What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (11 Viewers)

Good timing.  I joined the Landry club this morning.  Calculated overpay.  The first will likely be in the 1.03-1.07 range.  The 2nd is late.  

12 Tm standard PPR.  

Gave: 2018 1st, 2018 2nd, Mariota

Got: Landry

32 Counter Pass said:
Damn, I doubt I could get a late 2 for AP in my league
It looks like AP was had for free in this deal to be honest. In fact it's like the other team was actually paid to take him.

I have the 1.02 in one league from a trade last offseason - I would not move it for 1.06, 2.02, and Crowell.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Concept Coop said:
GTS.  Shepard:  February 10, 1993 (age 24 years) Landry: November 28, 1992 (age 24 years),

Landry's value is not tied to Tannehill.  He's a target monster because he's consistently able to present quality targets at the first level--much like Brandon Marshall.   The Dolphins were 26th in targets and he still commanded 131.  His targets are fine.  This with the offensive line destroyed by injuries and Matt Moore playing a quarter of the season.  They weren't dipping so much as coming back down to earth after averaging 11+ over the first quarter of the season.  He had 14 targets in the wildcard game, btw.

Sterling Shepard is more dynamic than Jarvis Landry?!  For real?  Jarvis Landry is one of the more dynamic receivers in the league with the ball in his hand.  40 time isn't everything. 
Sorry, I foolishly relied upon FBG for Shepard's birthday. If you look, I fessed up to this mistake later in the thread, too.

The offensive line is part of the reason Tannehill checks down to Landry all the time, not at all a reason for optimism for Landry's volume going forward. I think Stills is underrated, but with the o-line woes Tannehill didn't have time to hit him. Outside of Stills, Tannehill didn't really have any good options, so Landry received all those targets pretty much by default. You'll see. If the Dolphins don't resign him, he'll disappear from fantasy relevance. Hell, he wouldn't be nearly as popular if it weren't for ridiculous PPR scoring. In PPFD leagues he's not that good. I think he had 48 first downs last year to Shepard's 42 despite the great disparity in total receptions.

And please don't compare him to Brandon Marshall ever again. In 2015 Marshall had 109 receptions for 78 first downs. Landry had 111 for 60. He's not nearly as valuable from an NFL or fantasy standpoint as a player like Marshall.

And I'm sorry, but if he was that dynamic, he'd had found the end zone more than 4 times on 111 receptions in 2015 or 4 times on 94 receptions in 2016. And when I called Shepard more dynamic, I meant that he could be lined up out wide as well as in the slot. Landry is purely a slot guy and will never be open deep.

How do you feel Julius Thomas will impact Landry's targets? I'm not expecting Thomas to be some sort of stud TE in Miami, but I do think he'll command at least enough targets to hurt Landry's numbers from 2016. And if Carroo OR Parker can progress, that'll hurt, too. I'm pretty much staying away from Miami unless I can get Carroo for pennies (I would take Tannehill for cheap if I could burn a roster spot on another QB, too).

Fish said:
FFPC trades...needed roster relief in both cases:

Gave Brate for 2018 2nd.....(have Ertz, Eifert and Ladarius Green)

Gave DeVante Parker + Gio for 1.05
Your TEs are ridiculous. Good trades.

Sorry, I foolishly relied upon FBG for Shepard's birthday. If you look, I fessed up to this mistake later in the thread, too.
As did I and for what it's worth came across another error yesterday, we should probably start a list of the wrong birthdays. They got Stefon Diggs in wrong year and month, but at least in his case he's only around 3 months off.

The offensive line is part of the reason Tannehill checks down to Landry all the time, not at all a reason for optimism for Landry's volume going forward. I think Stills is underrated, but with the o-line woes Tannehill didn't have time to hit him. Outside of Stills, Tannehill didn't really have any good options, so Landry received all those targets pretty much by default. You'll see. If the Dolphins don't resign him, he'll disappear from fantasy relevance. Hell, he wouldn't be nearly as popular if it weren't for ridiculous PPR scoring. In PPFD leagues he's not that good. I think he had 48 first downs last year to Shepard's 42 despite the great disparity in total receptions.

And please don't compare him to Brandon Marshall ever again. In 2015 Marshall had 109 receptions for 78 first downs. Landry had 111 for 60. He's not nearly as valuable from an NFL or fantasy standpoint as a player like Marshall.

And I'm sorry, but if he was that dynamic, he'd had found the end zone more than 4 times on 111 receptions in 2015 or 4 times on 94 receptions in 2016. And when I called Shepard more dynamic, I meant that he could be lined up out wide as well as in the slot. Landry is purely a slot guy and will never be open deep.

