What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

I’m going to guess that Team A is a terrible team, because I can’t fathom a solid owner parting with the 18th pick for Vance McDonald.
Team A definitely operates in a different universe of player valuation that most of the fantasy world.  The one mitigating factor is he had 5 (yes 5) 2nd rounders in the 2019 rookie draft.  Owner getting 2.8 has Kelce, Rudolph and Graham so he could afford to part with a depth TE like Vance.

Team A definitely operates in a different universe of player valuation that most of the fantasy world.  The one mitigating factor is he had 5 (yes 5) 2nd rounders in the 2019 rookie draft.  Owner getting 2.8 has Kelce, Rudolph and Graham so he could afford to part with a depth TE like Vance.
Seemed as such.

As for the other owner, even if Vance McDonald is your only TE and you’re the clear league favorite due to having elite QB/RB/WR, you trade Vance McDonald for the #18 rookie pick every time.  

Seemed as such.

As for the other owner, even if Vance McDonald is your only TE and you’re the clear league favorite due to having elite QB/RB/WR, you trade Vance McDonald for the #18 rookie pick every time.  
That was my thought too, especially since the owner receiving 2.8 is down his 2019 1st.  Having two seconds alleviates that sting somewhat.  

I’m going to guess that Team A is a terrible team, because I can’t fathom a solid owner parting with the 18th pick for Vance McDonald.
I dont think its really all that far off.  With both AB and Jesse James out in Pittsburgh, should be more targets for Vance, and he is not a bad player.  I think he is a nice under the radar buy candidate right now.  18th pick is a dart throw.  Seems ok to me.

deadlyrange0321 said:
12 team PPR 1QB/1RB/2WR/1TE/2FLEX

Team A trades:

Team B trades:

Love the move for guy getting 8 and 11, that's right where my targets are.  And hey if you've got someone at 3 then it's a good move on both sides.

I dont think its really all that far off.  With both AB and Jesse James out in Pittsburgh, should be more targets for Vance, and he is not a bad player.  I think he is a nice under the radar buy candidate right now.  18th pick is a dart throw.  Seems ok to me.
I disagree but it seems as if a lot of people are buying into (or at least pitching) this concept.  I have received more offers of people trying to sell McDonald than any other player.  And I've been shocked at the value that his owners are placing on him.  I haven't been willing to pay that price yet but there's apparently a Vance fanclub out there advancing the notion that he's got a ton of value right now.

12 Team "Quasi-Dynasty"  10 Player Keeper 1QB/2 RB 3 WR / 1 TE  2 Flex (Premium TE value)

Team A Gave up: Car TE Greg Olsen; NYG WR Sterling Shepard; 2019 2.02 pick

Team B Gave up: Clev TE David Njuko; 2019 2.09 pick

Note: Picks are Vets & Rookies

I disagree but it seems as if a lot of people are buying into (or at least pitching) this concept.  I have received more offers of people trying to sell McDonald than any other player.  And I've been shocked at the value that his owners are placing on him.  I haven't been willing to pay that price yet but there's apparently a Vance fanclub out there advancing the notion that he's got a ton of value right now.
Never said a ton of value.  I dont think the 18th overall pick in this draft is a ton of value.  I said it didnt feel like it was far off from being a fair deal.  Guy had 600 yards and 4 TD last year in his first season in the offense, sharing his position with the incumbent and sharing targets with a target hog at WR - both are now gone.  The notion that he can improve on 50/610/4 is not far fetched, and an improvement on that to me would justify the 18th overall pick in this draft.

Never said a ton of value.  I dont think the 18th overall pick in this draft is a ton of value.  I said it didnt feel like it was far off from being a fair deal.  Guy had 600 yards and 4 TD last year in his first season in the offense, sharing his position with the incumbent and sharing targets with a target hog at WR - both are now gone.  The notion that he can improve on 50/610/4 is not far fetched, and an improvement on that to me would justify the 18th overall pick in this draft.

Not calling you out in particular.  But I've seen quite a few offers, in several leagues, from different owners, where I'm being pitched McDonald as if he is a top 5 dynasty TE.  I haven't noticed any guy whose value has been inflated nearly as much as his this year.

