What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

I have no problem with 2.02 for Miller. I’m not high on Trubisky as he has accuracy issues, plays in the tundra and Miller was ancient for a rookie. Swapping an upside 25 year old for an upside 22 year old rookie is fine business. 

What's wrong with his current situation?  Trubisky is a good young QB and I don't see Allen Robinson as a future vulture.  Robinson doesn't scare anyone.   I think Miller will be their #1 WR soon.
Based on what? Statements like this just seem like wishful thinking or an attempt to get out ahead of the curve before a prospect blows up. Miller had a decent rookie season, with a handful of fantasy relevant games mid-season, but he in no way lived up to his pre-season hype. I recall there was a week or two around training camp where it was trendy to say he was the best WR in the draft class, because he looked ok in a couple of practices. If you'd sold him then, you would have been able to cash out for more than what you would get for him now. 

Robinson didn't have an awesome year but he improved as the season went on. I don't see any reason to think that he will take a back seat to Miller in the offense next year. At most, maybe the split between the two becomes more even? I'm just not sure what he showed that would make anyone think he's more than a complementary piece in an offense. 

Yeah but that doesn't say anything about your point of moving a guy for what you paid for him.

I would agree I wouldn't move a guy for what I paid if the consensus was that his value had increased, but Miller's really hasn't.  It has at best held constant as a lot of the momentum he had in dynasty trade circles from last offseason has worn off.

I think a lot of people that were caught up in that momentum have cooled on him so getting out for what you paid is a pretty reasonable path in that scenario.

Personally I could see Miller following a kind of Sterling Shepard value path as an up and down #2 option on a medium-low volume passing offense where he keeps putting up decent numbers but just consistently bleeds more and more trade value as time goes on.
Agreed. And if someone (like me) doesn't think Miller will ascend to a value higher than late 1st or early 2nd, then selling him for ~the same price as they paid is really not a bad move. It isn't a wasted pick, it is just kicking the value down the road a season. No biggie. At least it is a second dart throw instead of a year of sitting on your bench. Obviously if he emerges as a stud then it would have been bad, but his early 2nd value could still drop, too. Breaking even with a freeroll to land a better prospect next year. 

RushHour said:
Based on what? Statements like this just seem like wishful thinking or an attempt to get out ahead of the curve before a prospect blows up. Miller had a decent rookie season, with a handful of fantasy relevant games mid-season, but he in no way lived up to his pre-season hype. I recall there was a week or two around training camp where it was trendy to say he was the best WR in the draft class, because he looked ok in a couple of practices. If you'd sold him then, you would have been able to cash out for more than what you would get for him now. 

Robinson didn't have an awesome year but he improved as the season went on. I don't see any reason to think that he will take a back seat to Miller in the offense next year. At most, maybe the split between the two becomes more even? I'm just not sure what he showed that would make anyone think he's more than a complementary piece in an offense. 
I think the big disconnect on how a lot of you view Miller vs the way myself and I think JohhnyU views him is I'm guessing most of you don't think playing with his shoulder was a big issue. I'm not trying to say that in a condescending way either. Speaking for myself I think it was a major issue to overcome.  So I  won't argue the play on the field lived up to the hype, I would however argue any WR suffering a severe separated shoulder would  also not live up to the hype. Again, goes back to how much you think the injury did or did not impact him.

I still think Robinson is the likely #1 for next year at least and volume of passes to WR's and Trubisky remain issues and due to that I've both argued for Millers future prospects but also fully understand why someone would want to move him for 2.2. I would just say again  I don't think his injury gave him a fighting chance to live up to the hype and I expect a markedly improved player next year but more along the lines of a solid WR3 for now and as @edgar pointed out if someone wanted to cash in that chip for a younger prospect that makes sense to me.

FPC

Coleman, Tevin 
Henry, Derrick 
Kittle, George 
Callaway, Antonio 

For

Allen, Keenan 
Johnson, David
Thomas, Ian (TE)
2019 2.05 & 3.05

RushHour said:

It may not happen in 2019 but eventually Miller will overtake Robinson as their #1, who I've never been all that high on.  Miller's rookie year was decent for what happened with his injury and I know he has the chops to be better than Allen Robinson.

10 team 1.0 PPR Dynasty

Team A gave: Alex Collins, 1.08

Team B gave: Derrius Guice
Huh? Is this trade from last year, right afte Guice got hurt and before Alex Collins was phased out as their primary RB? Collins doesn’t even factor into the trade for me. It’s Guice for 1.08.

If you held on to Guice for this long, why would you sell him so low now? Is there some horrible recent news I have heard about? Was he run over by a truck? Even so, Guice. 

