What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (24 Viewers)

For the record on 1.01. I offered Melvin Gordin, Jordan Reed and a random late 1st round guy from 2017, (I forget who) and got denied pretty easily.

12 team, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex. No PPR for RB, 0.5 for WR and TE

gave: Hunt, Graham and 3.11 rookie

got: 1.02, 2.02 and M Williams LAC

i love Guice, and I should get a good rookie at 2.02 plus Williams is worth a flier. My team is solid (finished 2nd and 1st the past two years) and want to keep adding youth to my roster

One More Rep said:
That is a nice return and I still prefer 1.1
Is it a player valuation issue (ie not an ar15 believer) or do you just think a player like Barkley is that winning 500million powerball ticket? I was ready to dig in until draft time but figured no one was going to beat that. How much more would you have needed- or would you not consider moving the 1.01? Or do you usually side with the best overall piece of a trade? I’m just curious as to what your thinking is. 

12 team, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex. No PPR for RB, 0.5 for WR and TE

gave: Hunt, Graham and 3.11 rookie

got: 1.02, 2.02 and M Williams LAC

i love Guice, and I should get a good rookie at 2.02 plus Williams is worth a flier. My team is solid (finished 2nd and 1st the past two years) and want to keep adding youth to my roster
I like what you got here.

Last edited by a moderator:
FreeBaGeL said:
4-8ppg is a TON.

4ppg is the difference between Golden Tate and Odell Beckham.  8ppg is the difference between Tate and Antonio Brown.

4ppg is the difference between Lamar Miller and Shady McCoy.  8ppg is the difference between Lamar Miller and Zeke.
This trade easily could have been a win-win. If we saw the PPG difference between Kupp vs. the WR he's replacing and Hyde vs. the RB he's replacing then it might make more sense to the outside observers. And I'm probably on an island here, but I like Dixon as a flyer. I think he's still got a shot to be a solid NFL starter with his 3-down ability. So this is a trade that could look good for both teams in 2018 or could even look lopsided if Kupp, Dixon, or Hyde jump a tier or more. But if they were just rotting on the other guy's bench, then that's why it could be a win-win.

Without knowing the roster compositions, I'd say that trade is just about even.

elitzer said:
ok your thoughts.2 qb league.i have rookie  pick 1.1 but it is a devy league and there are 36 players that will be gone already.what are your guys thoughts on me giving aaron jones and 1.1 for Garoppolo, Jimmy SFO QB? my qbs are bortles ,tribisky and whniston

it is ppr dynasty.

my runnings backs are pretty weak but my receivers strong and have 3 top rookie wrs per devy picks.

Mack, Marlon IND RB (R)

Perine, Samaje WAS RB (R)

Ware, Spencer KCC RB (I)

White, James NEP RB
First off, this belongs in the Assistant Coach Subforum.

Secondly, heck no.  

FFPC league, 1.5 PPR for TE

Gave: Jordan Howard, Kelvin Benjamin, Kyle Rudolph, 4.8, 5.8, 7.8

Got: 1.3, 3.6, 4.3

The weakest FFPC team I have, of the 6 leagues, this the only where we missed top 2 finish.. first round of playoffs starting Shepard over Howard (missed Shepard's 30-point outburst by one week!). Felt the whole year like I needed one more true horse and I just don't believe Howard is that in a PPR. Ultimately Howard not a guy I really feel comfortable starting, so wanted to move away from him. KB/Rudy are both depth but again never started either all year. 

I also liked dealing to this team because even if Howard bounces back and KB turns the corner in BUF, I'm not worried about that team being competitive. Rudy is a solid, albeit not sexy, starting TE in the format who should average 12-14 per game depending on QB play - again though I did not see myself starting Rudy over the 1.3/Drake next season. 

Moved really helped with cut-downs. 

Core Post-Trade:

• Cam/Stafford
  • Gordon/Freeman/Drake/Tevin/SEA backs
  • Julio/JuJu/Shepard
  • Kelce
  • 1.3, 1.8, 3.6, 4.3
Other Team Core Post-Trade:

• Bortles
  • Howard/Mack/Gore/CThompson/Powell
  • Hilton/Crabtree/Benjamin/Amendola
  • Rudolph
  • 2.3, 3.3, 4.5, 4.8

I think I take the 1.03 in this deal but I'm not entirely sure.  I have Howard in an FFPC league but he's my RB1 and the rest of my RB's kind of suck which leads to my skepticism about this deal.  Either way since you have good RB's and it clears 3 roster spots, that's pretty huge.  1.03 it is with the thought of Chubb would make me happy.  

Is it a player valuation issue (ie not an ar15 believer) or do you just think a player like Barkley is that winning 500million powerball ticket? I was ready to dig in until draft time but figured no one was going to beat that. How much more would you have needed- or would you not consider moving the 1.01? Or do you usually side with the best overall piece of a trade? I’m just curious as to what your thinking is. 
I guess a little of both. Really high on Barkley and worried about Robinson some. Crowder is decent spot start but can't count on him and not sure what the 1.10 will bring. Just prefer to take what I consider the best and only sure fire piece in the deal. Could end up working for other side or a win/win but, would want what I consider a stud with the picks.