Now, with that being said, I was a huge fan of his when he first came out and would love to see him add on to what he did last year.  But I think that people are acting if he's already taken the next step.  

FFPC trades:

Gave: Guice, 2020#2, projected playoff

Got: 1.2, 2.2 (I already had 1.1, 1.7 and 2.3 so this gave me 1,2, 7, 14 and 15)

Drafted Parris Cambell with the 2.2 I got from Guice trade and as I was trying to decide between two players at 14 I got this offer below which I took and then drafted both players I was looking at taking at 15 and 16:

Gave: Parris Cambell

Got: 2.4 and projected non-playoff#2

End result:

Gave Guice for 1.2, 2.4 and changed my 2020#2 from projected playoff to projected non-playoff which could end up being a fairly decent difference.
I don't like this at all. Guice would be the easy 1.1 in this draft. 

Trade in PPR

I gave up Conner, James PIT RB; Edelman, Julian NEP WR; Olsen, Greg CAR TE; Adams, Jamal NYJ S

He gave up Howard, Jordan PHI RB; Miller, Lamar HOU RB; Crowder, Jamison NYJ WR; Kelce, Travis KCC TE; Diggs, Quandre DET S; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick.

My main interests were Kelce and the 2020 1st.

I then traded with another owner my 2019 1.10 and 2.01 for his 2019 3.11 and his 2020 1st and 2nd. His first will be a high pick, possibly 1.01. I now have 3 2020 1sts and 2 2020 2nds and loaded for bear. :)

Normally i'd say 1.2 was the obvious answer but I think i prefer the other side by a good margin this year.  
No doubt the draft is deeper with second/third tier talents than true stud prospects at the top.  I would imagine your view of this trade also depends on how you feel about the guys in that prospective top tier (Harry, Montgomery, Sanders, maybe a couple others).

Everyone is trying to move down including me with no bites. I have the 1.01 so I decided to shoot this offer out and it got accepted within the hour so I started to doubt myself.

Up further thought, I guess it's not as obvious as I thought.

I'd still keep the 1.2, but I can see believing you can make hay with the three picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
It also depends on your current roster.  

A contending team would do better adding one quality player who can crack the starting lineup,  A rebuilder might do better adding 3-4 later players who can provide depth and trade resources for the rebuild.

Either way though, just in value terms, should be able to pry more from a contender for 1.2 than two 2nds.  If that’s the best offer, I’d draft a player and look to flip him for a 1st as the draft progressed, or even for a 2020 1st-plus.

Well I’m not a contender holding the 1.01 but was in a lot of games I lost last year. Drafted Guice at 1.02 last year taking over a refugee team. I figure two top picks this year can hopefully put me in contender range.

Shirley. You're joking.
I'm not.  If the draft is in August, i'll almost certainly take 1.2, but the way i see it, 1.2 right now is either harry, Sanders or Montgomery.  

No doubt the draft is deeper with second/third tier talents than true stud prospects at the top.  I would imagine your view of this trade also depends on how you feel about the guys in that prospective top tier (Harry, Montgomery, Sanders, maybe a couple others).
Right.  Could be metcalf, hock, fant, maybe even Murray. There's a bit of a consensus adp forming, but it's still the wild west right now.  

Let's say you get two of AJ brown, Singletary or kyler murray with those 3 picks.  That's unlikely, but possible. People seem to be going hard after the rams rookie back and the colts and chiefs receivers plus a couple tight ends so there's a lot of good stuff in that 2.1 range. 

AJ was in discussion as one of the top wrs in this year's draft and a lot of people liked him better than harry. Yet he's routinely slipping in these early drafts because of his landing spot.  I've seen him as easily as 1.5 and as late as 2.4.  But situation shouldn't matter that much here.  How much better or worse is the 2021 titans qb than the 2021 Patriots qb?  

This is going to seem like a hot take, but I honestly don't see a huge difference between singletary and Sanders/ Montgomery.  I understand that other people do, but to me Singletary is the only one with a legit chance to be a true feature back.  Montgomery could be a beast if he gets 40 plus receptions but Cohen seems to cap that upside. Sanders might have a chance to change the eagles' rbbc ways, but even if he earns a big role this year, he'll still have to fade next year's draft getting him a backfield mate. Singletary looks like a younger McCoy/Gore, and there's a real chance that he takes over one or both of their jobs this year.  He's a record setting touchdown scorer, runs well inside and outside, blocks well and caught the ball well as a sophomore but got targeted less and less and had a couple drops as a senior.  He's riskier because of his combine but man he looks good on film.  I don't see a huge downgrade. 

Murray is another guy who could be a difference maker.  He's going to need to move around a lot to get throwing lanes but he's got one of the best receiving backs in the league and a loaded core of young receivers. The cardinals o line sucked last year, but that's at least partially because all 5 of their starters were on IR.  With his running ability and those weapons in an offense built for him, there's a very high ceiling.  

3.1 might even get one of those guys. But let's say you get Terry Mclaurin instead.  Haskins college receiver, runs a 4.35, well known as a hard worker, willing blocker and consistently improving route runner.  I like him better than Isabella.  

I'm not saying that those guys are the best guys to target.  There's a lot of good guys. But i'd gladly take 3 of those guys over one shot at 1.2 this year.  

I finished an early draft recently.  I tried hard to buy into the second and third rounds.  Nobody wanted to move their picks. The guy with 1.2 tried hard to move down.  Nobody offered what he thought it was worth.  Maybe that's because

Well one things for sure, both sides could end up happy or sad so I guess the gamble was equal for both as any good trade should be.

I'm not.  If the draft is in August, i'll almost certainly take 1.2, but the way i see it, 1.2 right now is either harry, Sanders or Montgomery.  

Right.  Could be metcalf, hock, fant, maybe even Murray. There's a bit of a consensus adp forming, but it's still the wild west right now.  

Let's say you get two of AJ brown, Singletary or kyler murray with those 3 picks.  That's unlikely, but possible. People seem to be going hard after the rams rookie back and the colts and chiefs receivers plus a couple tight ends so there's a lot of good stuff in that 2.1 range. 

AJ was in discussion as one of the top wrs in this year's draft and a lot of people liked him better than harry. Yet he's routinely slipping in these early drafts because of his landing spot.  I've seen him as easily as 1.5 and as late as 2.4.  But situation shouldn't matter that much here.  How much better or worse is the 2021 titans qb than the 2021 Patriots qb?  

This is going to seem like a hot take, but I honestly don't see a huge difference between singletary and Sanders/ Montgomery.  I understand that other people do, but to me Singletary is the only one with a legit chance to be a true feature back.  Montgomery could be a beast if he gets 40 plus receptions but Cohen seems to cap that upside. Sanders might have a chance to change the eagles' rbbc ways, but even if he earns a big role this year, he'll still have to fade next year's draft getting him a backfield mate. Singletary looks like a younger McCoy/Gore, and there's a real chance that he takes over one or both of their jobs this year.  He's a record setting touchdown scorer, runs well inside and outside, blocks well and caught the ball well as a sophomore but got targeted less and less and had a couple drops as a senior.  He's riskier because of his combine but man he looks good on film.  I don't see a huge downgrade. 

Murray is another guy who could be a difference maker.  He's going to need to move around a lot to get throwing lanes but he's got one of the best receiving backs in the league and a loaded core of young receivers. The cardinals o line sucked last year, but that's at least partially because all 5 of their starters were on IR.  With his running ability and those weapons in an offense built for him, there's a very high ceiling.  

3.1 might even get one of those guys. But let's say you get Terry Mclaurin instead.  Haskins college receiver, runs a 4.35, well known as a hard worker, willing blocker and consistently improving route runner.  I like him better than Isabella.  

I'm not saying that those guys are the best guys to target.  There's a lot of good guys. But i'd gladly take 3 of those guys over one shot at 1.2 this year.  

I finished an early draft recently.  I tried hard to buy into the second and third rounds.  Nobody wanted to move their picks. The guy with 1.2 tried hard to move down.  Nobody offered what he thought it was worth.  Maybe that's because
"How much better or worse is the 2021 titans qb than the 2021 Patriots qb?"

This is a fantastic point.

I don't like this at all. Guice would be the easy 1.1 in this draft. 
Appreciate feedback and I hated to give up Guice but would disagree he is easy 1.1.  I know this very league I was sitting on pick 1.1 that  I absolutely preferred Jacobs who I took at 1.1. I own Guice in one other league and offered him straight up for the 1.1 the night before this trade was made and he rejected and took Jacobs.  So can't agree Guice is easy 1.1,  I think if he was in this draft his ADP would be 1.2, would go 1.1 in some drafts I'm sure, as late as 1.5 in others but would average 1.2.

"How much better or worse is the 2021 titans qb than the 2021 Patriots qb?"

This is a fantastic point.
Fair if you're just concerned about their value in 2021.  These things are fluid though.  If Harry comes out and has a really nice rookie season with Brady his value will catapult even with the knowledge that Brady will be moving on soon.  We're talking potential 1st round startup value here before 2021.  Meanwhile Brown could be the opposite and could only get cheaper and cheaper as we head to 2021 and he languishes alongside poor QB play a la Corey Davis.

And FWIW, I trust the Patriots to find their next QB a lot more than I trust the Titans.

Appreciate feedback and I hated to give up Guice but would disagree he is easy 1.1.  I know this very league I was sitting on pick 1.1 that  I absolutely preferred Jacobs who I took at 1.1. I own Guice in one other league and offered him straight up for the 1.1 the night before this trade was made and he rejected and took Jacobs.  So can't agree Guice is easy 1.1,  I think if he was in this draft his ADP would be 1.2, would go 1.1 in some drafts I'm sure, as late as 1.5 in others but would average 1.2.
Guice's startup ADP is a few picks after Jacobs and a few picks before Harry.

I agree with you.  As the owner of 1.01 in one league an offer of Guice for the pick would not interest me.

Well I was excited about my last draft but when Fant went 1.13 right in front of me I decided to get out with my 1.14 OTC.

16 man .5/1.0/1.5 PPR full IDP

Gave 1.14

Got 2020 1st

Should be top 5, solid chance at 1.01

Well I was excited about my last draft but when Fant went 1.13 right in front of me I decided to get out with my 1.14 OTC.

16 man .5/1.0/1.5 PPR full IDP

Gave 1.14

Got 2020 1st

Should be top 5, solid chance at 1.01
Bragging
Not really, but I'm definitely happy about the trade.  It's another data point, which is what this thread is for.  I had actually offered this to the owner earlier but he declined it.  Changed his mind when Marquise Brown was there and he said he didn't originally think he would be.  Not sure why he didn't originally tell me he wanted to wait until the pick was OTC before declining it, but whatever. 

Not really, but I'm definitely happy about the trade.  It's another data point, which is what this thread is for.  I had actually offered this to the owner earlier but he declined it.  Changed his mind when Marquise Brown was there and he said he didn't originally think he would be.  Not sure why he didn't originally tell me he wanted to wait until the pick was OTC before declining it, but whatever. 
Well you may not be bragging but I’m definitely jealous. Couldn’t swing that trade in my leagues because the guy at 1.07 and 1.09 snapped up those willing firsts before it got to my 1.11.

Well you may not be bragging but I’m definitely jealous. Couldn’t swing that trade in my leagues because the guy at 1.07 and 1.09 snapped up those willing firsts before it got to my 1.11.
It's definitely league dependent and the 1.07 and 1.09 can really be a different tier than our picks depending on the owner's perception.  I made a point a while back about Marquise being a TNT type of player - the kind of guy that can create points all by himself.  The first time he takes a 2 yard screen pass 70 yards and follows that up with a 9 yard slat going 80. he's going to be untouchable.  I'm not saying he's QB proof, nor that Jackson can be The Man, but Brown can mitigate a whole lot of bad in a hurry.  He's an easy one to fall in love with and he went 1.05 and 1.06 in prior drafts.

It also helps these are IDP leagues, the stud IDP's push the value of 2019 1sts a few slots.  I had zero luck in my other leagues as well.  I did get some nice trade-downs and add 2020 2nd's but no firsts.  You gotta catch the right owner at the right time.

Big rookie fever trade. 12 team 1PPR TE premium league.  Not involved

Team A gets, K’Neal Harry, P Campbell, Mike Williams, N Fant

Team B get OBJ
Thats essentially 3 firsts (I assume Williams would go top 3-4 in this draft) and an early 2nd (Fant) for OBJ.  I think thats pretty solid value.  Still not sure I could part with him, but it seems fair to me.

Team B get OBJ
That is a whole lot of home run swings for OBJ though, I don't think that's so much about rookie fever as risk/reward calculations.  By ADP from DLF that's 1.01, 1.04 (Mike right after Sanders), 1.08, and 1.11 (Fant, who I like the best of all of them in TE premium).  That's hard to say no to.   Hope someone offers it to me.

Thats essentially 3 firsts (I assume Williams would go top 3-4 in this draft) and an early 2nd (Fant) for OBJ.  I think thats pretty solid value.  Still not sure I could part with him, but it seems fair to me.
It's TE premium so Fant is absolutely a first round player. I think the value on the players and in a landslide.

Team B get OBJ
I'm not thrilled by the names, but if you offered me 4 1sts for OBJ I have to take it.

Team B get OBJ
Team B wins that one pretty easily in my eyes. Beckham is a top-5 overall player, getting him for a bunch of question marks is a steal.

12 team FFPC style (this one disbands after 2020 jackpot season)

I got Boyd, 2020 2nd, 4.05 (took Darren Waller, IDK)

I gave Jimmy Graham, Duke Johnson, 2020 1st

Took over an orphan, am loaded at RB and weak at WR. TE is meh, but maybe Waller becomes the starting TE in Oakland this year.  

Team B get OBJ
I like OBJ a lot, but he always gets hurt.  

I’d probably take it even without Fant.

12 team FFPC style (this one disbands after 2020 jackpot season)

I got Boyd, 2020 2nd, 4.05 (took Darren Waller, IDK)

I gave Jimmy Graham, Duke Johnson, 2020 1st

Took over an orphan, am loaded at RB and weak at WR. TE is meh, but maybe Waller becomes the starting TE in Oakland this year.  
It’s close.  

I basically look at it as Boyd/2 for 1.  I’m high on Boyd, think he’s a WR2 for years.  

Team B get OBJ
I dont think this is rookie fever.  I think this is a good value move that likely pays dividends starting in 2020.  I can see both sides but this can NOT be considered rookie fever

All leagues are 16 man .5/.75/1.25 PPR with full IDP.  Many of these have strong IDP or cash components so I filter those out since not a lot of people in this thread have that experience.

League 1 - This is an older trade I just ran across but thought it was interesting. 

Team A got Dalton, Andy CIN QB; Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.05; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team B
Team B got Mayfield, Baker CLE QB; Year 2019 Draft Pick 5.08; Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team A

League 2

Team A got Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.09; Year 2020 Round 3 Draft Pick from Team C
Team B got Watkins, Sammy KCC WR; Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.05

Team A got Moore, D.J. CAR WR; Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.12
Team B got Hilton, T.Y. IND WR

League 3 - 2020 1st's flying!

Team A got Gurley, Todd LAR RB
Team B got Allen, Keenan LAC WR; Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.10; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team A

Team B got Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.01; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team C
Team C got Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.15; Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.12

Team D got Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.12
Team E got Year 2019 Draft Pick 4.04; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team D

Team D got Dorsett, Phillip NEP WR; Year 2019 Draft Pick 3.09; Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team H
Team F got Rosen, Josh MIA QB

Team G got Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick from Team G; Year 2020 Round 2 Draft Pick from Team G
Team H got Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.10

Not involved but went down in my 12 team PPR dynasty today. A steal for the guy getting picks IMO. 

Team A gets: Baker, Ingram, VSM 

Team B gets: 1.4, 2020 1st (early), 3.4 

That is a whole lot of home run swings for OBJ though, I don't think that's so much about rookie fever as risk/reward calculations.  By ADP from DLF that's 1.01, 1.04 (Mike right after Sanders), 1.08, and 1.11 (Fant, who I like the best of all of them in TE premium).  That's hard to say no to.   Hope someone offers it to me.
I own OBJ in 2 leagues and I would certainly take a deal like that if it were offered.

Users who are viewing this thread