FPC

Coleman, Tevin 
Henry, Derrick 
Kittle, George 
Callaway, Antonio 

For

Allen, Keenan 
Johnson, David
Thomas, Ian (TE)
2019 2.05 & 3.05
This is a weird one in my head.  Kittle himself is probably even with Keenan Allen in FFPC and then the other 3 in the Kittle group are basically droppable in FFPC format, other than Henry who isn't nearly as valuable since its full ppr.  Keenan Allen side rather easily.  I'm a big Ian Thomas fan, plus picks and DJ who should be improved this year?  Yeah that side.  

Not involved. Standard 12 team PPR. Not TE premium.

Team A gave Le'veon Bell

Team B gave George Kittle

Last edited by a moderator:
FPC

Coleman, Tevin 
Henry, Derrick 
Kittle, George 
Callaway, Antonio 

For

Allen, Keenan 
Johnson, David
Thomas, Ian (TE)
2019 2.05 & 3.05
Pretty even deal right now. Got players on both sides of this deal I for sure would not be out trying to buy right now at their price but I'd take the Kittle side in a close call.

FPC

Coleman, Tevin 
Henry, Derrick 
Kittle, George 
Callaway, Antonio 

For

Allen, Keenan 
Johnson, David
Thomas, Ian (TE)
2019 2.05 & 3.05
FPC is TE bonus isn't it? Kittle & Henry pretty easily if that's the case (and I like Thomas a lot as a potential TE flyer.) I want no part of DJ, especially with the Kingsbury hire.

Huh? Is this trade from last year, right afte Guice got hurt and before Alex Collins was phased out as their primary RB? Collins doesn’t even factor into the trade for me. It’s Guice for 1.08.

If you held on to Guice for this long, why would you sell him so low now? Is there some horrible recent news I have heard about? Was he run over by a truck? Even so, Guice. 
I got Guice. Recently. Surprised me for sure.

Pretty even deal right now. Got players on both sides of this deal I for sure would not be out trying to buy right now at their price but I'd take the Kittle side in a close call.
Thanks, thats pretty much how i saw it; i was the Allen\DJ side and I think it is pretty close. I owned Henry in 5 out of 6 fpc lgs, i am pretty high on Thomas and roster cut to 16 all played into it as well.

Guys I know this is for completed trades, but this is so big would love to get thoughts before I potentially makes this trade if you'll allow this once 

Give: Zeke

Get: Mike Thomas & 1.12 

12 team PPR dynasty league 

Guys I know this is for completed trades, but this is so big would love to get thoughts before I potentially makes this trade if you'll allow this once 

Thomas side.  It's even without the pick. 

I posted a completed trade a few days ago  I was not involved that was Zeke for Thomas and a 2020#2.  One of the comments someone made to that trade was something along the lines of despite how high they are on Thomas that Zeke is a 3 down difference making RB and they preferred Zeke, something like that. Anyway that was my thought on that trade and it applies here again. Elliot is a bigger difference maker and the pick does not quite even that up to me.  All that being said that's me and how I view things, I tend to think the consensus opinion would average somewhere to fair to slightly Elliot but close either way.

Zeke by quite a bit.  Everydown stud RBs are rare and carry FF teams.

ILUVBEER99 said:
Zeke by quite a bit.  Everydown stud RBs are rare and carry FF teams.
I would argue that locked in #1 WRs who have elite QBs are also rare and carry fantasy teams.  WRs have longer careers and get injured less frequently too, so you can reasonably expect Thomas to hold his value for longer than Zeke even though he is 2 years older.

Elliott scored 331 PPR points this year.  Thomas scored 319.  I'm not giving up taking a shot at whatever stud WR from this deep WR class is sitting there at 1.12 so that I can change what position my stud player plays to a less advantageous (long term) position.

So I made the trade and hope I did the right move. 12 team PPR 

gave: Zeke, Riddick, Kelvin Benjamin, 3.7

got: Michael Thomas, 1.12, 2.12, Gio Bernard

Uodated Roster:

Newton, Trubisky, Dalton

CMC, Guice, Lindsay, AP, Gio, Dion Lewis

Thomas, Cooks, Godwin, Golladay, Kirk, Kirkwood, Quinn, Chad Williams, Treadwell

Howard, Rudolph, Shaheen

Picks 1.7, 1.12, 2.2, 2.7, 2.12

So I made the trade and hope I did the right move. 12 team PPR 

gave: Zeke, Riddick, Kelvin Benjamin, 3.7

got: Michael Thomas, 1.12, 2.12, Gio Bernard

Uodated Roster:

Newton, Trubisky, Dalton

CMC, Guice, Lindsay, AP, Gio, Dion Lewis

Thomas, Cooks, Godwin, Golladay, Kirk, Kirkwood, Quinn, Chad Williams, Treadwell

Howard, Rudolph, Shaheen

Picks 1.7, 1.12, 2.2, 2.7, 2.12
Thomas side :)

I would argue that locked in #1 WRs who have elite QBs are also rare and carry fantasy teams.  WRs have longer careers and get injured less frequently too, so you can reasonably expect Thomas to hold his value for longer than Zeke even though he is 2 years older.

Elliott scored 331 PPR points this year.  Thomas scored 319.  I'm not giving up taking a shot at whatever stud WR from this deep WR class is sitting there at 1.12 so that I can change what position my stud player plays to a less advantageous (long term) position.
Yes but what happens when Brees retires?   

Yes but what happens when Brees retires?   
I guess we don't know.  You could also ask what happens when the Cowboys Oline isn't as good, or when Zeke reaches the 1800 carry mark (or however many touches that make us get concerned about career workload) by the time he is 26.

12 team PPR

Team A got: Lamar Jackson, Jordan Howard, Hayden Hurst and (2) 2019 1sts

Team B got: Derrius Guice, Duke Johnson, Austin Hooper, 2019 2nd and (2) 2019 4th

12 team PPR

Team B got: Derrius Guice, Duke Johnson, Austin Hooper, 2019 2nd and (2) 2019 4th
I am taking Howard and 1sts all day every day.

12 team PPR

Guice was worth one first a year ago.  He certainly isn’t worth two now, plus Howard on top.  Hooper doesn’t balance that out even if this was TE premium, which it isn’t stated to be.

I guess we don't know.  You could also ask what happens when the Cowboys Oline isn't as good, or when Zeke reaches the 1800 carry mark (or however many touches that make us get concerned about career workload) by the time he is 26.
Your point stands but the Cowboys OL was pretty average overall and at times bad this year.

Guice was worth one first a year ago.  He certainly isn’t worth two now, plus Howard on top.  Hooper doesn’t balance that out even if this was TE premium, which it isn’t stated to be.
Let's be clear.  Guice was worth the 1.02 a year ago.  And since then the new draft class is only worse with none in his caliber.  Guice is easily worth 2 1sts in my book.  The 4 and 6 picks aren't bad at all and I can see both sides since I hate almost every player in that deal other than Guice.  

On another note, why all the deals with Zeke being traded away?  Have I missed some update on him in the last week or something?  I mean I get it that he isn't as flashy as Barkley but he's still undeniably a top5 dynasty RB.  

On another note, why all the deals with Zeke being traded away?  Have I missed some update on him in the last week or something?  I mean I get it that he isn't as flashy as Barkley but he's still undeniably a top5 dynasty RB.  
I only did it because I didn't feel I had a true #1 stud WR (Cooks has too many #2 type of weeks) so felt moving him and throw-ins for Michael Thomas, Gio, 1.12, and 2.12 was a good return. As far as I know, there is nothing wrong with that big Ewok ;)

14 team PPR

A:  Aaron Jones

B:  Tyler Boyd and Royce Freeman
Interesting.  I like both Jones and Freeman quite a bit.  Many are quick to label Royce a bust already, but I think that's extremely premature.  He actually had a pretty solid rookie year.  

I'll take the Royce side with Boyd, very slightly.

And another FFPC deal that I'm not in.  

Team A got:  Alshon Jeffery

Team B got:  1.12, Alex Collins, 2020 2nd

He sent me a bunch of offers to give me Jeffery but he's just not a guy I'd want to buy.  So he got a deal from someone else.  

This just went down, not involved.  Both teams missed the playoffs last year:

Team A got: Mixon, Diggs, Vance McDonald, 2019 3rd, 2020 2nd

Team B got: Elliott, Matt Ryan, 2020 1st (highly likely to be top 4)

Team A just bought this orphan and said he wanted to deal.  I offered up Guice, Fuller, and 2020 1st for Elliott yesterday more than willing to negotiate.  

He laughed at me for asking, then does this. 

This just went down, not involved.  Both teams missed the playoffs last year:

Team A got: Mixon, Diggs, Vance McDonald, 2019 3rd, 2020 2nd

Team B got: Elliott, Matt Ryan, 2020 1st (highly likely to be top 4)

Team A just bought this orphan and said he wanted to deal.  I offered up Guice, Fuller, and 2020 1st for Elliott yesterday more than willing to negotiate.  

He laughed at me for asking, then does this. 
Elliott rather easily for me.  I like Mixon and Diggs enough but I don't think they're difference makers, more of solid #2 options than anything else.  Plus I'm pick obsessed so a top4 pick in 2020 is a cherry on top.  

Users who are viewing this thread