The weakest FFPC team I have, of the 6 leagues, this the only where we missed top 2 finish.. first round of playoffs starting Shepard over Howard (missed Shepard's 30-point outburst by one week!). Felt the whole year like I needed one more true horse and I just don't believe Howard is that in a PPR. Ultimately Howard not a guy I really feel comfortable starting, so wanted to move away from him. KB/Rudy are both depth but again never started either all year. 

I also liked dealing to this team because even if Howard bounces back and KB turns the corner in BUF, I'm not worried about that team being competitive. Rudy is a solid, albeit not sexy, starting TE in the format who should average 12-14 per game depending on QB play - again though I did not see myself starting Rudy over the 1.3/Drake next season. 

Moved really helped with cut-downs. 

Core Post-Trade:

• Cam/Stafford
  • Gordon/Freeman/Drake/Tevin/SEA backs
  • Julio/JuJu/Shepard
  • Kelce
  • 1.3, 1.8, 3.6, 4.3
Other Team Core Post-Trade:

• Bortles
  • Howard/Mack/Gore/CThompson/Powell
  • Hilton/Crabtree/Benjamin/Amendola
  • Rudolph
  • 2.3, 3.3, 4.5, 4.8
I like the pick here. Think you get a better back than Howard with pick 3

Just went down in my primary dynasty league (12-team; 1/2/4/1/F):

Team A gets:  E. Manning, D. Hopkins, K. Allen, G. Tate

Team B gets:  P. Mahomes, M. Evans, D. Parker, J. Mixon

:shock:

12 Tm PPR -  QRRWWWTF  

A gets: Michael Thomas, 1.07

B gets: Corey Davis, Mike Williams, 1.05
Depends on roster room and if I'm competing vs rebuilding but I think the two in the bush will one day collectively be worth more than the one in the hand and the pick upgrade could be nothing or huge. If it goes like last year's draft in most leagues, very significant.

I got this feeling you are surprised and think team A won. Is that correct?

I'm not trying to be a contrarian, but I'd take team B's side.

I got this feeling you are surprised and think team A won. Is that correct?

I'm not trying to be a contrarian, but I'd take team B's side.
Surprised at the number of players and the significance of the names involved mostly. Most of my dynasty leagues, trading is a challenging undertaking even for role players.

Situationally it actually looks like a "win" for both teams.  A has a star-studded lineup and keeps coming up just short.  Clearly wanted the extra firepower.  B has a strong team but aging and needed an infusion of youth, especially at qb.

In terms of "in a vacuum value" I do favor team A's haul, but I could build an argument for either package.  In my case it has mainly to do with having a below-consensus grade on Mixon.

Surprised at the number of players and the significance of the names involved mostly. Most of my dynasty leagues, trading is a challenging undertaking even for role players.

Situationally it actually looks like a "win" for both teams.  A has a star-studded lineup and keeps coming up just short.  Clearly wanted the extra firepower.  B has a strong team but aging and needed an infusion of youth, especially at qb.

In terms of "in a vacuum value" I do favor team A's haul, but I could build an argument for either package.  In my case it has mainly to do with having a below-consensus grade on Mixon.
I'd term it a fair trade, just would prefer side B.  Team B got a group of players I just happen to like and since I like them I'm biased but think they got a good group of players I think it's a good time to buy.

This one is tough. Big Evans fan and drafted mixon high last year in the one league I had a high pick but I think I'd want Team A. manning doesn't do anything for me but Hopkins>Evans, Keenan>Mixon (if it's PPR), Tate>Parker

This recent swap is one of the best examples of the different ways that assorted owners look at multiple major-player swaps (especially at this somewhat slow time in relation to NFL-based dynasty match-up action on the fantasy field of honor). It is fairly obvious that player-to-player comparisons can identify which owner is apparently getting "more value in terms of player performance/contributions", both from the recent past/present/short-term future perspective .  .  .  . but what is sometimes missing (and ARODIN has indeed attempted here to provide additional info/data) is a qualitative consideration of ownership objectives including a 2018 emphasis versus a longer term window of consideration. The inclusion of RB Mixon and a highly regarded young QB going to Team B could swing the outcome of this trade even as early as the middle of the current NFL 2018 season schedule this fall, and I've got to complement the owners of Teams A & B who successfully put this multi-player exchange together, without having to consider adding a draft pick or two on one or both sides of this swap.