How do you feel Julius Thomas will impact Landry's targets? I'm not expecting Thomas to be some sort of stud TE in Miami, but I do think he'll command at least enough targets to hurt Landry's numbers from 2016. And if Carroo OR Parker can progress, that'll hurt, too. I'm pretty much staying away from Miami unless I can get Carroo for pennies (I would take Tannehill for cheap if I could burn a roster spot on another QB, too).

It’s the bad offensive line?

-He got more targets last year when the offensive line was healthy and featured an all-pro

It’s Ryan Tannehill?

-He’s averaged 8.4 targets for 6.6/83.6/0.4 a game with Matt Moore at QB (106/1,338/6 per 16)

-Only a slot receiver?  What year is this?  He’s the best slot WR in the league, a 2x Pro Bowler, and PPF All-Pro; he was top 5 in total yards each of the last two seasons

-Sterling Shepard isn’t any better on the outside than Landry;  his long reception was 32 yards (Landry: 71)

-I compared his ability to get open early to Marshall's; nothing more

-No: I’m not worried about Julius Thomas

Julius Thomas? He won't even be on the field long enough to take targets from anyone. Landry's 90 reception floor is safe.

It’s the bad offensive line?

-He got more targets last year when the offensive line was healthy and featured an all-pro

It’s Ryan Tannehill?

-He’s averaged 8.4 targets for 6.6/83.6/0.4 a game with Matt Moore at QB (106/1,338/6 per 16)

-Only a slot receiver?  What year is this?  He’s the best slot WR in the league, a 2x Pro Bowler, and PPF All-Pro; he was top 5 in total yards each of the last two seasons

-Sterling Shepard isn’t any better on the outside than Landry;  his long reception was 32 yards (Landry: 71)

-I compared his ability to get open early to Marshall's; nothing more

-No: I’m not worried about Julius Thomas
Different OC in 2015. I don't really care what happened with Lazor. He plays for Gase now and Gase just traded for a TE who used to play for him. The targets that TE gets will likely partially come from Landry's targets, as there were only 73 TE targets last season.

Shepard was a rookie last year with 65 rec. Landry's longest catch as a rookie was 25 yards despite 84 receptions. Not dynamic.

If people think Landry is the best slot WR in the league then that's just further proof of how overrated he is. I blame PPR  :P   He can make tough catches over the middle. That's nice. But what's valuable in real life is first downs and he is very good at making catches short of the line. Great for PPR, not so great for real football or 0PPR or PPFD.

I obviously think you overpaid for Landry in your recent trade.

I will continue to 100% believe Landry's usage dipped for primary reason he was an extension of the running game and once Ajayi got going it reduced his role.  I think he's more of 125-130 target range guy going forward. I like him for his consistency and availability, but I think his production will be more low end WR2/high end WR3 type stuff, sub 15 PPG production.

Different OC in 2015. I don't really care what happened with Lazor. He plays for Gase now and Gase just traded for a TE who used to play for him. The targets that TE gets will likely partially come from Landry's targets, as there were only 73 TE targets last season.

Shepard was a rookie last year with 65 rec. Landry's longest catch as a rookie was 25 yards despite 84 receptions. Not dynamic.

If people think Landry is the best slot WR in the league then that's just further proof of how overrated he is. I blame PPR  :P   He can make tough catches over the middle. That's nice. But what's valuable in real life is first downs and he is very good at making catches short of the line. Great for PPR, not so great for real football or 0PPR or PPFD.

I obviously think you overpaid for Landry in your recent trade.
We're talking about a player's value in the PPR format.  You're using some funky logic to discredit that. You know who else has a FDR/% in Landry's range?  The other quality slot WRs in the league--Fitz, Baldwin, Edelman, Tate, Diggs.  It's nothing more than an indicator of utilization.  The fact that that means something more than that to you is surprising.  

He's overrated as a PPR asset because of the PPR format?  Got it.

I will continue to 100% believe Landry's usage dipped for primary reason he was an extension of the running game and once Ajayi got going it reduced his role.  I think he's more of 125-130 target range guy going forward. I like him for his consistency and availability, but I think his production will be more low end WR2/high end WR3 type stuff, sub 15 PPG production.
I think 125-130 targets is a fair enough baseline. (I'd go 130-135) But his target % was largely unchanged this year; the team just threw the ball less.  Ajayi no doubt played a part in that, but it didn't hurt Landry specifically. 

He was WR15 in my PPR league on 131 targets.  I expect about the same next year.  Only 12 WRs scored > 15 PPG.

We're talking about a player's value in the PPR format.  You're using some funky logic to discredit that. You know who else has a FDR/% in Landry's range?  The other quality slot WRs in the league--Fitz, Baldwin, Edelman, Tate, Diggs.  It's nothing more than an indicator of utilization.  The fact that that means something more than that to you is surprising.  

He's overrated as a PPR asset because of the PPR format?  Got it.
No, I'm saying he's a household name only bc of PPR. He's very meh in other formats. This is not really relevant, just my gripe that PPR inflates the value of a borderline trivial stat.

And when I'm talking about his NFL utility, I'm making the point that he's probably not going to retain his value when he switches teams. He got a ton of check down targets with Tannehill and Lazor. Partially due to system, partially due to Tannehill's tendencies, and partially due to a lack of other receiving options. Nobody is going to want to feature him like that going forward because it was obviously not a recipe for NFL success. He's got one more year with Tannehill and in that final year he's going to be competing with Julius Thomas for those shorter targets. I think he and Shepard will be within 10 targets of each other, but I expect Shepard to have a higher YPR and TD total.

ETA: didn't see the other post until now - definitely down to move on. I've got no interest in acquiring Landry or talking about him, so I have no clue why I've devoted like 4 posts to him....

Definitely, especially since I could probably trade one of those picks alone for a 2018 1st once it's OTC.  Worst case I would have to give up the 3.02 also, so at a minimum free 2.10. 
Agree with this. I think back to last deep draft in 2014 and I was able to move pick 2.7 for a future first while OTC.  So I don't do this trade now unless the 2018#1 I was getting back projected as non-playoff.

Agree with this. I think back to last deep draft in 2014 and I was able to move pick 2.7 for a future first while OTC.  So I don't do this trade now unless the 2018#1 I was getting back projected as non-playoff.
I was able to do 2.07 and a bunch of later picks LAST year and another where I traded 1.10 for 2.06 and 2017 1st.  Some people don't follow future drafts like we do and either didn't expect it to be better or just flat thought it was worth it to get them a year early to try to win (first owner was #2 seed and finished 1.09).  Both owners have long histories in the leagues and both returned this year, so it wasn't a case of not caring.

I haven't had a problem trading for future 1sts in any of my leagues and I love collecting 2nd's to be ready to capitalize on this.

I was able to do 2.07 and a bunch of later picks LAST year and another where I traded 1.10 for 2.06 and 2017 1st.  Some people don't follow future drafts like we do and either didn't expect it to be better or just flat thought it was worth it to get them a year early to try to win (first owner was #2 seed and finished 1.09).  Both owners have long histories in the leagues and both returned this year, so it wasn't a case of not caring.

I haven't had a problem trading for future 1sts in any of my leagues and I love collecting 2nd's to be ready to capitalize on this.
That is impressive to pull that off last season. I traded 1.8 while OTC last year to get a 17 1st, and have no regrets on that trade based on last years draft. I'm in some leagues where people don't come off future firsts very easy.

Here is good example of how not to deal for future firsts from an FFPC league I'm in. A not so good team traded 1.4 for Brandon Marshall and 1.8. They proceeded to trade the 1.8 for 3.5 and a future 18#1. That would have been a solid trade last year, absolutely horrible this years. They turned 1.4 into Brandon Marshall, 3.5 and future 18#1 (thought that pick projects as non-playoff at least).

Got a big one fellas. I feel that I overpaid on pure value, but I didn't really care in the end. 

14 team PPR. Devy.

Gave: 

Michael Thomas, Cam Newton, Saquon Barkley, 1.01 (Mixon? Foreman?), Gio, 2019 1st (let's hope it's late).

Got:

OBJ, Luck

My reasoning: Barkley is worth so much alone that it's possible he, Gio and the 2019 1st are enough to bridge the gap between OBJ/Luck and Thomas/Cam. So I may have overpaid by an entire devy-weakened 1.01...which isn't ideal. That's a valuable piece. But dealing for OBJ is never easy...

I know this has been debated ad naseum here before on the boards so I will just say that neither I nor anyone in my leagues has had the success you have had while OTC dealing second round picks for future 1sts. 15 leagues, 4 years not once has any 2nd round pick (let alone a mid 2nd and some late picks) been moved for a future 1st. Last year no late 2016 1sts for future firsts went down. Each league and draft obviously can be different but in my leagues those kind of deals aren't happening unfortunately. 

Agreed it's probably as much about league history as anything else - those kinds of trades have been happening for a long time in those leagues.  It's not something new I just invented, and I could easily see it being very difficult to get started in a league it's never been common in.

Got a big one fellas. I feel that I overpaid on pure value, but I didn't really care in the end. 

14 team PPR. Devy.

