Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

24 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Ppr 1/2/3/1111

Gave 1.01

got 1.03 1.10 AR15 crowder

As a 1.1 owner and big fan of Barkley it would be very hard to turn that one down, that said I'm also a fan/believer in both Robinson and crowder

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sw20dan said:

Superflex league. 10 team 0.5 PPR regular QB scoring:

Team A gives: 1.06 + AJ McCarron

Team B gives: Pat Mahomes + 4.01

Not a big fan of Mahomes and I think you can get one of Rosen or Darnold at 1.06 so I'll take that side as more talented QB prospects, plus the lottery ticket QB in McCarron.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sitch said:

12 tm PPR

Gave: Kupp, 1.05

Got: Mixon, 1.08

Easily worth the gamble on Mixon by dropping back 3 spots in the 1st.  I had nothing at RB so happy to land Mixon, plus I also have the 1.07 as well...

Great move. 

1 hour ago, Snorkelson said:

Ppr 1/2/3/1111

Gave 1.01

How many roster spots? It's close, but assuming 25+ spots, I think I'd take the parts. 

5 hours ago, steelers1080 said:

Team A Gives: Aaron Rodgers

Team B Gives: Philip Rivers, Carlos Hyde, Cooper Kupp, Kenneth Dixon

Depends on the format and rosters for me. 6pt passing TDs or 14+ teams--I lean Rodgers.  

1 hour ago, Zyphros said:

Not a big fan of Mahomes and I think you can get one of Rosen or Darnold at 1.06 so I'll take that side as more talented QB prospects, plus the lottery ticket QB in McCarron.  

I'd rather have Mahomes than Rosen or Darnold and would have no problem taking him at 1.6 if he was in the pool in a Superflex. Not sure how to value giving up McCarron, I don't like him but he is more than a flier given teams are interested in him. Worth it if you are a believer in Mahomes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

Rivers finished 8th in QB scoring (admittedly not a difference maker but solid enough). I see Kupp as a guy coming off a solid rookie season who should grow with a young QB in what looks like a great offense. If SF keeps Hyde around he'll also be in a top offense and has been a solid performer when healthy - I think 2018 could be his best season.

Rodgers averages about 4-8 ppg more than Rivers and is only two years younger.

Looking at it again after reading your post I probably should not have labled the price as "steep" and I may over-rate Kupp and Hyde a bit as I can see your point as to them being "replaceable", but I still take that side as I don't see Rodgers as much of a difference maker as you do. QB production is not that difficult to find. 

4-8ppg is a TON.

4ppg is the difference between Golden Tate and Odell Beckham.  8ppg is the difference between Tate and Antonio Brown.

4ppg is the difference between Lamar Miller and Shady McCoy.  8ppg is the difference between Lamar Miller and Zeke.

1 hour ago, Snorkelson said:

Ppr 1/2/3/1111

Gave 1.01

Good God delete this, I am trying to buy the 1.01 in a few of my leagues with 1.02 or 1.04 and I wouldn't pay that much and I don't want any of my league mates getting anhy ideas. :P

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

4-8ppg is a TON.

4ppg is the difference between Golden Tate and Odell Beckham.  8ppg is the difference between Tate and Antonio Brown.

4ppg is the difference between Lamar Miller and Shady McCoy.  8ppg is the difference between Lamar Miller and Zeke.

It was actually only 2 ppg last season but that included the game Rodgers got hurt early - so I "estimated". I would imagine it's closer but point taken.

37 minutes ago, msudaisy26 said:

Good God delete this, I am trying to buy the 1.01 in a few of my leagues with 1.02 or 1.04 and I wouldn't pay that much and I don't want any of my league mates getting anhy ideas. :P

He originally offered crowder, but I wanted Robinson but was going to shop. He offered Robinson and I countered with all of it basically saying if you want it come get it otherwise let’s talk closer to the draft and I’ll shop it in the meantime. It took him about 5 mins to accept. I also have the 1.04 so I have lots of options.

I think the last few years with gurley, zeke, and the rookies last year everyone sees quon and sees what an impact a feature back can make. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JPeso said:

Different strokes, I guess. I've amassed a lot of value over the year trading for future 1sts that "appear" early and end up early. I also play solely in FFPC now so maybe that is slanting me, as I can attest to roster space being important, having 3 assets instead of 1 asset with sharp cut downs - wouldn't have been able to pick up next year's Drake and Collins had I had Sammy/Olsen/rookie on the roster. 

In the end, I do think you are off with your contradictory statement, as I prefer one strong asset (ETA, i.e. the early 1st in 2019) (even if I did deal it for Cooks, THill, etc.) versus three maybes. 

You are probably forgetting about the number of times that projected early 1 worked out to not be so early. That said I get the strategy of dealing for projected future early 1sts but this is 1.5 years in advance with a long way to go. 

Move 2019 1 projected early for cooks/Hill? Not a deal anyone I know would make.

Agreed FFPC can make a big difference regarding roster cut downs but don’t understand how a 2019 1 that is only projected early could be > Watkins, 2018 1.12 and Olsen and in particular how it is > AJG. AJG in all of my established leagues would take Minimum of 1.4 but probably more like 1.2 or 1.3. If I were a contender I’d buy for 1.3/1.4 (worth much more than 2019 1) but not sure I’d be able to get him for that. If I were rebuilding/reloading I’d autoaccept moving my entire future 2019 draft for him knowing I could move him for more unless the league dynamics were such that trading is difficult to do (most aren’t) or I was planning on completely tanking 2018 and knew my pick was the 1.1. 

Sometimes we are planning a rebuild but things work out differently. These types of value wins can help accelerate things and kickstart your team much more quickly than a pick 1.5 years down the road.

Edited by jeaton6

19 minutes ago, battlestar said:

12 Team PPR 1/2/2/1flex/1te

Small bump for return yards (and return TD's)

gave Tyreek and D Cook

got D Hopkins and Tarik Cohen

Hopkins for me but I can see other side

9 hours ago, Sitch said:

12 tm PPR

Easily worth the gamble on Mixon by dropping back 3 spots in the 1st.  I had nothing at RB so happy to land Mixon, plus I also have the 1.07 as well...

Mixon side

For the record on 1.01. I offered Melvin Gordin, Jordan Reed and a random late 1st round guy from 2017, (I forget who) and got denied pretty easily.

25 minutes ago, Truman said:

1.01 for Zeke

Zeke for me.

25 minutes ago, Truman said:

1.08, Deshaun for T.Y Hilton

Wow, I think Watson is worth pretty close to Hilton. I wouldn't expect such an overpay for a 28 yo WR. Think he should have gotten a 2nd back with Hilton.

12 team, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex. No PPR for RB, 0.5 for WR and TE

gave: Hunt, Graham and 3.11 rookie

got: 1.02, 2.02 and M Williams LAC

i love Guice, and I should get a good rookie at 2.02 plus Williams is worth a flier. My team is solid (finished 2nd and 1st the past two years) and want to keep adding youth to my roster

• Like 1

6 hours ago, One More Rep said:

That is a nice return and I still prefer 1.1

Is it a player valuation issue (ie not an ar15 believer) or do you just think a player like Barkley is that winning 500million powerball ticket? I was ready to dig in until draft time but figured no one was going to beat that. How much more would you have needed- or would you not consider moving the 1.01? Or do you usually side with the best overall piece of a trade? I’m just curious as to what your thinking is. 

5 hours ago, DexterDew said:

12 team, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex. No PPR for RB, 0.5 for WR and TE

gave: Hunt, Graham and 3.11 rookie

got: 1.02, 2.02 and M Williams LAC

i love Guice, and I should get a good rookie at 2.02 plus Williams is worth a flier. My team is solid (finished 2nd and 1st the past two years) and want to keep adding youth to my roster

I like what you got here.

Edited by TheBottomLine

16 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

4-8ppg is a TON.

This trade easily could have been a win-win. If we saw the PPG difference between Kupp vs. the WR he's replacing and Hyde vs. the RB he's replacing then it might make more sense to the outside observers. And I'm probably on an island here, but I like Dixon as a flyer. I think he's still got a shot to be a solid NFL starter with his 3-down ability. So this is a trade that could look good for both teams in 2018 or could even look lopsided if Kupp, Dixon, or Hyde jump a tier or more. But if they were just rotting on the other guy's bench, then that's why it could be a win-win.

Without knowing the roster compositions, I'd say that trade is just about even.

1 minute ago, elitzer said:

ok your thoughts.2 qb league.i have rookie  pick 1.1 but it is a devy league and there are 36 players that will be gone already.what are your guys thoughts on me giving aaron jones and 1.1 for Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB? my qbs are bortles ,tribisky and whniston

it is ppr dynasty.

my runnings backs are pretty weak but my receivers strong and have 3 top rookie wrs per devy picks.

Mack, Marlon IND RB (R)

Perine, Samaje WAS RB (R)

Ware, Spencer KCC RB (I)

White, James NEP RB

First off, this belongs in the Assistant Coach Subforum.

Secondly, heck no.  

Edited by TheBottomLine
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, battlestar said:

gave Tyreek and D Cook

Fair deal. I take the duo. 

19 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

I’m not stacked at rb but now have 1.03/1.04 to take a couple good ones. Simply too much value to move back 2 spots.

I like it. 

18 hours ago, Sitch said:

12 tm PPR

Nice trade. 

8 hours ago, Truman said:

1.01 for Zeke

1.08, Deshaun for T.Y Hilton

Zeke

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheBottomLine said:

which one?

Sorry, Hill/Cook. I don't see Cohen being worth much of anything. 

Just now, JPeso said:

Sorry, Hill/Cook. I don't see Cohen being worth much of anything. 

I'm torn on this one but lean Nuk.  Close trade.

FFPC league, 1.5 PPR for TE

Gave: Jordan Howard, Kelvin Benjamin, Kyle Rudolph, 4.8, 5.8, 7.8

Got: 1.3, 3.6, 4.3

The weakest FFPC team I have, of the 6 leagues, this the only where we missed top 2 finish.. first round of playoffs starting Shepard over Howard (missed Shepard's 30-point outburst by one week!). Felt the whole year like I needed one more true horse and I just don't believe Howard is that in a PPR. Ultimately Howard not a guy I really feel comfortable starting, so wanted to move away from him. KB/Rudy are both depth but again never started either all year. 

I also liked dealing to this team because even if Howard bounces back and KB turns the corner in BUF, I'm not worried about that team being competitive. Rudy is a solid, albeit not sexy, starting TE in the format who should average 12-14 per game depending on QB play - again though I did not see myself starting Rudy over the 1.3/Drake next season. 

Moved really helped with cut-downs. 

Core Post-Trade:

• Cam/Stafford
  • Gordon/Freeman/Drake/Tevin/SEA backs
  • Julio/JuJu/Shepard
  • Kelce
  • 1.3, 1.8, 3.6, 4.3

Other Team Core Post-Trade:

• Bortles
  • Howard/Mack/Gore/CThompson/Powell
  • Hilton/Crabtree/Benjamin/Amendola
  • Rudolph
  • 2.3, 3.3, 4.5, 4.8

Edited by JPeso

38 minutes ago, JPeso said:
10 hours ago, battlestar said:

gave Tyreek and D Cook

Fair deal. I take the duo

I also like the side that got two players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JPeso said:

I think I take the 1.03 in this deal but I'm not entirely sure.  I have Howard in an FFPC league but he's my RB1 and the rest of my RB's kind of suck which leads to my skepticism about this deal.  Either way since you have good RB's and it clears 3 roster spots, that's pretty huge.  1.03 it is with the thought of Chubb would make me happy.  

7 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Is it a player valuation issue (ie not an ar15 believer) or do you just think a player like Barkley is that winning 500million powerball ticket? I was ready to dig in until draft time but figured no one was going to beat that. How much more would you have needed- or would you not consider moving the 1.01? Or do you usually side with the best overall piece of a trade? I’m just curious as to what your thinking is. 

I guess a little of both. Really high on Barkley and worried about Robinson some. Crowder is decent spot start but can't count on him and not sure what the 1.10 will bring. Just prefer to take what I consider the best and only sure fire piece in the deal. Could end up working for other side or a win/win but, would want what I consider a stud with the picks.

4 hours ago, JPeso said:

The weakest FFPC team I have, of the 6 leagues, this the only where we missed top 2 finish.. first round of playoffs starting Shepard over Howard (missed Shepard's 30-point outburst by one week!). Felt the whole year like I needed one more true horse and I just don't believe Howard is that in a PPR. Ultimately Howard not a guy I really feel comfortable starting, so wanted to move away from him. KB/Rudy are both depth but again never started either all year. 

I also liked dealing to this team because even if Howard bounces back and KB turns the corner in BUF, I'm not worried about that team being competitive. Rudy is a solid, albeit not sexy, starting TE in the format who should average 12-14 per game depending on QB play - again though I did not see myself starting Rudy over the 1.3/Drake next season. 

Moved really helped with cut-downs. 

Core Post-Trade:

• Cam/Stafford
  • Gordon/Freeman/Drake/Tevin/SEA backs
  • Julio/JuJu/Shepard
  • Kelce
  • 1.3, 1.8, 3.6, 4.3

Other Team Core Post-Trade:

• Bortles
  • Howard/Mack/Gore/CThompson/Powell
  • Hilton/Crabtree/Benjamin/Amendola
  • Rudolph
  • 2.3, 3.3, 4.5, 4.8

I like the pick here. Think you get a better back than Howard with pick 3

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

12 Tm PPR -  QRRWWWTF  

A gets: Michael Thomas, 1.07

B gets: Corey Davis, Mike Williams, 1.05

Thomas side by a good deal I think

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Concept Coop said:

12 Tm PPR -  QRRWWWTF  

Thomas easily.

Just went down in my primary dynasty league (12-team; 1/2/4/1/F):

Team A gets:  E. Manning, D. Hopkins, K. Allen, G. Tate

Team B gets:  P. Mahomes, M. Evans, D. Parker, J. Mixon

:shock:

3 hours ago, Concept Coop said:

12 Tm PPR -  QRRWWWTF  

Depends on roster room and if I'm competing vs rebuilding but I think the two in the bush will one day collectively be worth more than the one in the hand and the pick upgrade could be nothing or huge. If it goes like last year's draft in most leagues, very significant.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arodin said:

I got this feeling you are surprised and think team A won. Is that correct?

I'm not trying to be a contrarian, but I'd take team B's side.

Just now, menobrown said:

I got this feeling you are surprised and think team A won. Is that correct?

I'm not trying to be a contrarian, but I'd take team B's side.

Surprised at the number of players and the significance of the names involved mostly. Most of my dynasty leagues, trading is a challenging undertaking even for role players.

Situationally it actually looks like a "win" for both teams.  A has a star-studded lineup and keeps coming up just short.  Clearly wanted the extra firepower.  B has a strong team but aging and needed an infusion of youth, especially at qb.

In terms of "in a vacuum value" I do favor team A's haul, but I could build an argument for either package.  In my case it has mainly to do with having a below-consensus grade on Mixon.

3 hours ago, Concept Coop said:

12 Tm PPR -  QRRWWWTF  

Give me the guy that has already shown the ability to be a superstar over 2 guys with "potential"

Just now, Arodin said:

Surprised at the number of players and the significance of the names involved mostly. Most of my dynasty leagues, trading is a challenging undertaking even for role players.

Situationally it actually looks like a "win" for both teams.  A has a star-studded lineup and keeps coming up just short.  Clearly wanted the extra firepower.  B has a strong team but aging and needed an infusion of youth, especially at qb.

In terms of "in a vacuum value" I do favor team A's haul, but I could build an argument for either package.  In my case it has mainly to do with having a below-consensus grade on Mixon.

I'd term it a fair trade, just would prefer side B.  Team B got a group of players I just happen to like and since I like them I'm biased but think they got a good group of players I think it's a good time to buy.

15 minutes ago, Arodin said:

This one is tough. Big Evans fan and drafted mixon high last year in the one league I had a high pick but I think I'd want Team A. manning doesn't do anything for me but Hopkins>Evans, Keenan>Mixon (if it's PPR), Tate>Parker

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bfrahm3 said:

Hopkins>Evans, Keenan>Mixon (if it's PPR), Tate>Parker

Exactly how I see it. 

• Like 1

This recent swap is one of the best examples of the different ways that assorted owners look at multiple major-player swaps (especially at this somewhat slow time in relation to NFL-based dynasty match-up action on the fantasy field of honor). It is fairly obvious that player-to-player comparisons can identify which owner is apparently getting "more value in terms of player performance/contributions", both from the recent past/present/short-term future perspective .  .  .  . but what is sometimes missing (and ARODIN has indeed attempted here to provide additional info/data) is a qualitative consideration of ownership objectives including a 2018 emphasis versus a longer term window of consideration. The inclusion of RB Mixon and a highly regarded young QB going to Team B could swing the outcome of this trade even as early as the middle of the current NFL 2018 season schedule this fall, and I've got to complement the owners of Teams A & B who successfully put this multi-player exchange together, without having to consider adding a draft pick or two on one or both sides of this swap.

And as far as my preference for which side I favor in this dynasty trade, I am in the column favoring Team B's roster additions (with my vote being "somewhat" influenced by the swing in years of future contributions the ages of his new players are bring to his roster). Thanks for permitting me to present a longer than normal commentary than that which other owners tend to post herein. :thumbup:

Edited by lexus
Removed incorrect posting quote I didn't mean to include.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, lexus said:

This recent swap is one of the best examples of the different ways that assorted owners look at multiple major-player swaps (especially at this somewhat slow time in relation to NFL-based dynasty match-up action on the fantasy field of honor). It is fairly obvious that player-to-player comparisons can identify which owner is apparently getting "more value in terms of player performance/contributions", both from the recent past/present/short-term future perspective .  .  .  . but what is sometimes missing (and ARODIN has indeed attempted here to provide additional info/data) is a qualitative consideration of ownership objectives including a 2018 emphasis versus a longer term window of consideration. The inclusion of RB Mixon and a highly regarded young QB going to Team B could swing the outcome of this trade even as early as the middle of the current NFL 2018 season schedule this fall, and I've got to complement the owners of Teams A & B who successfully put this multi-player exchange together, without having to consider adding a draft pick or two on one or both sides of this swap.

And as far as my preference for which side I favor in this dynasty trade, I am in the column favoring Team B's roster additions (with my vote being "somewhat" influenced by the swing in years of future contributions the ages of his new players are bring to his roster). Thanks for permitting me to present a longer than normal commentary than that which other owners tend to post herein. :thumbup:

While true and I think it's a fair trade and I could see a scernio were I take team B over A but is the bold really that true...yeah huge difference between manning and mahomes but it is only a 1 QB start league so good chance mahomes isn't going to be his only QB plus while he has looked good in his brief opportunities I think it's a little crazy to think mahomes is a for sure rosterable QB in a start 1 league. Tate is older then Parker but at least Tate will score points so I don't think the difference of age matters much. Then the other 4 pieces in deal are all very young so not much youth gained there

Just for the record:

Three position players going to Team A will have a total age of 82 years when NFL kicks off in September 2018 (range is 26 to 30 - Tate will be 30, other two 26 each)

Three position players going to Team B will have a total age of 72 years when NFL kicks off in September 2018 (range is 22 to 25 - Mixon will be 22, other two 25 each)

In my eyes, age gap for the QBs involved is: Mahomes will be 22 on September17th, while Eli will be 37 (4 months shy of his 38th birthday). A gap of almost 16 years for a single player - with it being a/the QB on a NFL or dynasty team is not something to treat as anything but a significant factor in this and any other similar trade. Let's face it - consistent winning teams in the NFL and/or dynasty are traditionally led by a/the starting QB. Yes, you could make a case where a/the QB isn't occasionally the star/leading scorer, but for a span of games/seasons give me a QB who I can count on being the most consistent contributor to my teams' scoring total for any week(s) and/or season(s). I don't believe Team B makes this swap without Mahomes being part of the package. Team A was not in pursuit of Eli for the 2018 season to clinch this deal.

Bfrahm3 - thanks for taking the time to reply to my posting and GL with all your teams. :thumbup:

• Like 1