What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

This went down in my 10 man dynasty superflex QQRRWWFFT w full IDP

A) Lynch and Oakland backups, Julio Jones, Justin Houston, 2 and a 3

for 

B) Kareem Hunt, Doug Baldwin, Cooper Kupp, Kyle Van Noy and a 7
I’m not a huge Hunt fan, but I’ll take that side pretty easily.

12 team TE premium ppr, QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLX, FLX, K, DL, DB, LB, DFLX

Sent G. Everett, T, Flowers, J. Elliot, 2018 late 2nd

Received K. Mack, G. Zuerlein, 2018 early 3rd
I'd rather have Everett & 2nd.

Colts are awful. Can't imagine any back being successful there for the next couple years

Couple deals went down today in one of my leagues

2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr 10 team

Team A got:  AJG and McCoy

Team B got:  Mike Williams, Arob, Lamar Miller

*Team B is rebuilding

Team B got (same team B):  2018 3rd (late)

Team C got:  Ben Watson 

I’m a big Hyde fan, but I might trade him for that.
Hyde fan?  He will be 28 for the 2018 and while decent, he has never looked like a stud RB.  I think Breida's long term prospects are better than Hyde's.  I think Hyde is definitely a sell now candidate.

I'd rather have Everett & 2nd.

Colts are awful. Can't imagine any back being successful there for the next couple years
You can't accurately say this about any team nowadays. I still remember trying to trade Lynch when he 1st went Seattle and I got a reply from an owner that he wouldn't touch a Seattle player fantasy for at least 5 years, last year people were saying the same thing about Goff and Gurley, now they are the number 1 scoring team in the league.

Hyde fan?  He will be 28 for the 2018 and while decent, he has never looked like a stud RB.  I think Breida's long term prospects are better than Hyde's.  I think Hyde is definitely a sell now candidate.
He is 26 right now and will be 26 on opportunity day next year.  He was born 9/21/91, so next year is his "age 27 season". 

If he gets extended he could be Devonta Freeman. Look at his receiving numbers - 42 catches through 10 games on pace for almost 70 in his first year in this offense.  He's on pace for 1366 total yards and 6.4 touchdowns, and if they improve at all in year two the touchdowns could make a noticeable leap.  He's still an injury risk but he has a cheap backup who would be viable quickly if there were an injury. 

If he doesn't get extended, he could end up pretty much anywhere.  Highly unlikely he signs somewhere as a backup, but a committee could hurt his value. The nightmare scenario is that the 49ers sign him and then draft Barkley anyways, which is possible especially with their early draft pick.  But I really dont see them spending that big at running back.  If they're enamored with Barkley they'll probably let him walk. 

I think he is worth an early- mmid first, probably 1.4 to 1.6 depending on league format.  

He just turned 26, so he’ll be 27 for 2018. And when he’s not hurt, he has produced pretty good numbers on really bad teams. I think he’s going to be in a pretty good situation the next few years if he stays in San Fran.

ETA: Fred beat me to the age comment.

Last edited by a moderator:
He just turned 26, so he’ll be 27 for 2018. And when he’s not hurt, he has produced pretty good numbers on really bad teams. I think he’s going to be in a pretty good situation the next few years if he stays in San Fran.

ETA: Fred beat me to the age comment.
Rotoworld has him as - Age / DOB:  (27) / 9/20/1990

Even if Rotoworld is wrong I would have expected more from Hyde at age 27, which according which he will be to start 2018 according to your sources, don't you think?  Precisely why he is a sell high candidate and Breida is a buy low candidate.
But he’s only 26 right now and has had a lot of injuries. He has a few prime years left, and this offense can only improve.

I totally understand not liking him based on history. I just think he’s in the best spot he’s ever had and could have a really good few years coming up.

But he’s only 26 right now and has had a lot of injuries. He has a few prime years left, and this offense can only improve.

I totally understand not liking him based on history. I just think he’s in the best spot he’s ever had and could have a really good few years coming up.
I can respect that.  However, I do feel he is about the most poster boy for sell high as there is in dynasty leagues.

I can respect that.  However, I do feel he is about the most poster boy for sell high as there is in dynasty leagues.
Wow I could not disagree more.

Hyde when healthy has been a steady low RB1 for years on the worst team in football.  And his situation will almost certainly be better next year, whether it be an improved 9ers team or a new team altogether.  Yet he's still only pulling in a mid/late 1st in most leagues.

Poster boy sell highs are guys like Julio who was still fetching high WR1 value this year even though all the data pointed to him never having another high WR1 season.  Poster boy sell highs are guys like Dez who are fetching low WR1 value while performing as a middling WR3 and locked into a contract with a team that they are a poor fit for until his age 33 season.  Poster boy sell highs are guys like Melvin Gordon who were pulling in elite value despite it objectively being a toss-up as to whether or not they'd even have a starting job at this time next year.  Poster boy sell highs are guys like Stefon Diggs and CJ Anderson who were pulling in tremendous value after their hot start for the third year in a row before fading badly and dropping value for the third year in a row.

The trends for poster boy sell highs in dynasty have been clearer than ever this year and they've all hit on it abruptly.  A guy whose perceived value has been and still is well below his production in a bad situation that can almost only get better going forward is not a sell high, imho.

Which side would you prefer (14-team dynasty, half PPR, 30-man rosters, 5-round draft, IDPs):

Team One Gets:

• Amari Cooper
  • Melvin Gordon
  • Melvin Ingram
Team Two Gets

• Alvin Kamara
  • Robby Anderson
  • 2d round pick

When are people going to give Adams the credit he deserves? He's 14 points behind AJG on the season with 2 less targets and hasn't had Arog throwing him the ball for a month. AJG is a hall of fame level talent, but his window of production is closing. Adams is the WR1 now in GB. That's a solid deal for a rebuilding team, imo. 
Green is 29, not necessarily a closing window. The Bengals offense has been bad this season and Green's numbers are less than they could be.    I still think Green >> Adams and could have demanded more.

Nothing against Adams but Mahomes and a pick doesn't thrill me.

Wow I could not disagree more.

Hyde when healthy has been a steady low RB1 for years on the worst team in football.  And his situation will almost certainly be better next year, whether it be an improved 9ers team or a new team altogether.  Yet he's still only pulling in a mid/late 1st in most leagues.

Poster boy sell highs are guys like Julio who was still fetching high WR1 value this year even though all the data pointed to him never having another high WR1 season.  Poster boy sell highs are guys like Dez who are fetching low WR1 value while performing as a middling WR3 and locked into a contract with a team that they are a poor fit for until his age 33 season.  Poster boy sell highs are guys like Melvin Gordon who were pulling in elite value despite it objectively being a toss-up as to whether or not they'd even have a starting job at this time next year.  Poster boy sell highs are guys like Stefon Diggs and CJ Anderson who were pulling in tremendous value after their hot start for the third year in a row before fading badly and dropping value for the third year in a row.

The trends for poster boy sell highs in dynasty have been clearer than ever this year and they've all hit on it abruptly.  A guy whose perceived value has been and still is well below his production in a bad situation that can almost only get better going forward is not a sell high, imho.
Poster boy for over-reaction?

Poster boy for over-reaction?
Over-reaction to what?  That has been my stance on those guys for a while now.  It's not a reaction to what they've done, rather that they've done exactly what the statistical trends pointed to them doing when I laid them out months ago.  That they've all lived up to those negative expectations merely makes them good examples (amongst, admittedly, a few guys that went the opposite way).

Over-reaction to what?  That has been my stance on those guys for a while now.  It's not a reaction to what they've done, rather that they've done exactly what the statistical trends pointed to them doing when I laid them out months ago.  That they've all lived up to those negative expectations merely makes them good examples (amongst, admittedly, a few guys that went the opposite way).
If you're hanging your hat on Hyde in dynasty then it seems like a desperate move to me.

QB, RB RB, WR WR WR, Flex, D PPR

A - 2 2018 2nd Round Picks (currently 2.04 and 2.08)

B - Mark Ingram

12-teamer, PPR

Gave: Hyde

Got: Cohen, 2018 1st, 2018 2nd

Not a big fan of Cohen, but he's a rookie and may become a fun flex down the road. Hyde was my best RB but i'll take my chances in the draft or offseason. 