Gave: 

Michael Thomas, Cam Newton, Saquon Barkley, 1.01 (Mixon? Foreman?), Gio, 2019 1st (let's hope it's late).

Got:

OBJ, Luck

My reasoning: Barkley is worth so much alone that it's possible he, Gio and the 2019 1st are enough to bridge the gap between OBJ/Luck and Thomas/Cam. So I may have overpaid by an entire devy-weakened 1.01...which isn't ideal. That's a valuable piece. But dealing for OBJ is never easy...
That is a big one.

Agree with your reasoning, sounds like you understand you know you likely overpaid at least a little so I'd say I like the other teams side but you are aware of what you had to paid and it works for you and you did just walk away with my #1 QB and WR.

Gave: Kelvin Benjamin

Got: Jamison Crowder

PPR
Smaller slot WR's that don't play with Brady usually don't have big upside. Crowder may be best of the smaller slot guys in the NFL right now(Fitz best WR playing the slot) but when it comes to WR's I go upside or go home so I'd have kept KB if I was you.

14 team PPR. Devy.

Gave: 

Got:

OBJ, Luck

What does the rest of your roster look like?

Luck

Gurley, Howard, Fournette, McCaffrey

OBJ, Hopkins, Diggs, Edelman

Reed
I think you can justify the overpay with this roster.  For a 14 teamer, it's still loaded.  

Edit: Late firsts aren't worth nearly as much in devy formats; Gio is solid depth, but isn't likely to ever be a difference maker.  I'd be fine overpaying by those two parts, and leaving them out, it's fiar. 

I think you can justify the overpay with this roster.  For a 14 teamer, it's still loaded.  
Thanks, that was my thought process. Had just recently dealt Dalvin Cook for Hopkins+, so I was pretty aggressively going from rebuild orphan to contender and this move seemed like the logical next step.

12 PPR start 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR, 1-3 TE

Deandre Washington, 1.6, 3.2 

for

Dez Bryant, 2.7
Not as high on Dez as most and I'd look to move him if I had him but this is not enough of a return even if I had to start 2 RB's but only needing to start 1RB makes this an especially light return so give me Dez side.

12 team PPR league with 60 man rosters (IDP).  Start 2-4 WR's and 2-4 RB's.  League has developmental college players on rosters.

I traded John Ross III for Joe Mixon.

10 team full point PPR league 

team a gets : Julian Edelman 

team b gets: 2.4 
Same league- 10 team full point PPR IDP dynasty league (.75 assist/1.5 pts per tackle, 4.5 pts per sack, 4 per int, 4 pts fumble recovery, 4 pts forced fumble)

team a gets: 2.4

team b gets: Benardrick McKinney 

Seems a bit high, but McKinney in his defense was top 6 in IDP in our league and is only 23

Edelman scored 235 but will be 31, McKinney scored 203 - I think he is a good player, but for 14? 

14 team PPR. Devy.

Gave: 

Got:

OBJ, Luck

You're a lot like me.  Not afraid to overpay to get what you want and happy to do so.  Good job.

12 team ppr dynasty.  26 man rosters.  Start qb, rb, wr, wr, te, flex, d, k

Traded 1.4, 1.5, and 1.12 for 1.2 and 1.6.  

Rationale here is I own 1.1 and have two seconds.  I am loaded at wr (dez, obj, evans, watkins, michael thomas, coleman, k white, doctson, perriman, treadwell, dgb).   And gronk at te with ebron/walford backing up.  At rb, only have zeke, ap, mckinnon, hill, bernard.  It is start one rb mandatory only though (can flex one).  I just feel the second half of my rostered wrs are the equal of williams/davis so figured why not grab the two stud rbs (and possibly mccaffrey/mixon at 1.6)?  

Spookytooth said:

Rationale here is I own 1.1 and have two seconds.  I am loaded at wr (dez, obj, evans, watkins, michael thomas, coleman, k white, doctson, perriman, treadwell, dgb).   And gronk at te with ebron/walford backing up.  At rb, only have zeke, ap, mckinnon, hill, bernard.  It is start one rb mandatory only though (can flex one).  I just feel the second half of my rostered wrs are the equal of williams/davis so figured why not grab the two stud rbs (and possibly mccaffrey/mixon at 1.6)?  
Looking at your roster and rationale, I like it for you.  You're loaded at WR and getting at least one stud RB should make you the team to beat. 

Spookytooth said:

It's basically 1.12 and 1.4 for 1.2, which is a pretty super duper bargain.

