What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (26 Viewers)

12 team IDP ppr

Gave: Jordan Howard

Got: Tyreek Hill

Hill all day. I’m on the side where he only misses 6-8 games and he’s still 25. 
If one is taking a moral stance on Hill, I’m fine with that owner trading them for whatever they can get.  

But from a purely fantasy football perspective, I don’t at all understand some of the crap people are trading Hill for.  Even if Hill only has a 5% chance of ever playing again (I think it’s much higher than that), he’s still worth about three Jordan Howards.  If you’re going to purge Hill from your roster, at least get something with some upside like a young prospect, 2nd round rookie pick, etc.  Not Jordan Howard.  Makes zero sense.

12 team PPR IDP

Traded Sammy Watkins for 2020 1st. I now have 4 2020 1sts and 2 2020 2nds. And I still have Fuller, Godwin, Kirk, Lockett, Pettis, and Mike Williams at WR. Also have the 1.2 in 2019 draft, which will either be Harry or Jacobs. A lot of young talent on this team which may not make the playoffs but will be competitive. And well set for 2020! :)
I can't believe people are giving up a 1st for Sammy freakin Watkins

I can't believe people are giving up a 1st for Sammy freakin Watkins
Agree. Something I read awhile back and I’ve not been able to find it said something along the lines of his hip is bone on bone soon and his foot creates a lot of those problem.  He’s in a great situation and will have a few big games but others he’ll be non existent. 

Deep 12 team PPR (60+ spots)

Josh Doctson, Trent Sherfield, CJ Prosise, 2020 2nd (LATE 20-24th) and 2020 6th

For

Dante Pettis, Kendrick Bourne, 2020 2nd (EARLY) 13-15th overall. 

For

As far as I can see, everything on the top line should be equal in value to ONLY the 2020 2nd.  Pettis alone is easily worth everything on the top line and at least another 2020 2nd.

Went down in my league today, not involved.   10 teamPPR superflex

Team A sends: OJ Howard, 2020 2nd (likely late)

Team B sends: Courtland Sutton, 2020 3rd (likely late)

Went down in my league today, not involved.   10 teamPPR superflex

Team A sends: OJ Howard, 2020 2nd (likely late)

Team B sends: Courtland Sutton, 2020 3rd (likely late)
I was looking at trading for a TE in the OJ Howard/Ebron range and I have Sutton.  I don't think this deal gets it done in my league for me.

I take OJ side by a lot.  I think with picks reversed it would still get denied.

I was looking at trading for a TE in the OJ Howard/Ebron range and I have Sutton.  I don't think this deal gets it done in my league for me.

I take OJ side by a lot.  I think with picks reversed it would still get denied.
That was my initial thought too.  Both teams are likely contenders so its likely a true round leap for the guy getting Sutton.  He also has Kittle but think maybe he could've gotten more.  Both owners are guys I consider sharp fantasy players so I was a little surprised I felt so strongly.  Most trades in the league are 50/50ish propositions. 

For

Pettis alone is worth more than the whole other side so I'll take Pettis and the free early 2020 second easily. 

Pettis alone is worth more than the whole other side so I'll take Pettis and the free early 2020 second easily. 
I was quite happy to get this deal. I drafted Doctson 1.3 years back and he’s already 27. Richardson should be cut after this year. What a mess of a salary.  Best offer prior to this deal was a 2020 4th. Skins need WRs bad! 

Last edited by a moderator:
"Well....I guess I can do Doctson for Pettis but you'll have to give me a little sweetner, perhaps you can bump up my second round pick next year. And just to show I'm not a total cut-throat I'll throw in not only CJ Prosise but Trent Sherfield as well....although I know I'll regret it as soon as it becomes official."
LOL!  I offered it hoping to get an counter. A follow up text the next day, Thoughts on that trade. Was waiting on a counter  

Another huge one. 

Malcom Brown for DeAndre Carter 

Gottabesweet said:
LOL!  I offered it hoping to get an counter. A follow up text the next day, Thoughts on that trade. Was waiting on a counter  

Another huge one. 

Malcom Brown for DeAndre Carter 

tangent...I'm holding on M Brown in the one league where I own him.

