What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

jeaton6 said:
I'm high on White and Henry not so much Prosise. I like the deal obviously. But  if White hit his upside (which to me is top 10 WR) then that plus a top 2/3 TE is ballpark equal to Bell. Subbing names like Watkins/Eifert or Watkins/Kelce that are valued as top 10 WR and top 2/3 TE probably is pretty close to Bell on value. 
Which is why he said this deal is paying the price of each guy's upside as if they'd already hit it.

And let's not get caught in the trap of assuming this is just about Whtie and not Henry.  Henry is far from the first young TE that people have been excited about.  These guys actually develop into difference makers at what, a 10% rate?  5%?  For every Travis Kelce there are a dozen Zach Ertz and Kyle Rudolph.

Regardless, even at their upside, which is a major longshot that both of them hit it, I think I'd take Bell over Watkins/Eifert.

Last edited by a moderator:
jeaton6 said:
12 Team PPR: Loaded with young  guys had to consolidate. Would do this regardless of consolidation need.

Got: Bell Gave: Prosise, White, Hunter Henry, 2.4, 2.11

Past week in this league with two trades I've done the following net net:

Give: Howard/Prosise/White/Hunter Henry/1.4/1.11/2.4 

Got: Zeke/Bell
SVU

Which is why he said this deal is paying the price of each guy's upside as if they'd already hit it.

And let's not get caught in the trap of assuming this is just about Whtie and not Henry.  Henry is far from the first young TE that people have been excited about.  These guys actually develop into difference makers at what, a 10% rate?  5%?  For every Travis Kelce there are a dozen Zach Ertz and Kyle Rudolph.

Regardless, even at their upside, which is a major longshot that both of them hit it, I think I'd take Bell over Watkins/Eifert.
That's pretty much the summary.  Even IF they hit full potential it's just an ok trade at best.  And that IF is a huge massive one.  I hate that trade for the guy giving up Bell.

Then add Prosise and the picks in a deep draft and if they hit it's a big win for the other guy. Very unlikely and I'm not moving Bell for this but to each their own.

Like I said I like it for me but I've been here before with these types of trades and everyone and their mom views it as lopsided then after a year it all goes to hell. It doesn't always take as much as we assume here for the value to be completely turned upside down.

Tybeeman said:
Zealots PPR & return yardage is also included

Team 1 gave Tyreek Hill

Team 2 gave Hunter Henry
Hill side. In my league with return yardage Hill was WR #6. That is too much to give for for a possibly good TE. 

12 Team PPR with 12 Devys drafted annually, 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Def

Team A gave: Brandin Cooks and Tyreek Hill

Team B gave: Lamar Miller, Corey Coleman and Kevin White

I'd take the 1.09 for Dixon, I see competition for him coming in. Maybe he has freeman potential but I'm not holding my breath after  failing to beat out west.

Cooper doesn't have a lot to overcome to get snaps. Kenny Britt appears to be headed to fa, so he could slide up by default.

Last edited by a moderator:
1.09 seems like a good haul for Dixon.  That was about his ADP last year in a weaker class when people were higher on him.  Now he's had a somewhat disappointing rookie year and we're talking about a stronger class so I would expect he would be worth less than that in this year's class.

Pretty even but I'd take Thomas - he had an amazing rookie year and is 4 years younger.
My feelings summed up here, but I tend to slant towards youth. See the trade as pretty even however, point can be made Kelce has better chance of being #1 TE than Thomas being #1 WR and Kelce has more of a chance to more of a difference maker vs the TE field than Thomas. Throw in the picks which have some value and maybe even could be cobbled together to move up and all in all seems equitable to me.

My feelings summed up here, but I tend to slant towards youth. See the trade as pretty even however, point can be made Kelce has better chance of being #1 TE than Thomas being #1 WR and Kelce has more of a chance to more of a difference maker vs the TE field than Thomas. Throw in the picks which have some value and maybe even could be cobbled together to move up and all in all seems equitable to me.
Cmon guys, te premium Kelce wins all the way here. It's not like he's 33 and Thomas is 29, they both are still pretty young.  Who knows who will be throwing to Thomas in 4 years anyway. DT was a top 5 wr not long ago, take away the qb and he almost disappeared. Alex smith isn't great, but he's better than most who enter the league and under appreciated. 

