Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Gottabesweet

****OFFICIAL 2020 OFF-SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

4 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Counterpoint: Because it's not fun and it feels dirty.

Money on the line or no? If so how much?

Just now, ghostguy123 said:

Money on the line or no? If so how much?

Either way. 

To be clear, I'm not passing judgement at all on FFB players like yourself that think otherwise. Honestly.

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Either way. 

To be clear, I'm not passing judgement at all on FFB players like yourself that think otherwise. Honestly.

Sorry.  Money on the line or no money makes a difference.  Makes ALL the difference.  

Its fantasy football.  You never meet the guy.  The guy gets none of your money.  You are not supporting him in any way.  Nothing changes in his life whether or not you or anyone rosters him.  

And sorry to burst your bubble, but if you really feel that way you shouldn't play FF at all.  There are quite a few guys you currently root for that you would have to cut if everything they have ever done came to light.  

21 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Sorry.  Money on the line or no money makes a difference.  Makes ALL the difference.  

Its fantasy football.  You never meet the guy.  The guy gets none of your money.  You are not supporting him in any way.  Nothing changes in his life whether or not you or anyone rosters him.  

And sorry to burst your bubble, but if you really feel that way you shouldn't play FF at all.  There are quite a few guys you currently root for that you would have to cut if everything they have ever done came to light.  

I tried to be nice in my response and you come back with this.

You're something else.

I guess I can see why the Gurley owner was so eager to offload him now 😁

I'm on the train that he isn't done, but will see reduced workload. I'm planning to get Henderson in the draft (would like to trade down a little because I think 1.08 is too early for him), and I've already got Malcolm Brown and John Kelly, so I kind of saw this as locking down the Rams backfield. I've also got Christian McCaffrey and Joe MIxon at RB and can start up to 3, so I think I'll be decently positioned.

I also really didn't want to have to make the call at 1.01 on who to take, not sold on anyone in this draft, but do like the depth/opportunity.

12 team SF ppr

Trade I just completed

I gave 1.02

I got 1.04 and Jordan Howard

Not the greatest return but I am not high on Jacobs at all and have him, Harry, Montgomery and Sanders all in the same range with Harry having the advantage. I don’t need WR as much as RB so moving back for anything is good since I would probably still make the same pick

2 minutes ago, gabes1919 said:

12 team SF ppr

Trade I just completed

I gave 1.02

Not the greatest return but I am not high on Jacobs at all and have him, Harry, Montgomery and Sanders all in the same range with Harry having the advantage. I don’t need WR as much as RB so moving back for anything is good since I would probably still make the same pick

When is your draft? If its today then fine.

If it's at the end of August, I hate this for you.

1 hour ago, ghostguy123 said:

When is your draft? If its today then fine.

Tomorrow 

Can remove the August disclaimer for me.

Who is your clear#2?

Not at liberty to say right now but what I don't mind saying is Josh Jacobs is tier one and tier 2 is made up of two players. Inside that second tier of two I do have a slight preference but would not call it clear cut yet, still processing information.

So moving from 2 to 3 is not nearly as bad as 2 to 4 for me but if Jordan Howard is all I get back, who I know for sure at best I would not even look at until round 3 at best, I'd just hold onto 2. I realize his draft is tomorrow but if I'm settling for Jordan Howard I'm going to wait that extra day even if I saw no difference between 2 and 4, which I do.

1 minute ago, menobrown said:

Not at liberty to say right now but what I don't mind saying is Josh Jacobs is tier one and tier 2 is made up of two players. Inside that second tier of two I do have a slight preference but would not call it clear cut yet, still processing information.

So moving from 2 to 3 is not nearly as bad as 2 to 4 for me but if Jordan Howard is all I get back, who I know for sure at best I would not even look at until round 3 at best, I'd just hold onto 2. I realize his draft is tomorrow but if I'm settling for Jordan Howard I'm going to wait that extra day even if I saw no difference between 2 and 4, which I do.

All well and fine, but he odds that your top 3 are the same as the people drafting ahead of you is slim to none right now if the draft is tomorrow.

I still dont make the deal cause Howard is meh, just saying this is a terrible deal in August but right now it just kinda bad

2 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

All well and fine, but he odds that your top 3 are the same as the people drafting ahead of you is slim to none right now if the draft is tomorrow.

I would be willing to bet the bolded is not the case. Have spoke with 3 different people today privately who all have the same top 3. Unlesss this is superflex or something what  you label as slim to none I label as likely.

24 minutes ago, menobrown said:

My top 3 personally are Murray, Harry, Sanders, Jacobs since if superflex. I know Murray will not fall based on the 1.01 holder only having 1 qb, I am very, very needy at RB so I would’ve probably ended up picking for need instead of best player available. Howard isn’t the greatest return but as I said, I get to pick within my tier break and probably get the guy I wanted all along while getting something extra. I’m not unhappy with it but I get  what you all are saying about lost value, I agree

1 minute ago, gabes1919 said:

My top 3 personally are Murray, Harry, Sanders, Jacobs since if superflex. I know Murray will not fall based on the 1.01 holder only having 1 qb, I am very, very needy at RB so I would’ve probably ended up picking for need instead of best player available. Howard isn’t the greatest return but as I said, I get to pick within my tier break and probably get the guy I wanted all along while getting something extra. I’m not unhappy with it but I get  what you all are saying about lost value, I agree

My mistake, I was not aware it was superflex. That does change things. I'd still have wanted more but if you get Sanders and Howard pairing that could work out for you.

On 4/27/2019 at 4:53 PM, Dr. Octopus said:

If he said Jacobs might not even get third down work wouldn’t he be the one getting 1st and 2nd? Jalen Richard did very well in the third down role last season - he may cede more work to Jacobs now but he’s surely a threat to third down work.

Oops.  I totally misread that.  I thought he was saying by not getting 3rd down work, he might get no work at all.  Bygones  Carry on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gabes1919 said:

12 team SF ppr

Trade I just completed

I gave 1.02

1.02 (Jacobs) all day here. I've been lower on Jacobs than most and I'd really prefer Jacobs by a mile here.  Harry isn't a horrible consolation though, or Haskins could be there. 

Edited by kittenmittens

Just bought T. Hill for a 2020 3rd. Might be stupid, but I can look back over the last 15-20 years of playing dynasty and I'd say my "hit" rate on 3rd rounders is average if not poor. Figured it was worth a wait in case this POS does get to play again a year from now. 

12 Team PPR: Start 3 RB & 3 WR

Gave: 1.2, 1.5, Godwin

Got: Adams, 2.9

Still have 1.7, 1.8, 1.11

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Marauder said:

FFPC Superflex

Gave: Derrick Henry, 2.03, 4.04

Got:  James Conner

Maybe in the minority, but I'd take the Henry side

• Like 1

FFPC

Pick 5 and a 2020 3rd (probable non playoff team)

For

2020 1st and 2nd (probable playoff team both picks)

Edited by ghostguy123

2 hours ago, Marauder said:

FFPC Superflex

Gave: Derrick Henry, 2.03, 4.04

Got:  James Conner

Conner easy, good win for you.

• Like 2

PPR, 6pt per TD league

Sent:  

Cam Newton, CJ Anderson, Dontrell Hillard, 4.12, 6.12, rookie picks  

Got: 

Jared Goff, Chris Herndon, Chase Edmonds, 3.1 rookie pick. 

Our draft started Tuesday and that has brought on a slew of trades within 24 hours of the draft. The second trade on were I posted already but I will update these trades with selections where they’ve happened

Team A gets Hopkins

Team B gets 1.04 (traded later), 1.12 (traded later), and R Woods

Team B gets 1.02 (selects Harry)

Team C gets 1.04 (selects Sanders) and J Howard

Team A gets 1.05 (selects Haskins)

Team D gets D Williams

Team B gets 1.06 (selects Montgomery) and R Foster

Team E gets 1.12, 2.12, 2020 2nd, 2020, 2020 3rd

Team F gets 2.08 and 2020 1st

Team G gets 1.07 (selects D Samuel)

Team F gets 2.07 and 2020 1st

Team H gets 1.09 (selects Butler) and 3.05

The trade for Hopkins is terrible, everyone in the league panned it. Team B’s team is in really really bad shape and not close to winning at all but he didn’t shop around and made a bad trade. Team F started with the 1.01, 1.03, 1.07, and 1.09 and now has Murray, Jacobs, and three 2020 1sts. He earned the 1.01 last year but has made some smart moves for the future

2 hours ago, gabes1919 said:

Our draft started Tuesday and that has brought on a slew of trades within 24 hours of the draft. The second trade on were I posted already but I will update these trades with selections where they’ve happened

Team A gets Hopkins

Team B gets 1.04 (traded later), 1.12 (traded later), and R Woods

Team B gets 1.02 (selects Harry)

Team C gets 1.04 (selects Sanders) and J Howard

Team A gets 1.05 (selects Haskins)

Team D gets D Williams

Team B gets 1.06 (selects Montgomery) and R Foster

Team E gets 1.12, 2.12, 2020 2nd, 2020, 2020 3rd

Team F gets 2.08 and 2020 1st

Team G gets 1.07 (selects D Samuel)

Team F gets 2.07 and 2020 1st

Team H gets 1.09 (selects Butler) and 3.05

The trade for Hopkins is terrible, everyone in the league panned it. Team B’s team is in really really bad shape and not close to winning at all but he didn’t shop around and made a bad trade. Team F started with the 1.01, 1.03, 1.07, and 1.09 and now has Murray, Jacobs, and three 2020 1sts. He earned the 1.01 last year but has made some smart moves for the future

That Hopkins trade is brutal lol 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

FFPC

Pick 5 and a 2020 3rd (probable non playoff team)

For

2020 1st and 2nd (probable playoff team both picks)

Similar deal:

Traded DK Metcalf (taken with pick 6) and 2020 3rd (midrange)

for

2020 1st and 2nd (likely playoff team)

Also traded the 14th pick (2.02)

for

the 30th (3.02) and 2020 2nd (likely early, guess top 3~4)

54 minutes ago, Buckna said:

Similar deal:

Traded DK Metcalf (taken with pick 6) and 2020 3rd (midrange)

for

2020 1st and 2nd (likely playoff team)

Also traded the 14th pick (2.02)

for

the 30th (3.02) and 2020 2nd (likely early, guess top 3~4)

Seems like moving out of 1.6 for a future 1/2 is the way to go?

1.6 next year > this year? 

Assuming Harry/Jacobs/Sanders are 1-3

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

That Hopkins trade is brutal lol 

I don't think it is that bad. Woods was the number 11 Wr in ppr last year. Plus the 2 picks I think it is good.  Those picks can be David Montgomery and one of- Marquise Brown, one of the TE's, Hardman. Thats not bad especially if you need to rebuild. 

• Like 1

12 team .5 PPR

Team A gets: 1.02 (Miles Sanders), David Njoku, 2020 2nd, 2020 3rd

Team B gets: Stefon Diggs, Vance McDonald 

Team A is young and talented but maybe a year away.  Team B is defending champion

53 minutes ago, Ratbone said:

I don't think it is that bad. Woods was the number 11 Wr in ppr last year. Plus the 2 picks I think it is good.  Those picks can be David Montgomery and one of- Marquise Brown, one of the TE's, Hardman. Thats not bad especially if you need to rebuild. 

I am thinking 1.04, 1.12 and Woods is a fair deal, sure prefer higher picks or better/younger WR but you take best from situation, not brutal trade IMO 

7 minutes ago, Raback said:

12 team .5 PPR

Team A is young and talented but maybe a year away.  Team B is defending champion

Diggs for me. Don’t see Sanders or Njoku becoming reliable FF starters.

21 minutes ago, Raback said:

12 team .5 PPR

Like side getting  Sanders side in PPR and that positive feeling only gets stronger in half PPR.  Would have given Diggs/Vance for this even without the picks.

1 hour ago, Ratbone said:

If that's what I got back for Hopkins I'm sure holding. If I'm rebuilding and wanting to deal Hopkins to facilitate it I need some 2020#1's and/or a top 3 pick in this draft.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

If that's what I got back for Hopkins I'm sure holding. If I'm rebuilding and wanting to deal Hopkins to facilitate it I need some 2020#1's and/or a top 3 pick in this draft.

Rookie fever absolutely kicked in for that guy. His roster was real bad but despite that, he should’ve held or shopped for more value because what he got will only make him mediocre at best this year. That’s not how you rebuild

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gabes1919 said:

Rookie fever absolutely kicked in for that guy. His roster was real bad but despite that, he should’ve held or shopped for more value because what he got will only make him mediocre at best this year. That’s not how you rebuild

Agreed.  I'm not really a big fan of this draft outside of a couple guys, and he didn't even secure a Top 3 pick.  Throw me in a 2020 1st and we can talk.  But to me, that doesn't move the needle enough for arguably(it may not even be an argument) the top ranked dynasty WR asset.

A couple from an early draft:

Team A gives Jacobs (taken 1.1), Corey Davis and Sammy Watkins.  Team B gets Mike Evans.

Elsewhere, Team C gives 1.9 and 1.10 for a 2020 1st, a 2021 1st and some irrelevant lesser picks.

7 minutes ago, Arodin said:

A couple from an early draft:

Team A gives Jacobs (taken 1.1), Corey Davis and Sammy Watkins.  Team B gets Mike Evans.

Elsewhere, Team C gives 1.9 and 1.10 for a 2020 1st, a 2021 1st and some irrelevant lesser picks.

Evans.

Gamble on the future picks. 

8 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

Seems like moving out of 1.6 for a future 1/2 is the way to go?

1.6 next year > this year? 

Assuming Harry/Jacobs/Sanders are 1-3

I offered up the 1.6 when it was on the clock and no one wanted it. I like Metcalf and might have kept him but my team in this league still needs a lot more help. In this case, as we got into the early 2nd round I sent the offer to an owner who I know spent the 1.3 on Metcalf in another league and we haggled back and forth a little bit.

20 minutes ago, deadlyrange0321 said:

12 team PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLEX

Team A trades:

Pick 2.01

Team B trades:

Rashaad Penny

super cheap for Penny 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

super cheap for Penny 

Agreed. He was a mid-high first last year. No reason to sell him so cheaply now.

10 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

super cheap for Penny 

What would you say he is worth in picks?  I think this is about right. He is one of the most offered players I have seen this offseason. But the owners want way too much back.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ratbone said:

What would you say he is worth in picks?  I think this is about right. He is one of the most offered players I have seen this offseason. But the owners want way too much back.  

Who are you getting at 2.01 this rookie draft that is a better bet than Penny?  Nobody.

• Like 1

12 Team 2 QB Start, NO PPR  Dynasty- 

Team A gets - 1.12 & 2.4 

Team B gets- J Allen (QB) 

Team B only has Marriota at QB- lost Alex Smith & Tannehill -Traded Brady for pick 1.12

16 minutes ago, SleepyIDP said:

12 Team 2 QB Start, NO PPR  Dynasty- 

Team A gets - 1.12 & 2.4 

Team B gets- J Allen (QB) 

Team B only has Marriota at QB- lost Alex Smith & Tannehill -Traded Brady for pick 1.12

In Superflex? Allen, easy. 

9 hours ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

Who are you getting at 2.01 this rookie draft that is a better bet than Penny?  Nobody.

I don't know that any of those guys are better. But there are some good players available. In my recent ppr draft M. Brown went at 1.12, then  2.1 or later were both TE's, Hardman, Samuels, Murray, Whiteside.  I am saying that he had a chance and didn't do anything. It is not unreasonable to take a chance on one of these guys over him. But he is probably one of those players that has way more value to the team holding them than to a team trading for him.