What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

12 team.

I also had/have Andrew Luck, Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson at QB.
Wait, you had Luck, Cousins, Wilson and Dak all in a 12 teamer?  You go with your bad self.  I thought I was a badarse with Luck and Rodgers in a 10 teamer. 

Yeah, in your shoes I'd be selling QBs for future 1s, good move.

How in the world is Hopkins value between the 3-4 rookie pick??  Progressed each yead into a monster year three, then a down year with a horrendous QB who is probably gone next year.  

Not to mention Hopkins passes the studly eye test in every way.
I think time will tell the tale of a guy who hit a career year in year 3 due to a perfect storm of factors (Hoyer played better than expected, tons of targets, high % of targets and stats during garbage time).

Don't look at year 3 as some sort of baseline or stat that has hope of ever repeating. 2015 was more aberration than baseline. 

I think time will tell the tale of a guy who hit a career year in year 3 due to a perfect storm of factors (Hoyer played better than expected, tons of targets, high % of targets and stats during garbage time).

Don't look at year 3 as some sort of baseline or stat that has hope of ever repeating. 2015 was more aberration than baseline. 
I am looking at how he played.  The dude is a legit stud WR. To me that is a much better indicator of future success than past years stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
All good talking points.  Maybe "gross" was a bit overdramatic. 

That said, I've rarely if ever seen championship teams make trades like this.  I'd love for the OP to post the roster of the team acquiring Cousins.  I'd wager that it's closer to non-playoff team than it is to playoff team for 2017. 

Cousins,Kirk

WAS

QB

Flacco,Joe

BAL

QB

Foles,Nick

KCC

QB

Hoyer,Brian

CHI

QB

Kessler,Cody

CLE

QB

Sanchez,Mark

DAL

QB

Hill,Jeremy

CIN

RB

Langford,Jeremy

CHI

RB

Lasco,Daniel

NOS

RB

Martin,Doug

TBB

RB

McKinnon,Jerick

MIN

RB

Miller,Lamar

HOU

RB

Sims,Charles

TBB

RB

Smallwood,Wendell

PHI

RB

Williams,Karlos

PIT

RB

Baldwin,Doug

SEA

WR

Carroo,Leonte

MIA

WR

Decker,Eric

NYJ

WR

Doctson,Josh

WAS

WR

Floyd,Michael

NEP

WR

Funchess,Devin

CAR

WR

Jackson,Vincent

TBB

WR

Jeffery,Alshon

CHI

WR

Montgomery,Ty

GBP

WR

Robinson,Allen

JAC

WR

Wheaton,Markus

PIT

WR

Wilson,Albert

KCC

WR

DeValve,Seth

CLE

TE

Pruitt,MyCole

CHI

TE

Uzomah,C.J.

CIN

TE

Walker,Delanie

TEN

TE

Wait, you had Luck, Cousins, Wilson and Dak all in a 12 teamer?  You go with your bad self.  I thought I was a badarse with Luck and Rodgers in a 10 teamer. 

Yeah, in your shoes I'd be selling QBs for future 1s, good move.
Yup...and Alex Smith who I just sold (with Tim Hightower) for 2018 3rd and 5th round picks (should be high).  Never would have started either Smith or Hightower and picked up both for 1 unit of FA currency.

How in the world is Hopkins value between the 3-4 rookie pick??  Progressed each yead into a monster year three, then a down year with a horrendous QB who is probably gone next year.  

Not to mention Hopkins passes the studly eye test in every way.

He had bad QB's previously but regressed  and I felt struggled to separate. Does not pass studly eye test to me in every way. Does not run fast, is not much a YAC threat.

Maybe the heavily targeted monster year three was the anomaly which was especially aided by the team trailing more in 2015. Even that season his fantasy points per target of 1.71 is not studly nor his career fantasy points per target of 1.61 very studly especially when comped to WR's I view as studs who have career fantasy point per targets like Brown(1.81), Julio (1.88), Odell(1.94) and even after two down seasons Dez at 1.96. Those numbers suggest more of a good WR who cashed on huge usage to put up stud stats.(all fantasy stats based only on receiving game, not rushing/passing/)

This goes back to that conversation from another thread, when is a proven stud no longer a proven stud? You fall under camp of putting issue with Osweiler, I don't. Sanders and DT did better than him with Osweiler the year before. People were even making a big deal when Savage took over that he had brought him back to relevance but I think Hopkins had like 8 catches and 84 yards on 16 targets from Savage, something like that and nothing to get excited about. I think he'd do better with an actual good QB for sure, just don't see that as reason for his regression and most of all can't count on him getting a better QB. I think more likely the other WR's on that team evolve and start cutting into his target share.  I think Hopkins early on benefited from playing second banana to Andre and benefited in 2015 from a monster target load that made him appear more like a stud but than solid NFL#1 WR he is. A good WR, not a stud.

He had bad QB's previously
I agree with everything you said except I gotta nitpick this statement. I don't think Fitzpatrick and Hoyer are great QBs, but they had QBR over 90 in 2014 and 2015. So they may not be world beaters, but Hopkins actually had better than average QB play during those two years, making it all the more ridiculous that Hopkins fanboys wanted to claim he was "QB-proof" after those two years. I maintain that Hopkins = Crabtree and that's actually high praise. What it isn't, though, is a stud WR rating. Hopkins should not be a top 10 startup pick.

12 team, start Q/R/WWW/T/ + 2 flex, PPR for WR/TE, .5 PPR for RB

I traded pick 9 and D.Green-Beckham for Rawls, pick 20, and a few blind bidding bucks (7% of yearly dole)

I'm down on DGB, and my opinion of Rawls actually went up watching him a few times this year. His #s were terrible vs Rams and Cards, pretty good against the rest overall, despite a bad O line. I think Seattle addresses O line. Rawls is still young, 24 in August.