In FFPC, I side with Kelce over Thomas, and I love Thomas. Kelce is a top 10 player in FFPC in my book with consistent 20 point weekly upside, just as Gronk is top 5. These guys win championships. 

I feel great about my off-season acquisitions of Kelce in the FFPC leagues I did not already own him. 

GAVE Corey Coleman, Will Fuller | GOT Travis Kelce

GAVE 1.4, Matt Ryan, Cameron Brate | GOT Travis Kelce, Maxx Williams, 2.10

GAVE 1.2, Matt Ryan, CJ Fied | GOT Travis Kelce, 1.9, 2.9

I don't own Kelce in 1/6 leagues as the other owner has him as top 10 player as I do and we can't make the math work. 

As much as you have to love a guy like Thomas after his terrific rookie season, there are still some risks. I go back to a deal I made after Nicks' rookie season, dealing Calvin Johnson for Nicks and Stone Cold Miles Austin. That deal lost me two years of championships!

As much as you have to love a guy like Thomas after his terrific rookie season, there are still some risks. I go back to a deal I made after Nicks' rookie season, dealing Calvin Johnson for Nicks and Stone Cold Miles Austin. That deal lost me two years of championships!
Brutal

Well no one would make the trade if you think he's Nicks....but Thomas's rookie season (92, 1137, 9) was more comparable to Odell Beckham (91, 1305, 12) than Hakeem Nicks (47, 790, 6).  I lost plenty on Josh Gordon after his rookie season also but I don't think Thomas is Nicks or Gordon. 

Cmon guys, te premium Kelce wins all the way here. It's not like he's 33 and Thomas is 29, they both are still pretty young.  Who knows who will be throwing to Thomas in 4 years anyway. DT was a top 5 wr not long ago, take away the qb and he almost disappeared. Alex smith isn't great, but he's better than most who enter the league and under appreciated. 
I love Kelce and might argue even argue he should be the first TE off the board with Gronk's injury concerns.  That said, Thomas production will negate the TE premium.  Four years in age is 4 years in age...do you trade Mike Evans for Antonio Brown?  Definitely, if you are looking at just a 2year window rather than the length of career - age is just one factor that sways a trade.  You're right in that it may be a concern for Thomas if Brees retires but all WRs are QB-dependent (good or bad) but he looks like a WR1 to me. Actually, I'm not a big Alex Smith fan but he probably elevates Kelce MORE than some better QBs because he rarely throws it long - killing Maclin etc.  

I love Kelce and might argue even argue he should be the first TE off the board with Gronk's injury concerns.  That said, Thomas production will negate the TE premium.  Four years in age is 4 years in age...do you trade Mike Evans for Antonio Brown?  Definitely, if you are looking at just a 2year window rather than the length of career - age is just one factor that sways a trade.  You're right in that it may be a concern for Thomas if Brees retires but all WRs are QB-dependent (good or bad) but he looks like a WR1 to me. Actually, I'm not a big Alex Smith fan but he probably elevates Kelce MORE than some better QBs because he rarely throws it long - killing Maclin etc.  
We also need to think about whether what we saw this year is the real Kelce or a function of the banged up Starting RBs (Charles/Ware) and WR1? Uptick in receptions by 13 and yards by 250. If he settles back into his 70/875 level of production along with his 4 TDs per year do we feel diffenrtly about this guy? More likely than not this happens then he's now an 85/1100 guy.

Also, while some may view him as safer than Gronk and even may draft him ahead of Gronk let's not pretend he is Gronk. Even if he can deliver 70/ypg like Gronk has done consistently over the past 5 years his pedestrian TD totals don't give him the positional advantage we've come to know and love about Gronk. That to me means while he may be TE2/3 he's far enough away from the top dog to make this a win for the Thomas side (even accounting for all the risk people seem to associate with Thomas regressing in year 2).

Zealots Field; non-PPR; IDPs; 53 man rosters.

Gave:

Alex Smith and Tim Hightower

Got:

2018 3rd and 5th round rookie picks

Also have Andrew Luck, Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson and Kirk Cousins at QB.

garlicduck said:
Fair trade - I'd take the picks with that roster though.
Works for me especially since I picked up both for 1 unit of free agency currency and never started either; likely would have never started either in the future.

12 team PPR Dynasty

Team A traded Tyreek Hill

to Team B for Crowder and Treadwell

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread