Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

All good talking points.  Maybe "gross" was a bit overdramatic. 

That said, I've rarely if ever seen championship teams make trades like this.  I'd love for the OP to post the roster of the team acquiring Cousins.  I'd wager that it's closer to non-playoff team than it is to playoff team for 2017. 

1 hour ago, matttyl said:

Size of league?  Top end QBs become more valuable the larger the league.  I'm in a 10 team league, start 1 QB and QBs are pretty easy to come by (which devalues them). 

Now personally I wouldn't trade a future 1st for a QB (I have Rodgers), but if Rodgers up and retires this offseason and my only options for that very important position are the rookies or the guys who are still free agents (amazingly, Romo still is) I might consider moving a future 1st to shore up that hole.

12 team.

I also had/have Andrew Luck, Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson at QB.

4 hours ago, menobrown said:

I'd slate Hopkins value in between pick 3 and 4 so Hyde would not need to do a lot for this trade to work for me.

How in the world is Hopkins value between the 3-4 rookie pick??  Progressed each yead into a monster year three, then a down year with a horrendous QB who is probably gone next year.  

Not to mention Hopkins passes the studly eye test in every way.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Spike said:

12 team.

I also had/have Andrew Luck, Dak Prescott and Russell Wilson at QB.

Wait, you had Luck, Cousins, Wilson and Dak all in a 12 teamer?  You go with your bad self.  I thought I was a badarse with Luck and Rodgers in a 10 teamer. 

Yeah, in your shoes I'd be selling QBs for future 1s, good move.

16 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

How in the world is Hopkins value between the 3-4 rookie pick??  Progressed each yead into a monster year three, then a down year with a horrendous QB who is probably gone next year.  

I think time will tell the tale of a guy who hit a career year in year 3 due to a perfect storm of factors (Hoyer played better than expected, tons of targets, high % of targets and stats during garbage time).

Don't look at year 3 as some sort of baseline or stat that has hope of ever repeating. 2015 was more aberration than baseline. 

7 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

I think time will tell the tale of a guy who hit a career year in year 3 due to a perfect storm of factors (Hoyer played better than expected, tons of targets, high % of targets and stats during garbage time).

Don't look at year 3 as some sort of baseline or stat that has hope of ever repeating. 2015 was more aberration than baseline. 

I am looking at how he played.  The dude is a legit stud WR. To me that is a much better indicator of future success than past years stats.

Edited by ghostguy123

Just now, ghostguy123 said:

I am looking at how he played.  The dude is a legit stud WR.

He's a young Crabtree, which is to say very good, but how you define stud is up to you.

1 hour ago, SayWhat? said:

All good talking points.  Maybe "gross" was a bit overdramatic. 

That said, I've rarely if ever seen championship teams make trades like this.  I'd love for the OP to post the roster of the team acquiring Cousins.  I'd wager that it's closer to non-playoff team than it is to playoff team for 2017. 

Cousins,Kirk WAS QB
Flacco,Joe BAL QB
Foles,Nick KCC QB
Hoyer,Brian CHI QB
Kessler,Cody CLE QB
Sanchez,Mark DAL QB
Hill,Jeremy CIN RB

Langford,Jeremy CHI RB
Lasco,Daniel NOS RB
Martin,Doug TBB RB
McKinnon,Jerick MIN RB
Miller,Lamar HOU RB
Sims,Charles TBB RB
Smallwood,Wendell PHI RB
Williams,Karlos PIT RB

Baldwin,Doug SEA WR
Carroo,Leonte MIA WR
Decker,Eric NYJ WR
Doctson,Josh WAS WR
Floyd,Michael NEP WR
Funchess,Devin CAR WR
Jackson,Vincent TBB WR
Jeffery,Alshon CHI WR
Montgomery,Ty GBP WR
Robinson,Allen JAC WR
Wheaton,Markus PIT WR
Wilson,Albert KCC WR

DeValve,Seth CLE TE
Pruitt,MyCole CHI TE
Uzomah,C.J. CIN TE
Walker,Delanie TEN TE

15 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Wait, you had Luck, Cousins, Wilson and Dak all in a 12 teamer?  You go with your bad self.  I thought I was a badarse with Luck and Rodgers in a 10 teamer. 

Yeah, in your shoes I'd be selling QBs for future 1s, good move.

Yup...and Alex Smith who I just sold (with Tim Hightower) for 2018 3rd and 5th round picks (should be high).  Never would have started either Smith or Hightower and picked up both for 1 unit of FA currency.

12 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

He had bad QB's previously but regressed  and I felt struggled to separate. Does not pass studly eye test to me in every way. Does not run fast, is not much a YAC threat.

Maybe the heavily targeted monster year three was the anomaly which was especially aided by the team trailing more in 2015. Even that season his fantasy points per target of 1.71 is not studly nor his career fantasy points per target of 1.61 very studly especially when comped to WR's I view as studs who have career fantasy point per targets like Brown(1.81), Julio (1.88), Odell(1.94) and even after two down seasons Dez at 1.96. Those numbers suggest more of a good WR who cashed on huge usage to put up stud stats.(all fantasy stats based only on receiving game, not rushing/passing/)

This goes back to that conversation from another thread, when is a proven stud no longer a proven stud? You fall under camp of putting issue with Osweiler, I don't. Sanders and DT did better than him with Osweiler the year before. People were even making a big deal when Savage took over that he had brought him back to relevance but I think Hopkins had like 8 catches and 84 yards on 16 targets from Savage, something like that and nothing to get excited about. I think he'd do better with an actual good QB for sure, just don't see that as reason for his regression and most of all can't count on him getting a better QB. I think more likely the other WR's on that team evolve and start cutting into his target share.  I think Hopkins early on benefited from playing second banana to Andre and benefited in 2015 from a monster target load that made him appear more like a stud but than solid NFL#1 WR he is. A good WR, not a stud.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Apparently i need to go shopping for Hopkins in my leagues

He is not being sold cheap in my leagues either. He is still being valued as a top 10 startup pick right now, exactly  how he should be valued 

41 minutes ago, One More Rep said:

He is not being sold cheap in my leagues either. He is still being valued as a top 10 startup pick right now, exactly  how he should be valued 

I wouldn't call Hyde and 1.4 cheap, but to each their own. I also wouldn't have NUK top 10 in startups, but again, to each their own.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Apparently i need to go shopping for Hopkins in my leagues

Different in every league. Guy in my league wants the 1.01 plus another later 1st 1.14-1.16 range.

1 hour ago, fruity pebbles said:

Different in every league. Guy in my league wants the 1.01 plus another later 1st 1.14-1.16 range.

Cant blame him.  

14 team PPR Devy league

Gave: 

Big Ben, Sterling Shepard, 3.14

Got:

Cam, Edelman 

Edited by ConnSKINS26

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

14 team PPR Devy league

Gave: 

Big Ben, Sterling Shepard, 3.14

Got:

Cam, Edelman 

I'll take the Cam/Edelman side.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, menobrown said:

He had bad QB's previously

I agree with everything you said except I gotta nitpick this statement. I don't think Fitzpatrick and Hoyer are great QBs, but they had QBR over 90 in 2014 and 2015. So they may not be world beaters, but Hopkins actually had better than average QB play during those two years, making it all the more ridiculous that Hopkins fanboys wanted to claim he was "QB-proof" after those two years. I maintain that Hopkins = Crabtree and that's actually high praise. What it isn't, though, is a stud WR rating. Hopkins should not be a top 10 startup pick.

• Like 1

12 team, start Q/R/WWW/T/ + 2 flex, PPR for WR/TE, .5 PPR for RB

I traded pick 9 and D.Green-Beckham for Rawls, pick 20, and a few blind bidding bucks (7% of yearly dole)

I'm down on DGB, and my opinion of Rawls actually went up watching him a few times this year. His #s were terrible vs Rams and Cards, pretty good against the rest overall, despite a bad O line. I think Seattle addresses O line. Rawls is still young, 24 in August.

I don't like DGB and I think Prosise overtakes Rawls as starting RB in Seattle...so to me, the 1.09 is the most valuable piece in the trade. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snorkelson said:

3.7/4.2 for 3.3. My first trade of the offseason?

I'll take the 3.3.  I'm a big believer in moving down in the later rounds - odds are you don't keep the 4th round pick anyway.

I'm the opposite this early--don't see a reason to throw away another lottery ticket this early on for a four spot bump in the 3rd round...with no ideas about where the tiers will be I'd want both those picks in my back pocket to use for a bigger trade up later if necessary. 

Really depends on settings. If your roster is already full and you're going to throw away that 4th round pick anyway, might as well move up. If you get to taxi them for free then sure, the more (picks) the merrier. 

Edited by FF Ninja

1 minute ago, aaj1997 said:

12 team PPR

1.12 and Ladarius Green

for

Tyler Eifert

Eifert by a lot

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Really depends on settings. If your roster is already full and you're going to throw away that 4th round pick anyway, might as well move up. If you get to taxi them for free then sure, the more (picks) the merrier. 

I agree with this with one caveat.  I can't tell you how often I see a bad team with a ton of roster/taxi space draft guys and just sit on them.  Because they're bad they aren't making tough choices like "should I drop Tyreek Hill or this other guy" so they end up lucking into Tyreek Hill.  "Good" owners with tough roster choices are going to have these hard choices come final cut time, and some of those are going to be wrong decisions.  In many cases I would rather grab a ton of late fliers, hold them all until September, and cut them all at that point.  I know none of those terrible owners are going to pick them up, and this at least gives me a fighting chance at them when they do start to show a potential breakout. 

15 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:
16 minutes ago, aaj1997 said:

12 team PPR

1.12 and Ladarius Green

for

Tyler Eifert

Eifert by a lot

Wow that's awful

I have 1.2, 1.7, 2.2, 2.3, 2.11, and now 3.3. Needed to consolidate as I don't have the space to roster all of them. Made offers for 3.1, 3.2, 3.3. 