And as far as my preference for which side I favor in this dynasty trade, I am in the column favoring Team B's roster additions (with my vote being "somewhat" influenced by the swing in years of future contributions the ages of his new players are bring to his roster). Thanks for permitting me to present a longer than normal commentary than that which other owners tend to post herein. :thumbup:

This recent swap is one of the best examples of the different ways that assorted owners look at multiple major-player swaps (especially at this somewhat slow time in relation to NFL-based dynasty match-up action on the fantasy field of honor). It is fairly obvious that player-to-player comparisons can identify which owner is apparently getting "more value in terms of player performance/contributions", both from the recent past/present/short-term future perspective .  .  .  . but what is sometimes missing (and ARODIN has indeed attempted here to provide additional info/data) is a qualitative consideration of ownership objectives including a 2018 emphasis versus a longer term window of consideration. The inclusion of RB Mixon and a highly regarded young QB going to Team B could swing the outcome of this trade even as early as the middle of the current NFL 2018 season schedule this fall, and I've got to complement the owners of Teams A & B who successfully put this multi-player exchange together, without having to consider adding a draft pick or two on one or both sides of this swap.

And as far as my preference for which side I favor in this dynasty trade, I am in the column favoring Team B's roster additions (with my vote being "somewhat" influenced by the swing in years of future contributions the ages of his new players are bring to his roster). Thanks for permitting me to present a longer than normal commentary than that which other owners tend to post herein. :thumbup:
While true and I think it's a fair trade and I could see a scernio were I take team B over A but is the bold really that true...yeah huge difference between manning and mahomes but it is only a 1 QB start league so good chance mahomes isn't going to be his only QB plus while he has looked good in his brief opportunities I think it's a little crazy to think mahomes is a for sure rosterable QB in a start 1 league. Tate is older then Parker but at least Tate will score points so I don't think the difference of age matters much. Then the other 4 pieces in deal are all very young so not much youth gained there

Just for the record:

Three position players going to Team A will have a total age of 82 years when NFL kicks off in September 2018 (range is 26 to 30 - Tate will be 30, other two 26 each)

Three position players going to Team B will have a total age of 72 years when NFL kicks off in September 2018 (range is 22 to 25 - Mixon will be 22, other two 25 each)

In my eyes, age gap for the QBs involved is: Mahomes will be 22 on September17th, while Eli will be 37 (4 months shy of his 38th birthday). A gap of almost 16 years for a single player - with it being a/the QB on a NFL or dynasty team is not something to treat as anything but a significant factor in this and any other similar trade. Let's face it - consistent winning teams in the NFL and/or dynasty are traditionally led by a/the starting QB. Yes, you could make a case where a/the QB isn't occasionally the star/leading scorer, but for a span of games/seasons give me a QB who I can count on being the most consistent contributor to my teams' scoring total for any week(s) and/or season(s). I don't believe Team B makes this swap without Mahomes being part of the package. Team A was not in pursuit of Eli for the 2018 season to clinch this deal.

Bfrahm3 - thanks for taking the time to reply to my posting and GL with all your teams. :thumbup:

I don't believe Team B makes this swap without Mahomes being part of the package. Team A was not in pursuit of Eli for the 2018 season to clinch this deal.
100% agree with this

just think giving up 3 skill players that are most likely going to score more points for at least the next 2 years as long as everyone is healthy then the 3 he got back is a big price for a QB that hasn't really shown (hasn't really gotten the chance yet) whether he is the real deal.

If it's a league where almost all QBs are rostered though and the guy has a Brady or Brees as starter right now and wants to take a shot at having a guy in a year or two to replace them then I don't blame them since I do like Evans and Mixon.

Bfrahm3 - Exactly my thinking. In one of my FFPC dynos this year I had Stafford & Smith as my QBs, and used a scare roster slot to carry Mahomes for both the future and in case anything happened this year. In a bunch of other dynasties where roster spots weren't as scare, I drafted Mahomes for the future since I owned Brady or Brees or Smith in those leagues. I didn't lose any of my QBs in any of my leagues this season - which is not a common happening - except Luck never made it to the starting line in, and I happen to have Keenum as his back-up from the 2016 situation in Indy, so I "lucked out" having Keenum there and in another league as well. Not too many seasons when one doesn't lose even a single starting player at a specific position (bye weeks don't count of course). This year it was QB & PK & DST for me, I did lose at the other skill positions however.

Finally, I luv Evans and Mixon, but only was lucky to draft 1 piece of Mixon and none of Evans over the past seasons. Carry on, matey!

100% agree with this

just think giving up 3 skill players that are most likely going to score more points for at least the next 2 years as long as everyone is healthy then the 3 he got back is a big price for a QB that hasn't really shown (hasn't really gotten the chance yet) whether he is the real deal.
This time last year you'd likely not been able to package  Allen and Hopkins toghether for Evans so I can't make that kind of assumption.

I think Team B just acquired 4 buy low players and sold two players at peak value and got rid of Tate just in time.

100% agree with this

If it's a league where almost all QBs are rostered though and the guy has a Brady or Brees as starter right now and wants to take a shot at having a guy in a year or two to replace them then I don't blame them since I do like Evans and Mixon.
Since this trade produced so much good analysis and chatter...

It is a start-one qb league but they tend to be horded because roster sizes are large.  The only meaningful qb currently on the wire is McCown, so you can't snag starters for streaming with regularity.  The team getting Mahomes has been rolling with Brees and Eli and got younger.  The team dealing Mahomes had Rodgers and Smith.

Users who are viewing this thread