FWIW, Hyde is 27.  He was a redshirt sr when he came out and has been in the league for 4 years.  NFL, ESPN, and PFR have him at 27.  

12-teamer, PPR

Gave: Hyde

Got: Cohen, 2018 1st, 2018 2nd

Not a big fan of Cohen, but he's a rookie and may become a fun flex down the road. Hyde was my best RB but i'll take my chances in the draft or offseason. 
I'd say that to me is market value unless the 1st is going to be early.  Good deal if you are you are not in contention this year.

Made a couple back to back, these are mine so fire away lol. Didn't think my team had what it takes to win it this season. 16 team ppr

1. Russell Wilson and Kareem Hunt for Deshaun Watson, Joe Flacco and Todd Gurley.

got Gurley so I could do the 2nd.

2. Gurley for Zeke

Made a couple back to back, these are mine so fire away lol. Didn't think my team had what it takes to win it this season. 16 team ppr

1. Russell Wilson and Kareem Hunt for Deshaun Watson, Joe Flacco and Todd Gurley.

got Gurley so I could do the 2nd.

2. Gurley for Zeke
I like the net for you.  Both deals are very close, but I'd happily take the leftover QB to have my pick of the RBs - and gimme Zeke. 

Trade deadline looms tonight, 32 team dynasty with IDP, two copies of each player, most of these are different teams.

Graham, Jimmy SEA TE; Fairbairn, Ka'imi HOU PK; Graham, Brandon PHI DE

for Breida, Matt SFO RB; Seferian-Jenkins, Austin NYJ TE; Succop, Ryan TEN PK

Dansby, Karlos ARI LB

For Collins, Jamie CLE LB

2nd, 5th for Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

N Bowman for 19 2nd

4th, 4th, 5th for Jerrick McKinnon

Breida, Matt SFO RB; Anderson, Robby NYJ WR; Goodwin, Marquise SFO WR; Kuechly, Luke CAR LB

For McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB; Allen, Keenan LAC WR

Stafford, Matthew DET QB; Cobb, Randall GBP WR; Snead, Willie NOS WR; Reed, Jordan WAS TE; Thomas, Julius MIA TE; Ansah, Ezekiel DET DE; Hightower, Dont'a NEP LB

For Brady, Tom NEP QB; Thompson, Chris WAS RB; Bryant, Dez DAL WR; Watson, Ben BAL TE; Peppers, Julius CAR DE; Collins, Jamie CLE LB

Ingram, Mark NOS RB; Reed, Jordan WAS TE

For Ebron, Eric DET TE; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick; Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick

Trade deadline looms tonight, 32 team dynasty with IDP, two copies of each player, most of these are different teams.

Graham, Jimmy SEA TE; Fairbairn, Ka'imi HOU PK; Graham, Brandon PHI DE

for Breida, Matt SFO RB; Seferian-Jenkins, Austin NYJ TE; Succop, Ryan TEN PK

Dansby, Karlos ARI LB

For Collins, Jamie CLE LB

2nd, 5th for Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR

N Bowman for 19 2nd

4th, 4th, 5th for Jerrick McKinnon

Breida, Matt SFO RB; Anderson, Robby NYJ WR; Goodwin, Marquise SFO WR; Kuechly, Luke CAR LB

For McKinnon, Jerick MIN RB; Allen, Keenan LAC WR

Stafford, Matthew DET QB; Cobb, Randall GBP WR; Snead, Willie NOS WR; Reed, Jordan WAS TE; Thomas, Julius MIA TE; Ansah, Ezekiel DET DE; Hightower, Dont'a NEP LB

For Brady, Tom NEP QB; Thompson, Chris WAS RB; Bryant, Dez DAL WR; Watson, Ben BAL TE; Peppers, Julius CAR DE; Collins, Jamie CLE LB

Ingram, Mark NOS RB; Reed, Jordan WAS TE

For Ebron, Eric DET TE; Year 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick; Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick
TBH, I thought some of these were horrible deals. Curious to see what others think.

Users who are viewing this thread