1 hour ago, garlicduck said:

I'll take the 3.3.  I'm a big believer in moving down in the later rounds - odds are you don't keep the 4th round pick anyway.

I'd have waited because I can't set my board on where cutoff on tiers would be until after the NFL draft, so don't want to give picks away I might be able to use for something else.

I understand this team has a lot of picks to work with but I think that strengthens their trade position during the draft. If roster space was an issue I'd think you could flip that 4th for a third in 2018 if nothing else.

I recall an FFPC league last year where team 1.12 was OTC. I gave 4.5 and a future third to move from 2.5 to 1.12. Granted I gave more in that trade to move up but massive difference between moving up into late first versus moving up in middle third, at least when it's not player specific move up which it can't be right now.

I fall under the philosophy on holding my assets until I need them to use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

I'd have waited because I can't set my board on where cutoff on tiers would be until after the NFL draft, so don't want to give picks away I might be able to use for something else.

I understand this team has a lot of picks to work with but I think that strengthens their trade position during the draft. If roster space was an issue I'd think you could flip that 4th for a third in 2018 if nothing else.

I recall an FFPC league last year where team 1.12 was OTC. I gave 4.5 and a future third to move from 2.5 to 1.12. Granted I gave more in that trade to move up but massive difference between moving up into late first versus moving up in middle third, at least when it's not player specific move up which it can't be right now.

I fall under the philosophy on holding my assets until I need them to use.

You make a good point. My current philosophy here was twofold- consolidate picks for space and to try to make those later picks into an earlier pick in a talented class. I ideally will end up with another first, which may be more expensive the later in the year we get. I have a young team with about 5 roster spots to utilize and I'd like to get as premium a player as I can. Sure, you can just flip your 4th for a 3rd, but there isn't always a trade partner available. I feel like if your trying to acquire draft picks or move up now is the time, they just get more and more expensive.

2 hours ago, aaj1997 said:

12 team PPR

1.12 and Ladarius Green

for

Tyler Eifert

In an FFPC league that is TE premium (1.5 ppr)....

Eifert/Smallwood was moved yesterday for A. Hooper/2018 3rd.

12 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

In an FFPC league that is TE premium (1.5 ppr)....

Eifert/Smallwood was moved yesterday for A. Hooper/2018 3rd.

Yeesh!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aaj1997 said:

12 team PPR

1.12 and Ladarius Green

for

Tyler Eifert

I like the Eifert side. Green has talent, but injuries have really kept him from realizing the talent on the field.

6 minutes ago, Tybeeman said:

I like the Eifert side. Green has talent, but injuries have really kept him from realizing the talent on the field.

You could say a similar thing about Eifert.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hankmoody said:

I agree with this with one caveat.  I can't tell you how often I see a bad team with a ton of roster/taxi space draft guys and just sit on them.  Because they're bad they aren't making tough choices like "should I drop Tyreek Hill or this other guy" so they end up lucking into Tyreek Hill.  "Good" owners with tough roster choices are going to have these hard choices come final cut time, and some of those are going to be wrong decisions.  In many cases I would rather grab a ton of late fliers, hold them all until September, and cut them all at that point.  I know none of those terrible owners are going to pick them up, and this at least gives me a fighting chance at them when they do start to show a potential breakout. 

Hah, yeah, I agree and have seen that happen. But for the most part, there are probably enough good/decent owners that are going to pick up the best of the ~4 guys you had to drop. Personally I'd rather trade away my late draft picks for known commodities coming off down years. I'd rather have Allen Hurns than one shot in the dark + one guy I'm probably going to cut.

12 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Agreed Eifert has been hurt often, but when he's on the field I think he's shown more than Green has. At least IMO.

Edited by Tybeeman

11 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

At least Eifert has been able to showcase that talent long enough that we know he's definitely good. Green is still in the "we'll never know what he'd do healthy" category.

1 hour ago, FF Ninja said:

At least Eifert has been able to showcase that talent long enough that we know he's definitely good. Green is still in the "we'll never know what he'd do healthy" category.

I think I'll take the 1.12 and if Green ever gives me anything - bonus!

Just now, garlicduck said:

I think I'll take the 1.12 and if Green ever gives me anything - bonus!

:confused: You'd take 1.12 for a top 3 dynasty TE??

7 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

And that's how these trades come about

Edited by pizzatyme

2 minutes ago, FF Ninja said:

Eifert got 98 points last year - TE # 25 in my league...  Green has as much potential/situation if he can stay on the field.  Plus, there are a bunch of stud TE in the draft this year that I can get at 1.12. - OJ Howard might even be there at 12.

17 minutes ago, garlicduck said:

Eifert got 98 points last year - TE # 25 in my league...  Green has as much potential/situation if he can stay on the field.  Plus, there are a bunch of stud TE in the draft this year that I can get at 1.12. - OJ Howard might even be there at 12.

:rolleyes:

Yes, dynasty rankings are based only on the previous year's stats regardless if they were hampered by injuries. Go forth and get trade r***d!