap is collusion.  Trade needs to be disallowed and both owners need to be replaced immediately.  I'd leave a league over that and possibly go scorched earth on my way out.

Zealots Field (PPR) trade.

I have close to the best team in the league, the other owner has (by far) the worst.  (I'm the Patriots.)

New England Patriots gave up:
Edelman, Julian NEP WR
Royal, Eddie CHI WR
Henry, Hunter SDC TE

Kansas City Chiefs gave up:
Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from Kansas City Chiefs
Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick from New England Patriots

Edelman was my WR5 after ODB, AJ Green, Hopkins and Julio.  I will miss Henry, though.

Users who are viewing this thread