Spookytooth said:

I know that dynasty result in league unbalance from time to time, but man your roster is extreme.  If you look at our ongoing dynasty poll, it shows that you now possess nine of the 24 most valuable players in dynasty.  On top of that you possess the top three overall 

#1 - OBJ

#2 Zeke

#3 Evans

#10 - Rookie pick 1.1

#13 - Rookie pick 1.2

#15 Sammy Watkins

#17 Michael Thomas

#18 Gronk

#19 Dez

Balance would be 2, and extreme imbalance would be five or six on one team.  9 on one roster plus the top three overall is amazing.  That means the other 11 teams have either 1 or 2 compared to your nine.

That looks like a league in desperate need of a reset.

I know that dynasty result in league unbalance from time to time, but man your roster is extreme.  If you look at our ongoing dynasty poll, it shows that you now possess nine of the 24 most valuable players in dynasty.  On top of that you possess the top three overall 

#1 - OBJ

#2 Zeke

#3 Evans

#10 - Rookie pick 1.1

#13 - Rookie pick 1.2

#15 Sammy Watkins

#17 Michael Thomas

#18 Gronk

#19 Dez

Balance would be 2, and extreme imbalance would be five or six on one team.  9 on one roster plus the top three overall is amazing.  That means the other 11 teams

That looks like a league in desperate need of a reset and 11 new owners.
Fixed it for you.

FFPC league, not involved in any of these but here is a series of one sided trades all made by same owner. Every trade but last one happened in last 3 days, that last one about 2 weeks ago. Team will be Team A in all of these trades.

Team A gave: 2 2018#2's(one almost lock for non playoff and other seems likely playoff) , 4.7 and Taylor Gabriel

Team B gave: Bilal Powell

Team A gave: 2018#1(projected not playoff, projected as worst team in league for that matter), 3.2

Team B gave: Jordan Matthews

Team A gave: 1.11, 2018 4th, Eddie Lacy and Marvin Jones

Team B gave: Gio, ASJ

Team A gave: Jordan Howard, Eli Manning

Team B gave: Derek Carr, Rob Kelley

Team A gave: 2018#2

Team B gave: Dorial Green Beckham and Taylor Gabriel(who he would later include in Bilal trade)

Depending on who you might ask Team A's last remaining most valuable asset is either Jordan Matthews, Crabtree or Carr(in a one start QB league with off-season cuts to 14 position player max which heavily devalues QB). They have no first or second round picks in this draft or 2018.

Total recap of trades in somewhat loose order of how I'd value the assets:

Team A gave: 2018#1(projected as easy non-playoff, worst team in league but it's a draft playoff format), Jordan Howard, 1.11,  3 2018#2's(2 projected non playoff),, Eddie Lacy, 3.2, Marvin Jones, 4.7, 2018#4, Eli Manning.

Team A got: Jordan Matthews, Gio, Derek Carr, Dorial Green Beckham, Bilal Powell, Rob Kelley and ASJ.

FFPC league, not involved in any of these but here is a series of one sided trades all made by same owner. Every trade but last one happened in last 3 days, that last one about 2 weeks ago. Team will be Team A in all of these trades.

Team A gave: 2 2018#2's(one almost lock for non playoff and other seems likely playoff) , 4.7 and Taylor Gabriel

Team B gave: Bilal Powell

Team A gave: 2018#1(projected not playoff, projected as worst team in league for that matter), 3.2

Team B gave: Jordan Matthews

Team A gave: 1.11, 2018 4th, Eddie Lacy and Marvin Jones

Team B gave: Gio, ASJ

Team A gave: Jordan Howard, Eli Manning

Team B gave: Derek Carr, Rob Kelley

Team A gave: 2018#2

Team B gave: Dorial Green Beckham and Taylor Gabriel(who he would later include in Bilal trade)

Depending on who you might ask Team A's last remaining most valuable asset is either Jordan Matthews, Crabtree or Carr(in a one start QB league with off-season cuts to 14 position player max which heavily devalues QB). They have no first or second round picks in this draft or 2018.

Total recap of trades in somewhat loose order of how I'd value the assets:

Team A gave: 2018#1(projected as easy non-playoff, worst team in league but it's a draft playoff format), Jordan Howard, 1.11,  3 2018#2's(2 projected non playoff),, Eddie Lacy, 3.2, Marvin Jones, 4.7, 2018#4, Eli Manning.

Team A got: Jordan Matthews, Gio, Derek Carr, Dorial Green Beckham, Bilal Powell, Rob Kelley and ASJ.
I am amazed none of these leagues have folded yet.  But, sure enough, the orphaned teams that are just atrocious somehow attract a new owner.  It might be at a discount rate, but some of these teams are so bad that I might not even bother even if the first two years were free, and I think of myself as being rather good at rebuilds.

Users who are viewing this thread