I don't want to have the same regret I had last year when I sold Connor "cheap" when we all thought Bell would sign at the end of the pre-season and be a stud RB as always in the Pitt system. The league where I own Brown is only Keep 13, so I likely won't be able to keep him, but I'm certainly not going to trade him now on the cheap and wait til we see what the real pre-season practices/games/reports have to say about Gurley.

tangent...I'm holding on M Brown in the one league where I own him.

I don't want to have the same regret I had last year when I sold Connor "cheap" when we all thought Bell would sign at the end of the pre-season and be a stud RB as always in the Pitt system. The league where I own Brown is only Keep 13, so I likely won't be able to keep him, but I'm certainly not going to trade him now on the cheap and wait til we see what the real pre-season practices/games/reports have to say about Gurley.
Got Conner as an early throw in last year. Love adding RB2/3s on the cheap and see what happens in camp. Good point. 

Recap on what started a few pages back:

• 12 team PPR, 24 man rosters, start 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1K, 1DST, 2F
  • Team A was 3-10 with 10 victory points in 2017, second worst in the league in both, and scored the fewest points in the league.
  • The Team A owner from league inception in 2013 through the 2017 season left the league and was replaced by a new owner unknown to me on April 3. The new owner is getting a 50% discount in his first 2 seasons due to the poor state of the roster he took over.
The new owner has made 7 trades in his first 10 days in the league. Here they are, in order of occurrence:

Team A gave up Alex Collins and 2018 Draft Pick 2.02
Team B gave up Aaron Jones and 2018 Draft Pick 4.04

Team A gave up Tevin Coleman and 2018 Draft Pick 1.10
Team C gave up Ty Montgomery and Devante Parker

Team A gave up Zach Ertz and 2019 Round 1 Draft Pick (almost certain to be 1.01)
Team D gave up Donta Foreman, Theo Riddick, Cameron Brate, 2018 Draft Pick 2.08, and 2018 Draft Pick 4.08

Team A gave up Martavis Bryant and 2018 Draft Pick 2.08
Team B gave up 2018 Draft Pick 2.02

Team A gave up Jimmy Garoppolo
Team E gave up 2018 Draft Pick 2.10, 2018 Draft Pick 3.04, and Year 2018 Draft Pick 3.08

Team A gave up Keelan Cole and 2018 Draft Pick 2.10
Team E gave up Cooper Kupp

Team A gave up Donte Moncrief
Team E gave up 2018 Draft Pick 2.10

My team was not involved in any of those trades. My repeats of Team B and Team E show that he made 2 trades with Team B and 3 trades in a row with Team E, during which 2018 Draft Pick 2.10 was involved in each trade.

Team A currently has 2018 Draft Picks 2.02, 2.10, 3.02, 3.04, 3.08, 3.10, 4.02, 4.04, and 4.08 and has no 2019 first round pick since he traded it away in his second trade above.

I have not seen any league chatter on this, but this is a league that typically is not very active in the offseason, and I don't recall any real chatter over any trades in the past. The league rules only allow trade vetos in the case of collusion, so there isn't necessarily reason for other owners to be posting or emailing about this (assuming no one knows of any collusion).

I won't continue to clutter the thread with recaps if his trading spree continues, but I have been playing in dynasty leagues for a dozen years or so, and I have never seen anything like this, so wanted to aggregate everything one more time.

I guess I should feel stupid for not getting in on the feeding frenzy...
It occurred to me today to update this (at risk of getting called out by @Catbird).

As I mentioned above, a new owner took over Team A prior to all of the trades above. He was given a 50% discount for 2018 and 2019 due to taking over a bad team, and he paid both discounted prices since he traded away 2019  picks.

It actually got much worse than I posted above. He made 26 trades between April 2018 and August 2018, most of them similarly bad to those above. He traded away Brees, Juju, McCaffrey, Chubb, Mixon, and Kupp, among others. Unsurprisingly, he finished last in the league and quit and now we have another new owner with a two season discount and extra draft picks in this year's rookie draft between rounds.

Back to the regularly scheduled trade talk...

Not involved 12 team PPR. Big one. 

Gurley, Mike Evans, Jordan Howard, 28 and 32nd overall rookie picks (thirds)

for 

Hopkins, Sony Michel, 1.7

Not involved 12 team PPR. Big one. 

Gurley, Mike Evans, Jordan Howard, 28 and 32nd overall rookie picks (thirds)

for 

Hopkins, Sony Michel, 1.7
Personal preference. 

Hopkins > Evans, but not by much (and maybe not at all after this season)

Michel/1.7 is a good return for Gurley right now if you believe in Michel's knee.  I don't.

Personal preference. 

Hopkins > Evans, but not by much (and maybe not at all after this season)

Michel/1.7 is a good return for Gurley right now if you believe in Michel's knee.  I don't.
Do you believe in Gurley’s knee more than Michel’s knee?

Do you believe in Gurley’s knee more than Michel’s knee?
I'm much more concerned that the Patriots just drafted a third RB than that the Rams drafted a second.  

Michel plus 1.7 from a bad class doesn't even start the conversation for me. 

Not involved, but it’s sparked some conversation. 12 team PPR.

A  gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.01; Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.09; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick 

B gave up Mack, Marlon IND RB; Kittle, George SFO TE

A  gave up Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.01; Year 2019 Draft Pick 1.09; Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick 

Seems aggresive for those players, but both seem to have broken out and could have great futures if they can build on it. 

I like that deal for the team getting Mack/Kittle. Kittle is so much younger than Kelce/Ertz, and could still be on the upswing. He's worth the 1.1 and 1.9 by himself to me. I'm not a hge Mack fan, but he's in a pretty good situation now, if he can stay healthy, so as long as that 2020 1st isn't likely to be super high, unlikely with these 2 additions, I like it.

12 tm IDP 0.5 PPR start 2-3 rb 3-4 wr

Ridley yeldon

For

Freeman Ito 5.10
I think the Ridley side wins by a wide margin. Good chance the 2020 Falcons RB isn't currently on the team, where as Ridley looked very promising as a rookie, and will likely only get better. 

That's a lot to give up for those two. I am not a Kittle fan this year but even assuming he is TE#1 that is a lot of value to give. But, I can see how those guys could help a team. Mack is such an unknown though this could work out if he stays healthy and catches a few more passes.  If this is TE bonus it makes a little more sense. 

Seems aggresive for those players, but both seem to have broken out and could have great futures if they can build on it. 

I like that deal for the team getting Mack/Kittle. Kittle is so much younger than Kelce/Ertz, and could still be on the upswing. He's worth the 1.1 and 1.9 by himself to me. I'm not a hge Mack fan, but he's in a pretty good situation now, if he can stay healthy, so as long as that 2020 1st isn't likely to be super high, unlikely with these 2 additions, I like it.

I think the Ridley side wins by a wide margin. Good chance the 2020 Falcons RB isn't currently on the team, where as Ridley looked very promising as a rookie, and will likely only get better. 
Most people in the conversation agree with what Ratbone just posted. I was the outlier, thinking the deal was pretty fair. In my opinion you cannot get Kittle for less than two first. Personally, I prefer the known commodities.

14 team PPR devy league TE Premium. Fairly shallow lineups (QB, 1-3 RB, 1-4 WR, 1-3 TE--7 total)

Made a series of deals to retool coming off back-to-back championships...had Gronk and Baldwin retire on me and in general had just been patching holes by trading future picks for years. Was time for some big changes. I don't do tear-down rebuilds, so I wasn't trying to rip it down to the studs and tank or anything, just remake my roster, but younger.

Deal 1--

Gave: 2021 draft

Got: Eno Benjamin*

Deal 2--

Gave: Julio Jones, Robert Woods, Jared Cook

Got: Jerry Jeudy*, Calvin Ridley

Deal 3--

Gave: Damien Williams

Got: Darrell Henderson, David Njoku

Deal 4--

Gave: Jerry Jeudy*, Darrell Henderson, Eno Benjamin*

Got: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Marvin Jones, Tom Brady

So, in the end even though imo I didn't "win" every deal, I essentially ended up paying Damien Williams and my entire 2021 draft to upgrade from:

Julio/Woods/J. Cook to JuJu/C. Ridley/Njoku

Which to me is a huge win given my goal to retool and get younger.

12 team PPR not involved:

A- gave up Johnson, David ARI RB

B- gave up Kittle, George SFO TE, Year 2019 Draft Pick 2.08 and Year 2020 Round 1 Draft Pick 

Users who are viewing this thread