I don't like DGB and I think Prosise overtakes Rawls as starting RB in Seattle...so to me, the 1.09 is the most valuable piece in the trade. 

I'm the opposite this early--don't see a reason to throw away another lottery ticket this early on for a four spot bump in the 3rd round...with no ideas about where the tiers will be I'd want both those picks in my back pocket to use for a bigger trade up later if necessary. 

Really depends on settings. If your roster is already full and you're going to throw away that 4th round pick anyway, might as well move up. If you get to taxi them for free then sure, the more (picks) the merrier. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Really depends on settings. If your roster is already full and you're going to throw away that 4th round pick anyway, might as well move up. If you get to taxi them for free then sure, the more (picks) the merrier. 
I agree with this with one caveat.  I can't tell you how often I see a bad team with a ton of roster/taxi space draft guys and just sit on them.  Because they're bad they aren't making tough choices like "should I drop Tyreek Hill or this other guy" so they end up lucking into Tyreek Hill.  "Good" owners with tough roster choices are going to have these hard choices come final cut time, and some of those are going to be wrong decisions.  In many cases I would rather grab a ton of late fliers, hold them all until September, and cut them all at that point.  I know none of those terrible owners are going to pick them up, and this at least gives me a fighting chance at them when they do start to show a potential breakout. 

I have 1.2, 1.7, 2.2, 2.3, 2.11, and now 3.3. Needed to consolidate as I don't have the space to roster all of them. Made offers for 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. 

garlicduck said:
I'll take the 3.3.  I'm a big believer in moving down in the later rounds - odds are you don't keep the 4th round pick anyway.
I'd have waited because I can't set my board on where cutoff on tiers would be until after the NFL draft, so don't want to give picks away I might be able to use for something else.

I understand this team has a lot of picks to work with but I think that strengthens their trade position during the draft. If roster space was an issue I'd think you could flip that 4th for a third in 2018 if nothing else.

I recall an FFPC league last year where team 1.12 was OTC. I gave 4.5 and a future third to move from 2.5 to 1.12. Granted I gave more in that trade to move up but massive difference between moving up into late first versus moving up in middle third, at least when it's not player specific move up which it can't be right now.

I fall under the philosophy on holding my assets until I need them to use.

I'd have waited because I can't set my board on where cutoff on tiers would be until after the NFL draft, so don't want to give picks away I might be able to use for something else.

I understand this team has a lot of picks to work with but I think that strengthens their trade position during the draft. If roster space was an issue I'd think you could flip that 4th for a third in 2018 if nothing else.

I recall an FFPC league last year where team 1.12 was OTC. I gave 4.5 and a future third to move from 2.5 to 1.12. Granted I gave more in that trade to move up but massive difference between moving up into late first versus moving up in middle third, at least when it's not player specific move up which it can't be right now.

I fall under the philosophy on holding my assets until I need them to use.
You make a good point. My current philosophy here was twofold- consolidate picks for space and to try to make those later picks into an earlier pick in a talented class. I ideally will end up with another first, which may be more expensive the later in the year we get. I have a young team with about 5 roster spots to utilize and I'd like to get as premium a player as I can. Sure, you can just flip your 4th for a 3rd, but there isn't always a trade partner available. I feel like if your trying to acquire draft picks or move up now is the time, they just get more and more expensive.

I agree with this with one caveat.  I can't tell you how often I see a bad team with a ton of roster/taxi space draft guys and just sit on them.  Because they're bad they aren't making tough choices like "should I drop Tyreek Hill or this other guy" so they end up lucking into Tyreek Hill.  "Good" owners with tough roster choices are going to have these hard choices come final cut time, and some of those are going to be wrong decisions.  In many cases I would rather grab a ton of late fliers, hold them all until September, and cut them all at that point.  I know none of those terrible owners are going to pick them up, and this at least gives me a fighting chance at them when they do start to show a potential breakout. 
Hah, yeah, I agree and have seen that happen. But for the most part, there are probably enough good/decent owners that are going to pick up the best of the ~4 guys you had to drop. Personally I'd rather trade away my late draft picks for known commodities coming off down years. I'd rather have Allen Hurns than one shot in the dark + one guy I'm probably going to cut.

:confused:  You'd take 1.12 for a top 3 dynasty TE??
Eifert got 98 points last year - TE # 25 in my league...  Green has as much potential/situation if he can stay on the field.  Plus, there are a bunch of stud TE in the draft this year that I can get at 1.12. - OJ Howard might even be there at 12.

Eifert got 98 points last year - TE # 25 in my league...  Green has as much potential/situation if he can stay on the field.  Plus, there are a bunch of stud TE in the draft this year that I can get at 1.12. - OJ Howard might even be there at 12.
:rolleyes:

Yes, dynasty rankings are based only on the previous year's stats regardless if they were hampered by injuries. Go forth and get trade r***d!

:rolleyes:

Yes, dynasty rankings are based only on the previous year's stats regardless if they were hampered by injuries. Go forth and get trade r***d!
Eifert's been in the league for 4 years and finished in the top-10 once (#6 in 2015) and outside the top 24 three times.  Jared Cook would tease every year also.  I doubt Eifert has ever won someone a title.  Give me Green and Howard/Engram any day.

He's had one good year in four.
Last I checked, dynasty rankings are based on the future ;)

I think we both know that rookie TEs are not expected to produce and we both realize that a broken elbow in week 1 of his 2nd year is just bad luck. As for his 4th year, waiting really late in the game to get his pro bowl ankle injury worked on is just straight up baffling, but I'm still not going to condone the blanket statement of "he's had one good year in four" when there were obvious extenuating circumstances. When he's healthy, he's a proven stud. Anyone who denies that is crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread